PDA

View Full Version : Had To Happen Someday - Judas Priest Is Calling It Quits

Hardrock69
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=05E3D999-903B-49F0-A8D2-C4A2431C9B2D

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking their very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST - one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, have announced this will be their final world tour!!

However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive EPITAPH tour - hitting all the major cities throughout the world they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting their world tour in Europe - we have just confirmed the following festivals for 2011 -

9th June Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden
11th June Sauna Festival, Finland
17th June Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
19th June Hellfest, Nantes, France
22nd June Gods of Metal Festival, Milan, Italy
25th June Graspop Festival, Belgium
23rd July HIgh Voltage Festival, London, UK
5th August Wacken Festival, Germany

Stay tuned as we announce more dates - information will be forthcoming soon - so start getting prepared to rock one final time with the incomparable JUDAS PRIEST!!

Download PRESS RELEASE

http://judaspriest.com/news/doc/Judas-Priest-Announce-Epitaph-Farewell-Tour-PRESS-RELEASE.pdf

Seshmeister
12-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Ticket sales must be getting slow...

sonrisa salvaje
12-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I am skeptical about this sticking given the wavering the Scorpions are now doing about their farewell.

Diamondjimi
12-07-2010, 06:09 PM
I am skeptical about this sticking given the wavering the Scorpions are now doing about their farewell.

You mean they're pulling a Ki$$?

Sad to see JP calling it a day. I think Halford's simply had enough...

Mr. Vengeance
12-07-2010, 06:46 PM
You mean they're pulling a Ki$$?

Sad to see JP calling it a day. I think Halford's simply had enough...

Maybe enough with Priest, but I just saw him open for Ozzy, and he seemed pretty energetic.

kwame k
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah....not buying this, either. Smells like a Who/Stones move.

Dave's Bitch
12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
well i sure hope this aint true

Matt White
12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Glenn Tipton is what? 65?

time to take up golf....they've nothing left to prove..............

Terry
12-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah....not buying this, either. Smells like a Who/Stones move.

Dunno about the Stones...did they ever make an explicit claim that any particular tour was going to be their last?

While I suppose it is a considerate thing for a band to announce they are undertaking a farewell tour, giving their fans notice that this will be their last chance to see them live, it smacks of douchebaggery/a ticket sales gimmick when it turns out not to be true. Not saying that JP are doing the latter, but we've all seen bands pull that stunt before.

Hadn't heard the Scorpions were making noises about possible live shows after their most recent, self-proclaimed "farewell" tour was concluded.

sonrisa salvaje
12-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Hadn't heard the Scorpions were making noises about possible live shows after their most recent, self-proclaimed "farewell" tour was concluded.

That is just it. They keep extending the dates much like Kiss did on their farewell tour. Ultimately, once they do wrap it up (1-2 years from now) they will start releasing the live dvds of their final performances and then will come
the unreleased tracks that they admittedly have been saving. Whether they actually do tour again remains to be seen.

I guess my point is that i really can't remember who the last band was that said they were doing a farewell tour and kept their word.

lesfunk
12-08-2010, 03:06 PM
After putting out brilliant albums like "Nostradamus"? How dare they!

Seshmeister
12-09-2010, 07:35 AM
I'm always reminded of the Status Quo farewell concert which about 80 000 people turned up to.

That was in 1984...

VanHalenFan5150
12-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah, they're getting up there... maybe they want some money, like i'm sure Edcoholic and Alcoholic do. If it lives up to its hype i'm sure they'll do great, but if not, who knows. Man, i'd like to see JP sometime. :D

Hardrock69
12-09-2010, 07:22 PM
They have had an amazing career. They all have there millions. If they hang it up, I will not complain. Saw them on the tour with Whitesnake in 2009. Rob was in amazingly good form vocally that night. Still has the potential to surprise me, even more so these days when my expectations are much lower than they used to be.

binnie
12-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Well, they have one hell of a legacy. Up there with the best.

However, the 'reunion' has been utterly, utterly disappointing - 'Angel of Retribution' lacked ambition, and 'Nostradamus' had WAY too much of it.

That being said, the 'farewell' tour of Europe is pathetic. One gig in the UK? Come on!

Hardrock69
12-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Since Rob got back with them, there has still been at least a couple of standout tracks on each album. They still are capable of writing superior songs. Just not all of them meet the standard.

Dave's Bitch
12-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I agree with Hardrock69,I mean Angel was just beautiful,and Prophecy, you gotta be crazy not to dig that.However, with an extensive back catalogue like Priests?,why bother recording new music.Cant remember the last gig i went to and shouted "Play something from the new album!!!!"

78/84 guy
12-12-2010, 12:52 AM
These guy's will be back !! It's in their blood. Roger and Pete are a perfect example of sticking around too long !! At least as The Who. They could have did a Page/Plant type of thing after John died but that wouldn't sell enough ticket's. So it has too be The Who. Roger's voice was also starting too go around John's death. Call it a day man. If you want to record some new song's go ahead and release a few single's here and there, but the touring has too stop. But then again AC/DC just pulled off a great tour. But brian always grunts his way through a show anyway.

BruinJer
12-17-2010, 03:17 PM
It's all Ozzy's fault, he started this "I'm retiring" crap... that was 15 fucking years ago....