PDA

View Full Version : Beck & Palin What a disgrace!!

Carloscda
09-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin have shed some light on their "secret" 9/11 event: It's a dinner at the Anchorage, Alaska convention center commemorating 9/11 and celebrating the faith-based values that inspired Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally in August. However, unlike the Washington D.C. event, this weekend's dinner comes with a hefty pricetag, with tickets ranging from $72 to $225. Neither Palin nor Beck have confirmed they will receive payment for their attendance, but critics are already accusing them of trying to profit off a tragedy:

This shameful pair will use the troops as an excuse: "How much money are you making this 9/11?" asks Alex Pareene at Salon. Probably not as much as these two. Then again, don't rule out a late-in-the-day dedication to military charities. It wouldn't the first time Beck and Palin "use The Troops to insulate themselves from criticisms for their utter shamelessness."
"Spend $200 to meet Sarah Palin on 9/11"

There must be a simple explanation for this: This can't be what it seems, says Jeffrey Lord at American Spectator. I don't believe Palin and Beck are dumb enough to open themselves up to "this kind of easily foreseeable left wing criticism." Someone needs to give a rational explanation for this, "pronto." If the money is going to charity — and I hope it is — then whoever failed to let the media know that ought to be "horsewhipped."
"Yikes! Sarah and Glenn charge for Alaska 9/11 event"

Plenty of rightwing leaders are doing the same: Palin and Beck aren't alone, says Lee Fang at Think Progress. "Disgraced lobbyist" Ralph Reed is hosting a "Faith And Freedom" conference on Saturday with an "assortment of conservatives," while Newt Gingrich is using the anniversary to unveil a fear-mongering movie about the rise of Islam, available for "just $19.95." Clearly, for right wing leaders, September 11 is "just another opportunity to enrich themselves."
"Right wing leaders plan to use September 11th anniversary to make money."

hambon4lif
09-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I took a literacy test recently, and when the results came in, they told me that "in a room of 100 people, there would 5 people that I would be smarter than"....

...and I figure that's o.k., ya' know? 'Cause I could find those people and hang out.
I can be their leader!

It'd be great! Everyday would start with "What are we gonna do today, Hammy?...you got the 6!"

Sadly, that's not going to happen today. Why? Because 2 of them are in Anchorage, Alaska charging people $200 a pop to get drunk and listen to their fear/hate rhetoric, and the other 3 obviously have that kind of money to burn!

......I'm really considering re-taking that test!

hambon4lif
09-11-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-tv/roy-sekoff-ed-show-beck-palin-september-11_b_711440.html

chefcraig
09-11-2010, 03:27 PM
This entire deal is equally a tasteless rip-off as those dozens of 9/11 "Commemorative" coins you see every year at this time. If you lost someone that day or even if you didn't, it's highly unlikely you'll forget where you were when it happened, let alone need a cheap piece of metal with the Twin Towers on it to commemorate the occasion. And where does that money go? You can bet your ass it doesn't go to the families of the victims or toward creating a proper memorial.

Nitro Express
09-12-2010, 01:07 AM
All 9/11 did was give the government the excuse to take more freedoms away, start "for profit" wars, and police us more in the name of national security. The only thing I care about that whole shitty day is to pay some respects for the poor people who died and their loved ones. It has turned into a big sickening circus and power grab. I find it all total shit blasting discusting.

vh rides again
09-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Yeah its pretty shitty for anyone to charge money to anything in remembrance of 9-11. If your gonna have a get together it should just be in remembrance, no political speaches, no opinions, nothing but alot of silence. I cant stand sarah palin, that chick is a douchebag / dingbat. whats worse is that ill have to watch her running for some sort of political office in the not so distant future. all the arguing could be over if voters would just get rid of everyone leading this country, problem is theres nobody to pick from. america needs a revolution or a dictator.

knuckleboner
09-12-2010, 10:00 AM
I took a literacy test recently, and when the results came in, they told me that "in a room of 100 people, there would 5 people that I would be smarter than"....

...and I figure that's o.k., ya' know? 'Cause I could find those people and hang out.
I can be their leader!

It'd be great! Everyday would start with "What are we gonna do today, Hammy?...you got the 6!"

Sadly, that's not going to happen today. Why? Because 2 of them are in Anchorage, Alaska charging people $200 a pop to get drunk and listen to their fear/hate rhetoric, and the other 3 obviously have that kind of money to burn!

......I'm really considering re-taking that test!

as good as this is, i'm guessing your number's a little higher than 6...

but hilarious, nonetheless

Dr. Love
09-12-2010, 12:11 PM
for the lulz

http://latewire.com/images/fekken_random/palin%20biden%20retarded%20vagina.jpg

GAR
09-12-2010, 12:26 PM
So if Obama raises money at the $10K per plate at the LA Mayor's house and ties up all the fucking traffic to a standstill for 6 fucking hours, that's okay.

But if Palin does a $200 dollar a plate fundraiser, that's not okay. Fuck off.

Carloscda
09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
So if Obama raises money at the $10K per plate at the LA Mayor's house and ties up all the fucking traffic to a standstill for 6 fucking hours, that's okay.

No comparison! Why because they were using 9/11 to make money for themselves but only after their card
was blown they turn around & say the money is going to charities!

Same thing beck did a few weeks ago, switched everything up saying proceeds are going to the troops!

Stop reading fix news & catch a clue!!

jhale667
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
no comparison! Why because they were using 9/11 to make money for themselves but only after their card
was blown they turn around & say the money is going to charities!

Same thing beck did a few weeks ago, switched everything up saying proceeds are going to the troops!

Stop reading fix news & catch a clue!!

Exactly.

hambon4lif
09-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but this really needs to be broken down to see it for what it really i$.....

Tickets for this event were purchased through TicketMaster (and us rock fans already know what crooks those bastards are) starting at $65, and seats not in the nosebleeds went for $125-$200. They had a "wet" section because they were serving alcohol to those 21 and over....enter Anheiser-Busch and the Miller Brewing Co.......conveniently placed 4 feet away is a place where you can spend whatever you didn't blow on booze to get your programs, T-shrts, bumper stickers, buttons, and all your other Beck merch.....

That's not even the best part!!! For $225, you can be part of a "Meet n' Greet" where you can meet them in person and be blessed with their presence....

Fuck that!! For $225, Sarah Palin should whip around into a 'reverse cowgirl' and ride my rope until my sack is tapped!
And I don't want to hear any bullshit about her so-called "Christian values", because if she's willingly a part of this scam, SHE WILL FUCK FOR MONEY!!
I've never been so optimistic about a Hambone/Palin sextape coming to fruition as I do right now....

So let's break this down, shall we?
Tickets (purchased through TicketMaster)
Beer (courtesy of Anheiser-Busch & Miller Brewing Co.)
Merchandise (courtesy of the very same person who said that the families of the 9/11 victims should "just shut up")
Meet N' Greet/ Backstage Pass

This wasn't a political rally, it was a goddamn rock concert!
And neither one of these two are political figures....they are goddamn ROCK STARS!!

.......of course, this is just my opinion. I could be wrong. (although I really fucking doubt it!)

BITEYOASS
09-12-2010, 07:56 PM
And neither one of these two are political figures....they are goddamn ROCK STARS!!

.......of course, this is just my opinion. I could be wrong. (although I really fucking doubt it!)

Well if that's the case, then this event is an equivalent to a double-billed concert featuring Creed and Nickleback.

I'm puking up chunks just thinking about it. :barf:

hambon4lif
09-12-2010, 08:17 PM
....if anyone saw that as a compliment, they've obviously misread the post.

GAR
09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
.......of course, this is just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Sorry you spent so much of your welfare check without gratification, Cheapskate.

Terry
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but this really needs to be broken down to see it for what it really i$.....

Tickets for this event were purchased through TicketMaster (and us rock fans already know what crooks those bastards are) starting at $65, and seats not in the nosebleeds went for $125-$200. They had a "wet" section because they were serving alcohol to those 21 and over....enter Anheiser-Busch and the Miller Brewing Co.......conveniently placed 4 feet away is a place where you can spend whatever you didn't blow on booze to get your programs, T-shrts, bumper stickers, buttons, and all your other Beck merch.....

That's not even the best part!!! For $225, you can be part of a "Meet n' Greet" where you can meet them in person and be blessed with their presence....

Fuck that!! For $225, Sarah Palin should whip around into a 'reverse cowgirl' and ride my rope until my sack is tapped!
And I don't want to hear any bullshit about her so-called "Christian values", because if she's willingly a part of this scam, SHE WILL FUCK FOR MONEY!!
I've never been so optimistic about a Hambone/Palin sextape coming to fruition as I do right now....

So let's break this down, shall we?
Tickets (purchased through TicketMaster)
Beer (courtesy of Anheiser-Busch & Miller Brewing Co.)
Merchandise (courtesy of the very same person who said that the families of the 9/11 victims should "just shut up")
Meet N' Greet/ Backstage Pass

They pretty much are rock stars to their fans, and the level of devotion their bases have towards them is akin to cult followers.

Even the most strident Obama supporters I've met (and those who voted for him with a fair degree of enthusiasm such as myself minus the hero worship) will concede that the man is far from flawless.

Palin supporters and Beck viewers I've spoken with won't even accept facts and raw data that fly in the face of their notions regarding these two as unable to say anything incorrect.

vh rides again
09-12-2010, 08:33 PM

he is the president of the united states, big differance.

hambon4lif
09-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry you spent so much of your welfare check without gratification, Cheapskate.I haven't the slightest clue why you would want to chime in on this, fuckstain.
But I will tell you this...
To follow these two comes at a premium, and you are hardly in a tax bracket to where they would consider you part of their constituency.

I don't like Obama either. As far as I'm concerned, Wall Street can have their pet back, but I don't have the blind hatred that would drive me to support these two money-grubbing liars either.

Nickdfresh
09-13-2010, 09:06 PM
September 13, 2010 | ISSUE 46•37
NEW YORK—Following an Aug. 28 rally in Washington, D.C. attended by an estimated 87,000 Americans, experts confirmed this week that the U.S. populace appears to have fallen under the spell of yet another pink-faced half-wit.
http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/18076/Nation-Once-R_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg
The latest pink-faced half-wit.

The most recent pink-faced halfwit has reportedly captured the popular imagination through the conventional vehicles of a nationally syndicated talk-radio program and a cable news television show. According to media analyst Rebecca Ellington, the pink-faced half-wit has mesmerized the nation by spewing out hundreds of predictably reactionary and emotion≠ally manipulative on-air diatribes.

"This particular pink-faced half-wit is at the height of his persuasive powers," Ellington said of the bloated, hateful multimillionaire. "By exploiting citizens' greatest anxieties during an uncertain time in our nation's history, the pink-faced half-wit has been able to promote his own vain, avaricious self-interests under the guise of standing up for the very disenfranchised people whom he himself is fleecing."

"I've seen a number of pink-faced half-wits during my career, and in the pantheon of bombastic demagogues, this one will surely be remembered as one of the most disgusting," Ellington continued. "It's truly extraordinary: He may well be too ambitious and narcissistic to be able to comprehend how much damage he is doing to our country."

According to scholars, pink-faced half-wits have had remarkable staying power throughout history despite their outlandish, easily debunked claims, shameless self-promotion, and complete lack of credentials. More often than not, experts said, these pasty, shallow dullards skillfully manage to control debate on the most important social and political topics of the day.

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/18076/Nation-Once-Jump-R_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg
Droves of supporters arrived in Washington to show their support for the pink-faced half-wit.

"Anytime followers heed his advice and do something illegal, [the pink-faced half-wit] can simply claim that his work is intended only for entertainment purposes," said Ellington, proffering a copy of the current pink-faced half-wit's inane ghostwritten thriller The Overton Window, a thinly veiled conduit for an untenable and potentially dangerous fringe ideological message. "This leaves them free to wield their truly baffling influence in incredibly irresponsible ways without fear of accountability."

Dr. David Snider, a media historian and author of the book Frothing, Shouting Dim-Bulbs: An American Tradition, said that the current porcine loudmouth is the latest in a long line of pink-faced half-wits that began in the 1930s with the incendiary radio broadcasts of Father Charles Coughlin, a pink-faced half-wit Roman Catholic priest.

According to Snider, this original pink-faced half-wit exploited the Great Depression to foment his message of virulent anti-Semitism—a tactic of shamelessly preying upon American misery and misfortune that has since been employed by nearly every pink-faced, intellectually corrupt piece of shit asshole to open his fat, disgusting pig mouth since.

"These jowly nitwits are characterized by their false sense of moral superiority, as evidenced by the rash of philandering TV evangelists from the 1980s," said Snider, referring to a subset of pink-faced half-wits who took advantage of people's faith in a higher power to steal millions of dollars from them. "In recent years, there has been a new breed of equally vociferous, foaming morons who espouse opposing viewpoints but use identical tactics: the prime example being that pink-faced Michael Moore half-wit."

Snider said most pink-faced half-wits eventually expose their nauseating, self-aggrandizing nature. He warned, however, that this is not always the case, and was careful to point out that the king of the pink-faced half-wits has, despite his hypocritical condemnations of drug abuse, weathered a very public OxyContin addiction, not to mention multiple statements of outright racism.

"Almost invariably, the pink-faced half-wit becomes so arrogant and self-important that he actually starts to believe the bullshit streaming from his fleshy hole and comes to think of himself as invincible," Snider said. "If history is any indication, this latest ruddy, pabulum-spewing cretin will likely have a homosexual affair come to light or otherwise perjure himself in a way that will alienate all but his most fanatical followers."

"Of course, there will be a new pink-faced halfwit to pick up the baton and employ oversimplified jingoistic polemics to once again enchant terrified people seeking easy answers," Snider added. "And America will be right there ready to eat it up."

The Onion (http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-once-again-comes-under-sway-of-pinkfaced-ha,18076/)

hambon4lif
09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmzIKX4xNyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZmzIKX4xNyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BITEYOASS
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Glenn Beck is the Jim Baker/Jimmy Swaggart of politics. I can't wait to see him whimpering all the way from the courthouse to the paddy wagon.

BITEYOASS
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YTJBDUN8iSE/THlPw4rDwfI/AAAAAAAADYc/RMA8iguiQhM/s1600/Sarah-Palin-Glenn-Beck.jpg

Gee, who does this remind me of?

http://www.briansprediction.com/dd/Tammy%20Faye%20Messner.jpg

Sam42
09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
All 9/11 did was give the government the excuse to take more freedoms away, start "for profit" wars, and police us more in the name of national security. The only thing I care about that whole shitty day is to pay some respects for the poor people who died and their loved ones. It has turned into a big sickening circus and power grab. I find it all total shit blasting discusting.

Don't forget the power hungry so called leaders of the various religions from both the christian and muslim faith that continue to equally share there views with governments for total control of the masses.

Igosplut
09-16-2010, 03:48 PM

The fact that they are both puppets in a bigger game is one thing, but the fact that you support the retarded puppet surprises not at all..

Igosplut
09-16-2010, 03:50 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YTJBDUN8iSE/THlPw4rDwfI/AAAAAAAADYc/RMA8iguiQhM/s1600/Sarah-Palin-Glenn-Beck.jpg

http://www.briansprediction.com/dd/Tammy%20Faye%20Messner.jpg

At least Jim and Tammy made sense to SOMEONE..

Kristy
09-16-2010, 04:02 PM

How poetic.

Seshmeister
09-16-2010, 05:24 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cudK8MwW64I/S0QhskTJ8SI/AAAAAAAAbWI/CxBvBv7GX4A/s1600/51JB4ETKRXL.jpg