PDA

View Full Version : Judge: Military's Ban on Gays Is Unconstitutional

FORD
09-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Judge: Military's Ban on Gays Is Unconstitutional
Fed. judge: Military's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy violates 1st Amendment rights of gays
The Associated Press

RIVERSIDE, Calif.

A federal judge in Southern California has declared the U.S. military's ban on openly gay service members unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips on Thursday granted a request for an injunction halting the government's "don't ask, don't tell" policy for gays in the military.

Phillips says the policy doesn't help military readiness and instead has a "direct and deleterious effect" on the armed services.

The lawsuit was the biggest legal test of the law in recent years and came amid promises by President Barack Obama that he will work to repeal the policy.

Government lawyers argued Phillips lacked the authority to issue a nationwide injunction and the issue should be decided by Congress.

The injunction was sought by the Log Cabin Republicans, a 19,000-member group that includes current and former military members.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=11598904

Great news. Now GAyR can sign up and go kill some of those "mudpeople" he's always bitching about

BigBadBrian
09-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Whatever.

For their own safety, gays should just stay in the closet if they value the experience of living.

I honestly would fear for their safety, knowing it's a big ocean out there and you could literally be missed being aboard ship for hours.

FORD
09-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Funny that you have always portrayed yourself as such a big fan of Israel, but you ignore the fact that they have no problem with gays openly serving in their military. And aren't they the ones who invented all this "Leviticus" crap?

Drolaw
09-11-2010, 04:00 PM
As a former vet I honestly do not understand why gays and woman would want to be assigned to a combat unit. The mentality of those soliders is different than normal America. There is a code amoung those guys and I wouldn't want to be a part of something where I could harm myself and others for the sake of making a point. I wouldn't want to try out for an NFL cheerleading squad as I'm not good looking and I have a different organ those those who do. I could legally challenge it in court and probably win as the NFL would be cited for hiring based on sex not talent...but why would I do that? Just to make a point? Come on guys and girls....let it go.

FORD
09-11-2010, 04:12 PM
You DO realize that some of those guys already in the combat unit with the "mentality" you speak of ARE gay, don't you?

Military historians certainly know who Alexander the Great was. Does the fact that he was a flaming queen lessen his military victories at all?

It comes down to this: When you're in a combat situation, are you thinking about pussy? Of course not. You're thinking about how you're going to make it out of that shit alive. Why do you think it would be any different for the gay guy next to you in the trenches?

jhale667
09-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Much like they say there's no religious or political affiliation in a foxhole, betting sexual orientation goes out the window too when you're ALL getting shot at by a common enemy.

chefcraig
09-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't want to try out for an NFL cheerleading squad as I'm not good looking and I have a different organ those those who do. I could legally challenge it in court and probably win as the NFL would be cited for hiring based on sex not talent...but why would I do that? Just to make a point? Come on guys and girls....let it go.

You'd be surprised at how easily you could win, because there is legal precedent for such a thing. Over the years, several men have sued Hooters for hiring practices that are based upon sexual discrimination. After being turned down jobs as waitresses, each of the men successfully reached settlements with the chain. Yet you are correct, it really is pointless and pretty much borders on being frivolous.

Even if it is debatable as to what gays and women are trying to prove by joining a combat unit, it ultimately is not of their choice. Essentially, you are saying that they are unfit for this duty because of their mentality, and are making an assumption as to their place their based by your own admitted inability to understand their reasoning. That doesn't make a great deal of sense. If they have the temerity to volunteer for the duty to begin with, then they should be allowed to serve. And by stating they are unfit or do not belong there, essentially it is people like yourself that are requiring them to prove themselves. You can't question why they are proving themselves when you are part of the reason they need to in the first place.

jhale667
09-11-2010, 04:58 PM
You'd be surprised at how easily you could win, because there is legal precedent for such a thing. Over the years, several men have sued Hooters for hiring practices that are based upon sexual discrimination. After being turned down jobs as waitresses, each of the men successfully reached settlements with the chain. Yet you are correct, it really is pointless and pretty much borders on being frivolous.

Even if it is debatable as to what gays and women are trying to prove by joining a combat unit, it ultimately is not of their choice. Essentially, you are saying that they are unfit for this duty because of their mentality, and are making an assumption as to their place their based by your own admitted inability to understand their reasoning. That doesn't make a great deal of sense. If they have the temerity to volunteer for the duty to begin with, then they should be allowed to serve. And by stating they are unfit or do not belong there, essentially it is people like yourself that are requiring them to prove themselves. You can't question why they are proving themselves when you are part of the reason they need to in the first place.

That's in the running for "most articulate OWNING" of 2010... :baaa:

Va Beach VH Fan
09-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Probably the biggest phobia that I've never understood is what would happen when/if a gay Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Airman is bunked somewhere near you....

Is there some extra testosterone, libido or general horniness in gay people that isn't prevalent in straight people ??

What do you think is going to happen, they're gonna come up behind you and ram you in the ass ??

And like FORD said, it's not like that they AREN'T bunking near them RIGHT NOW, they just don't know they're gay....

20 years in the military, and I never saw it as a serious issue, meaning if DADT was repealed....

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Whatever.

For their own safety, gays should just stay in the closet if they value the experience of living.

I honestly would fear for their safety, knowing it's a big ocean out there and you could literally be missed being aboard ship for hours.

Why, would you rape them?

Um, I think I've seen several stories on "60 Minutes" and other media outlets like the one about an Army Medic that was almost completely out-of-the-closet and openly admitted be was gay. He was Honorably Discharged long after he admitted it, and his commander basically thanked him for his service and was disappointed he was losing a good, professional soldier but that rules were rules (conveniently after he had served most of his tour in Iraq and long after he had his boyfriend to several social functions). Nobody gave a fuck because they weren't a bunch of excessively macho creepy fucks insecure about themselves...maybe you should give some people more credit than the closeted, homophobic retarded seamen you served with?

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 06:31 PM
You DO realize that some of those guys already in the combat unit with the "mentality" you speak of ARE gay, don't you?

Military historians certainly know who Alexander the Great was. Does the fact that he was a flaming queen lessen his military victories at all?

It comes down to this: When you're in a combat situation, are you thinking about pussy? Of course not. You're thinking about how you're going to make it out of that shit alive. Why do you think it would be any different for the gay guy next to you in the trenches?

Alexander was probably bisexual. He did have a long term boyfriend, but I also think he bedded much of the female Persian nobility and wanted to marry out of love and not property...

However:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcwfRsV-g8U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pcwfRsV-g8U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chefcraig
09-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Alexander was probably bisexual. He did have a long term boyfriend, but I also think he bedded much of the female Persian nobility and wanted to marry out of love and not property...

Wasn't that whole marriage thing part of some political symbolism about uniting Persia with Greece? Alexander certainly put more effort into memorializing Hephaestion than he did his marriages, and oddly enough his only son was born shortly after his death.

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 06:47 PM
As a former vet I honestly....

You were once a veterinarian?

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 06:52 PM
....When you're in a combat situation, are you thinking about pussy? ...

Me? Definitely! There's also Army pussy, although it varies in quality and some are pretty well used up...

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Wasn't that whole marriage thing part of some political symbolism about uniting Persia with Greece? Alexander certainly put more effort into memorializing Hephaestion than he did his marriages, and oddly enough his only son was born shortly after his death.

I may be incorrect regarding his marriages. But I'm pretty sure I've read that a Macedonian king on top pretty much got all the 'conquests' he could handle and most reject the notion that he was simply gay. I only mention this because I think both sides erroneously allude to history. If you really want to piss off a ultra political lesbian college chick, tell her that Sappho was a "bisexual pedophile" like one of my professors once did and that she apparently enjoyed felicitating men as much as she did imposing herself on young girls...

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Incidentally, it's become a complete non-issue in most of the NATO armies where gays serve openly:

Sexual orientation and military service
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The militaries of the world have a variety of responses to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) individuals. Most Western military forces have now removed policies excluding sexual minority members; of the 26 countries that participate militarily in NATO, 22 permit open lesbians, gays, or bisexuals to serve; of the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council, three (United Kingdom, France, and Russia) do so. The United States (see Don't ask, don't tell) technically permits gays and lesbians to serve, but not openly.

Policies and attitudes toward gay and lesbian personnel in the military vary widely internationally. Several countries allow gay men and lesbians to serve openly and have granted them the same rights and privileges as their heterosexual counterparts. Many countries neither ban nor support gay and lesbian service members, and a small group continue to ban homosexual personnel outright.

In many of those countries, debate before the policy changes was highly pitched and many people both inside and outside the military predicted major disruptions, but when inclusive policies were implemented, no more than three people in each country actually resigned....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orientation_and_military_service

FORD
09-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Interesting that even countries where the homophobic Catholic church is still a strong presence (such as Ireland and Italy) are able to get over this shit. As well as the people who wrote the "homophobic" books of the Bible (Israel), as previously mentioned.

Unchainme
09-11-2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-pG6kpzk0&feature=related

I finally have an excuse to post this.

Nickdfresh
09-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Interesting that even countries where the homophobic Catholic church is still a strong presence (such as Ireland and Italy) are able to get over this shit. As well as the people who wrote the "homophobic" books of the Bible (Israel), as previously mentioned.

Right! Because one cannot get out of serving by pretending to be gay in front of their draft board (or equivalent) such as Jim Morrison did...

FORD
09-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh well, there's always the Ted Nugent "shit your pants for a week after eating nothing but Pepsi and junk food" excuse.

And then spend the rest of your life calling yourself a right wing "uber-patriot".

GAR
09-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Judge: Military's Ban on Gays Is Unconstitutional
Fed. judge: Military's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy violates 1st Amendment rights of gays

Only a FAGGOT cares to post shit news like this, because it's shit.. and FAGGOTS play with other men's shit on thier fuckin' knobs..

FORD is gay, case closed.

LoungeMachine
09-12-2010, 01:22 AM
STFU gar.

:gulp:

Case closed.

GAR
09-12-2010, 01:43 AM
I believe in Gays marrying in the Military as long as they all marry YOU in one long processional daisey-chain, in the Brig.

GAR
09-12-2010, 01:45 AM
(that avatar is SOO wrong.. ) you look like a Don Dokken who's been on a binger.

If you're gonna post your chick in your av, post her A-cup TOOTSIES without you drooling on 'em. ok?

Nickdfresh
09-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Only a FAGGOT cares to post shit news like this, because it's shit.. and FAGGOTS play with other men's shit on thier fuckin' knobs..

But you seem to care about the "faggots" even to post in the thread, ass clown...you puffy Aiken impersonator...

FORD
09-12-2010, 01:20 PM
He's still not over Jizzy, I guess. Poor GAyR. :(

Va Beach VH Fan
09-12-2010, 06:28 PM

You know GAR, it's quite simple....

If you don't like the subject of the thread, DON'T READ IT....

Contrary to your beliefs, you do NOT have to reply and make a smart-ass comment to EVERY fucking thread on this board....

Settle the fuck down....

ELVIS
09-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Much like they say there's no religious or political affiliation in a foxhole, betting sexual orientation goes out the window too when you're ALL getting shot at by a common enemy.

The actual saying is "there are no atheists in foxholes" but that wouldn't fit your progressive agenda...

:elvis:

GAR
09-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Senior Member #25 now communicates a request to Senior Member #12: to ask of Senior Member #32 WHY if it's a gay-centric politico, front-pager news item on Yahoo which we ALL see everyday, why does Senior Member #32 knowingly seek to irritate by toileting said-topic in Front Line?

25 already knows the rhetorical disconnected reply 32's gonna provide, so maybe a differing source request will get a serious answer.

FORD
09-12-2010, 07:08 PM
The actual saying is "there are no atheists in foxholes" but that wouldn't fit your progressive agenda...

:elvis:

The point is not whether there are atheists in foxholes, but rather, if you are IN a foxhole (i.e. in combat) are you really going to pick that time to argue with somebody over religion, their political party, or who they might want to fuck if you both make it out of there alive.

FORD
09-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Senior Member #25 now communicates a request to Senior Member #12: to ask of Senior Member #32 WHY if it's a gay-centric politico, front-pager news item on Yahoo which we ALL see everyday, why does Senior Member #32 knowingly seek to irritate by toileting said-topic in Front Line?

25 already knows the rhetorical disconnected reply 32's gonna provide, so maybe a differing source request will get a serious answer.

Senior Member 32 requests that Library Squatter 25 go die in a fire, and then Senior Member 33 will take over from there.

GAR
09-12-2010, 07:10 PM
But you seem to care about the "faggots" even to post in the thread...

NO dude, it's like: anytime it's a GAY thing with government - it's everywhere.

It's on AP, Reuters, CNN, Fox, ABC, PMSNBC... we've all seen it. We know. But GUY here fells like "wow this is quite exciting. I think I should share this with all my Rotharmy peoples."

I'm saying: no you don't have to. It's saturation-level irritation, and he's already acknowledged he's not gay I know that. But then - why else post it unless you're drawn to such items?

Satan
09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Senior Member 32 requests that Library Squatter 25 go die in a fire, and then Senior Member 33 will take over from there.

HELL yeah, we're ready for him. Though I really should be Senior Member #666 http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Satan
09-12-2010, 07:16 PM
NO dude, it's like: anytime it's a GAY thing with government - it's everywhere.

It's on AP, Reuters, CNN, Fox, ABC, PMSNBC... we've all seen it. We know. But GUY here fells like "wow this is quite exciting. I think I should share this with all my Rotharmy peoples."

I'm saying: no you don't have to. It's saturation-level irritation, and he's already acknowledged he's not gay I know that. But then - why else post it unless you're drawn to such items?

Maybe because ending institutionalized bigotry in the military is a historically important thing?

What do I know? I'm just the Devil. No prejudice down here. Everyone burns the same. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

jhale667
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM

As opposed to your regressive one. Get a clue, asshat.

The point is not whether there are atheists in foxholes, but rather, if you are IN a foxhole (i.e. in combat) are you really going to pick that time to argue with somebody over religion, their political party, or who they might want to fuck if you both make it out of there alive.

Exactly, but then that doesn't fit bedpan-flipper's hate agenda...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-12-2010, 07:23 PM

You can apply that "logic" to anything in the Front Line....

There are plenty of threads I choose not to reply to, and plenty more that I don't even read....

You should do the same....

GAR
09-12-2010, 08:32 PM
You can probably guess the result if, in combat "forced" to accomodate two "married" fags in the bunk next to me, and I hear them slurping each other?

And I have a few extra rounds? Think about reports you may have come across regarding how unexplainable "friendly fire" is written up. I can tell you right now, friendly fire loses a high percentage of gay troops in the past as it will in the future than any other race, religion, or any other segmented-American you could think of.

Nobody wants this for the gays, not me not Clinton who gave them an "out" in case somebody outted them. And now, they don't even have that.

This is no proud news to keep lingering on, it's just an ugly subject about ugly people whom shouldn't force their way into being there in the first place.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Says the expert who hasn't served one day in the military to have the slightest notion what servicemembers are thinking about when they're in combat....

Satan
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
GAyR, you do realize that the minute you arrive in Hell, your first roommate is going to be Liberace, right? http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Not that it would really be fair to him, but this IS Hell.

Anonymous
09-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Probably the biggest phobia that I've never understood is what would happen when/if a gay Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Airman is bunked somewhere near you....

Is there some extra testosterone, libido or general horniness in gay people that isn't prevalent in straight people ??

What do you think is going to happen, they're gonna come up behind you and ram you in the ass ??

And like FORD said, it's not like that they AREN'T bunking near them RIGHT NOW, they just don't know they're gay....

20 years in the military, and I never saw it as a serious issue, meaning if DADT was repealed....

Do you really want this explained to you? As if you don't already know...

The problem is NOT the gay guy lying in bed. The problem is the supposed straight guy who can't stop thinking about the gay guy lying close to him.

Really, the older I am, the more I realize that most people have strong, latent homosexual tendencies.

I've seen completely "straight" men having "fun" with one another pushing & struggling & laughing in "tests of strength" that are just like the pushing & struggling & laughing you have with your girlfriend when you're both fuckin' horny as hell!

It's... embarrassing, to say the least.

Cheers! :bottle:

ELVIS
09-12-2010, 09:14 PM

A dick sucking queer might...

ELVIS
09-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you really want this explained to you? As if you don't already know...

The problem is NOT the gay guy lying in bed. The problem is the supposed straight guy who can't stop thinking about the gay guy lying close to him.

Really, the older I am, the more I realize that most people have strong, latent homosexual tendencies.

I've seen completely "straight" men having "fun" with one another pushing & struggling & laughing in "tests of strength" that are just like the pushing & struggling & laughing you have with your girlfriend when you're both fuckin' horny as hell!

It's... embarrassing, to say the least.

Dude, you're queer for sure...

Satan
09-12-2010, 09:20 PM
A dick sucking queer might...

Dude, you're a nurse. I've never implied that YOU are gay, but surely some male nurses are. When you work with these guys, do you honestly believe they are thinking about "sucking dick", or do you believe they are thinking about their job?

ELVIS
09-12-2010, 09:23 PM
As opposed to your regressive one. Get a clue, asshat.

Like what, that you're a copycat progressive liberal who follows along with whatever the current flavor of the day is ??

Anonymous
09-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Dude, you're queer for sure...

Well, I am a bit weird, but what does that have to do with anything?

ELVIS
09-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Dude, you're a nurse. I've never implied that YOU are gay, but surely some male nurses are. When you work with these guys, do you honestly believe they are thinking about "sucking dick", or do you believe they are thinking about their job?

Probably both...:biggrin:

Anonymous
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Probably both...:biggrin:

Ha! You're admitting it, then?

Poor old men that have their dicks handled (fondly) by you...

sadaist
09-13-2010, 02:54 AM
When you're in a combat situation, are you thinking about pussy?

When in combat with my ex-wife I was thinking of all the pussy I was NOT going to get anymore. Does that count?

GAR
09-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Maybe because ending institutionalized bigotry in the military is a historically important thing?

Maybe it's institutionally-poisoned ideology by a minority contigent class of mental and moral failures seeking a form of equality they don't deserve like those who do not have failures of mental and moral turpitude.

They are not equal, therefore there is no bigotry, 'phobia, damage, or denial of rights here if they're kept out of the military. The equality they seek would be a disequal acknowledgement of the sacrifices and achievements those without such failures have earned. EARNED. Not handed to them like some kind of Faggot's Disability Award for Being Weird and Creepy.

FORD
09-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Your self-hatred is destroying you, GAyR. You need to move on from Jizzy, get out of the Library once in a while, and meet a new man. And your denials are every bit as believable as Larry Craig or Ted Haggard were.

GAR
09-13-2010, 03:58 AM
"Hi, it's oh-twenty one hoursth.. time to hit the sthack, asth your Commanding Offisther I order you to sthtrip for sthumb shut-eye.."

Yeah, they're the same as your every day joe NOT.

http://www.timeoutsydney.com.au/film/large-Kingsize.jpg

Like I say, such scenarios as the above situation will have more friendly fire reports unnecessarily crop up once they let Queers make officer ranks. And there's nothing anyone can do about it. It will be the end of a cohesive military.

GAR
09-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Your self-hatred is destroying you, GAyR. You need to move on from Jizzy, get out of the Library once in a while, and meet a new man. And your denials are every bit as believable as Larry Craig or Ted Haggard were.

Why do you dwell on gay topics so much FORD?

FORD
09-13-2010, 04:07 AM
I don't. I post political news stories in a political forum. On the other hand YOU have an obsession with homosexuality itself. Why is that?

GAR
09-13-2010, 04:28 AM
When have I ever accused you of faggotry with another member because I dislike what you said.. that's your tollbridge innit?

Igosplut
09-13-2010, 05:10 AM
Maybe it's institutionally-poisoned ideology by a minority contigent class of mental and moral failures seeking a form of equality they don't deserve like those who do not have failures of mental and moral turpitude.

Yes, lets talk about "Moral failures".. Like the post you made in the AlinChainz thread that was deleted??

What about THAT??

hideyoursheep
09-13-2010, 06:13 AM
Gays should be allowed... and more than likely already serve... in the military.

But not in line units. It will not work.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
It will be the end of a cohesive military.

Until you raise your right hand and sign your name on the dotted line, you need to shut the fuck up about a "cohesive military".... You're embarrassing yourself, yet again....

ELVIS
09-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Is Judge Virginia Phillips gay ??

Is she a lesbo ??

I'm assuming the judge is a woman...

jhale667
09-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Until you raise your right hand and sign your name on the dotted line, you need to shut the fuck up about a "cohesive military".... You're embarrassing yourself, yet again....

When isn't he? Aside from y'know, when he's logged off, I mean? :lmao:

Nitro Express
09-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Whatever.

For me I don't care what you to in the bedroom as long as it's consensual, and not innocent children or animals are being abused. I see it as a good manners thing and society would be better off if everyone had the manners to keep sexual content where it's appropriate. I see people blast the F word in public, I see kids using it because they see it thrown around at will. That's not cool in my book or all the stupid sex shit all over the place. When you are trying to raise normal kids, that kind of shit doesn't fly. So I call it bad manners and there is a proper place for sex and then there isn't. Keep it in the bedroom and that's for everyone. As far as the gays wanting to have a same sex legal partner, that's fine with me. If you want your partner to take 50% of your gross assets after the divorce and you want that, then you should have it.

Nitro Express
09-13-2010, 11:50 AM
If we killed the gays off we wouldn't have decent fashion designers, waiters, or hair stylists. A quarter of the Republican party would be killed off along with many ministers.

kwame k
09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
:lmao:

hambon4lif
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
"Hi, it's oh-twenty one hoursth.. time to hit the sthack, asth your Commanding Offisther I order you to sthtrip for sthumb shut-eye.."Lady Gar Gar even types with a lisp.....

....who would've guessed?

sadaist
09-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Lady Gar Gar

HAHAHAHA!

Did you coin that or has it been around the forums? I have not seen that yet.

Sorry Gar, but that's funny to me :hee:

jhale667
09-13-2010, 08:08 PM
:lmao:

FORD
09-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Judge orders lesbian reinstated to Air Force
By GENE JOHNSON Associated Press Writer
Posted: 09/24/2010 12:30:34 AM PDT

TACOMA, Wash.—A federal judge ruled Friday that a decorated flight nurse discharged from the Air Force for being gay should be given her job back as soon as possible in the latest legal setback to the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Ronald Leighton came in a closely watched case as a tense debate has been playing out over the policy. Senate Republicans blocked an effort to lift the ban this week, but Leighton is now the second federal judge this month to deem the policy unconstitutional.

Maj. Margaret Witt was suspended in 2004 and subsequently discharged under the "don't ask, don't tell" policy after the Air Force learned she had been in a long-term relationship with a civilian woman. She sued to get her job back.

Leighton hailed her as a "central figure in a long-term, highly charged civil rights movement." Tears streaked down Witt's cheeks and she hugged her parents, her partner and supporters following the ruling.

"Today you have won a victory in that struggle, the depth and duration of which will be determined by other judicial officers and hopefully soon the political branches of government," the judge told her, choking up as he recalled Witt's dramatic testimony about her struggles.

The ruling was the second legal victory this month for opponents of "don't ask, don't tell," and it throws the law into further disarray.

Barring an appeal, Witt will now be able to serve despite being openly gay, and a federal judge in California earlier this month ruled the law unconstitutional and is considering whether to immediately halt the ban. While such an injunction would prevent openly gay service members from being discharged going forward, it wouldn't do anything for those who have already been dismissed.

Witt's attorneys, led by the American Civil Liberties Union of Washington, say her case now provides a template for gays who have been previously discharged to seek reinstatement.

Gay rights advocates say that if the government must justify each firing under "don't ask," it will mean a slow death for the policy—even if an outright repeal isn't endorsed by Congress or the courts.

The 1993 law prohibits the military from asking about the sexual orientation of service members, but allows the discharge of those who acknowledge being gay or are discovered engaging in homosexual activity.

The Justice Department did not immediately comment on the ruling, but James Lobsenz, Witt's attorney, said he expected an appeal.

In 2006, Leighton rejected Witt's claims that the Air Force violated her rights, following precedent that the military's policy on gays is constitutional. An appeals court panel overruled him two years later, holding that in light of a Supreme Court ruling striking down a Texas ban on sodomy, "don't ask, don't tell" intrudes on the rights of gay service members. For the government to discharge gays it must prove that their firings further military goals, the panel said.

Leighton determined after a six-day trial that Witt's discharge advanced no legitimate military interest. To the contrary, her dismissal hurt morale in her unit and weakened the squadron's ability to carry out its mission, he ruled.

"There is no evidence that wounded troops care about the sexual orientation of the flight nurse or medical technician tending to their wounds," Leighton ruled.

Leighton became emotional as he recalled Witt's testimony about the support she has received from her parents since she came out to them on the eve of filing her lawsuit.

"The best thing to come out of all this tumult is still that love and support," he said.

A crowd of spectators remained quiet until the judge left the courtroom, when it erupted in cheers.

"I'm just so thrilled I have the chance to do what I wanted to do all along: that's return to my unit," Witt said.

She also said that she appreciated the judge's recognition of the many gays who continue to quietly serve in the military.

———

vh rides again
09-25-2010, 07:37 AM
They should take them queers out and fuck the shit outa them, teach em a lesson they'll never forget.

Give em all the cock they want, till they dont want no more.

You disagree? look what it did to your wife.

FORD
09-25-2010, 11:52 AM
They should take them queers out and fuck the shit outa them, teach em a lesson they'll never forget.

You sure spend a lot of time thinking about "giving cock" to queers and "fucking the shit" out of them. I think we found GAyR's new partner. :anal:

Anonymous
09-25-2010, 12:23 PM

So, basically, what you're saying is "C'mere boy. You sure got a purdy mouth. Ye're gay, ain't ya? I'll fuck your ass an' teach you a lesson about bein' a real man. Squeal like a pig, boy."

Oh, the ironae... Zo, how many times a day do you fantasize about doing ze screwing mit homosexuals, hmm?

Seems to me there's a lot of unresolved issues there, buddy.

jhale667
09-25-2010, 12:43 PM

OK, so let's see here :rolleyes: ...guy claiming to be straight posts about himself or someone also presumably straight "fucking the shit" out of some dude's ass to "teach them a lesson they'll never forget" y'know by "giving them" "cock" :lmao: ... trips me out when people say this shit, but they don't want you to think about the fact that it also presumes they're (sure, he just "suggested someone should", but ya know he thought about doing it before he made the "suggestion"...) going to be aroused, not in a flaccid state to do said fucking... So guess what you (or whoever acts out your fantasy) are excited about butt-slamming a dude...how are you missing the other "lesson" here, dummy?

As in by going there with the "'Deliverance' fantasy on them would be a good thing" bit, how are you NOT gay, dude??? :turninggay: :lol:

vh rides again
09-25-2010, 12:55 PM
You sure spend a lot of time thinking about "giving cock" to queers and "fucking the shit" out of them. I think we found GAyR's new partner. :anal:

not as much time as you do defending them. im sure if that was the militarys answer to queers in the military you get get right down to the recruiters office asking where to sign. have a nice day ms fonda:fufu:

jhale667
09-25-2010, 01:00 PM
not as much time as you do defending them. im sure if that was the militarys answer to queers in the military you get get right down to the recruiters office asking where to sign. have a nice day ms fonda:fufu:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh56/NevadaWildcard/Your_Gay.jpg

vh rides again
09-25-2010, 01:12 PM
OK, so let's see here :rolleyes: ...guy claiming to be straight posts about himself or someone also presumably straight "fucking the shit" out of some dude's ass to "teach them a lesson they'll never forget" y'know by "giving them" "cock" :lmao: ... trips me out when people say this shit, but they don't want you to think about the fact that it also presumes they're (sure, he just "suggested someone should", but ya know he thought about doing it before he made the "suggestion"...) going to be aroused, not in a flaccid state to do said fucking... So guess what you (or whoever acts out your fantasy) are excited about butt-slamming a dude...how are you missing the other "lesson" here, dummy?

As in by going there with the "'Deliverance' fantasy on them would be a good thing" bit, how are you NOT gay, dude??? :turninggay: :lol: heres another one of the jane fonda wannabees in here defending the queers.

just because you have homosexual tendancys, doesnt mean i do. im sure you think all men think that way or should just because you do, same old shit with you, think the way i do or ill insult ya.

you are the one in here trying to talk everyone into thinking its fine to be queer, is it you who wants to be accepted?

jhale667
09-25-2010, 01:16 PM
you are the one in here trying to talk everyone into thinking its fine to be queer, is it you who wants to be accepted?

You're the one wearing your homo tendencies on your sleeve dude... your "lesson" of the day... :lmao:

vh rides again
09-25-2010, 02:10 PM
You're the one wearing your homo tendencies on your sleeve dude... your "lesson" of the day... :lmao:
what i learned today is this

you have no life. do you work? i have been looking at your post and the time you spend on here tells me you are either collecting social security or live with your parents.

nobody who spends the time on here that you do could possibly have a life.

i wont even go into whether or not you have a significant other, jesus christ if you do i pitty the poor woman. or in your case possibly a man or as you guys call em, life partner.

get a life loser, you spend way too much time in here.

fuck, what do you guys do? this is it for you guys isnt it?

same goes for you Ford, get a fucking life. 32,000 posts, my god you should be ashamed of yourself, a warm bath and a razor blade seems fitting .

if im incorrect please explain to me how you guys manage this.

pathetic fucking losers.:fufu:

Anonymous
09-25-2010, 03:19 PM
just because you have homosexual tendancys, doesnt mean i do.

Butt, butt... you WANT to fuck GUYS IN THE ASS!

You said so yourself, it's your masterplan to "teach them a lesson".

chefcraig
09-25-2010, 04:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55f9j6irUsU

sadaist
09-25-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't care which type of genitals you like to put in your mouth on your own time. If you're shooting some motherfucker through the brain to protect me so I can be safe at home....

I SALUTE YOU!!!!! :war:

vh rides again
09-25-2010, 04:22 PM

LOL this coming from a nitwit that advertises that hes a pussy licker. ill bet your face hasnt touched a pussy since it was being pushed out of your mommas nasty ass.

7000 posts, another loser with no life. this is it for you too isnt it?

vh rides again
09-25-2010, 04:39 PM
jhale and ford havnt posted on here in what an hour? their mommys musta made em take a nap.

Anonymous
09-25-2010, 04:43 PM
LOL this coming from a nitwit that advertises that hes a pussy licker. ill bet your face hasnt touched a pussy since it was being pushed out of your mommas nasty ass.

7000 posts, another loser with no life. this is it for you too isnt it?

And your age is 44?

Well, either you're lying about your age & you're just a child or you're completely retarded.

Your spelling, retorts & opinions can't come from someone older than 12. :)

jhale667
09-25-2010, 05:38 PM

Yeah, calling you, me or FORD "losers" who"have no lives" and/or "live with their mommies" 'til the end of time is NOT gonna change that fact... He ♥'s male ass. :baaa:

Nickdfresh
09-25-2010, 07:03 PM

http://www.premiere.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/galleries/AmericanBeauty1999ChrisCooperColFrankF/44307-1-eng-US/AmericanBeauty1999ChrisCooperColFrankF_imagelarge. jpg

vh rides again
09-25-2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.premiere.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/galleries/AmericanBeauty1999ChrisCooperColFrankF/44307-1-eng-US/AmericanBeauty1999ChrisCooperColFrankF_imagelarge. jpg
And here is loser #1 n/d ickbreath weighing in at 32,674 posts. Im amazed you have nothing to say nick/dickbreath. you must be busy scouring the net for info on your next big post in here, gotta keep up with your mentor, ford.

Ill bet the biggest day in your life was the day you became a mod here wasnt it? all that work and research/time you spend in here payed off. you will go down in history as the highest poster in history of the roth army as long as you knuckle down and work hard. keep up the good work there sport, your a fucking trooper.

what a dissapointment you must be to your family.

FORD
09-25-2010, 11:27 PM
You may only have 704 posts, but all 704 are idiotic, right wing rants of a self hating homosexual who takes time out from beating off to Sammy Hagar posters long enough to post stupid shit on a message board.

There really should be some kind of award for that. Something like the Special Olympics, only for idiots as opposed to the disabled.

vh rides again
09-26-2010, 12:08 AM
You may only have 704 posts, but all 704 are idiotic, right wing rants of a self hating homosexual who takes time out from beating off to Sammy Hagar posters long enough to post stupid shit on a message board.

There really should be some kind of award for that. Something like the Special Olympics, only for idiots as opposed to the disabled.come on ford i expect a more vile approach from you than that, you must be flustered, has reality set in on you today?

Just think of how much time youve wasted in here squabbling with people, trying to change their thinking. It must be thousands upon thousands of hours. All the time you brew over what someone has said that hurt your little feelings, and trying to come up with a comeback to keep the ford name in high regards here in your little pathetic world.

The 2 hours Ive spent in here today is quite enough for me, 2 hours wasted on 3 dolts, well 4 if I include the guy who wants everyone to know he eats pussy. I wonder how long it took him to come up with that name, Im sure hes proud of himself. I like the way he treats the women who post here though, hes quite charming to them, probably the highlight of his life when 1 responds to him.

I hope the 2 hours wasted of my time has helped you guys in some way to see the world you are living in, I doubt it though.

you guys need to seek professional help, and get a life.

Nickdfresh
09-26-2010, 04:01 AM
And here is loser #1 n/d ickbreath weighing in at 32,674 posts. Im amazed you have nothing to say nick/dickbreath. you must be busy scouring the net for info on your next big post in here, gotta keep up with your mentor, ford.

Ill bet the biggest day in your life was the day you became a mod here wasnt it? all that work and research/time you spend in here payed off. you will go down in history as the highest poster in history of the roth army as long as you knuckle down and work hard. keep up the good work there sport, your a fucking trooper.

what a dissapointment you must be to your family.

Yup! Say, how's that big Saturday night going on the internet working out for you, dickbag?

I could only hope to be the number 1 poster here, but Golden Awe and Pojo both have me beat. BTW, you seem to be posting far more than I am recently, loser...

vh rides again
09-26-2010, 09:32 AM
You guys are forgetting to thank each other for a kickass post, gotta keep those numbers up. let me be the first to thank all you guys.

ELVIS
09-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Dickforbreath just got...

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/7/5/3/0/pwned-facekick_medium.jpg

:biggrin:

Anonymous
09-26-2010, 12:46 PM
You guys are forgetting to thank each other for a kickass post, gotta keep those numbers up. let me be the first to thank all you guys.

You seem to have a fixation for wasted time, mommy issues & fantasize about raping gay men.

I wouldn't wanna be you. You sound like a real mess.

jacksmar
09-26-2010, 03:52 PM
This was settled a long time ago.

March 14, 1778:

At a General Court Martial whereof Colo. Tupper was President (10th March 1778), Lieutt. Enslin of Colo. Malcom's Regiment [was] tried for attempting to commit sodomy, with John Monhort a soldier; Secondly, For Perjury in swearing to false accounts, [he was] found guilty of the charges exhibited against him, being breaches of 5th. Article 18th. Section of the Articles of War and [we] do sentence him to be dismiss'd [from] the service with infamy. His Excellency the Commander in Chief approves the sentence and with abhorrence and detestation of such infamous crimes orders Lieutt. Enslin to be drummed out of camp tomorrow morning by all the drummers and fifers in the Army never to return; The drummers and fifers [are] to attend on the Grand Parade at Guard mounting for that Purpose.

George Washington

Nickdfresh
09-26-2010, 04:57 PM
This was settled a long time ago.

March 14, 1778:

At a General Court Martial whereof Colo. Tupper was President (10th March 1778), Lieutt. Enslin of Colo. Malcom's Regiment [was] tried for attempting to commit sodomy, with John Monhort a soldier; Secondly, For Perjury in swearing to false accounts, [he was] found guilty of the charges exhibited against him, being breaches of 5th. Article 18th. Section of the Articles of War and [we] do sentence him to be dismiss'd [from] the service with infamy. His Excellency the Commander in Chief approves the sentence and with abhorrence and detestation of such infamous crimes orders Lieutt. Enslin to be drummed out of camp tomorrow morning by all the drummers and fifers in the Army never to return; The drummers and fifers [are] to attend on the Grand Parade at Guard mounting for that Purpose.

George Washington

Um, the guy that largely trained the Continental Army, and whose legacy is largely the result of the U.S. Army's drill and ceremony regimen was Baron Von Steuben, a guy largely rumored to be gay....

Nickdfresh
09-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Dickforbreath just got...

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/7/5/3/0/pwned-facekick_medium.jpg

You look really gay in your cheerleading uniform and pom poms, Nurse Elvira...

Nitro Express
09-27-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't have a problem with gays in the military as long as the saying,"I'll cover your ass!" or "I got your back!" means he's going to lay down some cover fire instead of something else. Also, gays would work out great on a submarine. They are already experienced in lubing up torpedos with grease.

FORD
10-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Judge orders military to stop discharging gays
Landmark ruling says government's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy must end

RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A federal judge Tuesday ordered the government to immediately stop discharges of gay service members under the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips found the policy unconstitutional in September. On Tuesday, she rejected an Obama administration request to delay an injunction and ordered enforcement of the policy permanently stopped.

The Justice Department has 60 days to appeal. Legal experts say the government is under no legal obligation to do so and they could let Phillips' ruling stand.

The federal government is reviewing the ruling and has no immediate comment, said Tracy Schmaler, spokesman for the Justice Department.

Phillips declared the law unconstitutional on Sept. 10 after a two-week nonjury trial and said she would issue a nationwide injunction. But she asked first for input from Department of Justice attorneys and the Log Cabin Republicans, the gay rights group that filed the lawsuit in 2004 to stop the ban's enforcement.

The Log Cabin Republicans asked her for an immediate injunction so the policy can no longer be used against any U.S. military personnel anywhere in the world.

"The order represents a complete and total victory for the Log Cabin Republicans and reaffirms the constitutional rights of gays and lesbians in the military for fighting and dying for our country," said Dan Woods, an attorney for the Log Cabin group.

Government attorneys objected, saying such an abrupt change might harm military operations in a time of war. They had asked Phillips to limit her ruling to the members of the Log Cabin Republicans, a 19,000-member group that includes current and former military service members.

The Department of Justice attorneys also said Congress should decide the issue — not her court.

Phillips disagreed, saying the law doesn't help military readiness and instead has a "direct and deleterious effect" on the armed services by hurting recruiting during wartime and requiring the discharge of service members with critical skills and training.

She said the law violates the free-speech and due process rights of service members after listening to the testimonies of military officers who have been discharged under the policy.

Legal experts say the Obama administration could choose to not appeal her ruling to end the ban — but Department of Justice attorneys are not likely to stay mum since Obama has made it clear he wants Congress to repeal the policy.

"The president has taken a very consistent position here, and that is: 'Look, I will not use my discretion in any way that will step on Congress' ability to be the sole decider about this policy here,' " said Diane H. Mazur, legal co-director of the Palm Center, a think tank at the University of California at Santa Barbara that supports a repeal.

Gay rights advocates say they worry they lost a crucial opportunity to change the law when Senate Republicans opposed the defense bill earlier this month because of a "don't ask, don't tell" repeal provision.

If Democrats lose seats in the upcoming elections, repealing the ban could prove even more difficult — if not impossible — next year.

Woods said the administration should be seizing the opportunity to let a judge do what politics has been unable to do.

The "don't ask, don't tell" policy prohibits the military from asking about the sexual orientation of service members but bans those who are gay from serving openly. Under the 1993 policy, service men and women who acknowledge being gay or are discovered engaging in homosexual activity, even in the privacy of their own homes off base, are subject to discharge.

BigBadBrian
10-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Judge orders military to stop discharging gays
Landmark ruling says government's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy must end

RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A federal judge Tuesday ordered the government to immediately stop discharges of gay service members under the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips found the policy unconstitutional in September. On Tuesday, she rejected an Obama administration request to delay an injunction and ordered enforcement of the policy permanently stopped.

The US Armed Forces should promptly flip this bitch the finger by ignoring her ruling. I can guarantee you this is probably being done.

If the policy is going to be changed, it should be done by the US Congress, not any one person sitting on a bench.

This Left-Wing Lunatic has no business legislating from the bench and deciding US policy on her own.

Nickdfresh
10-14-2010, 07:53 AM
The US Armed Forces should promptly flip this bitch the finger by ignoring her ruling. I can guarantee you this is probably being done.

If the policy is going to be changed, it should be done by the US Congress, not any one person sitting on a bench.

This Left-Wing Lunatic has no business legislating from the bench and deciding US policy on her own.

Yeah, it's good when the Armed Forces simply ignore the law. Secondly, there's nothing left wing about allowing people to avoid service because they happen to be gay...

Dr. Love
10-14-2010, 10:21 AM

Hey, good idea. Why stop there? We should all ignore judge's rulings we don't agree with! Who is any one person (or any small group of people) to decide what should happen? It's not like Congress would enact anything that should be kept in line by another division of government. We can totally trust them to do the right thing. Hell, why not just abolish the whole judicial branch of government. Those secret-liberal-homos don't do anything worth a damn anyway!

FORD
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, it's good when the Armed Forces simply ignore the law. Secondly, there's nothing left wing about allowing people to avoid service because they happen to be gay...

I guess Brian missed the part where this case was brought before the court by the Log Cabin Republicans. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
10-15-2010, 12:58 AM
There have always been gays in the military. As long as you don't make any passes and do you duty, who cares. I really don't care which way you swing as long as you keep the cover fire going.

Nitro Express
10-15-2010, 01:01 AM
I just see it as less competition for the ladies.

GAR
10-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Um, the guy that largely trained the Continental Army, and whose legacy is largely the result of the U.S. Army's drill and ceremony regimen was Baron Von Steuben, a guy largely rumored to be gay....

Um, taking the prone-position once again for the gay agenda is quite becumming of you, Private Paintface.

GAR
10-15-2010, 04:24 AM
I guess Brian missed the part where this case was brought before the court by the Log Cabin Republicans. :biggrin:

Yeah, now instead of a "no fags policy w/the exception of those who hide it" exemption, it's back to "no fags policy" period.

Stealth attack on fags, by fags. Or are they really gay? Could this be the GOP's way of dealing with the liberals by having an Anti-Liberal liberal unit in league?

Who fucking cares. Fucking stupid faggots!

GAR
10-15-2010, 04:29 AM
I just see it as less competition for the ladies.

I was at a company with this little faggot Human Resources guy in charge of the hiring and firing.

Boy was he a shrewd piece of work, he took his queer agenda to work with him every day and fucked up that company from the inside out.

But BOY it was okay for him to miss days, come in hung over, tweek lines in the john towards the end of the week.. gays are defective.

Nickdfresh
10-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Um, taking the prone-position once again for the gay agenda is quite becumming of you, Private Paintface.

Right! "Cumming" from the guy who admitted at DDLR that he once shoved a kid's toys in his anus because he's fixated on little boys...

Nickdfresh
10-15-2010, 07:33 AM
I was at a company with this little faggot Human Resources guy in charge of the hiring and firing.

Boy was he a shrewd piece of work, he took his queer agenda to work with him every day and fucked up that company from the inside out.

But BOY it was okay for him to miss days, come in hung over, tweek lines in the john towards the end of the week.. gays are defective.

Did he tell you to empty his trash can and tidy up his desk, rent boy? Or did he hire a Mexican who wasn't as lazy and could do it better?

Dude, stop letting the purse fall out of your mouth, closet-queen...

ELVIS
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
U.S. Army's drill and ceremony regimen...

Nitro Express
10-15-2010, 11:17 AM
I have no use for the gays who throw it in your face and want special treatment. I basically don't care what or who you fuck as long as it's consensual. Get fresh with me in the fox hole and I'm taking your head off with an entrenching tool. I don't care what you and Private Pecker Head do on your own, as long as you do your job.

BigBadBrian
10-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Who is any one person (or any small group of people) to decide what should happen?

My point exactly.

What if some bleeding heart liberal sued the US and some activist Federal judge orders all military operations in Afghhanistan to be halted because it's unconstitutional.

Would the military obey that ruling or pause to get a stay of that decision?

Of course not.

BigBadBrian
10-16-2010, 07:19 AM
I remember one SCOTUS decision in the late 2000 timeframe alot of lunatic leftists thought should be ignored.

Right FORD?

FORD
10-16-2010, 10:14 AM
I remember one SCOTUS decision in the late 2000 timeframe alot of lunatic leftists thought should be ignored.

Right FORD?

You mean the ridiculous decision that threw out the right of the American people to elect a President? Absolutely. You can throw Shittyzens United in there too. I stand with Republican appointed Justice John Paul Stevens on both of those sad miscarriages of justice.

But those decisions have destroyed the very foundation of this country. Ending the hypocrisy of segregating the military would do no such thing. Queers do exist in the military. They always have, and always will. Why not just be honest about it and get over the bullshit, like the rest of the civilized world has?

Dr. Love
10-16-2010, 01:08 PM
You don't ignore rulings you don't like ... you appeal them. I think if a judge told the military to gtfo of afghanistan, it would immediately be appealed, the president would immediately get involved, and there would be a stay immediately issued on the ruling.

If it were the SCOTUS telling them to gtfo ... I'd expect them to start gtfoing in a reasonable amount of time, or I'd expect Congress and the President to do something constitutional to keep them there.

But I don't believe in just ignoring the system when you disagree. There are plenty of viable ways to do things if they are really desired or necessary. If they say DADT is illegal and unconstitutional, there's a very straightforward way (that will never happen) to make it constitutional and then we move on with life. If it really matters to them and they really want gays to be banned from the military, they can try show some political courage and try to follow the process.

GAR
10-25-2010, 01:17 AM
If you got an enlisted gay-guy harboring such deep-seated resentment about his own personal moral FAIL going on, what you got on your hands is a fella who's internally divided between his desire to passionately fuck every dude in the shower he sees, and the desire to shut his fucking mouth and keep his job thru to the honorary discharge finish-line.

I TRUST the higher command knows all about troops' psychological problems enough to know that any queer soldier's an unfit fighter best kept in the support services division to prevent friendly fire between those who are seriously seeking out the enemy with more than enough stress onhand to deal with - and those who are innately wired the wrong way.

Nickdfresh
10-25-2010, 09:33 PM
If you got an enlisted gay-guy harboring such deep-seated resentment about his own personal moral FAIL going on, what you got on your hands is a fella who's internally divided between his desire to passionately fuck every dude in the shower he sees, and the desire to shut his fucking mouth and keep his job thru to the honorary discharge finish-line.

I TRUST the higher command knows all about troops' psychological problems enough to know that any queer soldier's an unfit fighter best kept in the support services division to prevent friendly fire between those who are seriously seeking out the enemy with more than enough stress onhand to deal with - and those who are innately wired the wrong way.

Well, you seem to wish death on all soldiers, gay of straight, fatso...

Maybe your "deep seated" resentment is that a lot of gay guys are far bigger-men than you in your leeching, losing-his-job-to-Mexican-undocumented-workers, shithole you call life will ever be...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-25-2010, 10:21 PM
My point exactly.

What if some bleeding heart liberal sued the US and some activist Federal judge orders all military operations in Afghhanistan to be halted because it's unconstitutional.

Would the military obey that ruling or pause to get a stay of that decision?

Of course not.

Now that you mention it, the United States hasn't "declared war" on anyone since June 5, 1942, when it declared war on Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania (declared war on Japan December 8, 1941 and Germany/Italy on December 11th)....

Been a whole lot of war since June 5, 1942 without Congress declaring it......

Va Beach VH Fan
10-25-2010, 10:24 PM

You DO realize that those same soldiers are standing side-by-side with gay soldiers, but they don't know it....

Or are you just too naive....

Nickdfresh
10-26-2010, 03:59 AM
Now that you mention it, the United States hasn't "declared war" on anyone since June 5, 1942, when it declared war on Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania (declared war on Japan December 8, 1941 and Germany/Italy on December 11th)....

Actually, in one of the most idiotic and puzzling decisions Hitler ever made, Germany declared War on us on December 11, 1941 IIRC...

BigBadBrian
10-26-2010, 06:04 AM

Uh...your point is?

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Actually, in one of the most idiotic and puzzling decisions Hitler ever made, Germany declared War on us on December 11, 1941 IIRC...

He and the German navy were increasingly frustrated about the war supplies coming to Britain across the Atlantic especially knowing that having lost the air war with Britain they couldn't invade to stop it. War was probably inevitable with the US in any case, they had already sunk one of your destroyers and maybe he thought by declaring it he could get the Japs to attack the Soviet Union in the back.

That said we all have to be greatful that a slightly less crazy guy hadn't taken over Germany or they might still be running Western Europe.

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Uh...your point is?

I think Va is saying you don't have specific democratic decisions to go to war any more, a small group of people basically the president and his pals decide.

The last 2 wars were started when the president barely if at all had a mandate to be president never mind start illegal wars so is that worse than a decision by a group of people approved by Congress?

At least you know the Supreme Court people are intelligent and are wary of the law...

Va Beach VH Fan
10-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Uh...your point is?

Oh, nothing in particular... ;)

Va Beach VH Fan
10-26-2010, 09:07 AM
I think Va is saying you don't have specific democratic decisions to go to war any more, a small group of people basically the president and his pals decide.

The last 2 wars were started when the president barely if at all had a mandate to be president never mind start illegal wars so is that worse than a decision by a group of people approved by Congress?

At least you know the Supreme Court people are intelligent and are wary of the law...

Not entirely true Sesh....

Military action was authorized by Congress for Gulf War I via House Resolution 77, January 12, 1991.... And House Resolution 114 for Gulf War II on October 16, 2002....

But, as I said, for all of the military conflicts that the U.S. has been in since World War II, none of them have come as a result of Congress actuallly declaring war....

Seshmeister
10-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I forgot there was a vote, there was one here too.

They were based on bullshit half assed manufactured evidence though which maybe a judicial review might have picked up on.

Nickdfresh
10-26-2010, 11:52 AM
He and the German navy were increasingly frustrated about the war supplies coming to Britain across the Atlantic especially knowing that having lost the air war with Britain they couldn't invade to stop it. War was probably inevitable with the US in any case, they had already sunk one of your destroyers and maybe he thought by declaring it he could get the Japs to attack the Soviet Union in the back.

That said we all have to be greatful that a slightly less crazy guy hadn't taken over Germany or they might still be running Western Europe.

All true. The U.S. under FDR had been running and undeclared naval war in the North Atlantic and war would have come sooner or later. But Hitler may have forced a contentious debate in the U.S. over what to do about Nazi Germany while at war with Japan. There were also certain Anglophobic officers such as Adm. King who wanted to fight Japan first and provide minimal resources to the German fronts, even after the declaration...

There's a pretty good book by Adam Tooze called The Wages of Destruction about the German war economy, and how most of Hitler's actions were predicated on competing with an economic juggernaut, and engaging the United States in a long term "struggle."