PDA

View Full Version : Rick Sanchez fired by CNN

Va Beach VH Fan
10-01-2010, 06:16 PM
He called Jon Stewart a bigot, then said CNN was run by Jews....

chefcraig
10-01-2010, 06:54 PM
By firing Sanchez over his remarks, CNN has managed to pull off what used to be unimaginable: The network has now made this loser appear to be if not credible, then somewhat legitimate. This bonehead should have been fired not for his views but for sheer incompetence, years ago. Now the scatterbrain is free to visit every talk show on the planet, not only to promote his moronic book, but to promote himself as some sort of victim.

Nicely played CNN. Instead of inflicting this bozo on a handful of viewers for an hour 5 times a week, now you've unleashed the imbecile upon the entire world, in unlimited appearances.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm just wondering what happens to Brooke Baldwin....

Damn I love redheads...

Satan
10-01-2010, 07:08 PM
It's a pretty dumb thing for him to say, when you're working for CNN at the time. And while Leslie "Wolf" Blitzer is a known AIPAC operative and suspected Mossad plant, it's certainly a stretch to say that "The Jews" run the entire network. As far as I know, AOL/TimeWarner still does.

And accusing Jon Stewart of bigotry makes about as much sense as accusing me of Christianity.

Diamondjimi
10-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Sanchez= whining bitch

chefcraig
10-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Rick Sanchez was a dim bulb news reader for a local South Florida newscast. He had ties to reputed Miami mobster Alberto Sanpedro, which when discovered had him fleeing to Texas and other parts unknown before returning to Miami two years later. Sanchez then became a featured reporter covering the crime beat for our local FOX affiliate. He'd appear on camera wearing a fedora and a trench coat (I'm not making this up). He would feature interviews with local law enforcement officers, giving them face time and generally making a large group of cop friends in the process. This worked out quite well for him, when he drunkenly flattened a pedestrian outside a Dolphin's game. Inexplicably, he was not given a DUI test, was allowed to leave the scene by these same officers to sleep things off and eventually pleaded no contest to DUI. The victim was reduced to living in an assisted living facility where he died a few years later. To top this off, during the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew in 1992, Sanchez announced to the viewing public that the National Guard (then attempting to prevent the runaway looting taking place) were firing blanks, thus putting hundreds of guardsmen as well as everyone else in considerable danger. Despite all of this, he somehow managed to find work with MSNBC and later CNN. And the same thing that got him fired is the very same thing that has kept him moving all along: an astounding lack of judgement and blatant irresponsibility.

Fuck this guy and the horse he rode in on.

Diamondjimi
10-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Rick Sanchez was a dim bulb news reader for a local South Florida newscast. He had ties to reputed Miami mobster Alberto Sanpedro, which when discovered had him fleeing to Texas and other parts unknown before returning to Miami two years later. Sanchez then became a featured reporter covering the crime beat for our local FOX affiliate. He'd appear on camera wearing a fedora and a trench coat (I'm not making this up). He would feature interviews with local law enforcement officers, giving them face time and generally making a large group of cop friends in the process. This worked out quite well for him, when he drunkenly flattened a pedestrian outside a Dolphin's game. Inexplicably, he was not given a DUI test, was allowed to leave the scene by these same officers to sleep things off and eventually pleaded no contest to DUI. The victim was reduced to living in an assisted living facility where he died a few years later. To top this off, during the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew in 1992, Sanchez announced to the viewing public that the National Guard (then attempting to prevent the runaway looting taking place) were firing blanks, thus putting hundreds of guardsmen as well as everyone else in considerable danger. Despite all of this, he somehow managed to find work with MSNBC and later CNN. And the same thing that got him fired is the very same thing that has kept him moving all along: an astounding lack of judgement and blatant irresponsibility.

A dim bulb is right. What a piece of work. This cunt should go into politics.... :shiznit:

Satan
10-01-2010, 08:25 PM

Let's see...... a Miami Cuban who flees to Texas when the heat's on, and manages to dodge law enforcement while getting employment with any corporation he wishes.

If I didn't know better, I might think he was a CIA/BCE plant. :biggrin:

bueno bob
10-01-2010, 09:15 PM
HAHAHAHAHA

Rick Sanchez can, at least, now invest more time learning how to ad lib and insert witty comments.

sadaist
10-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Sanchez= whining bitch

Agree.

Maybe CNN can put something good in his slot to draw back some viewers.

Satan
10-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Agree.

Maybe CNN can put something good in his slot to draw back some viewers.

Has CNN put anything good on their networks since AOL TimeWarner stole the network from Ted Turner?

Hell only knows what kind of shit they'll put on in place of Larry King when he retires.

hambon4lif
10-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Has CNN put anything good on their networks since AOL TimeWarner stole the network from Ted Turner?

Hell only knows what kind of shit they'll put on in place of Larry King when he retires.Hopefully, they'll bring back the Howard Beale show.....every fucking single night until people finally "get it".

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lEzcT5Zku5o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lEzcT5Zku5o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

hauntingly prophetic, ain't it?

Terry
10-01-2010, 10:35 PM
It's a pretty dumb thing for him to say, when you're working for CNN at the time. And while Leslie "Wolf" Blitzer is a known AIPAC operative and suspected Mossad plant, it's certainly a stretch to say that "The Jews" run the entire network. As far as I know, AOL/TimeWarner still does.

And accusing Jon Stewart of bigotry makes about as much sense as accusing me of Christianity.

Really...I mean, the Jews run Hollywood FOR SURE, but CNN?

Satan
10-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Hopefully, they'll bring back the Howard Beale show.....every fucking single night until people finally "get it".

They already tried that. No, not the real Howard Beale, his right wing imitation.....

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/november2007/261107beck.jpg

Of course, he made the hard right shift of the network too obvious, so they had to trade him off to FAUX.

hambon4lif
10-02-2010, 12:13 AM
They already tried that. No, not the real Howard Beale, his right wing imitation.....
Of course, he made the hard right shift of the network too obvious, so they had to trade him off to FAUX.O.K., but here's the real deal, Lucifer.

I'm an educated man capable of critical thinking.......and this is another one of your dirty LIES.

Comparing Glenn Beckkk to Howard Beale is like comparing Curious George to King Kong!

Beale would never take advantage of the un-educated masses to make money! Beckkk completely bastardized Martin Luther Kings name in order to get rich off the backs of people who didn't know any better, and Beckkk would never bite the hand that feeds his fat face. Howard Beales message was true......television is nothing more than a balls-deep mindfuck. Beckkk would never say something even remotely like that. He'd sooner pimp Megyn Kellys whore ass.

If he's sitting next to you on a barstool in hell when I get there, I'm punching him in the throat and throwing his fatass off, because you and I have a day of reckoning coming......

GAR
10-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Somebody said the "Jews run Hollywood" word again.. so I'll stay outta this one.

Little Texan
10-02-2010, 04:42 AM
The thing I hated most about Rick Sanchez was the way he way over-dramatized the presentation of every story. I started calling him "Drama Queen" Sanchez because of that. I'm glad he's gone from CNN...they've just made a big improvement by getting rid of his stupid ass.

Little Texan
10-02-2010, 05:13 AM
I'm guessing this is what Drama Queen was reacting to and got him fired. John Stewart was only showing what a complete and utter moron this guy is...

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'<a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-march-1-2010/the-uninformant'>The Uninformant!<a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:265751' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/videos/tag/Rally%20to%20Restore%20Sanity'>Rally to Restore Sanity</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

chefcraig
10-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Hell only knows what kind of shit they'll put on in place of Larry King when he retires.

It's official: Piers Morgan to replace Larry King on CNN in January

Piers Morgan admits he's opinionated, but says his new CNN show, to launch in January, will be nothing but interviews.

"I'm not interested in doing one of these politically partisan shows," he says. "What I want to do is extricate the truth from public figures and famous people. I see myself as the receptacle of getting the real story."

After months of leaks, speculation and teases, CNN revealed yesterday that Morgan will join the network and host a new show at 9 p.m. That slot has been the home of "Larry King Live" for the past quarter century.

Morgan, the well-liked judge on "America's Got Talent" and the winner of "Celebrity Apprentice," will do his show from New York, Los Angeles and London.

Some shows will be taped and others will be live, he says.

"I'm anticipating a majority will be live," he says, adding: "I quite like pretaped as well as live."

Over the summer, as talk raged that Morgan, 45, would replace him, King, 76, announced he would step down from his nightly program this fall, but remain with CNN to host specials. The last telecast of his current show will be Dec. 16.

Morgan says he had general talks with CNN in April about working together, but didn't negotiate in earnest until he had an agreement with NBC to also work at the cable news network.

"I was quite keen to do something in America," he says.

"The thing I enjoy most is interviewing," he adds, noting that when he was a cub reporter he'd interview everyone who would talk to him.

"There's no bigger stage than this stage," he says.

Outside of his TV work in the U.S., Morgan has spent most of his career as a journalist in England, where he was the editor of the News of the World and later the Daily Mirror.

He's also hosted the successful prime-time series "Life Stories With Piers Morgan" on ITV.

Morgan's hiring is the latest in a series of changes to shore up CNN's ratings-challenged prime-time lineup.

Earlier this year, Campbell Brown said she would leave her 8 p.m. show because ratings were not good enough.

CNN then hired scandal-scarred former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer and newspaper columnist Kathleen Parker to host an 8 p.m. show, "Parker/Spitzer." That show will launch Oct. 4.

Once the most dominant cable news network, CNN has fallen domestically to the Fox News Channel overall, and in the key prime-time hours when Fox and MSNBC shift from straight news to opinion-driven talk shows.

"This is aggressive, tough and surprising," CNN President Jon Klein says of the new lineup. "Each one of our anchors in prime-time is going to be a great complement to Anderson Cooper."

NY DAILY NEWS (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/09/08/2010-09-08_its_official_piers_morgan_to_replace_larry_king _on_cnn_with_new_interview_show_i.html)

sadaist
10-02-2010, 07:47 AM

I actually only really ever watched CNN Headline News. Every 30 minutes was a newscast. Started during the first Gulf War. Was quite amazing since it was the first war ever broadcast live 24 hours a day.

I liked an anchor named Gordon Graham. Not sure what ever became of him though.

Warham
10-02-2010, 03:45 PM
The next drama queen that needs to be fired is Ed Schultz. I can't believe that MSNBC didn't fire him months ago when his ratings were already in the tank. Even the ranters at the Huffington Post can't stand the guy.

Satan
10-02-2010, 03:58 PM
I actually only really ever watched CNN Headline News. Every 30 minutes was a newscast. Started during the first Gulf War. Was quite amazing since it was the first war ever broadcast live 24 hours a day.

I liked an anchor named Gordon Graham. Not sure what ever became of him though.

Headline News used to be just that. News. Unfortunately, the dickhead who changed that, Ken Jautz, the guy who hired Nancy Grace and Glenn BecKKK, just got promoted to CNN's main network, so he can make them even worse than the "Jew" (Jon Klein) who is currently in charge. (See Craig's post about Sharon Osbourne's best buddy Piers Morgan taking over for Larry King.) http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d095.gif

Kristy
10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I find myself wondering if Sanchez really understands what the word "bigot" actually means. Little did I know that all Jews come form "nice, white suburban homes somewhere in New Jersey. Then again, the guy is a "journalist" after all.

I'm also not surprised at Sanchez's inane and ignorant comments. CNN's firing of him was along time coming and the only reason I can think of on why they had him around was that Sanchez served as fodder for the likes of Stewart/Colbert in a warped way of boosting their sagging ratings of his dismal show. CNN must have a contract clause of zero toleration of racist-related comments from any of their anchors - if that's the case, who knew anyone could say anything good about that horrendous cable news network? He won't be missed.

Kristy
10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I find myself wondering if Sanchez really understands what the word "bigot" actually means. Little did I know that all Jews come form "nice, white suburban homes somewhere in New Jersey. Then again, the guy is a "journalist" after all.

I'm also not surprised at Sanchez's inane and ignorant comments. CNN's firing of him was along time coming and the only reason I can think of on why they had him around was that Sanchez served as fodder for the likes of Stewart/Colbert in a warped way of boosting their sagging ratings of his dismal show. CNN must have a contract clause of zero toleration of racist-related comments from any of their anchors - if that's the case, who knew anyone could say anything good about that horrendous cable news network? He won't be missed.

sadaist
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Ken Jautz, the guy who hired Nancy Grace

Oh man. I can't stand that bitch. So fucking self-righteous and never shuts the fuck up. I bet it sucks dick being on her staff. You can just tell she treats people like they are below her and worth crap.

bueno bob
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Proof positive (if you needed any beyond the examples of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin) that ANYBODY can be a political "pundit" these days. Qualification is obviously no longer necessary.

Carloscda
10-02-2010, 08:53 PM
for the past 2wks his show was also on at the 8pm time slot...

bueno bob
10-02-2010, 08:56 PM
I hope Jon Stewart brings him on... :D

Va Beach VH Fan
10-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I hope Jon Stewart brings him on... :D

I'd be shocked if Stewart didn't at least try...

Nitro Express
10-03-2010, 04:59 AM

Damn I love redheads...

I love to fuck redheads.

Nitro Express
10-03-2010, 05:03 AM
A person with the last name of Sanchez can actually be a racist? I thought that label was reserved for whites of northern European decent.

Nitro Express
10-03-2010, 05:06 AM
I only turned to CNN to masturbate to Rudi Baktiar when she was an anchor. The Persian goddess made me go boing.

Nitro Express
10-03-2010, 05:13 AM
I think we should bring dueling back. In the old days if you ran your mouth and someone took offense, they challenged you to a duel to the death. The weapons used were usually a matched set of swords or pistols. If you backed down and your opponent didn't you lost your honor and were labeled as a coward. People watched what they said in those days because running your mouth off carelessly could get you killed or ruin your reputation. Now people run smack and have no consequences.

sadaist
10-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Now people run smack and have no consequences.

Unfortunately there are current consequences. People become more famous when these types of things hit the news cycle. More publicity for Stewart, CNN, & Sanchez. So there is rarely a downside for these people involved. I think a lot of times these things are done purposely solely for the extra publicity.

So I agree with your post except I would preface "consequences" with the word "negative".

BigBadBrian
10-03-2010, 11:10 AM

Who cares? I think she's mediocre at best.

Damn I love redheads...

Me too...good looking redheads.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Who cares? I think she's mediocre at best.

Me too...good looking redheads.

You really don't think I'm talking about her journalistically !!