PDA

View Full Version : For all of you who bitched me out for saying the BCE would cash in on Reagan's death

FORD
06-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Junior milks it (http://www.georgewbush.com/)

What a shameless fucking slimeball. If the RNC wanted to post a tribute to Reagan on their official site, that's understandable.

But this is a campaign site, and it's totally fucking beyond tasteless.

Viking
06-07-2004, 07:33 PM
So what? If Klinton took the pipe, the DNC's web site would predict he'd rise from the dead in three days hence. (What a disgusting thought, at that.) It'll happen one way or the other, from both sides.

Grow the fuck up, will you? Jeez.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
06-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Clinton's favorite song: Lick my lovepipe by spinal tap. actually, thats my fave song right about now.

BigBadBrian
06-08-2004, 12:16 PM
It's too bad Kerry can't cash in on Gore or Clinton's death. :gulp:

FORD
06-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
It's too bad Kerry can't cash in on Gore or Clinton's death. :gulp:

I just forwarded this to the Secret Service. Agent Mike should be contacting you shortly.

BigBadBrian
06-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I just forwarded this to the Secret Service. Agent Mike should be contacting you shortly.

I wonder what criminal statute wishful thinking is? :confused: :confused: :p :p

FORD
06-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I wonder what criminal statute wishful thinking is? :confused: :confused: :p :p

If they can arrest a guy for making a passing reference to a "burning Bush", then wishing Presidents Clinton & Gore dead would probably qualify.

Morrissey would probably be in deep shit right now if he would have made his comments in the US.

Remember, freedom of speech isn't recognized by the Bush Criminal Empire.

High Life Man
06-08-2004, 03:52 PM
I don't see a problem with the website. The man was a friend of the family. Big deal.

When Jimmy Carter dies, if there is a dem in the WH, they can put his dumbass on their splash page.

And it's "Lick My Lovepump."

FORD
06-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by High Life Man
I don't see a problem with the website. The man was a friend of the family. Big deal.

Tell Nancy that. She can't stand the BCE. Besides, considering "Bush Family Friends" include names like Hitler, Hinckley, Bin Laden, Hussein, and Noriega, you just insulted Reagan far more then I ever did. ;)

When Jimmy Carter dies, if there is a dem in the WH, they can put his dumbass on their splash page.

Again, this is is a campaign site. If the BCE had put a tribute to Reagan on the White House page, as a tribute to a former President, even that would be acceptable. But this is deliberately milking a man's death for political gain. And that is tasteless.

ThrillsNSpills
06-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Ron Reagan to Pen Anti-Bush Editorial

Ron Reagan, son of the former president of the United States, is set to write an editorial piece for Esquire magazine urging the end of the Bush administration.

Reagan co-hosted a panel discussion yesterday for The Creative Coalition, the non-partisan lobbying group, at the Sundance Film Festival along with "Lord of the Rings" star Sean Astin, the inimitable "Joey Pants," Joe Pantoliano, and actor Kevin Pollak.

Coincidentally, both Reagan's dad, Ronald, and Astin's mother, Patty Duke, were at one time presidents of the Screen Actors Guild. Of course, Reagan's dad was also president of this country, but in Hollywood that doesn't count as much.

Reagan has always been a vocal opponent of his father's political party, but never as much as he is now. He told me he will write an article of undetermined length for Esquire explaining why George W. Bush should not be re-elected.

One reason, I inferred, was that Bush has blocked stem-cell research for diseases such as Alzheimer's. Reagan is extremely clear about his feelings on this subject, since his father, who will turn 93 next month, has been felled by this insidious illness.

"It's unbelievable that Bush doesn't approve stem-cell research," Reagan said.

I also asked Reagan what he thought of the controversial TV movie, made by CBS but aired on Showtime recently, about his family.

"I saw it on tape," he said. "Someone sent it to me. I think my mother saw some clips from it. It looked to me like a 'Saturday Night Live' sketch. I mean, it was just so bad. And who cared? James Brolin did a terrible imitation of my father. Judy Davis is a good actress, but she's not my mother. The problem is that people made such a big deal out of it, but in the end it was nothing."

Reagan and I reminisced about the days in the early 1980s when he and his wife Doria, to whom he is still married, lived on my block in New York. The Secret Service took up a lot of parking spaces, which caused much grumbling.

"We left after 18 months," he said. "I never really liked living in New York. I'm much happier in the country."

As for the panel discussion, I have to say that Astin is turning into a very articulate and passionate newcomer on the celebrity political scene. Some of this may be attributed to his mother, Patty, who led the Screen Actors Guild through troubled times and won a lot of respect from her peers. We can expect him to make even more of an impression as the election year drags on.

FORD
06-09-2004, 01:24 PM
God bless Ronald Reagan!

Junior, that is..... ;)

ThrillsNSpills
06-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Ron Reagan Jr., on MSNBC Tuesday night, sure dispelled the notion of anyone who assumed that he is any kind of conservative of friend of a Republican President. Just past 11pm EST, Reagan, whose father suffers from Alzheimer’s disease, suggested that President George W. Bush has “dementia.” Reagan, whom MSNBC brought aboard to stand in front of a national map in order to discuss upcoming primaries, commented about how David Kay concluded that “Iraq never had weapons of mass destruction.” Reagan then sarcastically asked: “What does George W. Bush say? ‘Well, I still think they had them.’ That’s not just spin. That’s dementia, you know.”

Reagan, a veteran of Fox News in its pre-FNC days, stood in front of the map, with a fire going in a fire place behind him, and commented a couple of times an hour about where the Democratic candidates may next battle it out. Just past 11pm EST, he opined on another topic: “You were talking about who’s the best person to beat Bush. And one thing that you might want to consider is that politics is a contact sport. And if you ask any NFL player, they’ll tell you it takes weeks to get used to the contact. So all these guys are out there, and they’re getting tough. They’re taking shots, and they’re getting back up again. George W. Bush, on the other hand, is sitting in the Oval Office and he’s getting soft. Now, what happens when you go in the Oval Office is you start living in a bubble, you know, you don’t read the paper anymore, you just listen to who you want to listen to. And we’re seeing that now. David Kay, for instance, comes out with a report and says Iraq never had weapons of mass destruction. What does George W. Bush say? ‘Well, I still think they had them.’ That’s not just spin. That’s dementia, you know. So I don’t get this. I’m a little angry about this. Forgive me. It looks like my pants are on fire, by the way, I’m so angry here, but it’s not true. It’s just an optical illusion for those of you who might be concerned or perhaps hopeful.”

and another:

Reagan blasts Bush
"My father crapped bigger ones than George Bush," says the former president's son, in a flame-throwing conversation about the war and the Bush administration's efforts to lay claim to the Reagan legacy.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By David Talbot

April 14, 2003 | The Bush inner circle would like to think of George W.'s presidency as more of an extension of Ronald Reagan's than of his one-term father's. Reagan himself, who has long suffered from Alzheimer's disease, is unable to comment on those who lay claim to his political legacy. But his son, Ron Jr., is -- and he's not pleased with the association.

"The Bush people have no right to speak for my father, particularly because of the position he's in now," he said during a recent interview with Salon. "Yes, some of the current policies are an extension of the '80s. But the overall thrust of this administration is not my father's -- these people are overly reaching, overly aggressive, overly secretive, and just plain corrupt. I don't trust these people."
- - - - - - - - - - - -