PDA

View Full Version : Whoah...Vikings Release Moss

chefcraig
11-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Holy crap! This was just announced on ESPN, not many details yet.

Randy Moss waived by Vikings

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- The Minnesota Vikings have waived receiver Randy Moss.

Linebacker Ben Leber says coach Brad Childress informed the team that Moss had been let go during a team meeting Monday afternoon.

The NFL Network first reported the Vikings waived Moss, but team officials have not confirmed the news.

Moss had one catch for 8 yards in a loss to the Patriots and said in Sunday night's postgame news conference that he admired the Patriots, but was critical of the Vikings' coaching.

SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/11/01/randy-moss-waived/)

TFM_Dale
11-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow, I'm thinking Childress is trying to prove a point and Lord knows he can't do it with golden boy Favre. Someone will pick him up, maybe the Bungles? lol

chefcraig
11-01-2010, 04:26 PM
At first, I thought this was merely another "grumpy Randy" story, but there apparently are some fairly bizarre circumstances behind it, particularly to do with the way Childress handled things and the team's dissatisfaction with it.

Wow, I'm thinking Childress is trying to prove a point and Lord knows he can't do it with golden boy Favre. Someone will pick him up, maybe the Bungles? lol

According to ESPN's Adam Schefler, we'll know for sure tomorrow afternoon around 4PM, when he goes on the waiver wire. Teams will have to pick up his 3 Million dollar salary, or if he remains unclaimed, the Vikings will have to pay him for doing nothing. Oh, and they won't be getting that draft pick they spent on him back, either.

Bob_R
11-01-2010, 04:33 PM

The Bengals would then have Ochocinco, Owens, and Moss.

Would all 3 be able to fit through a door together with all that ego?

TFM_Dale
11-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Childress has to be getting fired after this season, I can't see them giving him anymore time. Maybe he can get a coordinator job with Fagahan, he is another expert at screwing shit up for their own dumb ass reasons.

TFM_Dale
11-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Not that Moss is a saint, but the Vikes knew that going in. Nice use of a pick idiots!

TFM_Dale
11-01-2010, 04:36 PM
The Bengals would then have Ochocinco, Owens, and Moss.

Would all 3 be able to fit through a door together with all that ego?

Carson Palmer would shoot himself after 1 game with those 3, I don't know how he does it now.

78/84 guy
11-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I was happy Moss came back until they would show him jogging around like he used too in the old days. There was alot of it in Green Bay when the ball wasn't going to come his way. You have to stay alive with a guy like Favre throwing the ball around, he will try and find you. It was worth a shot because they were still in good shape too make a run, but after he watched that ball land a foot away from him last night I just rolled my eye's !! The fucker showed no interest in going after it. Then the press conference was fucking crazy. The D gave that one away !! What a crazy season !! I think of the pass on the goal line at home against Miami that Harvin kicked in the air for a int & the two missed blocks that got Favre killed in our own end zone for a td. And think how close the loses have been. whatever !! McNabb next year ?? I think Shanahan made up his mind for us !! Thanks Mike. I'll take him.

Va Beach VH Fan
11-03-2010, 06:29 PM
He got claimed by the Titans....

PETE'S BROTHER
11-03-2010, 10:48 PM
and merriman to the bills

chefcraig
11-04-2010, 09:06 AM
He got claimed by the Titans....

Holy shit, talk about your fast-acting poison, think about this: The Titans held the 22nd priority on the waiver wire. That means an astonishing 21 teams "just said no" to taking a chance (both financial and other) on Randy Moss. Wow, just wow.

DlocRoth
11-05-2010, 10:53 AM
It's just sad, really.

Im from Minnesota.... So needless to say I LOVE Randy.

But he really is turning into TO pt. 2.

Really sucks for a sure Hall of Famer to be such a douche.

PS he's on my fantasy football team.

RIP Professor Booty.