PDA

View Full Version : Another silly rock n roll move...Vince Neil to appear on "Skating With the Stars"

Mr Walker
11-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Vince Neil to be on Skating with the Stars...

Seeing 'For Those About To Rock' being used in a Target baking commercial left me shocked and confused... but this is really silly.

Why am i surprised... the bottom line is that these people are all fame whores anyway... it seems to be a job requirement.

chefcraig
11-03-2010, 09:15 AM
If there was any justice in the world, Neil would be competing on "Hockey Skating With The Stars"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xbq7a5CRVA&feature=related

sonrisa salvaje
11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
How about Hollwood Roller Derby? Vince could captain one team and Tommy Lee the other, and then they could elbow each other over the railing. :biggrin:
Vince would also be a good fit as one of the Malachi Brothers on Happy Days, thus trying to injure Pinky in the Demolition Derby.

DavidLeeNatra
11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
time to reactivate these guys!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/hottopic_shockhound_production/images/541862/hanson_brothers.jpg

Jagermeister
11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I caught a part of a commercial for this last night and thought it was a joke. Really! I thought it was some kinda joke made at DWTS. LOL that shit is for real? WTF....

Jagermeister
11-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Holy Shit! :lmao:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7wTk0jm_hTc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7wTk0jm_hTc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jagermeister
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Is Vince going for the Karate Kid move in that promo or the I skate like Iron Man move? :umm:

Satan
11-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Skating with the STARS??

Aside from Vince, I have no idea who the HELL any of those people are, and I'm the Devil, for fucks sake. I don't own any of those souls!

Anonymous
11-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Skating with the STARS??

Aside from Vince, I have no idea who the HELL any of those people are, and I'm the Devil, for fucks sake. I don't own any of those souls!

If you - or anyone - knew who they are, they wouldn't be doing this shit...

Cheers! :bottle:

Mr. Vengeance
11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

http://tenderslounge.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/slapshot-ogie-oglethorpe2.jpg

sadaist
11-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I hate all the reality shows. I can't even watch Survivor any more. (Although I loved Survivor for the first several years). Still like Vince though. Would be funny as hell if he won this thing.

Terry
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Remember when rock and roll used to stand for rebellion and attitude?

Bit of a shame to see these aging rock stars being so quick to sell all of that out for a buck.

Corporatization of the form makes we wanna fuckin' puke.

Diamondjimi
11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
What does The Real Housewives of New York City star Bethenny Frankel have in common with rocker Vince Neil and former Olympic ski champ Jonny Moseley? They, along with three other celebrities, make up the cast of ABC's new reality competition, Skating with the Stars.

Announced during Tuesday's DWTS live results show, soap opera star Rebecca Budig, actress Sean Young and Disney Channel's Brandon Michael Smith round out the cast who will lace up their figure skates and compete on the show, which premieres Nov. 22.

"Most things I do are business decisions, but when I heard about this I thought, 'I just want to do this.' It's so awesome," Frankel says.

Even though he's a world-class athlete, Moseley says the first two weeks of training have taken their toll.

"I still work out pretty vigorously, but this is taxing," says Moseley, adding that he can "count the number of times I've skated on two hands."

But the icy adventure is not too far out of Neil's comfort zone.

"I was a figure skater when I was 12," the rocker says. "When they called the people in my office were laughing but I told them, 'I actually used to skate. I haven't skated for a long, long time. I like to do things that sound like fun and this sounds like fun."

Budig, too, has a bit of experience, having taken lessons for several years as a kid. But strapping on the skates as an adult is an entirely different sensation.

"I'm definitely feeling that fear factor," she says. "It's exhilarating but it's also scary. You have a lot more gumption as a kid."

Moseley, who has been rehabbing a broken ankle since June, admits he's using muscles he hasn't tapped in a long time.

"I feel tight but this is an experience I want to have," he says. "I want to be a good skater. I'm such a sucker for a competition."

:lmao:

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/Vince_Neil/2010/21561300002205728.jpg

LINK (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20438712,00.html)

chefcraig
11-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Merged...

Kristy
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
What is it with these allegedly drug addict hair band burn-outs of the 80's? Did they not save a dime? I'm hoping this will die just like 'Tommy Lee Goes To College" a few years back.

Anonymous
11-07-2010, 09:20 PM
What is it with these allegedly drug addict hair band burn-outs of the 80's? Did they not save a dime?

According to Dave Mustaine himself on VH1's Behind the Music, by the time they had released the third Megadeth album, he & Ellefson had absolutely NO money, having spent it all on drugs.

While not a musician, I met a recent former WWE wrestler (whose name I will not mention because it's HIS life & he never really went public with it) who did the same exact thing & is now as broke as you & I.

Cheers! :bottle:

BITEYOASS
11-07-2010, 09:40 PM
I'd rather watch one of those shitty sitcoms with canned laughter than this reality-show BS! Fuck, with all those concerts and live shows out there--you'd figure that networks would at least fuckin broadcast them for free.

Nitro Express
11-07-2010, 11:55 PM
What is it with these allegedly drug addict hair band burn-outs of the 80's? Did they not save a dime? I'm hoping this will die just like 'Tommy Lee Goes To College" a few years back.

Drugs are an expensive hobby.

Nitro Express
11-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Remember when rock and roll used to stand for rebellion and attitude?

Bit of a shame to see these aging rock stars being so quick to sell all of that out for a buck.

Corporatization of the form makes we wanna fuckin' puke.

You will never see this rocker on ice skates.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mOmcIf8Io9M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mOmcIf8Io9M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

GAR
11-08-2010, 12:26 AM

GOOD drugs.. are an expensive hobby.

Nitro Express
11-08-2010, 01:50 AM
GOOD drugs.. are an expensive hobby.

There are no good drugs anymore. The days of black scorpion coke and real organic buds dripping with resin are over. If you enjoyed the 1980's consider yourself lucky.

sadaist
11-08-2010, 03:02 AM
You will never see this rocker on ice skates.

1987 I would have bet my left nut we would never see Vince on ice skates.

Seshmeister
11-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Skating with the STARS??

If Vince sold you his soul he should have read the small print...

sonrisa salvaje
11-10-2010, 04:35 PM

Don't forget about being married 4 times. That tends to get expensive too. Maybe they should call it Skating For My Ex -Wives.

DavidLeeNatra
11-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Don't forget about being married 4 times. That tends to get expensive too. Maybe they should call it Skating For My Ex -Wives.

then we'd see a skating neckbrace...

chefcraig
11-11-2010, 07:20 PM
For those of you with the Biography channel, Neil will be appearing on Celebrity Ghost Stories this Saturday night, where he claims to have seen the ghost of his dead daughter.

Seshmeister
11-11-2010, 07:40 PM
It would be pretty surprising if he didn't see his daughter's 'ghost' the amount of shit he was on.

DavidLeeNatra
11-12-2010, 03:48 PM
For those of you with the Biography channel, Neil will be appearing on Celebrity Ghost Stories this Saturday night, where he claims to have seen the ghost of his dead daughter.

what a piece of shit...making cash from the death of his daughter...rot in hell...

hambon4lif
11-12-2010, 04:09 PM
This doesn't surprise me. I've always thought Vince was a bit of a twink.

The good part is that there's no passengers to kill when you're on skates......

It would be worth the 15 minutes in the penalty box to crack that poseurs nose.

Nitro Express
11-12-2010, 05:26 PM

Sounds like it. I never have gotten divorced. I have enough money overseas I could just go out the front door and leave and be ok. Shit let her have the house and the businesses. They are just a damn bitch to run anyways. I think if it all blew up, I would just live simple and never marry again.

Jagermeister
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
:biggrin:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jn4epOCtpbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jn4epOCtpbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Video footage of MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil's skating debut on the premiere episode of the brand new show "Skating With The Stars", which is described as "Dancing With The Stars" on ice (and comes from the same producers), can be viewed below.

Neil stayed on his feet in his performance, which aired live earlier tonight (Monday, November 22), but only managed to come last in the judges' grades, with just 28 out of 60.

Vince's scores:

Technical Merit

6 / 4 / 4

Artistic

6 / 4 / 4

Neil is one of six celebrities who are taking part in the competition. The other contenders are Sean Young ("Blade Runner", "No Way Out"), reality star Bethenny Frankel, Olympic gold medal skier Jonny Moseley, "All My Children" actress Rebecca Budig and Brandon Mychal Smith of the Disney Channel sitcom "Sonny With a Chance".

A new series from BBC Worldwide Productions, "Skating With The Stars" pairs celebrities with a world-class ice skater as they prepare to compete in front of a live audience in a televised ice skating competition. The skating pairs are critiqued by a panel of expert judges and receive a set of scores based on artistry and technique, and also by viewers at home, with one couple being eliminated each week.

"Skating With The Stars" kicked off its six-episode run with a live premiere episode on Monday, November 22 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC television network.

"Skating With The Stars" is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Izzie Pick ("Dancing With The Stars" and the U.K.'s "Strictly Come Dancing") and Phil Edgar Jones ("Big Brother" and "Celebrity Big Brother") serve as executive producers. Paul Osborne ("I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!" and "Secret Millionaire") will serve as co-executive producer. Alex Rudzinski ("Dancing With The Stars") will direct.

Jagermeister
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
That's some fucked up shit. :lmao:

chefcraig
11-23-2010, 03:13 PM
I watched about 4 minutes and shut it off. At the time, they were introducing Jonny Moseley and the scatterbrain he was skating with, then cut to a scene where Vince was sitting incongruously on a couch with his fellow skaters, an odd looking assortment of women suffering from an abundance of face lifts and some suspiciously effeminate guys. No thanks. If I wanna watch rock stars and plastic surgery disasters, I'll tune into the train wreck known as Married To Rock on the E Channel or a Rock Of Love rerun.

Hardrock69
11-23-2010, 09:21 PM
http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/Vince_Neil/2010/21561300002205728.jpg

Oh GAWD! ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MOMEEE MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!!

I am right now watching a live vid of Armored Saint from 1987. A TRUE LA Metal band in every sense of the word! Unlike fucking skateboi. :biggrin:

Haha...fucking loser came in dead last. How appropriate. Like he thought he should even be on this lame show to begin with.

binnie
11-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Who would ever have thought that Brett Michaels would end up cooler than Vince Neil? Admitedly there's not much in it.

But come ON man - Vince used to be a rock star, a hellraiser. How bad can he need a buck?

binnie
11-24-2010, 08:27 AM
:biggrin:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jn4epOCtpbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jn4epOCtpbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Not so much 'Dancing On Glass' as 'Dancing Fat Ass'.

Seshmeister
11-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Neil stayed on his feet in his performance, which aired live earlier tonight (Monday, November 22), but only managed to come last in the judges' grades, with just 28 out of 60.

The quest to find something Vince is actually good at continues... :)

chefcraig
11-24-2010, 08:56 AM
The quest to find something Vince is actually good at continues... :)

How's about an episode of "All Star Drinkathon" followed by a round of "Celebrity Crash Test Dummies"?

ELVIS
11-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I think they should have Skating with The Biggest Losers...

:elvis:

Jagermeister
11-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Who would ever have thought that Brett Michaels would end up cooler than Vince Neil?

That's awesome! lol that might be my bew sig.

Jagermeister
11-30-2010, 09:20 AM
In other news I guess he fell on his ass last night. Video to follow. :biggrin:

chefcraig
11-30-2010, 09:21 AM
In other news I guess he fell on his ass last night. Video to follow. :biggrin:

Did the ice crack, needing the services of the Zamboni to repair it?

Jagermeister
11-30-2010, 09:23 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X1bv6P96AUk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X1bv6P96AUk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jagermeister
11-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Did the ice crack, needing the services of the Zamboni to repair it?

I think the only thing close to a crack is old boys hand. He sure likes that chick.

Seshmeister
11-30-2010, 11:16 AM
She's a brave girl...

Hardrock69
11-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Had a close call the other night. Was over at my Mom's house for dinner, and my sister had the TV on, and Skating With The Stars came on. Fortunately it was time to leave.

Whew!

Close call!

I almost saw dumbass!

Glad I dodged that bullet.

blueturk
12-04-2010, 07:26 PM
1987 I would have bet my left nut we would never see Vince on ice skates.

Or Steven Tyler on "American Idol"...