PDA

View Full Version : Daley says he will not run for re-election: It's time

vanhalen1r2
09-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Daley says he will not run for re-election: 'It's time'
September 7, 2010 2:18 PM | No Comments | BREAKING STORY
Mayor Richard Daley says he will not run for re-election in 2011, saying it's "time for me, it's time for Chicago to move on."

"The truth is I have been thinking about this for the past several months," Daley said at a City Hall news conference. "In the end this is a personal decision, no more, no less."

His wife Maggie stood by his side with the help of a crutch, smiling broadly as the mayor continued: "I have always known that people want you to work hard for them. Clearly, they won't always agree with you. Obviously, they don't like it when you make a mistake. But at all times, they expect you to lead, to make difficult decisions, rooted in what's right for them.

"For 21 years, that's what I've tried to do," he said. "But today, I am announcing that I will not seek a 7th term as mayor of the city of Chicago.

"Simply put, it's time," said Daley, 68. "Time for me, it's time for Chicago to move on."

Diamondjimi
09-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Psst... (nobody cares )

vanhalen1r2
09-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Psst... (nobody cares )

Psst... (OK )

FORD
09-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Actually that's not true. I care.

Not so much about Daley, but because this might finally be a way to get that fucking piece of Goldman Sachs blowing shit Rahm Emanuel out of the White House and away from the national Democratic Party.

And that would be a very good thing.

hambon4lif
09-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Actually that's not true. I care.

Not so much about Daley, but because this might finally be a way to get that fucking piece of Goldman Sachs blowing shit Rahm Emanuel out of the White House and away from the national Democratic Party.

And that would be a very good thing.Rahm's also at the top of the list of people to be subpoenaed in Blago's retrial.

If he gets dragged into that mess, it may just be enough to finish him off.

FORD
09-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Whatever it takes, just as long as he's gone. :biggrin:

hambon4lif
09-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Dear Rahm,

FUCK NO!!

Signed,
The People of Chicago

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n5OnzO2suDs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n5OnzO2suDs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>