PDA

View Full Version : obama on mythbusters

PETE'S BROTHER
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
thought sure we were gonna see that birth certificate:biggrin:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101018/ap_en_ot/us_obama_science;_ylt=AsQtiqi160i8FcIKeScfa2RxFb8C ;_ylu=X3oDMTJob3ExdXZ0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAxMDE4L3Vz X29iYW1hX3NjaWVuY2UEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl90b3 Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA29iYW1hdG9hcHBlYQ--

Nitro Express
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
My daughter got the president's academic achievement award. I guess not too many kids get them and of course it was a big fancy certificate with Barrack Obama's signature on it with a big fancy gold gilded presidential seal. She was upset it came from Obama because she can't stand the guy. LOL! I tried to tell her it's from the President of the United States and regardless, it's from the fucking president. She was still pissed. LOL!

bueno bob
10-18-2010, 07:11 PM
My daughter got the president's academic achievement award. I guess not too many kids get them and of course it was a big fancy certificate with Barrack Obama's signature on it with a big fancy gold gilded presidential seal. She was upset it came from Obama because she can't stand the guy. LOL! I tried to tell her it's from the President of the United States and regardless, it's from the fucking president. She was still pissed. LOL!

Same thing happened in our house a few years back, my middle kid got the Presential Academic Achievement also. He was equally angry that Bush signed it, and I took the same position you did...I don't know if it should give me concern for the new generation of political critics we're raising that Presidents we don't see eye to eye with are being utterly villified.

PETE'S BROTHER
10-18-2010, 07:19 PM
i s-pose, if you supported bush and he knew that, he obviously woulda been proud of the sig. and i'm sure both you guys pushed pass the sig, and they received proper praise for their accomplishments.

Nitro Express
10-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Well at least Obama will be a more historical president than Bush. He will always be known as America's first black president regardless of how much damage he does to the country. Bush will be largely forgotten thank god.

Nitro Express
10-19-2010, 12:33 AM
To be honest, the only president I liked during my whole lifetime so far was Ford. After Nixon he was like a breath of fresh air and even a grade school kid like me got it. But I've spent my whole life watching the politicians grow the government into a huge monster and run up a ton of debt while outsourcing our industry while lying to us that it was progress. I would like to believe Reagan was a good president but government and huge spending continued under him as well. Nobody stood up and nipped it and now the monster has destroyed everything. People were naive to believe Obama would finally be the change but he wasn't. I don't think anyone qualified is crazy enough to want the job to be honest.

Nitro Express
10-19-2010, 12:36 AM
I was taught to respect the office regardless of who's in it and yeah, I told my daughter she did great and I'm proud of her. The principle said not too many kids get the award so it's something to be proud of.

Nitro Express
10-19-2010, 12:45 AM
During the last election I got a signed 8x10 glossy photo of Sarah Palin and John McCain thanking me for my donation. I never sent them a penny. My dad was a big GOP supporter to the point he had a personalized autograph picture from president Reagan and it was displayed proudly on his wall. He paid for me to go to a fundraising dinner with president H.W. Bush. What's funny is the dinner was raising funds for Senator Larry Craig. You know the guy that got busted in the bathroom trolling for gay sex. Dinner was $2000 a plate and my dad paid for it. So I get all this Republican stuff in the mail around election time still. What's funny is my aunt and uncle are dyed in the wool Democrats. We never talked politics over Thanksgiving. Right now I think everyone is questioning their party loyalty.

FORD
10-19-2010, 12:57 AM

That's kinda how I felt back in 1986 when my great grandmother got a card on her 100th birthday signed by Ronald Reagan. Not that she cared one way or the other, since she was pretty much blind by then and couldn't read it anyway. She would have been more impressed if the card had come from Jesus Christ. Or maybe even Billy Graham.

Nitro Express
10-19-2010, 01:38 AM
That's kinda how I felt back in 1986 when my great grandmother got a card on her 100th birthday signed by Ronald Reagan. Not that she cared one way or the other, since she was pretty much blind by then and couldn't read it anyway. She would have been more impressed if the card had come from Jesus Christ. Or maybe even Billy Graham.

I met president Reagan and for being the president and all the security there was something about him that was unintimidating. He put you at ease. I certainly think he get's praised too much. My main beef with Reagan was his spending and allowing big government to get bigger. But then we had the Soviets to bring down and cost was no object. As far as the economy getting better, the PC Revolution had more to do with it than Reagan's policies. A huge revolutionary American industry sprouted up over night and I don't think the Gipper had much to do with it.