PDA

View Full Version : So Eddie has NEVER been Mad at Sammy? Read on!

VH LINKS SUCKS
01-11-2004, 08:55 PM
According to the new interview Eddie Van Halen did with Dwyer & Michaels from Q106.5 Davenport, Iowa which will be aired sometime Monday, Eddie has stated he's never been mad at Sammy! Really? Well lets go back in time, shall we Ed?

Father's Day-1996:

Argument over the Twister soundtrack-

Hagar: You would think so, but he wasn't. So, getting back to the phone call, Eddie calls my home at 9 o'clock in the morning the next day, which incidentally was Father's Day, and I hear his voice on the answering machine. "Hey Sam, come on, pick up, I know you're there." I picked up the phone and Ed said, "Oh man, I'm so frustrated. Why do you always have to be a prick? You never do anything anybody asks you to do." I said, "Ed, what are you asking me to do?" He said he wanted me to sing the song again. I told him I'd already re-sung the song twice, that that was the best I could do. I thought it was great. Eddie again said he didn't think so. Finally, I remarked, "Just because you don't think the song sounds right doesn't mean that I'm going to re-sing it. If I didn't think it was good enough, I'd be glad to re-do it." Eddie then said to me, "You see, you're always thinking of yourself. You never do anything that I ask of you. You've always been a solo artist, you might as well go back to being a solo artist." I paused for a moment and said, "Are you telling me to go back to being a solo artist." And then Eddie said, "Yeah, besides, I've been working with Roth. You got me so frustrated the Tuesday night that you left, I went over and got Roth. We've been working together, and we've gotten along good. It's been going great, and I think that we're just going to continue."The only thing I could say was, "Hey Ed, thanks a lot!"

Or how about:

Hagar: Yes, and it took me a few moments to regain my composure. Once I did, I said to him,"You're telling me that you've been working with David Lee Roth!" As I said that, I was looking at my wife and she shot up in bed like she'd seen a ghost. I said to him, "You, behind my back, are working with Roth. You fucking piece of shit!" Eddie replied to me, "Well, Sammy, you've frustrated me so much, you won't do anything I ask you to do."

GW: Eddie was really hung up over that song, wasn't he?

Hagar: It was ridiculous. I'd had enough of his ranting about it. I said, "Eddie, first of all, you never asked me to do anything. You're trying to get me to do something on a song I think is great, that Glen Ballard thinks is great, but you don't? Forget it!" I told Eddie that if I heard a guitar part that I didn't like in a song, he wouldn't change it no matter how much I objected to it, if he thought it was right. "Oh no, man, that's not right. I'd do anything you ask. I'd even play the guitar standing on my head, anything, just ask." Well, I wasn't getting anywhere with him, and I was really pissed at this point. Finally I said, "Eddie, this Roth thing, fuck you! If what you two are doing is better than anything you and I can do, I'll blow you both!" To which he remarked, "Well, I wouldn't say that man, this stuff is pretty good."

( I wonder if Eddie and Dave enjoyed that blowjob Sammy promised them?)

GW: Is that exactly what went down between you and Eddie that morning?

Hagar: That was the way things went down between the two of us. My answering machine picked up the whole conversation. Ray Danniels and Alex are going around saying I quit because of what Eddie told them. Who knows, they may actually believe I called Eddie up and said I was quitting to go back and become a solo artist. I'm even willing to give Al a little bit of credit here: he may have actually bought what his brother Eddie is now telling him. But you know what? Isn't it funny that Eddie is standing all alone in the middle of the room saying "Everyone is lying but me." I've never met or spoken to David Lee Roth, yet it's rather ironic that even he's saying Eddie's lying about things. I'm saying he's not telling the truth, yet Eddie insists that the two of us are lying! You be the judge.

Dave's PA Rental
01-11-2004, 09:49 PM
good stuff...

VH LINKS SUCKS
01-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Daves PA rental
good stuff...

Fucking Eddie Van Halen huh?

Will say anything to anyone including a few Dj's, take Van Halen fans for fools and minipulate his way through the media
just to make himself look like a decent guy although its there in writing and quotes that he obviously is a "control freak" Hagar saying it himself and then twisting so many stories around and everything is fine?

Great musician, but a King Edward is King Bullshit!

Hagar has obviously become Eddie and Alex's BITCH!:blow2:

At least now we know that Dave was the smart guy in all of this soap opera and told Eddie to fuck himself and his control
syndrome!:fu:

DavidLeeNatra
01-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by VH LINKS SUCKS
"Eddie, this Roth thing, fuck you! If what you two are doing is better than anything you and I can do, I'll blow you both!"

sam, where do you live ? on fucking mars ? you have to give blowjobs for six albums and swallow everything for the two songs on the BO I ... dave and ed could just fart in a tuba and it would be better than anything you could do with ed...

One Voice
01-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Hehehehe

Full Bug
01-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Ed Van Halen lies? Say it aint so Ed!

Bill Lumbergh
04-28-2004, 05:17 PM
Everythings great now though I'm sure, they probably go to Chuck E Cheese every night after rehearsals and jam with Chuck E and his pals.

romeodelight
04-28-2004, 05:55 PM
dave and ed could just fart in a tuba and it would be better than anything you could do with ed...

hahaha that is friggin gold man... and so true, i'm being 110% literal too

fuckin nothing can amount to what ed and dave created... those first 6 albums were classic... and the two songs on BOVI

Terry
04-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Ed and Sammy mad at each other? Bah.

Wonder what a slap fight between those two pussies would sound like. Hmmmmm.

EVH "I'm the reason Van Halen got sissified after Dave left."

SH "No, I am."

EVH "Nu-huh. It's my band, Sammy. It's named after me."

AVH "Me too! It's my band, too!"

EVH and SH laugh, then go back to pulling each other's hair.

Roth-Halen
04-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
sam, where do you live ? on fucking mars ? you have to give blowjobs for six albums and swallow everything for the two songs on the BO I ... dave and ed could just fart in a tuba and it would be better than anything you could do with ed...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That was neat!

NathanRay
04-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Ed and Sammy mad at each other? Bah.

Wonder what a slap fight between those two pussies would sound like. Hmmmmm.

EVH "I'm the reason Van Halen got sissified after Dave left."

SH "No, I am."

EVH "Nu-huh. It's my band, Sammy. It's named after me."

AVH "Me too! It's my band, too!"

EVH and SH laugh, then go back to pulling each other's hair.

LoL that is totally happening "Right Now"!!!!!

bru87tr
04-29-2004, 09:32 AM
reason Ed is such an asshole now is because he learned from the best.... DAVE!

the only difference is it comes natural to Dave and people like him the way he is. hes a leader. born!

Ed, well people dont like him when he is an asshole and trying to be something he is not, a born leader. he needs Dave in the worst way and having someone you disagree with as a friend brings out the best in you. ed killed VH and its such a shame.

Ed didnt think Dave would leave VH and when his bluff was called Ed DID shit his pants and freaked what VH would do without Dave! did he not ? he did. now VH is a fucking sissy band with no indication of having balls ever again.

if Ed had any balls and was not affraid of Dave or affraid of losing the spotlight again he would get back with dave. Ed got the spotlight alright. hes the laughing stock of the music industry who single handidly killed VH!

DavidLeeNatra
04-29-2004, 09:36 AM
well...ed has always been just a little lies away from the truth ... ;)

Hollywood Jesus
04-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Oh, I think there's even harsher words in the press than this between Ed and Sam.

Funny thing about the Father's day story, Ed comes off as pretty level-headed. Sam never quotes him as a kick-you-in-the-balls sort. Ed comes off fairly serious and mature.

Man, if it weren't for Ed's hip and general health, we'd have gotten the Real Reunion in '96, HoF this year and probably a farewell tour this summer after eight years and three multi-platinum CDs. Damn!

DavidLeeNatra
04-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus
Man, if it weren't for Ed's hip and general health, we'd have gotten the Real Reunion in '96, HoF this year and probably a farewell tour this summer after eight years and three multi-platinum CDs. Damn!

we know that it wasn't for ed's hip...or general health...maybe ed's mental health...

famac
04-29-2004, 11:43 AM
If Eddie wanted Sammy to resing the song, he should have done it. Sammy was brought in to replace David Lee Roth. As a replacement singer, he should aknowledge the fact that he is in somewaht of a subordinate role.

But you don't get that from the first Sammy quote above. It's more like he's deciding what's good enough and what's not, which Eddie seems to think isn't his call.

And I completely agree. The only problem is, if you use that rationale, they would have to start all over with 5150 because the "singing" wasn't godd enough on any of the Van Hagar tunes.

cwsmith17
04-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Great post!

FORD
04-30-2004, 04:20 PM
well...ed has always been just a little lies away from the truth ... ;)

Wouldn't that be a "Little White Lie" away from the truth?

Remember that video with the chain smoking monkey playing guitar :D

Probably Sammy's last great song. Because he was pissed when he wrote & recorded it. Exactly the energy missing from the Van Hagar records.

Big Troubles
04-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by FORD

Probably Sammy's last great song. Because he was pissed when he wrote & recorded it. Exactly the energy missing from the Van Hagar records.

There was energy in Van Hagar records? You lie. lol
But you are right, the best music Ive heard was done out of anger and high energy passion. Sam's passion is Mike's asshole and his Tequila.

FORD
04-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by famac
If Eddie wanted Sammy to resing the song, he should have done it. Sammy was brought in to replace David Lee Roth. As a replacement singer, he should aknowledge the fact that he is in somewaht of a subordinate role.

But you don't get that from the first Sammy quote above. It's more like he's deciding what's good enough and what's not, which Eddie seems to think isn't his call.

And I completely agree. The only problem is, if you use that rationale, they would have to start all over with 5150 because the "singing" wasn't godd enough on any of the Van Hagar tunes.

Nah, I gotta go with his Cheddarness on this one. If I were the singer, I wouldn't be crazy about my guitarist telling me to sing better, just like it wouldn't have been Sammy's place telling Eddie how to play guitar.

Now on the other hand, if Dave had called Sammy up and told the Ched Rocker how to properly sing a Van HALEN song (or better yet, to not sing them at all) that would have been perfectly appropriate.

The biggest flaw in VDIII, apart from "It fucking blows" is that Cherone was forced to sing like Hagar for the whole record. This is what happens when Eddie, who can't sing (see How Many Say I) is telling a singer how to do his job. Eddie probably would have had a mic stand up his ass if he would have tried that shit with Dave.

Roth & Roll
04-30-2004, 05:35 PM
So Ed is now playing the tuba while Spammy is taking up the skin flute...lol

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 02:28 AM

never seen that! I'm not so much into sammy's stuff ;)

but I hope ed has seen it...and much more I hope...he sees it again these days...

Panamark
05-01-2004, 03:16 AM
Ah memories....

back when there was hope for Van Halen.

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Ah memories....

back when there was hope for Van Halen.

don't become sentimental, soldier !!! :D

Panamark
05-01-2004, 03:26 AM
:(

I would like to wish Spammy gets that call again real soon. But methinks he is swallowing bucketloads of Van Halen jism this time around.

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 03:32 AM
:(

I would like to wish Spammy gets that call again real soon. But methinks he is swallowing bucketloads of Van Halen jism this time around.

so do I...but I wonder what it will be like if they really go back in the studio to do another full album...I don't think they are able to work it out one more time...

Panamark
05-01-2004, 03:37 AM
As Dave says, while they are all still vertical, theres hope. Just dont hold your breath !

Bill Lumbergh
05-01-2004, 03:41 AM
As Dave says, while they are all still vertical, theres hope. Just dont hold your breath !

Look at them though dude! Ed's about to keel over any minute now, Alex needs to be fuckin' propped up and probably needs assistance to fuck his wife, Mike's body is 80% cholesterol. Dave will probably live to be 100 though.

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 04:18 AM

BTW...when they played the 5150 tour "I can't drive 55" was on the setlist...I wonder if they play any hagar-solo-stuff this tour..."Little White Lie" would be a gooooooooooood choice

Panamark
05-01-2004, 04:19 AM
"Look at them though dude! Ed's about to keel over any minute now, Alex needs to be fuckin' propped up and probably needs assistance to fuck his wife, Mike's body is 80% cholesterol. Dave will probably live to be 100 though."

Yeah Bill, you are right. But at least they are alive.. Kinda...

Panamark
05-01-2004, 04:31 AM
We really need Dave to spark things up again, dont we...

Panamark
05-01-2004, 04:33 AM
A new Rock album !! To coincide with the release of BOV2 ! Now that could be interesting !!

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 04:35 AM
to be honest...I don't need a "rock"-album that desperately...I just whish for an album with originals...classic dave...can be bluesy, funky...don't mind...but I prefer originals...I don't need dave to "compete" with van hagar...at least he's far superior anyway...

ELVIS
05-01-2004, 04:36 AM
Yes!

Cathedral
05-01-2004, 04:38 AM
Nah, I gotta go with his Cheddarness on this one. If I were the singer, I wouldn't be crazy about my guitarist telling me to sing better, just like it wouldn't have been Sammy's place telling Eddie how to play guitar.

Now on the other hand, if Dave had called Sammy up and told the Ched Rocker how to properly sing a Van HALEN song (or better yet, to not sing them at all) that would have been perfectly appropriate.

The biggest flaw in VDIII, apart from "It fucking blows" is that Cherone was forced to sing like Hagar for the whole record. This is what happens when Eddie, who can't sing (see How Many Say I) is telling a singer how to do his job. Eddie probably would have had a mic stand up his ass if he would have tried that shit with Dave.

ROTMFFLMMFAO, Dude, e-mail me your address and i'll send you a case of Guiness.
This is by far the best post i have ever read from you.

And not one mention of anything political....I am soooooo damn shocked.

C'mon, I'm serious, you earned some brew ha ha, buddy.

Panamark
05-01-2004, 04:50 AM
to be honest...I don't need a "rock"-album that desperately...I just whish for an album with originals...classic dave...can be bluesy, funky...don't mind...but I prefer originals...I don't need dave to "compete" with van hagar...at least he's far superior anyway...

Dude, I think Diamond Dave just did all that for you ??
(Except that it was covers)

I think Dave is at his best when he is Rocking out... But I dont mind some of his Bluesy stuff. I think it would be a good marketing move to release *something* around the same time as BOV2. For me, I would prefer Rock..

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 04:54 AM
Dude, I think Diamond Dave just did all that for you ??
(Except that it was covers)

I think Dave is at his best when he is Rocking out... But I dont mind some of his Bluesy stuff. I think it would be a good marketing move to release *something* around the same time as BOV2. For me, I would prefer Rock..

Actually I like "Diamond Dave" but you're right about the covers...I want to hear dave telling me HIS stories not others...I prefer rock, too but I was always digging dave doing different things...what I really loved to hear would be a BO-album of dave all done big-band-style with the mambo slammers...like the pat boone "in a metal mood"...great album with a lousy singer...

Panamark
05-01-2004, 04:57 AM
Hey, is that Pat Boone who sings Crazy Train at the start of the Osbournes ?

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 04:58 AM
yes

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 05:01 AM
he did "panama" on the album, too...with zappa jr. on the guitar...dio sings the chorus to "holy diver" and blackmore played the guitar to "smoke on the water"...the arrangements on that album are stellar...but as I said...the singer sucks...dave would have been just perfect on it...

Panamark
05-01-2004, 05:04 AM
Yeah Ive heard Panama ! I knew about that album (But have never seen the track listing) and figured that it was probably him singing The Osbounes theme. They used to be neighbours. Ozzy reckons he was a great bloke. I never knew that Blackmore and DIO were on that album. You obviously like that sort of thing.. :)

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 05:12 AM
Yeah Ive heard Panama ! I knew about that album (But have never seen the track listing) and figured that it was probably him singing The Osbounes theme. They used to be neighbours. Ozzy reckons he was a great bloke. I never knew that Blackmore and DIO were on that album. You obviously like that sort of thing.. :)

I like it!!! when I was studying I made my living with a small combo called "The Jazz Pack" and we were doing sinatra (guess where my name comes from) and dean martin songs...but my piano man and me came from rockbands and so we played "jump" with a very funny piano arrangement and queens "we will rock you" in a very laid back jazz-lounge style...(our reggae version of "highway to hell" never made it on stage because it was too far away from the other stuff) it was fun watching people going like "I know that song from somewhere...shit...these fuckers play "jump"!!!

Panamark
05-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Hahah ! Sounds like fun..

The funniest thing I saw recently, kinda related, was a band from the US called Hayseed /DC . They were like a bunch of banjo playing Hill Billies doing all these classic Bon Era AC/DC songs.. (On the banjos)
You ever seen these guys ?

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 05:21 AM

The funniest thing I saw recently, kinda related, was a band from the US called Hayseed /DC . They were like a bunch of banjo playing Hill Billies doing all these classic Bon Era AC/DC songs.. (On the banjos)

NOOOOOOOO!!! but I'd love to hear THAT !!! I really don't mind people doing that...I'm really open minded to all kind of creativity...what I hate is, if people redo their songs the way bon jovi did (not if the originals were much better) or if I just hear the "oh-we-got-success-this-way-so-let's-do-another-cheesy-love-comes-walking-in-ballad"-attitude...

Panamark
05-01-2004, 05:26 AM
Cheesy Love Ballads are the fucking worst ! They are obviously written for women, you have to wonder about the blokes that like this kind of music.

Spammy fans, thats directed at you !

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 05:28 AM
just found it on amazon...gonna buy it for my friend and guitar player, who is a huuuuuuuuuuuge ac/dc fan...also love the title of their other album "kiss my grass" the kiss tribute...something for that kisslover who's posting his fag-pics all day

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 05:29 AM
Cheesy Love Ballads are the fucking worst ! They are obviously written for women, you have to wonder about the blokes that like this kind of music.

Spammy fans, thats directed at you !

yes!!! and we're still on war :D

Panamark
05-01-2004, 05:32 AM
just found it on amazon...gonna buy it for my friend and guitar player, who is a huuuuuuuuuuuge ac/dc fan...also love the title of their other album "kiss my grass" the kiss tribute...something for that kisslover who's posting his fag-pics all day

I didnt know they also did Kiss ? I bet they do Detroit Rock City. I could imagine the intro of that one on the banjo :)

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 05:40 AM
take a listen!!! funny as hell...

http://www.alphamusic-store.com/6411444.html

Panamark
05-01-2004, 05:46 AM
Haha !! I was right about Detroit Rock City.. Your friend should like the AC/DC stuff. I saw them play it live on TV and they were quite good.
Highway to Hell was hilarious. But they did it justice in a Hill Billy way :)

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 05:51 AM
to be honest...I just bought both of them on amazon...another friend's got birthday next week and we are jamming at his place with a lot of musicians and I really hope I get the cd's in time...

Cathedral
05-01-2004, 01:17 PM
We have a local group in town called "BassAckwards" and they do nothing but Metallica songs...Bluegrass style.
Banjo's, wash boards, moonshine jugs, the whole 9 yards over yonder, lol.

They make more money in a weekend than we we ever did which is cool for them but pisses the serious acts off pretty much.
I don't mind so much because it entertains me and i was never about the money anyway.

You haven't heard anything until you hear "One" played on a Banjo.

"Seek and Destroy" is a laugh riot.

FORD
05-01-2004, 01:36 PM
BTW...when they played the 5150 tour "I can't drive 55" was on the setlist...I wonder if they play any hagar-solo-stuff this tour..."Little White Lie" would be a gooooooooooood choice

Actually it wouldn't surprise me if Eddie didn't even realize that song was about him. Remember that he didn't have a clue what the lyrics to "Can't Get This Stuff No More" were all about.

"Can't get WHAT no more, huh Dave??" - Lying Dutchman, 1996

FORD
05-01-2004, 01:43 PM

Actually it's Hayseed Dixie and they play stuff from both the Bon and Brian eras. I have the CD, but I haven't seen them live. Hilarious stuff.

Apparently Cliff Williams actually lives somewhere in the southern US (Tennesee maybe?) and has actually jammed with these guys on stage. That's cool, but what I'd love to see is Malcolm on banjo and Angus with a fiddle :killer:

DavidLeeNatra
05-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Actually it wouldn't surprise me if Eddie didn't even realize that song was about him. Remember that he didn't have a clue what the lyrics to "Can't Get This Stuff No More" were all about.

"Can't get WHAT no more, huh Dave??" - Lying Dutchman, 1996

that was dave's masterpiece...to write these lyrics which are so ovious and the sisters didn't get it...how stupid...