PDA

View Full Version : Bonjour from Paris

Davefanparis
11-21-2010, 04:26 AM
Nope, not French, but an ex-pat from Philly (USA), been here a long time and hating every day of it.
Grew up on VH, and their music was the soundtrack to many a smoke-filled party or when the lights would go down.
Great site, looking forward to adding posts when I can.
There will never be another like Dave, today's music is so depressing to say the least.

When you get something like MTV, it's like regular television. You get it, and at first it's novel and brand new and then you watch every channel, every show. And then you become a little more selective and more selective, until ultimately... you wind up with a radio.
David Lee Roth

vaijuju
11-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Welcome , bienvenue

SunisinuS
11-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Nope, not French, but an ex-pat from Philly (USA), been here a long time and hating every day of it.
Grew up on VH, and their music was the soundtrack to many a smoke-filled party or when the lights would go down.
Great site, looking forward to adding posts when I can.
There will never be another like Dave, today's music is so depressing to say the least.

When you get something like MTV, it's like regular television. You get it, and at first it's novel and brand new and then you watch every channel, every show. And then you become a little more selective and more selective, until ultimately... you wind up with a radio.
David Lee Roth

Formidable'!

Whenever the critics come my way....I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb40FtK316s

at 2:52. Ex-pat. You keep your head up ok? And make us yanks proud. At 7:43 he starts.

Davefanparis
11-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Merci beaucoup les gars! Thanks a lot guys!

France is cool, especially Paris, but after 15 years, a cold beer in an American bar wouldn't be refused. Miss the States and all those "beautiful girls"!
Ok, enough of this, time for a little VH up to 11, LONG LIVE THE USA AND AMERICAN ROCK-N-ROLL!

diamondsgirl
11-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Welcome DFP :)

~deej~

Davefanparis
11-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks Deej!

Marx1000
11-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Formidable'!

Whenever the critics come my way....I think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb40FtK316s

at 2:52. Ex-pat. You keep your head up ok? And make us yanks proud. At 7:43 he starts.

Great example SunisinuS! You hit the nail on the head. You don't see entertainment like that anymore. "Can't get that good stuff no more!"

Welcome Davefanparis from another newbie.
Marx1000

Davefanparis
12-01-2010, 04:19 AM
Thanks Marx1000, this site seems like that corner bar in America that I used to know...full of VH fans!
ROCK ON!