PDA

View Full Version : Normally I'm really against censorship of music on the web..but..

Unchainme
10-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Ozzy Osbourne expressed his displeasure with an anti-gay church that demonstrates outside of the funerals of fallen U. S. soldiers after they picketed the funeral of a fellow musician, Ronnie James Dio. Osbourne and Dio had both belonged to the group Black Sabbath.

The Westboro Baptist Church earned Osborne’s wrath anew after singing his song "Crazy Train" on the steps before the U.S, Supreme Court. The church has a case before the court, stemming from a street preaching action in which Westboro picketed the funeral of a U.S. servicemember killed in action in Iraq. The father of the fallen soldier, Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder, sued Westboro for "intentional infliction of emotional distress," and won a huge settlement against the church.

But the case has been appealed to the Supreme Court--hence the church’s appearance on the court’s steps, where Westboro congregants substituted their own lyrics, singing, "You’re going straight to hell on your crazy train," reported E! on Oct. 7.

Such musical appropriation is not new to Westboro. The church has created its own versions of other songs and posted videos at YouTube, such as a parody of David Bowie’s "Fame" that the group recast as "Shame."

"I am sickened and disgusted by the use of ’Crazy Train’ to promote messages of hate and evil by a ’church,’ " Osbourne said.

Towleroad reported on Oct. 8 that in June, Osbourne slammed the church for their picketing of Dio’s funeral. "I thought it was in such bad taste that those people had those banners about Ronnie James Dio," the rocker told radio program Rockline, going on to add, "They say that we’re the anti-christ. Well, what makes them any better?"

Constitutional scholars doubt that the court will be able to rule against the church, which has asserted that its actions are protected under the First Amendment. But for sheer bite, Osbourne may have met his match: one prominent member of the church, Shirley Phelps-Roper, daughter of Westboro leader Rev. Fred Phelps, has not waited for a verdict before launching a Westboro-style volley at the justices. "The make-up of this court is unique-six Catholics and three Jews," she said, reported Georgetown blog Vox Populi on Oct. 8. Phelps-Roper added that "priests rape children and the Jews killed Jesus."

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=news&sc3=&id=111358

But jesus is jewish...and you hate jews..thereby you hate Jesus, no? :). also, most of his apostles and early followers were jewish as well and they wrote the book you quote from (selectivly I may add), does this mean that you hate the authors of the bible? Also, you whole "GRRRRR, I hate gays" mantra, is from the old testament, the only part of the bible that those in the jewish faith believe.

Really these people are human scum, "fame" and "crazy train", both songs are immortal in the world of rock and roll, and to twist them into something so evil and bigotted, makes me just beyound angry. that and using some of my mother's favorite hymns (ones that are beautiful in their own right) to preach your stupid outdated message to deaf ears makes me want to vomit.

Unchainme
10-09-2010, 12:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLKt6qLyZ2c

also..bowie deserves better than to be used by those guys. Dude was pretty amazingly versitle. I mean, appearing on SOUL TRAIN?!, when he at the time was a favorite of FM Rock radio, pretty much says a lot.

FORD
10-09-2010, 12:59 AM
The Phelps Phreaks can even ruin a fucking Carpenters song, as they demonstrate in this clip from Michael Moore's "TV Nation" from 10 years ago.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u3F4n_t2Mw

The singing starts at about 9:15 into the clip.

Unchainme
10-09-2010, 01:12 AM
The Phelps Phreaks can even ruin a fucking Carpenters song, as they demonstrate in this clip from Michael Moore's "TV Nation" from 10 years ago.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u3F4n_t2Mw

The singing starts at about 9:15 into the clip.

I'm always willing to give moore all the credit in the world for that segment and what he did right there. I may not agree with his movies or his political views, but he was most definitely on the right on this issue.

hambon4lif
10-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Alright motherfuckers.....here's the deal!

This is a hate story.....a total non-story as far as I'm concerned. It's a complete and total hate thread. If you can't directly do anything about it....then pay it no fucking mind....it ain't worth a fucking shit!!!

I'm telling you this because......if this thread buries my John Lennon 70th Birthday thread, I'm gonna kick Fred Phelps ass, I'm gonna fuck up anybodys ass even remotely related to Westboro Baptist Church.....AND I'm gonna kick YOUR fuckin' ass too for feeding into the hate.....so fuck the hell off!!

This is total BULLSHIT!!!

FUCK Phelps, FUCK Westboro,....and FUCK YOU!!!!

Jew-hating bastard motherfuckers!!!!!!

Quit giving this anti-semitic fuckwad more attention than he deserves.........