PDA

View Full Version : Well this sucks, according to some stupid dot test I'm fuckin color blind!

BITEYOASS
11-02-2010, 08:07 PM
This happened yesterday when I was trying to get some medical shit done in order to re-enlist in the military, in the Air National Guard. Well it was a big waste of fuckin time because I failed these two color vision tests, with with a bunch of colored dots where you find a number and the other where you look for tiny red, green or white lights. Anyway, the only option I had for a job was Aviation Structure mechanic. Since I don't know jack shit about making a good weld, drill presses or even spray painting--I just thought fuck this!

Because I was looking for something similar to Aviation Ordnance in the USMC or Electrical Technology--since I majored that in Junior college. But nope, I can't get an air force equivalent job at either of those because of that fuckin color vision test. It's just total fuckin BS because I can see colors just fine, especially when I'm driving.

Nitro Express
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
This happened yesterday when I was trying to get some medical shit done in order to re-enlist in the military, in the Air National Guard. Well it was a big waste of fuckin time because I failed these two color vision tests, with with a bunch of colored dots where you find a number and the other where you look for tiny red, green or white lights. Anyway, the only option I had for a job was Aviation Structure mechanic. Since I don't know jack shit about making a good weld, drill presses or even spray painting--I just thought fuck this!

Because I was looking for something similar to Aviation Ordnance in the USMC or Electrical Technology--since I majored that in Junior college. But nope, I can't get an air force equivalent job at either of those because of that fuckin color vision test. It's just total fuckin BS because I can see colors just fine, especially when I'm driving.

I failed the same test. I was going to go in as a pilot after I graduated from college. I passed the whole physical including the G force and motion sickness tests.

chefcraig
11-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Friend, is there a history of color vision problems in your family? If not (meaning the issue might not be genetic), you might consider going to an eye doctor to find if glasses or contact lenses can improve things. No, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on tv. Still, it's worth a shot.

Nitro Express
11-02-2010, 08:45 PM
The Air Force color blind test is different than the one you get at the drivers license department. I can barely make out the numbers at the DMV but on the Air Force eye exam I couldn't see anything but random dots. You have to have 20/20 vision and no degree of color blindness at least to be a pilot. I have 20/15 vision with is better than 20/20 but failed that damn color blind test but I can see red and green on the stop lights. That damn test is why I became a stock broker instead of a commercial pilot.

Nitro Express
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
The Army will take you as a hellicopter pilot with color blindness. In fact, they love color blind gunners and weapons operators because color blind people can see things hiding in the trees and brush better.

SunisinuS
11-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Sorry Man. I had to take a waiver on one of my re-ups on my med for Piloting....stood on the runway while the tower Meat-Balled colors at me...proving that I could see them. I feel your pain and know that it is one of those BS things in life. Keep your head up.