PDA

View Full Version : Polygamous Family: TV Show is Worth the Risk

Jagermeister
09-28-2010, 01:26 PM
How far will reality TV sink?

If I was going to have more than one wife I would make sure they weighed less than 160lbs and be younger than 30. Just sayin.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/28/sister-wives-polygamous-reality-show-lehi-tlc-utah-statement-mormon-kody-brown-family/

The polygamous family featured on the TLC reality show "Sister Wives" is speaking out after learning they've become the target of a felony bigamy investigation in Utah ... claiming the show is a "risk worth taking."
TMZ just received a statement from the Brown family -- saying, "We are disappointed in the announcement of an investigation, but when we decided to do this show, we knew there would be risks."

The family continues, "But for the sake of our family, and most importantly, our kids, we felt it was a risk worth taking."

Yesterday, the Lehi Police Department in Utah announced that the family is being investigated for felony bigamy ... and plans to turn over all evidence to the Utah County Attorney's Office for review and possible prosecution.

The show features a 42-year-old man named Kody Brown -- who has 3 wives, a prospective 4th wife and 13 children.

FORD
09-28-2010, 01:44 PM
This calls for a beer.......

http://www.gonomad.com/destinations/0809/utah-images/Polygamy-Porter.jpg :gulp:

chefcraig
09-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I will never get my head around this. Why on Earth do guys that have the option of marrying 3 or more wive always choose women that even singularly a normal person would not wish to sleep with, let alone see naked?

Anonymous
09-28-2010, 08:03 PM
I will never get my head around this. Why on Earth do guys that have the option of marrying 3 or more wive always choose women that even singularly a normal person would not wish to sleep with, let alone see naked?

Math.

If you see a 5, you'll probably pass, unless you're, uh... "feeling good".

However, if you see two 4s willing to go to bed with you at the same time, you will. 'Coz two 4s are an 8.

So, five 2s are a ten. Quantity over quality, especially when you're not sure if you're gonna score the quality AND if the quality won't just lie there waiting for you to finish. And then call you the next day. *shudders*

Cheers! :bottle:

chefcraig
09-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Math.

If you see a 5, you'll probably pass, unless you're, uh... "feeling good".

However, if you see two 4s willing to go to bed with you at the same time, you will. 'Coz two 4s are an 8.

So, five 2s are a ten. Quantity over quality, especially when you're not sure if you're gonna score the quality AND if the quality won't just lie there waiting for you to finish. And then call you the next day. *shudders*

Great. Now I'm just as befuddled as the kid trying to find out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2xMGI-QpZw

Anonymous
09-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Heh... what?

Little Texan
09-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Could someone explain to me why it is a crime to marry more than one woman? It has never made any sense to me why that is considered criminal. When you really think about it, it's just plain stupid that we have laws like that. I'm sure the law has a religious origin based on something in the bible.

FORD
09-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Could someone explain to me why it is a crime to marry more than one woman? It has never made any sense to me why that is considered criminal. When you really think about it, it's just plain stupid that we have laws like that. I'm sure the law has a religious origin based on something in the bible.

No doubt it's based on the whole "God created Adam & Eve" thing. Of course God also created Solomon and all 700 of his wives, so go figure.

Diamondjimi
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Kody Brown?

2 words...

Whore Master!

Blaze
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM

The key plank of the Republican Party's 1856 platform was "to prohibit in the territories those twin relics of barbarism, polygamy and slavery".[55] In 1862, Congress issued the Morrill Anti-Bigamy Act which clarified that the practice of polygamy was illegal in all US territories. The LDS Church believed that their religiously-based practice of plural marriage was protected by the United States Constitution,[56] however, the unanimous 1878 Supreme Court decision Reynolds v. United States declared that polygamy was not protected by the Constitution, based on the longstanding legal principle that "laws are made for the government of actions, and while they cannot interfere with mere religious belief and opinions, they may with practices."[57]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy#Israel

Blaze
10-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Religions attitudes towards polygamy

Buddhism
In Buddhism, marriage is not a sacrament.

Hinduism
Polygamy was practiced in many sections of Hindu society in ancient times.
Marriage laws in India are dependent upon the religion of the subject in question.

Judaism
Multiple marriage was considered a realistic alternative in the case of famine, widowhood, or female infertility[15] like in the practice of levirate marriage, wherein a man was required to marry and support his deceased brother's widow,
he Torah, Judaism's central text, includes a few specific regulations on the practice of polygamy, such as Exodus 21:10, which states that multiple marriages are not to diminish the status of the first wife (specifically, her right to food, clothing and conjugal relations).

Israel
Israel has made polygamy illegal,[22][23] but in practice the law is not enforced, primarily so as not to interfere with Bedouin culture, where polygamy is common. Provisions were instituted to allow for existing polygamous families immigrating from countries where the practice was legal. Furthermore, former chief rabbi Ovadia Yosef[24] and Israeli columnist Greer Fay Cashman[25] have come out in favor of legalizing polygamy and the practice of pilegesh (concubine) by the Israeli government.

Christianity
The New Testament does not specifically address the morality of polygamy.
While some minority groups have argued that polygyny is acceptable to God based on Biblical examples and the absence of an explicit scriptural prohibition, the majority of groups mostly believe that polygyny is acceptable to God only when it is an integral part of local culture

Mormonism
The main body of Mormons left Nauvoo and followed Brigham Young to Utah where the practice of plural marriage continued.[53]

Islam
In Islam, polygyny is allowed, with the specific limitation that they can only have up to four wives at any one time. The Qur'an clearly states that men who choose this route must deal with their wives justly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy#Israel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_Christianity