PDA

View Full Version : Italian film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies:

Jagermeister
11-11-2010, 11:57 AM
ROME (Reuters) – Oscar-winning Italian film producer Dino De Laurentiis, who brought to the big screen nearly 500 films including "Serpico," "Three Days of the Condor" and "King Kong," died in Los Angeles aged 91, Italian media said on Thursday.

De Laurentiis produced several Italian classics in collaboration, including Federico Fellini's "La Strada," for which he won an Oscar in 1957.

He moved to the United States in the 1970s after the failure of his film studios in Rome, and turned to a string of big international productions, including a few flops.

He was behind the legendary King Kong remake of 1976, the killer whale film "Orca," several adaptations of Stephen King's novels, and most recently "Hannibal," the sequel to "The Silence of the Lambs."

(Reporting by Silvia Aloisi; editing by Paul Casciato)

Anonymous
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
As soon as I saw the dude's name, I knew he was dead. A pity, but at least he died REALLY old and contributed alot to our entertainment.

He may have fucked up the Hannibal character, but he did give us Conan the Barbarian. EXCELLENT film.

I love most of his stuff... well, most of his stuff that I watched.

RIP Dino De Laurentiis.

On another note, nothing says "I do give a fuck" quite like your "I don't give a fuck" avatar, dude.

If you give a fuck enough to say you don't give a fuck, well...

Cheers! :bottle:

POJO_Risin
11-11-2010, 12:27 PM
RIP Dino...

Now...I must leave all of you to go and console his "girls"...er...granddaughter...Giada...

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3715/35802028.jpg

GAR
11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
There was a guy who put alot of hard work and passion in his stuff..

Grant
11-14-2010, 03:57 AM
Dino also did 'The Bounty' starring Anthony Hopkins (Capt Bligh) and Mel Gibson (Fletcher Christian), also along with Sir Laurence Olivier and both a young Liam Neeson and Daniel Day Lewis.

RIP.