PDA

View Full Version : Do Those Dumbass Foreigners...

Von Halen
09-20-2010, 09:58 PM
....ride their bikes on the wrong side of the bike path too?

Dr. Love
09-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Yeah they do

Dan
09-21-2010, 12:26 AM
How Rude.:D

Seshmeister
09-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Most people are right handed therefore you want the driver to have his right hand at the side of the window for shit like the drive through, parking ticket machines and so on.

That means the driver should sit on the right of the vehicle which means you should drive on the left hand side of the road for passing(overtaking).

The only advantage of being on the other(wrong) side is that poorly co-ordinated people might find it easier to work a stick shift with their right hand but since no one has them in the US then that's not a good reason.

Just like with the whole m/d/y fuck up the US has chosen poorly.

BTW it's about even across the world.

For example you have the UK, Japan, India on the left and the rest of the Europe and the US on the right.

ZahZoo
09-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Bike pathes are for wussies...

Mushroom
09-21-2010, 03:45 PM
....ride their bikes on the wrong side of the bike path too?

bizarre question. Fuck yeah they do!

We (Americans) drive on the "Right" side of the road, although American motorists and bicyclists still seem to fuck that up.

WACF
09-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I thought the whole driving on the wrong side of the road had more to do with medieval times and the ability to draw and strike with your sword.

GAR
09-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Just like they go "speak properly in the Queen's English" they want all the Queens in the opposite lane so they can smash into oncoming traffic, killing themselves instantly.

The Mum Of All Queens thinks homo's are gay as I do. Fucking hooer.

Seshmeister
09-23-2010, 03:18 PM
I thought the whole driving on the wrong side of the road had more to do with medieval times and the ability to draw and strike with your sword.

I've heard that one too. That wouldn't explain the US and Europe being on the other side though.

It's actually worked against us because it stops a free market between cars in Europe and Britain so we usually have to pay more.

ThrillsNSpills
09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Here we had a dumbass American who rode her bike straight into yellow bars that can be seen for miles and sued the owner of the reservoir where the bike and hiking trails are and won 8 years later a settlement for 2.9 million dollars. It was clearly her fault and came out in the press as such, and still she won. There's now talk that the trail will be closed to mountain bikers and it's a great trail and location and people are more pissed than I can describe in words. she was riding 30 mph not looking where she was going.

hambon4lif
09-23-2010, 03:42 PM
....ride their bikes on the wrong side of the bike path too?Von, if you're so overly concerned with being visible to oncoming traffic, you could always put some reflectors on those orange shorts.:biggrin:

Just an idea!

chefcraig
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
bizarre question. Fuck yeah they do!

We (Americans) drive on the "Right" side of the road, although American motorists and bicyclists still seem to fuck that up.

The exception to this standard is (naturally) in South Florida, where drivers do not drive on the left or right hand side of the road, they choose to take their half of the lane out of the middle, when not creating new drive-thru ramps in buildings that previously had featured no such thing. Seriously, a state law had to be recently enacted requiring motorists to give bicyclists at least a three foot margin while passing, because drivers here are too fucking moronic to come to this common sense conclusion on their own.
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Battle/brick.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Battle-Smileys.html)

Mushroom
09-25-2010, 01:25 AM
The exception to this standard is (naturally) in South Florida, where drivers do not drive on the left or right hand side of the road, they choose to take their half of the lane out of the middle, when not creating new drive-thru ramps in buildings that previously had featured no such thing. Seriously, a state law had to be recently enacted requiring motorists to give bicyclists at least a three foot margin while passing, because drivers here are too fucking moronic to come to this common sense conclusion on their own.
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Battle/brick.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Battle-Smileys.html)

my wife expertly navigates the organized chaos of the streets of Sao Paulo that I wouldn't dare.:hitch:

but she scares the hell out of me here in the US.:headlights:

Oh shit my lady is a foreigner here

ZahZoo
09-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Von, if you're so overly concerned with being visible to oncoming traffic, you could always put some reflectors on those orange shorts.:biggrin:

Just an idea!

LMAO!!!

Thanks... I'm now cleaning coffee off the monitor and desk!!

Von Halen
09-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey Manbone, you don't think them shorts are bright enough on their own? :D

I have no idea why this question popped into my head. I was running on the bike path one evening, and this chic that looked suspiciously like Sesh rode past me. I knew it wasn't Sesh, because she was on the right side of the bike path.

Seshmeister
09-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Did you jerk off there and then or did you wait until you got home?