PDA

View Full Version : Music

rocking ron
09-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi there, it was '78 and heard 'Runnin'with the Devil' on the radio and knew : 'this is my kind of music. Was into Bob Marley etc. at that time. Followed the band from there, what was difficult at that time without internet. My parents warned me to not buy that 'fxxxxxx noise' because in a few years, they said; you don't like it anymore, but : they were wrong, I still love it,especially Diamond Dave. I've seen Van Halen 2 times with Hagar and DLR 5 times. I'm a collector of live dvd's and hope I met some people on this site to complete my (VH/DLR) collection. I've already a lot of boots(not only VH/DLR) but it's never enough.
I'm very happy that Dave's back where he belongs and can't wait for the new VH cd and tour. Rock On

Sarge's Little Helper
09-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi rocking ron Welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! The ROTH ARMY carries the Van Halen Torch, Diamond David Lee Roth Style! This is where Classic Van Halen is celebrated and Diamond Dave reigns as the Supreme Toastmaster of the Immoral Majority. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

Diamondjimi
09-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Welcome!

Cato
09-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi there, it was '78 and heard 'Runnin'with the Devil' on the radio and knew : 'this is my kind of music. Was into Bob Marley etc. at that time. Followed the band from there, what was difficult at that time without internet. My parents warned me to not buy that 'fxxxxxx noise' because in a few years, they said; you don't like it anymore, but : they were wrong, I still love it,especially Diamond Dave. I've seen Van Halen 2 times with Hagar and DLR 5 times. I'm a collector of live dvd's and hope I met some people on this site to complete my (VH/DLR) collection. I've already a lot of boots(not only VH/DLR) but it's never enough.
I'm very happy that Dave's back where he belongs and can't wait for the new VH cd and tour. Rock On
welcome.
I also collect boots. mainly good old American/British rock. Johnny Winter, Mountain, Slade, Queen, Jeff Beck, Ted Nugent, ZZ TOP, VH etc...I grew up with their music.

do you have a list of your boots? I'm always looking for someone to trade....

Cato
09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
btw hey, I fucking hate Eric Clapton. everything he does is totally boring.

VanHalenFan5150
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Welcome! It's always a pleasure to meet new members here. Nice to meet you. By the way, if you haven't already, a trade list is a must. :D

rocking ron
07-27-2011, 05:00 PM
For everybody who wants to see my trade lists ( DVD's & CD's ) : sent an e-mail to : rockwall@casema.nl and I will sent you my lists,

TRADE & ROCK ON :baaa:

SunisinuS
07-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Welcome!

ThrillsNSpills
07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Couple resources for you Ron
vhtrading.com
jamtothis.com

VAiN
07-28-2011, 12:13 AM
A couple of fine VH trading sites those are, and welcome aboard! I'm getting ready for VH bootleg season myself...

Cato
07-28-2011, 01:05 AM
I've traded with Ron twice. great guy.

GennyVH
07-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Welcome!!!

Rock On from Italy!!!

:hitch:

little_dreamer
07-30-2011, 07:14 PM
I fucking hate Jeff Beck. And Slade.

binnie
07-30-2011, 07:58 PM
What do you hate about Jeff Beck?

little_dreamer
07-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi Ho Silver Lining, for a start. And he's a smug son of a bitch as well.

binnie
07-30-2011, 08:30 PM
I'll give you Hi Ho Silver Lining.

If we to rule out rock stars on the basis of being smug, we'd have very small record collections wouldn't we?

Each to their own, I guess: but for me, Beck is one of the few guitar players who continue to innovate and evolve.

Cato
07-30-2011, 09:53 PM
I fucking hate Jeff Beck. And Slade.

I fucking hate fucking stupid fucking teenagers.