PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC drummerPhil Rudd busted for pot possession...

Diamondjimi
12-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Money doesn't talk: AC/DC drummer's cannabis conviction

Wed, 01 Dec 2010 1:52p.m.

AC/DC drummer and Tauranga resident Phil Rudd has been convicted of cannabis possession, at the Tauranga District Court.

Police executed a search warrant on Rudd’s motorboat in Tauranga on October 7th, where they found 27 grams of cannabis onboard.

Rudd’s lawyer Craig Tuck asked for his client to be discharged without conviction because it would affect his international travels as a well-known musician. Tuck said Rudd earned $400 million from nine months of travelling last year alone.

“He travels extensively around the globe, across the planet, and on the basis of such criminality, which is low level offending, he is being targeted.”

Tuck told the court Rudd regrets his actions and takes full responsibility for his mistake. He also said Rudd has donated millions of dollars to the Tauranga community.

Community magistrate Robyn Paterson declined the request, saying Rudd was blindly ignoring the law. Rudd has also been fined $250 and ordered to pay court fees.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Portals/0-Articles/188873/acdc.jpg?width=300

LINK (http://www.3news.co.nz/Money-doesnt-talk-ACDC-drummer-fined-for-cannabis-possession/tabid/418/articleID/188873/Default.aspx)

Blaze
12-01-2010, 03:28 AM
found 27 grams of cannabis onboard :rolleye0018::rolleye0018:

Willie had 6 OZ. This is just silly.

Willie Nelson Launches Political Movement After Arrest
Wednesday December 1, 2010
Forget the Tea Party -- country music legend Willie Nelson has a different kind of movement he wants you to join.
"There's the Tea Party," he said in an email to the CelebStoner Web site. "How about the Teapot Party? Our motto: We lean a little to the left."

Nelson, 77, was arrested by the U.S. Border Patrol for possession of marijuana last week, despite the fact that he was roughly 100 miles for the U.S. border at the time.

"It's supposed to be a checkpoint only for aliens, and [agents] overstep their authority all the time," Texas attorney Dick DeGuerin told Rolling Stone. "I've had several cases from that checkpoint and they just use the opportunity to check out anybody they want to."

But the local sheriff doesn't seem to care -- in fact, he's taken delight in the idea of hosting an elderly music legend in his jail.

"He could get 180 days in county jail, which if he does, I'm going to make him cook and clean," Sheriff Arvin West told the El Paso Times. "He can wear the stripy uniforms just like the other ones do."

But if Nelson's new party succeeds, he won't be a lawbreaker anymore.

"Tax it, regulate it and legalize it," Nelson wrote. "And stop the border wars over drugs. Why should the drug lords make all the money? Thousands of lives will be saved."

If you want to join Willie, put down the joint and visit his new party's Facebook page.

Clicking "LIKE" might not help legalize marijuana... but it will probably annoy Sheriff Arvin.

Visit Willie in the Weird Crime Mug Shot Hall of Shame.

Photo © Hudspeth County (Texas) Jail

http://weirdnews.about.com/b/2010/12/01/willie-nelson-launches-political-movement-after-arrest.htm

Nitro Express
12-01-2010, 03:55 AM
They arrest Willie Nelson for some pot but do nothing about narco terrorists armed with fully automatic weapons. Just another example of government stupidity. Plus, the Feds love to bust big name celebrities, just ask Thomas Chong.

Mr. Vengeance
12-01-2010, 06:03 PM
How the fuck did Phil Rudd earn 400 million from touring last year???? Who's he think he is? Ringo?

Seshmeister
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM
$400m can't be right, no way.

Seshmeister
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
AC/DC made $127 million 2009-10. I take it that is gross.

You know this is really fucking petty and pathetic by the New Zealand police.

He had a tiny amount on his own yacht so now he will be banned from Japan and maybe the US?

Matt White
12-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm just glad Phil is smoking pot...and not drinking!

He's the backbone of AC/DC....they never sounded right without him.....

chefcraig
12-01-2010, 06:41 PM

He had a tiny amount on his own yacht so now he will be banned from Japan and maybe the US?

Something isn't quite right about this story. For one thing, 27 grams is about 7 teaspoons, so it isn't even an ounce. Yet the police went to the effort of obtaining and then serving a warrant. They had to have been expecting something more, because why take the trouble just to bust a guy for about half a cup of pot? Somewhere along the line, somebody involved with the case fucked up, and the sentence itself seems to wreak of disappointment from it.

Diamondjimi
12-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm just glad Phil is smoking pot...and not drinking!

He's the backbone of AC/DC....they never sounded right without him.....

Exactly,exactly!

Pot laws are the biggest fucking joke on the planet!

Phil is the backbone, for sure. Any doubters only need to see "Let there Be Rock- The Movie" ....

See: 3:30...
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EqRDAg8H9_Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0 x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EqRDAg8H9_Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0 x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PETE'S BROTHER
12-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Something isn't quite right about this story. For one thing, 27 grams is about 7 teaspoons, so it isn't even an ounce. Yet the police went to the effort of obtaining and then serving a warrant. They had to have been expecting something more, because why take the trouble just to bust a guy for about half a cup of pot? Somewhere along the line, somebody involved with the case fucked up, and the sentence itself seems to wreak of disappointment from it.

28 grams = one ounce

Jesus Christ
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Man made pills, My Dad made pot. Whom do ye trust? :jesuslol:

chefcraig
12-01-2010, 07:10 PM
28 grams = one ounce

Exactly, and this was less than an ounce. What sort of police department gets a warrant and searches a guy's boat, unless they suspect him of smuggling or distributing and plan on hitting a home run, making themselves famous in the process? It just doesn't add up.

sadaist
12-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Totally agree. Some guy on his own time & property wants to have a small private stash of weed. Not trafficking bails of the shit across state lines. Not standing on street corners selling it to children. Not loading up on pcp & taking out an elementary school. Just some dudes who wanna chill out when they have some down time. Big brother is everywhere and it's time that shit stops. Too many laws everywhere around the world telling us how to live. Fucking ridiculous.

Anonymous
12-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Man made pills, My Dad made pot. Whom do ye trust? :jesuslol:

You're making us choose trust between Man & your father?

Is that one of those wossnames, a "trees falling on top of people when no one's there to hear it" thing?

Cheers! :bottle:

Jesus Christ
12-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Count the numbers of they whom hath perished from use of pharmaceutical chemicals against those who hath overdosed on a plant created by Dad. I've been around for a long time, and I'm fairly sure the latter number is still "zero"

Seshmeister
12-01-2010, 08:17 PM
The 'natural' or as you call it 'created by dad' argument does lose some of it's strength when you remember that malaria kills around a million people a year.

Jesus Christ
12-01-2010, 08:33 PM
And as soon as you start smoking mosquitoes, that will be a relevant comparison.

Though I must admit, I don't remember why We created those damn things. :jesuslol:

ashstralia
12-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Though I must admit, I don't remember why We created those damn things. :jesuslol:

part of the food chain, big j. fish love 'em.

Dan
12-01-2010, 10:33 PM
That's What You Get For Having A Kiwi Salad In New Zealand.:D

And Yes,The Laws Suck Big Time Down Here.

Seshmeister
12-01-2010, 10:53 PM
On paper most places have similar laws, it's the enforcement in this case which is so bad.

ashstralia
12-02-2010, 04:52 AM
On paper most places have similar laws, it's the enforcement in this case which is so bad.

*cough* publicity *cough*

PETE'S BROTHER
12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
And as soon as you start smoking mosquitoes, that will be a relevant comparison.

can't......fuckin'.......keep.......the........win gs lit!!!:smoke2:

Golden AWe
12-12-2010, 02:55 AM
He should've shitted on the sideway instead...

lesfunk
12-12-2010, 02:58 AM
shitted?

Diamondjimi
12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Shat?

Blaze
12-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Count the numbers of they whom hath perished from use of pharmaceutical chemicals against those who hath overdosed on a plant created by Dad. I've been around for a long time, and I'm fairly sure the latter number is still "zero"

Oh so very incorrect.

Just because you like to get high, is no reason to become brainwashed and ignorant.
Shame on you Jesus!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A short list of plants that have killed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Plant/ Toxic Part / Symptoms and Comment

*Castor bean - Ricinus communis / Seeds / Burning sensation in mouth and throat. Two to four beans may cause death. Eight usually lethal. Death has occurred in U.S.

*Dieffenbachia (dumbcane) Caladium (elephant's ear), Philodendrons / All parts / Intense burning and irritation of mouth, tongue, lips. Death from
dieffenbachia has occurred when tissues at back of tongue swelled and blocked air passage to throat.

*Potato Solanum sp./ Vines, sprouts (green parts), green tubers, fruits. / Death has occurred from eating green parts. To prevent poisoning from unburned tubers, spoiled green spots should be removed before cooking. Discard spoiled potatoes

*Rhubarb Rheum sp. / Leaf blade / Several deaths from eating raw or cooked leaves. Abdominal pains, vomiting and convulsions a few hours after ingestion. Without treatment, death or permanent kidney damage may occur

*Oleander Nerium sp./ Leaves, branches, nectar of flowers / Extremely poisonous. Affects heart and digestive system. Has caused death even from meat roasted on its branches. A few leaves can kill a human being. Not hardy in Pacific Northwest

*Apple/ Seeds / If eaten in large quantity, can cause death. One man died after eating a cupful.

*Wild black cherry, chokecherries Prunus sp. / Leaves, pits / Poisoning and death have occurred in children who ate large amounts of berries without removing stones. Pits of seeds, foliage and bark contain HCN (prussic acid or cyanide). Others to beware of: several wild and cultivated cherries, peach, apricot and some almonds. But pits and leaves usually not eaten in enough quantity to do serious harm.

etc...

http://king.wsu.edu/gardening/documents/72PoisonousPlants.pdf

Fairwrning
12-12-2010, 02:55 PM
If I made $400 M last year..I would have gotten busted with a lot more than an ounce..:stoned-smiley:

Maybe it was $4 mil and 2.7 grams..the guy writing this was stoned..

Seshmeister
12-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Shat?

Shited?

Diamondjimi
12-12-2010, 03:38 PM
:biggrin:

Golden AWe
12-13-2010, 02:54 AM
I meant "sheatttaied"

Green Manalishi
01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Phil Rudd is to AC/DC what Charlie Watts is to the Stones . An outstanding yet perfectly understated time-keeper .

kwame k
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
I agree 100%

PETE'S BROTHER
01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
fuckin' drummers.

i'm just kiddin' kwame!!! i have no musical skills.....:o

kwame k
01-11-2011, 09:16 PM
You just officially made my shit list, bitch:fighting0030:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-11-2011, 09:29 PM