• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

Palin says she can beat President Obama in 2012

Palin says she can beat President Obama
    In an interview with ABC's Barbara Walters, Sarah Palin says that she's "seriously considering" a run for president in 2012 and believes she could beat Barack Obama.

In the interview, scheduled for broadcast Dec. 9 as part of Walter's "Ten Most Fascinating People," Palin said she is discussing a possible campaign with her family.

"I'm looking at the lay of the land now, and trying to figure that out, if it's a good thing for the country, for the discourse, for my family, if it's a good thing," the tea party favorite said.

"If you ran for president, could you beat Barack Obama?" asked Walters.

"I believe so," Palin replied.

In an interview with the New York Times scheduled to run Nov. 21, the former vice-presidential candidate also told a New York Times reporter that she's considering a run.

In an interview to run Nov. 21 in the Times' Sunday Magazine, reporter Robert Draper asked Palin if she was mulling a run.

"I am," Palin said.

"I'm engaged in the internal deliberations candidly, and having that discussion with my family, because my family is the most important consideration here," she said.

Palin said the hardest part of a campaign would be "Proving my record."

"That's the most frustrating thing for me - the warped and perverted description of my record and what I've accomplished over the last two decades. It's been much more perplexing to me than where the lamestream media has wanted to go about my personal life. And other candidates haven't faced these criticisms the way I have."

Really, she couldn't even finish her Governors job! So what is she going to do when other countries start coming at you quit as well??!!

Then you have Giuliani going on all these shows saying how she's more qualified than Obama!
    His ass got straight booed when he said that on The View!

And far as personal life goes the birthers are still trying to disprove Obama was born in the US!

Could you imagine hearing that annoying voice during State of the Union addresses!

Give us all a break and go somewhere!!
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I doubt the Republican Party will give her the nomination. A little bird tells me Mitt Romney is going to run and I don't think Sarah could beat Mitt in a debate let alone Obama. Who knows who else will appear. Nobody ever heard of Barrack Obama before he appeared on the scene and we can thank Sarah for Barrack winning. She scared the swing voters right over to his side.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Romney = loser
      Palin - even more lost looser

It's gonna be Newt Gingrich.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GAR

It's gonna be Newt Gingrich.

Really? I don't get the vibe that he will run. While I like him a lot, dude has some serious baggage that will hurt him in a campaign.

Barack was a new senator with less than 2 years experience. A hot shot young gun that took the party by storm.

Sounds a lot like Marco Rubio.

Not that I would support Rubio. Just saying he is following the same path that Barack did.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          I doubt the Republican Party will give her the nomination.
          I think you're right about that but she's absolutely a star when it comes to fund raising. I'd definitely want her stumping for me if I was running. Romney already has boatloads of $$$.

Also, the Latino vote will be key in 2012. How does the Republican Nominee get that vote? Marco Rubio as Veep.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
            I think you're right about that but she's absolutely a star when it comes to fund raising. I'd definitely want her stumping for me if I was running. Romney already has boatloads of $$$.

Also, the Latino vote will be key in 2012. How does the Republican Nominee get that vote? Marco Rubio as Veep.
            Come on Brian, that would be seen even as a more token move than having Michael Steele as the token black guy....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

The truth is both the Democratic and Republican parties need to clean up their act. Both are full of corrupt, bought off shills who have ruined our country. They don't care about the country nor the people who live in it and we need to get rid of these fucks and replace them with some new blood.

We are better off with two parties but they need to be more pro American than multi-national corporation and bank. Also, the partisanship is killing us. Let's get back to voting on what's good for the average citizen instead of taking bribes, passing shit, and blaming each other for the result.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Why not to vote for Palin:

1) She doesn't have the experience.
                2) She doesn't have a clue in key areas like foreign policy.
                3) She is a quitter.
                4) She is influenced by fame and money too much. Such people are easily bribed and bought off easy.
                5) She seems to stand for promoting Sarah Palin more than anything else.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

My niece works for Mitt Romney and I know him somewhat. He did an excellent job taking over the Salt Lake City Olympics that were riddled with corruption to the level that they almost didn't happen. They guy has the qualifications to be an excellent president but I have one problem with Mitt. He's an investment banker who tends to side with his friends in the investment world. He's also a hypocrite in many ways. Basically, he's a politician.

Out of what I've seen, he might be the best choice. Huckabee is out there as well. I don't know if he will run.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Even though Huckabee had signed a television contract and a book deal with a pressing deadline, he was mentioned by most to be on then-presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain's short list for his Vice Presidential running mate. Huckabee was eventually passed over for Sarah Palin. Before his death, pundit Tim Russert even referred to Huckabee as "Vice President Huckabee" several times when he appeared on Meet The Press on May 18, 2008.[53]
                    Damn. McCAin should have ran with Huckabee and Sarah Palin would have been a unknown nobody in Alaska still. He might have just beat Obama too.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Why not to vote for Palin:

1) She doesn't have the experience.
                      2) She doesn't have a clue in key areas like foreign policy.
                      3) She is a quitter.
                      4) She is influenced by fame and money too much. Such people are easily bribed and bought off easy.
                      5) She seems to stand for promoting Sarah Palin more than anything else.

I am a conservative and I agree whole-heartedly with all of those reasons except #1. Who has Presidential experience other than an incumbent President? No one ever running had experience. Now as far as experience running anything, she did run a state...albeit for a short time and she quit halfway through. She has more experience than Obama had when he was elected. This isn't a Palin defense. Just saying the "experience" argument kinda went out the door when Obama was elected.

She should run solely to draw attention to & force other candidates to discuss certain issues that they otherwise would not. I'd like to see Trump run for a while as well. Not as a serious candidate, but to force the other candidates to discuss in depth their financial plans for the country.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I see what you are saying and I agree. An experienced politician who is bought off and corrupt is of no value. It helps to know how things work in Washington DC though but people who spend too much time there tend to get corrupted.

Maybe good old common sense is more valuable.

One thing I do like about Sarah is she is a go getter and seems to have some balls. I mean she was a laughing stock and most people would duck out but she kept at it and is taken more seriously.

One thing is for damn sure, this country can't afford another Bush or Obama. We need a decent president badly.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          I'd like to see Trump run for a while as well. Not as a serious candidate, but to force the other candidates to discuss in depth their financial plans for the country.
                          LOL... Trump is a tool, but I actually like that idea.
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I heard on the radio this morning that Trump is considering running for president. They said he really doesn't want the job but feels the US is being taken advantage of and he has some real solutions to fix things. All I can say is plenty of people in Washington DC need to be fired. Trump is qualified on firing people.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

I don't think you should automatically assume the Latino vote for a Batista fan boy from Miami. The Cuban exiles haven't exactly had to play by the same rules as other Latino immigrants, and other Latinos are well aware of that fact.

And the last thing we need right now is another Repuke president coming into office with a prefabricated agenda to invade another country. Look how well that worked out with the Chimp.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...