PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Caterpillar Controlled by Voodoo Wasps

Seshmeister
10-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Voodoo wasps are called such because of their ability to turn caterpillars into what amounts to a zombie. This charming process begins when the wasp lays its eggs inside of the caterpillar, around eighty at a time. The caterpillar is perfectly fine until the eggs hatch into larvae stage, during which they feed off the caterpillar’s bodily fluids. Once fully grown they eat their way out of the caterpillar and spin cocoons nearby. And so goes the circle of life. Sunrise, sunset.

Except the caterpillar isn’t dead yet. Instead it stands over the cocoons as though being controlled by the growing larvae inside. Should anything have the misfortune of approaching the cocoons, the caterpillar will thrash about until the predator is knocked away or is freaked out enough to leave on its own accord. Once the wasps hatch from the cocoon, the caterpillar finally kicks the bucket. The wasps then show their gratitude for their brave guardian by eating its bod. It’s sort of like nature’s Stockholm Syndrome meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and it looks something like this:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7UkDMrG6tog?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7UkDMrG6tog?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

FORD
10-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Reminds me of uninformed voters who re elect the corporatist politicians who sent all their jobs to the third world. A teabagging zombie caterpillar, attacking anyone who tries to stop the corporatist insects that are killing it.

Julius
10-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Reminds me of uninformed voters who re elect the corporatist politicians who sent all their jobs to the third world. A teabagging zombie caterpillar, attacking anyone who tries to stop the corporatist insects that are killing it.

LOL.

FORD, you must be fun at parties. :biggrin:

Anonymous
10-09-2010, 11:44 PM

Ford, no disrespect intended, but you do know that outside politics, there's still a whole world out there to enjoy?

Granted, sometimes I too feel like the only answer to world's problems is killing all the gypsies & everyone that speaks - however remotely - Politician, but I do try not to let that control the bulk of my thoughts.

Seriously... just go out & take a deep breath.

You're better than that. Smarter than that. Don't turn into a rambling old man that everyone has pegged as a sour, grumbling old loony.

You owe it to yourself.

Cheers! :bottle:

FORD
10-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah, but in this case, the analogy just works.

Anonymous
10-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Where can I get funding to do a film based on this shit?

Ideas are hatching in my brain like infected pimples bursting with pus.

I can make this shit the next "The Serpent & the Rainbow" combined with the monetary success that was "Alien".

Cheers! :bottle:

GAR
10-10-2010, 03:05 AM
This reminds me of the inept Democrat Party passing all kinds of 2000 page blockbusters underwritten by Goldman Sachs nobody knows what's in 'em, and they go "we'll have to pass the bill to find what's in it."

And then after the party's dead, it wildly thrashes about before imploding, making room for the Teaparty to control the other half of congress that the Republicans can never find the bodies to staff in.

FORD
10-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Original as always, GAyR. :rolleyes: