PDA

View Full Version : Done with Army basic!

NATEDOG001976
10-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey everyone!

I finished basic training last week, and I'm now in AIT. I dropped 25 pounds and feel great, photos to follow soon. Just thought I'd say hey.

Peace out!

Dan
10-28-2010, 08:35 PM
And You Respect all Ladies Now.:D

Dan
10-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Good On You Nate.:D

Go Packers Go.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Congrats....

Is your age correct ?? 34 and going to boot camp ?? I don't think that could've been done in my time....

Anonymous
10-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Well done, Nate. Good to see you follow up on your statement. Worthy of respect, indeed.

Keep at it!

Cheers! :bottle:

chefcraig
10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Congrats....

Is your age correct ?? 34 and going to boot camp ?? I don't think that could've been done in my time....

Captain Benjamin L. Willard: "Basic? Now why the fuck would he do that? The next youngest guy in his class was half his age. They must have thought he was some far-out old man humping it over that course. I did it when I was 19 and it damn near wasted me".

VAiN
10-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Nice, congrats man!

Seshmeister
10-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Congrats....

Shows how desperate things are getting.(No offence meant)

Va Beach VH Fan
10-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Captain Benjamin L. Willard: "Basic? Now why the fuck would he do that? The next youngest guy in his class was half his age. They must have thought he was some far-out old man humping it over that course. I did it when I was 19 and it damn near wasted me".

Excellent Apocalypse Now reference....

twonabomber
10-29-2010, 12:19 PM
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv51/fortydoutandfeelingay/bill-murray-stripes.jpg

Seshmeister
10-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Great girl shower scene in that movie.

"I didn't know they could do that?"

twonabomber
10-29-2010, 01:08 PM
"i wish i was a loofah..."

GAR
10-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Man I don't believe this for a second.

Nate must have finished Basic Potty Training, and excelled in Urine Sharpshooting.

What I learned in my training was: how to use a stick to scratch a hole in the ground to take a shit.

Like a bear, not like a snail.. leaving a slime-trail of grease an fluids everywhere I step afterward.

- did they teach that anymore?

Dave's Bitch
10-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Well you just know everything about everything dont ya gar ;)

well done btw nate

Dan
10-29-2010, 04:51 PM
GAR Is Full Of Shit,End Of Story.:D

lesfunk
10-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Congrats. Now terminate with extreme prejudice.

Nitro Express
10-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Good job Natedog! How many one handed push ups can you do?

Seshmeister
10-29-2010, 10:33 PM
"i wish i was a loofah..."

Hah, indeed.

I watched that bit quite a few times back in the days of betamax... :)

NATEDOG001976
10-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Hah, indeed.

I watched that bit quite a few times back in the days of betamax... :)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7168/1020001259.jpg (http://img217.imageshack.us/i/1020001259.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Here ya go.

Army Pride, Army Pride!

Dan
10-30-2010, 05:57 PM
So Did You Enjoy The South,Nate?

Nitro Express
10-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Natedog. I think that tank behind you wants to have sex. It has a HUGE erection!

Nickdfresh
10-30-2010, 07:59 PM

He wasn't talking about Basic Combat Training, he was talking about the Special Forces Qualifications Course--big difference!!
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12/04/article-1233293-077A33F2000005DC-149_468x551.jpg

FTR, I was 19 in basic, but there were several 30+ year olds in my class...

Nickdfresh
10-30-2010, 08:01 PM

Nate must have finished Basic Potty Training, and excelled in Urine Sharpshooting.

What I learned in my training was: how to use a stick to scratch a hole in the ground to take a shit.

Like a bear, not like a snail.. leaving a slime-trail of grease an fluids everywhere I step afterward.

They allow homos to join now GAR, you've no excuses!

chefcraig
10-30-2010, 08:13 PM
He wasn't talking about Basic Combat Training, he was talking about the Special Forces Qualifications Course--big difference!!
FTR, I was 19 in basic, but there were several 30+ year olds in my class...

No kidding. The actual quote as I wrote it doesn't exist. In actuality, it is comprised of two different segments of the film, and I also changed a few things to make it apply to Basic training.

sadaist
10-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I so wish I could have joined the military. Had no interest until my late 20's when I was finally wise enough to realize the life-long benefits, skills, and career options the military could provide.

Nickdfresh
10-30-2010, 09:58 PM
I think you can enlist up to the age of 42, although I think they're getting more stringent again as they need less recruits...

Nickdfresh
10-30-2010, 10:02 PM
No kidding. The actual quote as I wrote it doesn't exist. In actuality, it is comprised of two different segments of the film, and I also changed a few things to make it apply to Basic training.

Yeah well, I know people that would be offended a bit by your agglomeration...

Nitro Express
10-31-2010, 12:55 AM
I so wish I could have joined the military. Had no interest until my late 20's when I was finally wise enough to realize the life-long benefits, skills, and career options the military could provide.

My neighbor is a retired US Army colonel. He has a sweet retirement deal. He get's 90% of what his active pay was before he retired. Sweet for his generation but since the US Government doesn't count pensions as part of it's liabilities to fudge their accounting, guys our age just might get screwed like the French are getting screwed. They will just raise the retirement age to where most people die before they collect.

chefcraig
10-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Yeah well, I know people that would be offended a bit by your agglomeration...

If these folks are offended by made up quotes that never existed, from a movie no less, then there really isn't all that much hope for them, wouldn't you say?

Va Beach VH Fan
10-31-2010, 09:59 AM
My neighbor is a retired US Army colonel. He has a sweet retirement deal. He get's 90% of what his active pay was before he retired.

Without getting into the nuts and bolts, the longer you stay on active duty past 20 years, the higher the percentage of pension you get.... I'm guessing the COL was close to 30 years, right ??

As opposed to me, who got the hell out of dodge with 20 years and 9 days, got 50%.....

Nickdfresh
10-31-2010, 10:47 AM
If these folks are offended by made up quotes that never existed, from a movie no less, then there really isn't all that much hope for them, wouldn't you say?

Make no mistake, there is no hope for them...

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends upon it."

--1LT Ronald Speirs: Band of Brothers

NATEDOG001976
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Congrats....

Thanks.

It was no picnic, and I never quit even though it sucks for the 1st month. It was 95 and hummid for the 1st two months and they smoked the shit out of us..lol. I took crap from the younger kids for beeing older, but after passing all my PT tests they cut the shit out. Plus I'd say "well, this old ass could still knock you out, no problem" lol. Yeah, it was pretty amazing life changing experience, I'd do it all over if I could! It looks like I'll be going over sea's somewhere early next year.

Hooah!!

NATEDOG001976
10-31-2010, 03:03 PM
Ya. Still enjoying the nice 80 degree temps right now!

NATEDOG001976
10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Natedog. I think that tank behind you wants to have sex. It has a HUGE erection!

LOL!!! You should see the girls in my unit! NICE!

GAR
11-06-2010, 01:34 AM
They let you have girls on your unit in the barracks?

Wow, todays' New Army..

Nitro Express
11-06-2010, 02:19 AM
LOL!!! You should see the girls in my unit! NICE!

I was flying on an Air Force KC 135 tanker this summer and the boom operator and one of the pilots were girls. Both were pretty nice looking.

Nitro Express
11-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Without getting into the nuts and bolts, the longer you stay on active duty past 20 years, the higher the percentage of pension you get.... I'm guessing the COL was close to 30 years, right ??

As opposed to me, who got the hell out of dodge with 20 years and 9 days, got 50%.....

Yeah, he was a lifetime military guy.

SunisinuS
11-06-2010, 05:37 AM
I was flying on an Air Force KC 135 tanker this summer and the boom operator and one of the pilots were girls. Both were pretty nice looking.

We don't pay you to look at their tits.. I didn't even ask and you tell. Were the Gay Marines looking at your Balls then?

Nitro Express
11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
We don't pay you to look at their tits.. I didn't even ask and you tell. Were the Gay Marines looking at your Balls then?

There are no Marines in the Air Force.

SunisinuS
11-08-2010, 01:15 AM
There are no Marines in the Air Force.

They would detract from the fuel load.

Nitro Express
11-08-2010, 01:45 AM

Well, you do think about sex in those tanker planes. You watch the big hard boom enter the hole and then the fuel pumps make a pumping sound. When you are laying down in the back of the plane with a cute boom operator watching all of this, yes, you have thoughts. This is the sort of thing that if people were really telepathic, most of us men would be in huge trouble.

ace diamond
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM

gar, nate is legit.
i've been it touch with him by phone throughout the whole thing.
give the man a break.........i believe he has well earned it.

ace diamond
11-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I think you can enlist up to the age of 42, although I think they're getting more stringent again as they need less recruits...

i'm ineligible for enlistment.
i found that out when i was 18 because i tried to join the marines and was told i wasn't allowed because i have no brothers to continue my family name if i got killed.
the recruiting office in fontana, california told me that.
on sierra avenue.
that was in autumn of 1995.
the funny thing is, they were willing to igniore my artificial left knee cap and my very bad eyesight...........even with bcg's!

PETE'S BROTHER
11-10-2010, 07:22 PM
gar, nate is legit.
i've been it touch with him by phone throughout the whole thing.
give the man a break.........i believe he has well earned it.

how many push ups can he do?

Va Beach VH Fan
11-10-2010, 08:57 PM
i'm ineligible for enlistment.
i found that out when i was 18 because i tried to join the marines and was told i wasn't allowed because i have no brothers to continue my family name if i got killed.
the recruiting office in fontana, california told me that.

You, Sir, are completely full of shit.....

I've had many friends do tours as recruiters, Navy and Marine Corps... Don't even try a lame excuse like that and disrespect them while I'm around....

GAR
11-10-2010, 09:46 PM

But did they lower his boom probe and achieve a vapor-locked fuel sensor bond and open the flow reservoir?

uhhhh huhuhhuhuuhuuhh

GAR
11-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow so you really did enlist - at a ripe old age!

Anonymous
11-11-2010, 02:18 PM

I've had many friends do tours as recruiters, Navy and Marine Corps... Don't even try a lame excuse like that and disrespect them while I'm around....

Asshole Liemond, a one eyed albino Apache with the HIV, who lives in a tent by the river & fishes salads for lunch lying & being delusional? Surely you jest.

Cheers! :bottle:

jhale667
11-11-2010, 02:46 PM

Yep, as usual, DisgrACE is a lying sack of shit. I'm an only son, and recruiters were pestering the hell out of me when I was 18 ( the fact that one of my best friend's dad worked in the local Army recruiting office didn't help... lol)... in fact I was told due to the fact I was the only son, I'd be given a "non-combat" role...

NATEDOG001976
11-11-2010, 06:27 PM
how many push ups can he do?

I did 51 push ups in 2 mins on my last PT test earlier this week.

GAR
11-11-2010, 07:03 PM
.. in fact I was told due to the fact I was the only son, I'd be given a "non-combat" role...

Was it an "only son" rating, or something.. less palatable..

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/gay_parade.jpg

ace diamond
11-12-2010, 04:12 PM

actually i am not full of shit.
that is what the recruiter at the time actually told me.
i am not attempting to disrespect anyone.
i am however stating the facts.
i'll even go so far as to tell you i took the asvab test with a huge fucking hangover and still managed to get the terribbly low score of 51.

i could have scored much higher, but under the hangover i had, i'm still surprised i got that high of a score on that damned test.
the test was taken at ontario high school in ontario, california, in 1993...as i was a student at the afore mentioned school at the time.
but, i'm quite sure if you really wanted to you could just go ahead and look this stuff up.

you have fun with that.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-12-2010, 07:49 PM
goddam, just fuckin' shut up. no, that's mean, just stop bein' stupid.

ace diamond
11-12-2010, 10:58 PM
goddam, just fuckin' shut up. no, that's mean, just stop bein' stupid.
what, and stop being me?
why, if i did that, you assholes wouldn't have half as much fun around here if i chose not to exercise my 1st amendment rights.
c'mon......admit it, i do keep things entertaining around here.........it's what i do.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-13-2010, 09:01 AM
fine, thank you so much for your continuing contributions on an otherwise useless and boring message board, ace. :baaa:

Va Beach VH Fan
11-13-2010, 11:21 AM
i'll even go so far as to tell you i took the asvab test with a huge fucking hangover and still managed to get the terribbly low score of 51.

i could have scored much higher, but under the hangover i had, i'm still surprised i got that high of a score on that damned test.
the test was taken at ontario high school in ontario, california, in 1993...as i was a student at the afore mentioned school at the time.
but, i'm quite sure if you really wanted to you could just go ahead and look this stuff up.

you have fun with that.

So the Marine Corps, normally pleading for people to enlist, tell YOU that you can't enlist due to an excuse that they didn't tell anyone else ??

Every male in the Marine Corps has brothers ??

I don't have any brothers, so I shouldn't have been able to join the Navy either by your rationale, right ??

chefcraig
11-13-2010, 11:29 AM

...as i was a student at the afore mentioned school at the time.

you have fun with that.

Enough. I really don't get what this routine is with you or this bizarre obsession with posting personal info. You seem to believe that by doing it yourself, it somehow entitles you to do it with regard to others.

Well, you are dead wrong in that belief. You have been told about the issue in the past, so consider this a final warning.

ThrillsNSpills
11-13-2010, 11:39 AM
what, and stop being me?
why, if i did that, you assholes wouldn't have half as much fun around here if i chose not to exercise my 1st amendment rights.
c'mon......admit it, i do keep things entertaining around here.........it's what i do.

Don't kid yourself, your act only works when Lounge is backing up every line and doing the summations.
But I believe I can help. Post the video of you and your amp which is an old cheerios box with the word cheerios scratched out and Peavey written over it.

GAR
11-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Enough. I really don't get what this routine is with you or this bizarre obsession with posting personal info.

Like you he feels isolated and thinks he found peers somwhere on the innernet, here in this forum.

Unfortunately I cannot be a friend to either one of you because I was abducted last nite by a greased naked marsupial from outer space and had my glands and central nervous system removed.

Therefore, I urge with my thoughts of goodwill telepathically from a glass observation tank 150 miles above the earth to both befriend each other, and get along.

Alas - it is too late for me.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Like you he feels isolated and thinks he found peers somwhere on the innernet, here in this forum.

Unfortunately I cannot be a friend to either one of you because I was abducted last nite by a greased naked marsupial from outer space and had my glands and central nervous system removed.

Therefore, I urge with my thoughts of goodwill telepathically from a glass observation tank 150 miles above the earth to both befriend each other, and get along.

Alas - it is too late for me.

see ya

GAR
11-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Thank you Pete. I miss it back home on Earth.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-13-2010, 01:21 PM
quit postin' pedo-pics in the chat box and you'll be welcome:fufu:

Diamondjimi
11-13-2010, 01:56 PM
quit postin' pedo-pics in the chat box and you'll be welcome:fufu:

GAR hungers for da Coch and Ace hungers for attention...

Dan
11-13-2010, 02:17 PM
They Should Get A Room And Just FUCK.:D

PETE'S BROTHER
11-13-2010, 02:26 PM
i'm sure they have

chefcraig
11-13-2010, 02:28 PM
They Should Get A Room And Just FUCK each other to death.:D

Fixed that for ya, Dan.

Dan
11-13-2010, 02:29 PM
That Will Work.:D

chefcraig
11-13-2010, 02:31 PM
And since the usual trolls have managed to foul up yet another thread, closing.

NATE, by all means keep us up to date with your progress, and continued success to you.