PDA

View Full Version : Justice finally served: The BugBastard DeLay convicted of money laundering!

FORD
11-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Jury convicts DeLay in money-laundering case

By Mike Ward and Laylan Copelin | Wednesday, November 24, 2010, 01:27 PM

Tom DeLay, the former U.S. House majority leader whose name became synonymous with the Republicans’ controversial rise to power in the Texas House, was found guilty today of laundering money in connection with the 2002 elections.

Jurors sent a note on yellow legal paper that a verdict had been reached to the judge at 4:46 p.m. They had deliberated since Monday afternoon.

They sent word that they had reached a verdict at 4:46 p.m. today.

DeLay was charged with money laundering and conspiracy to commit money. He faces a possible sentence of 5-99 years in prison and a maximum $10,000 fine on the money laundering charge, and 2-20 years in prison and a possible $10,000 fine on the conspiracy charge.

Prosecutors earlier said they believe the DeLay case is the first such criminal charge ever filed over Texas’ century-old prohibition on corporate contributions in state political races.

Delay, a Republican who was nicknamed “The Hammer” because of his heavy-handed style, was accused of conspiring to funnel $190,000 of corporate money through the Republican National Committee, which sent $190,000 in campaign donations to seven GOP candidates for the Texas House.

State law prohibits corporations from giving donations to candidates directly or indirectly.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/politics/entries/2010/11/24/delay_judge_think_about_thanks.html?cxntcid=breaki ng_news

lesfunk
11-24-2010, 06:55 PM
fuckin crooks

kwame k
11-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Hate when bad things happen to bad people.

Hardrock69
11-24-2010, 07:52 PM
:lmao:

That worthless cocksucker.

Fucking Retardlicans always going on about how they are the "Law And Order" party, but for some fucked up reason they do not understand that THEY are required to obey the law ALSO.

Fucking asshole. I hope he has to do at least a year, getting butt-raped by one of his big hairy constituents. :biggrin:

Fucking asshole. :mad:

Nickdfresh
11-24-2010, 09:51 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:c5SijemE09_qQM:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/armyyouhave/delaytomroach.jpg

Nitro Express
11-25-2010, 03:50 AM
It's like some giant removed the capitol dome and took a huge dump and filled the senate and house full of shit.

sadaist
11-25-2010, 04:26 AM
I don't like this guy and he should pay for his crimes. But life? I know he won't get that. But that it's even an option seems wacky to me. I thought life sentences were reserved for the worst of the worst murderers, torturers & rapists. Seems crazy that we even consider life sentences for anything financially related. He did a lot of dirty back door shuffling of a lot of money, but I don't really see him as posing a threat to society.

BigBadBrian
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
FORD, kwame, DumaAsABrick, you think he should go to jail?

So do I, if he indeed committed this crime.

However, where is your outrage at the crimes committed by Charlie Rangel, a Congressman still serving?

I noticed none of you commented in the Rangel thread. Go ahead and post your vile comments about him. Do it now.