PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Logic Express 9?

VAiN
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Hey guys, I made the jump from GarageBand to Logic Express 9 and was wondering if anyone here uses it. I'll be laying down guitar and bass parts by plugging into the Mac and I hope to use Logic to build some beats. If anyone has any advice/tips they will be greatly appreciated - this looks complicated!

jhale667
01-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I have a similar problem with the version of Reason that came with my Pro Tools package...kinda baffles me. :umm:

VAiN
01-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it's pretty damn intimidating... I'm gonna keep messing with it and see if I can make sense of it... if not, it's back to using loops. Ever use beats from Beta Monkey? http://www.betamonkeymusic.com/Libraries.html I bought a few sets and am pretty happy with the quality and the sound.

jhale667
01-02-2011, 12:19 AM
I've never used them, no - but will check them out. Thanks! :baaa:

Nitro Express
01-02-2011, 12:39 AM
I read Kieth Richards book and he cracked me up when he said Charlie and him can't convince Mick you don't need a studio anymore. Keith said you can do it just like they did with Exile on Main Street but with computers you don't need the big ass van now. You can do it with a laptop, some microphones, and an interface.

Diamondjimi
01-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I have a similar problem with the version of Reason that came with my Pro Tools package...kinda baffles me. :umm:

Reason's basically a loop machine. I've been looking into buying Addictive Drums software. It comes with a boatload of factory beats and fills.
But the main thing I like is that I can write and modify beats in MIDI. A.D.is the shizzle.