PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Edwards dies

FORD
12-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Elizabeth Edwards dies

Elizabeth Edwards, the political wife whose public battle with breast cancer, coping with marital infidelity and continued advocacy for the downtrodden raised her profile above that of her husband, died Tuesday, WRAL News has learned.

Edwards, 61, died at her Chapel Hill home, where family and friends had gathered in recent days after doctors informed her that her cancer had spread and recommended that she not undergo further treatment.

Edwards was first diagnosed with cancer in the waning days of the 2004 presidential campaign, when her husband, then-U.S. Sen. John Edwards, was the Democratic nominee for vice president. The couple didn't disclose her illness until after the election.

The cancer went into remission after surgery and months of treatment, but it resurfaced in early 2007, as John Edwards was mounting a second run at the White House. The Edwardses agreed at the time that they wouldn't allow the cancer to derail his candidacy.

Because the cancer had moved into her bones, her doctors said at that time that it was no longer curable but could be treated.

Brilliant lawyer

The daughter of a decorated Navy pilot, Mary Elizabeth Anania spent her childhood at military bases in the U.S. and Japan. She met John Edwards while they both attended the University of North Carolina School of Law, and they married in 1977 during the same week they both took the bar exam.

Elizabeth Edwards dazzled her future husband and her classmates with her intelligence, humor, and grit. One classmate later recalled how she could stop a law professor cold after a 20-minute grilling on a case.

"The smartest lawyer I know is my wife, Elizabeth," John Edwards once said.

"From the time she was a toddler, she was extremely impassioned, blazingly intelligent," said her brother, Jay Anania, a New York film director.

After briefly living in Nashville, Tenn., the Edwardses moved to Raleigh to pursue their legal careers. While her husband built a name for himself as a successful personal-injury lawyer, Elizabeth Edwards first worked for the state Attorney General's Office before becoming a bankruptcy attorney.

They had two children, son Wade and daughter Cate.
Family tragedy

In 1996, Wade Edwards, who was 16 at the time, was killed in a wreck while driving from Raleigh to the family's beach house on Figure Eight Island, near Wilmington. To deal with her grief, Elizabeth Edwards retired from practicing law and withdrew from interacting with friends. Later, she found solace by spending countless hours in online bereavement chat rooms.

"Connections have enriched and sustained me; they have strengthened me by holding me up when I needed it, and they have strengthened me by letting me hold up my end when it was needed," she wrote in her 2006 memoir, "Saving Graces."

To fill the void left by Wade's death, the Edwardses decided to have more children, and Elizabeth delivered Emma Claire when she was 48 and Jack when she was 50.

"She loves being a mother. It's a role that she esteems more highly than any other, despite the fact that she is extremely active in other things," Anania once said.

She added the role of political wife in 1998, when John Edwards' decision to run against Republican U.S. Sen. Lauch Faircloth pulled the family into the public spotlight. His populist appeal and positive campaign propelled him to victory and took the family to Washington, D.C.
Cancer on campaign trail

John Edwards rose quickly through the national Democratic Party ranks, and in 2004, presidential nominee John Kerry named his as his running mate, putting Elizabeth and her young children on the campaign trail nationwide.

She drew high marks from reporters covering the election and from people attending campaign rallies for her intelligence and candor, according to news reports at the time. Yet, it was her revelation days after the Kerry-Edwards ticket lost in the November election that she had breast cancer that garnered her respect and an outpouring of support from across the country.

"Elizabeth is as strong a person as I've ever known. Together, our family will beat this," John Edwards said at the time.

Following the election loss and her cancer treatment, Elizabeth Edwards wrote "Saving Graces," the first of her two books on how she overcame adversity in her life.

"I had learned long ago that it was typically the most ordinary days that the careful pieces of life can break away and shatter," she wrote in the book.

John Edwards' affair

Within three months of John Edwards entering the 2008 presidential race, Elizabeth learned that her cancer had returned and had metastasized to her bones. Still, she refused to allow her husband to end his campaign, saying she felt fine and believed in his cause.

"We're always going to look for the silver lining. That's who we are as people," she said at the time.

By then, John Edwards was already having an extramarital affair with Rielle Hunter, who had been hired to produce promotional campaign videos. Elizabeth Edwards said in her second book, "Resilience," that she wanted him to end his campaign as soon as she learned of the affair to protect her family's privacy, but she stood by his side as he continued.

John Edwards didn't acknowledge the affair until August 2008, months after he dropped out of the presidential race. In January 2010, he admitted that he was the father of Hunter's daughter, who was born in February 2008.

The affair became tabloid fodder, and Elizabeth Edwards was alternately portrayed as the suffering wife or a schemer who hid the truth in an effort to win the White House.

The Edwardses separated in late 2009 after 32 years of marriage.

Health care advocate

Since the end of John Edwards' 2008 campaign, Elizabeth Edwards has kept a low-profile, serving as a fellow at the Center for American Progress, a progressive think tank in Washington, D.C., and making occasional speaking appearances to promote her books or advocate for health care issues.

She advised Barack Obama on health care issues during the later stages of his 2008 presidential campaign and testified before Congress during the months of debate the led to the passage of the national health care reform legislation in March.

Edwards used her own experience with cancer to show the need that every American have access to affordable health insurance and care.

"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered," Edwards wrote on her Facebook page Monday. "We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human.

"But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that, I am grateful."

Dr. Love
12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
John Edwards is a dirtbag. I hope he never holds political office anywhere ever again.

ELVIS
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
I thought she was already dead...

kwame k
12-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice there....Mr Compassionate:umm:

....and yes, fuck John Edwards! Had he waited to fuck around on her until she died, hell the mileage he could of gotten out of that! Damn, I'm jaded!

Nitro Express
12-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Newt Gingrich was banging other women when his wife was on her cancerous death bed. It's a common thing. My best friend's dad was banging his secretary while his wife was rotting from cancer. I bet millions of men around the world have done this.

Dr. Love
12-07-2010, 08:08 PM
And they're all dirtbags.

Nickdfresh
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
R.I.P.

...and yeah, John is a dirtbag. But don't forget the skank who hurled herself at him irregardless of his marriage. They're dirtbags too...

ThrillsNSpills
12-07-2010, 09:14 PM
And they're all dirtbags.

No doubt!
It's like what women and Gary Cherone say: A good man is hard to find. :)

sadaist
12-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Seemed like a nice lady. Sad to see her go out like this after the last few years of crap she went through.

sadaist
12-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Anyone have anything good to post that she did in her lifetime? Instead of bringing up what others have done bad?

Here's a good ole pwning.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ho9h-v_e20w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ho9h-v_e20w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sorry to bring Ann in, but she had her ass handed to her here & I thought it was funny...and uncomfortable.

Little Texan
12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
No doubt!
It's like what women and Gary Cherone say: A good man is hard to find. :)

Naw, Gary Cherone said "A hard man is good to find."

Little Texan
12-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Seemed like a nice lady. Sad to see her go out like this after the last few years of crap she went through.

Yeah, it's a shame that she had to put up with her POS husband's cheating while she in the midst of fighting cancer.

Nitro Express
12-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Naw, Gary Cherone said "A hard man is good to find."

An honest lawyer is hard to find.

ELVIS
12-08-2010, 12:32 AM
She was an ambulance chaser just like her corrupt husband...

Jesus Christ
12-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Gregory, where is thy compassion for your sister in Christ who hath died of a horrible illness? :(

Verily I say unto you that Elizabeth Edwards stepped into My kingdom this morning. The way you are going, ye may not........

ELVIS
12-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I didn't know 'faith in the power of resilience and hope" was a ticket in to the Kingdom...

sadaist
12-08-2010, 02:48 AM
She was an ambulance chaser just like her corrupt husband...

She was also "Mom". And those kids just lost theirs, far too early. As she also lost her son far too early. If she was a bad person with her deeds in life, she has more than paid for it with the events she suffered through (husband, son, media mudslinging,...) and the one she finally succumbed to. It's time for her to be able to rest in peace. She paid any dues she might have owed.

jacksmar
12-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Anyone have anything good to post that she did in her lifetime? Instead of bringing up what others have done bad?

Here's a good ole pwning.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ho9h-v_e20w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ho9h-v_e20w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sorry to bring Ann in, but she had her ass handed to her here & I thought it was funny...and uncomfortable.

Coulter: "I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,'" Coulter said.

Yeah right. The first lady wanna be uses Ann Coulter's joke to raise money and then uses the typical commie lib bullshit "for the children" line to ask Ms. Coulter to stop talking. A wanna be marries an ambulance chaser like John Edwards and got stepped on and stepped out on.

Coulter: "'Faggot isn't offensive to gays; it has nothing to do with gays," Coulter said on "Hannity and Colmes" Monday night. "It's a schoolyard taunt meaning 'wuss,' and unless you're telling me that John Edwards is gay, it was not applied to a gay person."

The sooner the 60’s commie libs die from their vegetarian bullshit nutrition and their stress induced self loathing the better.

By the way left wing jackasses, her fucking estate will be taxed at higher rate. You assholes are trying to take money from a dead wanna be first lady. The dirt isn’t even on her coffin and you assholes are trying to reach into her bank account. Your hypocrisy is so fucking obvious.:biggrin:

ELVIS
12-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Lmao!

ThrillsNSpills
12-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Gregory, where is thy compassion for your sister in Christ who hath died of a horrible illness? :(

She died of the treatments, not the illness.
Just like Swayze, Farrah, and all the people who didn't alkalize their bodies .
suzanne somers was pressured into deadly treatments, told them all to fuck off and cured herself by rebalancing her hormones.
Of course, if not, the media would have been reporting her death "from cancer"

Whether anybody wants to understand this or not doesn't stop it from being reality.

Seshmeister
12-08-2010, 10:19 AM
suzanne somers was pressured into deadly treatments, told them all to fuck off and cured herself by rebalancing her hormones.

Whether anybody wants to understand this or not doesn't stop it from being reality.

I STRONGLY advise you not to rely on the advice of a B list actress selling books when it comes to life threatening diseases.

A few things to consider apart from whether an actress knows more than the combined knowledge of the worlds oncologists.

a) She says she was misdiagnosed with something she calls 'full body cancer'. There is no such thing but more importantly if she was misdiagnosed then how did her treatment with the hormones cure something she didn't have???

b) She won't name the hospital where this so called misdiagnosis happened. Hey misdiagnoses happen but in this case maybe it didn't and she's perhaps a bit worried about being sued or at least her story being debunked. The symptoms she describes in the book were

I wake up. I can't breathe. I am choking, being strangled to death; it feels like there are two hands around my neck squeezing tighter and tighter. My body is covered head to toe with welts and a horrible rash: the itching and burning is unbearable.
The rash is in my ears, in my nose, in my vagina, on the bottoms of my feet, everywhere -- under my arms, my scalp, the back of my neck. Every single inch of my body is covered with welts except my face. I don't know why. I struggle to the telephone and call one of the doctors I trust. I start to tell him what is happening, and he stops me: "You are in danger. Go to the hospital right now." I knew it. I could feel that my breath was running out.

It's pretty fucking insulting that she thinks anyone might believe these are the symptoms of cancer. For fuck sake if anything happened at all it sounds like an allergy.

c) The actual treatment itself is basically to administer HRT and this is meant to cure most ailments even cancers. How come women on HRT still die all the time? How come every scientific study says it's bullshit and senseless.

d) The treatments don't work and can be dangerous.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/09/the_gonzalez_protocol_worse_than_useless.php

Please don't let you or your family be ripped off by these and all the other dirt scumfuck quacks that hover like stinking vultures preying on the desperation of people who are at their absolute weakest.

They lie and cheat to take your money.

Oh and did I remember to say fuck Oprah in her varying size of fat ass, the queen of fucking quacks and conmen.

ThrillsNSpills
12-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Always good to see you Sesh.

I could give a fuck if she was lying about all of it.
She's alive and productive by finding docs who cured it without conventional treatments.

Her doctors told her those were the symptoms of cancer so that would make them the insulting assholes, wouldn't it? Stop misrepresenting the facts.

Oh, and stop watching Oprah, she makes you angry. You can get some coumadin for that in a couple years.

Nickdfresh
12-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Here's for the unwashed, classless white trash having a circle jerk here:

Professional life

Elizabeth began her career as a law clerk for a federal judge, then moved to Nashville, Tennessee, in 1978 to become an associate at the law firm of Harwell Barr Martin & Sloan. In 1981, she and her husband moved their family to Raleigh, where she worked in the Office of the Attorney General, and at the law firm Merriman, Nicholls, and Crampton. She used her maiden name professionally until 1996,[14] when she retired from legal practice upon the death of her son and changed her name to Elizabeth Edwards. Much of her time since leaving legal practice was devoted to the administration of the Wade Edwards Foundation.[15] She taught legal writing as an adjunct instructor at the University of North Carolina School of Law and worked as a substitute teacher in the Wake County Public Schools. In August 2009, she opened a furniture store in Chapel Hill.[16]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Edwards

Nickdfresh
12-08-2010, 01:51 PM

Dude, seriously, is this something Tom Cruise told you?

http://pics.livejournal.com/lupychica/pic/00003e94

Seshmeister
12-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Always good to see you Sesh.

I could give a fuck if she was lying about all of it.

Think about your logic again.

If she was lying then she wasn't cured because she had nothing to cure.

You see?

BigBadBrian
12-09-2010, 07:39 AM

"rebalancing her hormones" = Voodoo Medicine, like going to a chiropractor

BigBadBrian
12-09-2010, 07:42 AM
The actual treatment itself is basically to administer HRT and this is meant to cure most ailments even cancers. How come women on HRT still die all the time? How come every scientific study says it's bullshit and senseless.

d) The treatments don't work and can be dangerous.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/09/the_gonzalez_protocol_worse_than_useless.php

Please don't let you or your family be ripped off by these and all the other dirt scumfuck quacks that hover like stinking vultures preying on the desperation of people who are at their absolute weakest.

They lie and cheat to take your money.

Oh and did I remember to say fuck Oprah in her varying size of fat ass, the queen of fucking quacks and conmen.

I must agree with Sesh on this...well said!

BigBadBrian
12-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Oh yeah....RIP Elizabeth

ThrillsNSpills
12-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Think about your logic again.

If she was lying then she wasn't cured because she had nothing to cure.

You see?

Two different circumstances.
If you want to think chemo is effective without reading anything that's fine.
Tell me how you're qualified to say anything other than twist facts and bring up Oprah for no reason.

ThrillsNSpills
12-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Fair enough, fuck the "B list actress".

Look up Otto Warburg or Lorraine Day or just talk out your asses.
Where has the war on cancer gotten us with these wonderful oncologists? Just watch how much worse it gets with all the genetically modified food, high fructose bullshit, and growth hormones.

78 percent of docs in Canada said they wouldn't get platinum based chemo if they got sick.
Cancer can't live in an alkaline environment. Do you all want to deny cause and effect nature of your thoughts, what you eat, etc. and rely on a doctor who poisons and burns your already compromised immune system.
You guys are smart in other areas, I'm just asking you to expand it to this one and learn something if you're capable of learning.
I do get the resistance though, I was the same way.

about half you guys got me through it when I got sick . I was there. 10 years ago I'd have agreed with Sesh. Who the fuck wouldn't?
now I know better and I'm trying to help you, since at least half will either learn it now or later. bottom line

ThrillsNSpills
12-09-2010, 08:46 AM

It's a tough debate brian because whatever the patient believes in 100 percent has the best chance or working.
However If you deny something that worked for someone else then that's ignorant, which is what I'm seeing a lot of here from people who know nothing about it, which is to be expected.

oh yeah RIP Liz

It's not an area where you can afford to talk in generalizations.

Seshmeister
12-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Damn those pesky facts. :)

The woman never had cancer and wasn't cured of anything by a treatment that doesn't work.

There is maybe a 1 in 3 chance you are ultimately going to die of cancer and if you want to refuse treatment or give money for a non treatment then that doesn't affect me at all. One day you'll just stop posting probably earlier than you would have.

The reason my post was so vociferous is not for you it's for the other 50 or 100 people that might read this thread and just may have been curious about this woman's lies. That and my pal died of cancer a few months ago and I'm a bit prickly at the moment at the thought of this cunt and her quack cunt friends conning people and worse than that actually preventing people getting proper treatment.

Fortunately despite this sick twisted miserable cunt fuck piece of retarded scum the US has some of the best cancer survival rates in the world.

Cheers!

FORD
12-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Nobody here believes in the use of natural medicine more than I, but I don't think it would have helped Elizabeth Edwards. Some cancers simply don't respond to treatment of any kind, whether natural or horrible poisons.

I did all the research on this alkaline balancing stuff a few years ago, when my friend Billy was fighting a rare cancer. His doctors had already given him a terminal diagnosis, and no chemotherapy was doing shit for him, including a few clinical trials. For all I know, adjusting his nutrition might have given him additional months or years, but it certainly did not cure him. New Years Day will be the third anniversary of his death. :(

If I ever have cancer myself, chemo would be the absolute LAST resort. I would try everything else first, and if chemo would accomplish nothing but prolonging the suffering, I probably wouldn't even bother. As it is, I only know one person who is a long term cancer survivor and in his case it was testicular, and he got zapped with radiation, but no chemo. That's some brutal shit too and was probably overkill in his case, since there was no indication it had spread anywhere else.

Unfortunately shit just fucking happens sometimes.

Seshmeister
12-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Chemo is fucking horrendous, I'm not saying it isn't.

You know what they call 'Natural medicine' that has been proven to work?

Medicine.

BigBadBrian
12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Fair enough, fuck the "B list actress".

Look up Otto Warburg or Lorraine Day ..........Cancer can't live in an alkaline environment.

Lorraine Day is a certified quack and the body's "normal" ph level over the long term is 7.35-7.45. Venture outside that small window for very long, cancer or not, and you're dead.

Nickdfresh
12-09-2010, 06:19 PM

I hate it when I agree with Brian, but he's 100% correct here. Sounds like fucking pulling out the Thetans© or probing with an E-monitor™...

Nickdfresh
12-09-2010, 06:27 PM
If only she had psychic surgery in the Philippines, she might still be here... :(

FORD
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Acid vs Alkaline balance is far more science than scientology. As I said before, it's not the solution every time, but it damn well is a factor.

Oddly enough, most of the acid producing foods are the shit you already know you shouldn't eat much of. Meat, dairy, refined carbohydrates, etc.

Seshmeister
12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Lorraine Day is a certified quack and the body's "normal" ph level over the long term is 7.35-7.45. Venture outside that small window for very long, cancer or not, and you're dead.

Almost. The odd thing about this quackery is that it treats the whole body as though we are a single liquid. I think what you meant to say was about blood ph levels.

Different parts of the body have different acidity. Eg. if your stomach wasn't acidic, around about ph 3 then you would also quickly die.

The slightly increased acidity of the blood in some people with cancer is a symptom not a cause.

sadaist
12-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Speaking of pH. When swimming & your eyes get really red & sore...it's NOT the chlorine levels, ever. It's the water pH being unbalanced. Too acidic or too alkaline. Has zero to do with too much chlorine. Off topic kinda, but thought I'd toss that in. I didn't know this until a few years ago when I started helping my brother on his pool route.

FORD
12-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Speaking of pH. When swimming & your eyes get really red & sore...it's NOT the chlorine levels, ever. It's the water pH being unbalanced. Too acidic or too alkaline. Has zero to do with too much chlorine. Off topic kinda, but thought I'd toss that in. I didn't know this until a few years ago when I started helping my brother on his pool route.

http://image.wistatutor.com/content/feed/tvcs/periodic_table.GIF
Chlorine (CL), in it's pure form is a gas, part of the "Halogen" group and is neither acid nor alkali in and of itself. However, combined with hydrogen it becomes acidic (your stomach contains Hydrochloric acid, for example).

This acidic nature is why chorinated water kills bacteria and germs and shit. It's also why I don't drink the shit that comes out of the faucet without filtering it first. Maybe I should test the PH of tap water vs filtered to see what the difference is. Obviously even the tap water would be less than what's in a pool or a hot tub.

Nickdfresh
12-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Acid vs Alkaline balance is far more science than scientology. As I said before, it's not the solution every time, but it damn well is a factor.

Oddly enough, most of the acid producing foods are the shit you already know you shouldn't eat much of. Meat, dairy, refined carbohydrates, etc.

Okay, so why do cancer cells--as opposed to regular cells--grow in an acidic environment?

FORD
12-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Another factor is oxygen levels in the tissue. Cancer cells do not grow in the presence of oxygen, and higher alkaline levels also mean more oxygen is present. So like I said, the PH balance is a definite factor, but not the whole story.

I think stress plays a part too. Elizabeth Edwards obviously had to deal with John fucking around on her, her son's death, and various political campaigns. My friend Bill developed his cancer not long after his divorce. Stress definitely has a negative effect on the immune system, so it could easily weaken the body's defenses in other ways.

Nickdfresh
12-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Another factor is oxygen levels in the tissue. Cancer cells do not grow in the presence of oxygen, and higher alkaline levels also mean more oxygen is present. So like I said, the PH balance is a definite factor, but not the whole story.

Fascinating hypothesis, but what is this based on? Are Tums or Rolaids antioxidants to cancer?

I think stress plays a part too...it could easily weaken the body's defenses in other ways.

Of course it does! Any stress, including extreme sports like Marathoning, triathlons, or cycling can also overload the immune system. Look at Lance Armstrong for example. He had testicular cancer far earlier than any man should...

Seshmeister
12-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Are you sure?

There was a kid in my year got testicular cancer at school.

I'm pretty sure testicular cancer is a young man's disease.

FORD
12-09-2010, 11:10 PM
The purpose of Tums or Rolaids isn't permanent alkalization of the tissues, it's temporary neutralization of acid in the stomach. Incidentally Altoids work just as well, if you don't have the others on hand. Actually, I was dealing with acid reflux a few years back and found that Altoids worked better than the other two.

Peppermint only, of course. I definitely would NOT use the cinnamon flavor for that purpose. Maybe the ginger flavor, if they still make those (haven't seen them in a while) since ginger is a known natural medicine for digestive problems. And since it's a tuber (root) it is also alkali. Go figure......

FORD
12-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Are you sure?

There was a kid in my year got testicular cancer at school.

I'm pretty sure testicular cancer is a young man's disease.

Yep. My friend who survived testicular cancer got it in his late 20's.

ELVIS
12-10-2010, 09:04 AM
The kind words John Edwards had to say regarding his wife's passing were so touching...

Seshmeister
12-10-2010, 09:26 AM
"Hey everyone check out my hair!"

ELVIS
12-10-2010, 09:33 AM
http://www.dailygut.com/CMS/DATA/Magazine1/i_feel_pretty_screen_shot.jpg

:biggrin:

ThrillsNSpills
12-10-2010, 10:30 AM

she was a trauma surgeon.
So she was a real doctor and you're calling her a quack. Why is that?

Seshmeister
12-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Are you joking, maybe because of everything she says and does now.

Look at her website, it's a world of woo.

Look at her CD titles.

1. What Must I Do to Be Healed?
The ONE-Step Plan to Getting Well
Miracle Healings: Who is behind them?
Can God’s Absolute Promise of Healing Be Trusted?

2. Healing in a Day: Better than Valium, More Effective than Prozac
How stress CAUSES disease
The disasters of Antidepressant Drugs
Finding Peace in a Troubled World

3. Disease and the Great Delusion
Why Cancer is a Blessing
The KEY to Overcoming Confusion
Your choice of treatment has Eternal Consequences

4. Cancer Cures and the Law of Gravity
Immutable Laws that govern our health
God’s way versus “man’s” way
Receiving God’s TRUE “Holy Spirit”
Handling health “advice” from family and friends

5. Cancer: Why Surgery is ALWAYS Necessary but NOT with a Surgeon’s Knife!
Why I must give up my right to myself
The POWER of Forgiveness
Are Doctors a Gift from God or “Agents of Death”?

BTW she would fucking hate this website. She's also a Neo Nazi sympathiser homophobe who detests Jewish people and says they secretly control medicine, Hollywood and everything else. She says that AIDS was created by the US military as part of a Jewish plot.

I'm getting depressed just reading the bile and bullshit from this witch.

Seshmeister
12-10-2010, 10:56 AM
More on her if anyone is interested.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/day.html

ThrillsNSpills
12-10-2010, 10:56 AM
she's alive Sesh. Take a deep breath my friend.

Try Otto Warburg, it's a hard read, but he won a Nobel prize..shoot his research down.

Seshmeister
12-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Are you seeing a pattern yet?

Woman claims to have cured herself of cancer.
Woman didn't actually have cancer
Woman brings out DVDs, books and videos selling cure for cancer

Seshmeister
12-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Nobody here believes in the use of natural medicine more than I

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g9f-6jygRJk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x946 1ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g9f-6jygRJk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x946 1ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

The Slow Loris.

These little animals are almost extinct because they are hunted for their eyes which are used in alternative 'medicines'

jhale667
12-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Good god, that thing is cute! :lmao:

Seshmeister
12-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Leave the slow loris eyes where they are meant to be, in the slow loris!

And tickle them too, they seem to like that...

jhale667
12-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Leave the slow loris eyes where they are meant to be, in the slow loris!

And tickle them too, they seem to like that...

What he said. Tickle the cute animals.

chefcraig
12-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Are you seeing a pattern yet?

Woman claims to have cured herself of cancer.
Woman didn't actually have cancer
Woman brings out DVDs, books and videos selling cure for cancer

In an alternate universe (or if he had been thinking more clearly), this could have been the Edward Van Halen business plan earlier in the decade.

FORD
12-13-2010, 01:11 PM
My version of natural medicine is usually plant based. No need for monkey eyes, or powdered rhino horns, or anything like that.

chefcraig
12-13-2010, 01:27 PM
My version of natural medicine is usually plant based. No need for monkey eyes, or powdered rhino horns, or anything like that.

Yeah, that Mandrake Root pretty much covers everything from prosperity to virility.

Seshmeister
12-13-2010, 05:23 PM

Aspirin comes from tree bark but it has been scientifically proven to work so isn't described as a 'natural' 'medicine'.

ELVIS
12-13-2010, 05:32 PM
All sorts of medicines are derived from plants...

Sesh, you act like if it's not made by a big pharma company and approved by big brother, it's useless...

Seshmeister
12-13-2010, 05:39 PM
No it's useless if it can't be proved to work.

ThrillsNSpills
12-13-2010, 06:01 PM

FORD
12-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Guess you missed my earlier example of Tamiflu being made from Chinese Star Anise.

Big Pharma will tell you their drugs work, but they won't tell you that some of these drugs come natural sources.

Aspirin is fine the way it is, because let's face it, I'd rather take a pill than chew tree bark. But then, aspirin is inexpensive because it was created long before the greedy pharmacuetical industry (as we now know it) existed. If aspirin had been invented today, it would probably be a patented $10 a pill drug too. And you would never know that the active ingredient came from a tree.

Big Pharma has been helping to bankroll the suppression of marijuana for decades while at the same time trying to synthesize fake cannabinoids, or trying to extract the real thing from the plant and repackage it in a pill. Of course the labratory product Marinol doesn't work nearly as well as the good old green buds do, but you'll never hear them admit it.

Nickdfresh
12-13-2010, 07:08 PM

Try Otto Warburg, it's a hard read, but he won a Nobel prize..shoot his research down.

You didn't cite his research, you cited the research of a delusional ne0nazi cuntbag--with a completely undiscerning straight face? or are we out for a troll?

Nickdfresh
12-13-2010, 07:08 PM

You didn't cite his research, you cited the research of a delusional ne0nazi cuntbag--with a completely undiscerning straight face? or are we out for a troll?

I think I'd sooner trust the Dr. of Love, Gene $immon$ to cure my cancer first...

ELVIS
12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
No it's useless if it can't be proved to work.

prove to me that the H1N1 vaccine works...

And where's this big "pandemic" we were told, I mean, lied to about ??

FORD
12-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I think I'd sooner trust the Dr. of Love, Gene $immon$ to cure my cancer first...

Didn't seem to help Eric Carr much :(

Seshmeister
12-13-2010, 09:28 PM
prove to me that the H1N1 vaccine works...

And where's this big "pandemic" we were told, I mean, lied to about ??

The pandemic didn't happen for various reasons which were in another thread, mainly that the danger of the flu strain wasn't as bad as it seemed when the Mexicans first reported it.

A few things. You better be fucking sure of your facts if you want to start risking peoples lives by not vaccinating. Fucking Baywatch actresses and retired geologists aren't cutting it. Secondly it seems this month the woo woo people are after flu vaccines. I would like to think that means they will be shutting the fuck up about MMR and autism after the dozens of studies but I'm not confident. These morons are anti all vaccines and just move from one to another as they continually lose the scientific argument.

Also as was quite rightly said earlier these vaccines are really really cheap. $10 a shot or less so as an insurance policy it's rash not to take them. They are also as close as it matters to being safe, millions administered with no proven serious side effects.

I still don't know how you ended up in this anti vaccine cult but it is the worst of the dumb conspiracy groups because it directly kills children. Kids are starting to die again of measles and TB because of this madness and it's this anti vaccine bullshit that causes it.

It's shameful behaviour and I would want any nurse partaking in it to be sacked.

Baby's On Fire
12-13-2010, 10:38 PM

I think stress plays a part too. Elizabeth Edwards obviously had to deal with John fucking around on her, her son's death, and various political campaigns. My friend Bill developed his cancer not long after his divorce. Stress definitely has a negative effect on the immune system, so it could easily weaken the body's defenses in other ways.

Her breast cancer -- as in the case of most breast cancer -- was a result of unchecked hormonal levels resulting in mutations of cellular DNA....all easily prevented of course, but not in this age of drug-company corruption and stranglehold and the collususion by the press spreading the bullshit.......In any event....all cancer is easily 90 percent + avoidable.........Fuck it...that's another conversation where GOOGLE morons like Sesh will make idiots of themselves regurgitating uneducated horsehsit trying to sound informed, educated and intelligent and failiung miserably.....More importantly. Why does the press make Liz Edwards out to be a saint????? She seemed like a bitter, slef-righteous cunt to me.

FORD
12-14-2010, 12:27 AM
More importantly. Why does the press make Liz Edwards out to be a saint????? She seemed like a bitter, slef-righteous cunt to me.

Well, you would certainly know what a bitter self righteous cunt sounds like, but I never got that impression from Elizabeth Edwards. Not that I ever met her in person or anything, but she used to post over at Democratic Underground back during the 2004 campaign, and she always seemed like a genuinely decent human being to me.

BigBadBrian
12-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Her breast cancer -- as in the case of most breast cancer -- was a result of unchecked hormonal levels resulting in mutations of cellular DNA....all easily prevented of course,

Go home...your village is missing its idiot. :biggrin:

Seshmeister
12-14-2010, 10:10 AM
In any event....all cancer is easily 90 percent + avoidable.........Fuck it...that's another conversation where GOOGLE morons like Sesh will make idiots of themselves regurgitating uneducated horsehsit trying to sound informed, educated and intelligent and failiung miserably....

:lmao:

FORD
12-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Maybe those are the Canadian spellings? :lmao:

ELVIS
12-14-2010, 07:49 PM
What's this thread aboot again ??