PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to defending free speech?

Nitro Express
11-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm tired of hearing so and so should be taken off the air because I don't like what they are saying. What ever happened to "I don't like what you are saying but you have the constitutional right to say it?"

We used to defend the rights of those we didn't agree with or even hated to express themselves. Now everyone wants the FCC to ban people. What people like Al Sharpton and Jay Rockefeller don't get, if it can be used against people they don't like, it can be used against them eventually.

We are walking on a slippery slope. We need to defend people to have a voice period.

FORD
11-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Fuck Jay Rockefeller in his false Democrat ass. Loves coal mining mountain rapers, hates MSNBC. Yeah, sure he's a Democrat. Just like the rest of his wretched family.

This is why we need the goddamn Estate Tax. This particular family of vampires have stolen from this country for over a century. Along with the BCE, who actually started out as Rockefeller partners in late 19th century railroad swindles.

WACF
11-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes you do...we all do.

Some people/groups do not like being challenged...if it is thought provoking or stirs debate...it is a good thing.

If it incites violence...then we have an issue...with the people partaking in the violence.

chefcraig
11-23-2010, 03:19 PM
The fact is, tv programmers don't care one way or another about the content of a television show, be it a scripted series or a political talk show. The bottom line is ratings. If a person continues to draw them and keep the advertisers happy, then that person can pretty much get away with anything short of murder. Then again, look at the interest of the public whenever a celebrity is arrested or goes on trial...

jhale667
11-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes you do...we all do.

Some people/groups do not like being challenged...if it is thought provoking or stirs debate...it is a good thing.

If it incites violence...then we have an issue...with the people partaking in the violence.

That's when the real problem arises...when you have people misusing their public forum deliberately trying to incite violence, like the BecKKK's of the world...surprised FAUX hasn't given Sharon Angle a show to spew some "2nd Amendment remedy" hate yet...

Nitro Express
11-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Fuck Jay Rockefeller in his false Democrat ass. Loves coal mining mountain rapers, hates MSNBC. Yeah, sure he's a Democrat. Just like the rest of his wretched family.

This is why we need the goddamn Estate Tax. This particular family of vampires have stolen from this country for over a century. Along with the BCE, who actually started out as Rockefeller partners in late 19th century railroad swindles.

The Rockefellers own a lot of land around here. Some of the men in that family have changed their last name to their mother's maiden name because they don't want to be associated with the legacy. Cheney was a Rockefeller shill. It seems like that family is full of bullies and then family members that want nothing to do with it. I wonder how many of the cousins are assholes besides Jay?

Nitro Express
11-23-2010, 06:29 PM
That's when the real problem arises...when you have people misusing their public forum deliberately trying to incite violence, like the BecKKK's of the world...surprised FAUX hasn't given Sharon Angle a show to spew some "2nd Amendment remedy" hate yet...

Beck is a fruit loop but I never heard him say anything violent. The only way you would have a chance against the US Federal Government is if parts of the military sided with you. If it's just guys with rifles and pistols, that's pretty useless against the military. That stuff would come in handy if civilization melted down and you needed to protect yourself from thugs but against planes and armor nope.

FORD
11-23-2010, 08:33 PM

Angle doesn't meet FAUX criteria for female employees. Christine O'Donnell would though. Maybe they'll give her a show and call it "The Witching Hour" or something like that? :biggrin:

FORD
11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Beck is a fruit loop but I never heard him say anything violent.

Seriously??

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", " - The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005

knuckleboner
11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
what exactly did jay rockefeller say that was trying to take away freedom of speech?

he said that he kind of wished the FCC would shut down fox news AND msnbc. but he never said that they SHOULD shut them down. huge difference.

if anything, the assault against freedom of speech is from fox news. anything potentially critical of them is taken out of whatever original context in order to portray fox as the martyr. so you get a bunch of fox news afficianados clammering for jay rockefeller to shut his mouth. you know, to stop speaking badly about fox news, because, as we all know, the freedom of speech is the greatest thing, as long as you're talking reverently about America, Jesus Christ, Ronald Reagan and Fox News; otherwise, it's subversive...

Nitro Express
11-24-2010, 01:30 AM
Seriously??

"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", " - The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005

Yeah but that's him joking around. I say I want to crucify and impale people all the time but it's not like I'm actually going to do it. LOL! It's not like Beck is organizing a militia of armed thugs to terrorize the country with. Every time I flip by his show he sounds like Martin Luther King or some baptist minister. LOL! I don't think Glenn Beck is dangerous.