PDA

View Full Version : Lemmy: The Movie

Diamondjimi
09-18-2010, 01:28 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cTKw2ssDr7w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cTKw2ssDr7w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Story HERE (http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/09/17/motorhead-lemmy-documentary-drunk/)

chefcraig
09-18-2010, 01:35 PM
That really is a neat article. Essentially, the film makers are a couple of knuckleheads (just like the rest of us) that managed to make a film about Lemmy. Can't wait for the DVD and all of the extras that didn't make it into the film. Outstanding news! :appl:

Anonymous
09-18-2010, 01:51 PM
I have only one thing to say.

FINALLY!!!

Cheers! :bottle:

Diamondjimi
09-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Exactly, FINALLY!

Green Manalishi
09-18-2010, 09:19 PM
I saw Motorhead open up for Ozzy's Blizzard Of Ozz with about a dozen friends/classmates on the very last day of my senior year in May of 1981

Man , Lemmy and Randy Rhoads all in one fine evening . Still one of my favorite concert experiences of all time . Here it is nearly 30 years later

and we still talk about that show to this day .

Matt White
09-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Lemmy.........awesome

can't wait.....

WHITELINE FEVER

binnie
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Outstanding.

Lemmy, like Iggy, is the pinnacle. The guys that don't really make the big $$$, don't play to tens of thousands, but just keep at it; playing clubs, putting out records, just doing it.

No frills; no bullshit; just neat rock'n'roll.

Anonymous
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Well, now that I have a bit more time to expand my thoughts about this, I really gotta ask...

Why is the drummer for Nirvana saying "fuck Keith Richards"?

Fuck Keith Richards? What the hell does Keith Richards has to do with Motörhead and/or Lemmy? Why even bring it up? Does he really have to put down someone so he can make someone else stand out?

When they make a Keith Richards film, will he be saying "fuck Lemmy"?

What a fuckin' arsehole. Why is he even in the video? Since when is he relevant for Classic Rock? Since when is he relevant?

I bet he invited Keith to play in one of his crappy albums & Keith told HIM to fuck off. This Johnny gotta have a helluva agent. A talentless numbfuck who has the luck of playing with the best & greatest thinks he's relevant enough to tell Keith to fuck off?

I bet even Gayr couldn't be THAT stupid. And we all know he'd try.

What a shitstain.

Anonymous
09-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Outstanding.

Lemmy, like Iggy, is the pinnacle. The guys that don't really make the big $$$, don't play to tens of thousands, but just keep at it; playing clubs, putting out records, just doing it.

No frills; no bullshit; just neat rock'n'roll.

I'm sorry, but your description of Lemmy's music as "neat" rock n' roll made me laff meself silly. Silly. Get it? 'Coz you said neat & I... yeah, nevermind.

binnie
09-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Well, now that I have a bit more time to expand my thoughts about this, I really gotta ask...

Why is the drummer for Nirvana saying "fuck Keith Richards"?

Fuck Keith Richards? What the hell does Keith Richards has to do with Motörhead and/or Lemmy? Why even bring it up? Does he really have to put down someone so he can make someone else stand out?

When they make a Keith Richards film, will he be saying "fuck Lemmy"?

What a fuckin' arsehole. Why is he even in the video? Since when is he relevant for Classic Rock? Since when is he relevant?

I bet he invited Keith to play in one of his crappy albums & Keith told HIM to fuck off. This Johnny gotta have a helluva agent. A talentless numbfuck who has the luck of playing with the best & greatest thinks he's relevant enough to tell Keith to fuck off?

What a shitstain.

Dave Grohl and Lemmy are pretty close buddies, I believe.

I think the 'Fuck Keith Richards' things was more a case of 'Lemmy is more rock'n'roll than all of them....'

Baby's On Fire
09-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Lemmy is Rock 'N' Roll almost as much as DLR is RNR....Perhaps even moreso....Lemmy never once sold out or pretended to be something he never was.......More than I can say for Dave..though the spirit of DLR transcends mere RNR........

GAR
09-21-2010, 01:05 AM

I've been in the room with either of 'em before and had nothing to say to 'em.

Don't admire their music or their persons but definately wouldn't go on cam shit-talking: that's totally a punkrock thing, slaggin on the arena-bands.

In my high school, two classmates of mine went on to be famous in socal punk scene - we'd sit at the back of the class sharing music and art and I'd try to turn them onto VH, and they'd tell me about shows they'd seen and we were cool.

Then one day Fear came out, and soon these guys I was cool with, they started talking shit about "hippie" this, and longhair that influenced by Lee Ving's shit-talking at his shows trying to incite a riot all the time blaming his problems on the rockers. Well, alot of No. 1 hits he turned out, didn't he...

In my view, if you got to elevate your own shitty music by slagging on another artist you dislike, despise or hate on camera then your stuff probably lacks alot of substance. Such was the case with all three case examples: Fear, and the two bands these guys joined after graduation.

Diamondjimi
09-21-2010, 02:02 AM
No one gives a shit, Asspipe>. Stay out of my thread(s)! :Loser:

chefcraig
02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
VH1 to air documentary about Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead

Examiner (http://www.examiner.com/vh1-in-national/vh1-to-air-documentary-about-lemmy-kilmister-of-motorhead-video)

Hard hitting heavy metal legend Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead fame will be featured as part of VH1’s Rock Docs series this month.

Kilmister is infamous for his on and off stage antics, including claiming to have bed over a thousand women.

According to Yahoo.com, the documentary will include interviews with Kilmister’s fans, fellow musicians, and stories from Kilmister himself regarding drugs, alcohol and his illustrious career.

At 65, the rocker does not seem to be slowing down one bit and is attributed with paving the way for a number of metal bands, inspiring a new generation of metal-heads around the world.

The documentary entitled ‘Lemmy’ is being shown at theaters across the country nationwide and the uncensored, uncut director’s version will be available on DVD and Blu-ray on February 15.

VH1 is premiering ‘Lemmy’ on Friday, February 11 at 11:30 p.m. It will also air at the same time on VH1 Classic.

Diamondjimi
02-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Watched the movie a couple of weeks ago (torrent). Not bad, not great.
I'll buy the dvd. Lemmy's said that the extra's are very cool and a bit more revealing...

kwame k
02-03-2011, 06:37 PM
What's the difference between Lemmy and God...........

kwame k
02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Trick question....Lemmy is God!

ace diamond
02-03-2011, 07:03 PM
who's side do you take in the van halen/david lee roth split?

van halen, they had.............

HE'S A COP!

binnie
02-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Anyone seen this?

It's good (and some of extras are superb). It's not going to tell you much that you didn't already know mind.....

Diamondjimi
02-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Watched the movie a couple of weeks ago (torrent). Not bad, not great.
I'll buy the dvd. Lemmy's said that the extra's are very cool and a bit more revealing...

Anyone seen this?

It's good (and some of extras are superb). It's not going to tell you much that you didn't already know mind.....

.... ;)

binnie
02-04-2011, 04:46 AM
The extras are more revealing.

Lemmy keeps his cards close to his chest, so the documentary doesn't really delve too deeply into the man. The problem with it - as a film - is that there's no story. Is it about the making on an album? A tour? A history of Lemmy's life? No - it's just a sequence of anecdotes.

Enjoyable, certainly, but with the subject matter it should have been one of the great rock'n'roll films.

Seshmeister
02-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Is it a warts and all documentary?

chefcraig
02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Is it a warts and all documentary?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ddr_hero/rimshot.jpg

Sesh will be here all week folks. Try the veal. :)

Seshmeister
02-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I bet that line turns up in every second review... :)

SparkieD
02-07-2011, 08:01 PM
"There's a moment when we film Lem rehearsing for a guest appearance with Metallica, and Greg and I are in a room with about four other people -- including Matt Sorum, who was temporarily filling in for Mikkey Dee in Motörhead at the time..."

Did I just read that correctly? That piece of shit filling in for one of the best motherfucking drummers in music? Fucking blasphemy!

chefcraig
02-07-2011, 10:13 PM
"There's a moment when we film Lem rehearsing for a guest appearance with Metallica, and Greg and I are in a room with about four other people -- including Matt Sorum, who was temporarily filling in for Mikkey Dee in Motörhead at the time..."

Did I just read that correctly? That piece of shit filling in for one of the best motherfucking drummers in music? Fucking blasphemy!

Sparks, you don't know the half of it. When Sorum filled in for that handful of shows, fans were livid. Clips of the performances showed up on Youtube (many mysteriously removed soon after being posted) that revealed just how poorly the guy fared. Wheezy and out of breath, at times Sorum barely mustered his way through the demands of the songs. Tempos were ragged and uneven at best, and it was generally agreed that although Sorum gave it his all, he was severely over-matched by material far beyond his capabilities.

Diamondjimi
02-08-2011, 12:02 AM
Matt Sorum is a Douche...

binnie
02-08-2011, 07:47 AM
Sparks, you don't know the half of it. When Sorum filled in for that handful of shows, fans were livid. Clips of the performances showed up on Youtube (many mysteriously removed soon after being posted) that revealed just how poorly the guy fared. Wheezy and out of breath, at times Sorum barely mustered his way through the demands of the songs. Tempos were ragged and uneven at best, and it was generally agreed that although Sorum gave it his all, he was severely over-matched by material far beyond his capabilities.

Well, Lemmy disagrees. He's given Sorum plenty of props for his performance.

What we've got to remember here is just how short notice this all was. Dee went off to do a TV show and Lem called up Sorum. They flew him out and had no rehersal time before he went straight into it. Given that limited amount of preparation, it's a miracle there wasn't a complete train crash.

There is no question, however, that Mikkey is the best drummer in the world for Motorhead.

SparkieD
02-08-2011, 07:56 AM
No amount of rehearsal would have prepeared that slob for that gig!

binnie
02-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Why all the hate for Sorum, Sparks?

SparkieD
02-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Why all the hate for Sorum, Sparks?

Oh, that's easy. One, he's a shit drummer. Two.......

Matt Sorum is a Douche...

Bin, I should be asking you why all the love for him?

Mr Walker
02-08-2011, 09:07 AM
I was surprised to read recently that Mikkey was Lemmy's first choice to replace Phil Taylor when he left the band back in the 80s.
The dude is a monster on the drums.

ELVIS
02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
So is Mikkey Dee...

His work with King Diamond is GRATE!!!

Mr Walker
02-08-2011, 09:54 AM
So is Mikkey Dee...

His work with King Diamond is GRATE!!!

I was referring to Mikkey Dee... LOL!

ELVIS
02-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Ohhh...:biggrin:

binnie
02-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh, that's easy. One, he's a shit drummer. Two.......

Bin, I should be asking you why all the love for him?

Not so much 'love' as respect. When you're the hired drummer of choice for The Cult and Guns 'n' Roses, you must have something going for ya. It's not like I'm saying he's the second coming of John Bonham or something. Plus, these things are all relative - ask Mikkey Dee to fill Dave Lombardo's shows in Slayer and I'm sure he'd looked stumped for a little while too.

As for Sorum being a douche, I've actually met him twice outside Velevt Revolver gigs and he is a really nice, down to earth guy who couldn't do enough to sign autographs and shoot the breeze.

Kristy
02-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Can't believe I'm seeing this thread for the first time. Must be all my "anger issues" getting in the way. I actually met Lemmy when Motorhead played a small venue (Gothic Theater) back in 2007 (or 6???) through mutual friend who worked at a music instrument that I also worked at the time. I must admit, I had little idea who he was or what the hell Motorhead was all about apart from 'Ace Of Spades.' Looks can be quite deceiving, unfounded judgments can be worse, Lemmy appeared to me as a walking menace with the sort of white trash biker stereotype cliche and attitude. In fact, Lemmy was none of those things. He was quite approachable, friendly, and I will say, a gentleman's gentleman. Our conversation was short and sweet and little I can remember was him telling me to ride it out in college when at times I felt like dropping out. He told me to appreciate my opportunity of having a higher education and to make the best of my life; from that moment on I bought ever Motorhead record since and have seen play live every town Lemmy rides into town. I can't tell any of you how many times I listened to No Sleep Til Hammersmith or Inferno when studying for finals. I guess I owe him a gratitude of dept. For those who say Lemmy is one of the Devil's own have no idea what they talking about. Lemmy is just like us.

And you have to admire a man who says this about his life:

"Staying alive - I'm quite proud of that, too. [my] legs aren't as good as they used to be, but the heart murmur is cured and I feel okay despite the diabetes. I don't bother to reflect on mortality - nobody gets out of here alive, so why think about it? I just hope that when I go, it's quick. I'd like a Number One record in America but I also know that's not going to happen but a man can dream. Shows in China, India, and Africa would be good as well. I like going somewhere in my life where I still have something to prove."

From a Mojo Magazine interview February 2011 (p. 65)

binnie
02-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Thanks Kristy - cool story.

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Bumping this in order to remind folks that the documentary will air this evening (Friday, February 11) on VH1 and VH1 Classic at 11:30 p.m. (EST).

kwame k
02-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks buddy:beers8:

chefcraig
02-12-2011, 02:03 PM
VH1 is rerunning the Lemmy documentary at 9PM this evening, followed by That Metal Show (featuring Lemmy), then a live performance at 11:30 by Motorhead.