PDA

View Full Version : Well Behaved Tyre

Seshmeister
01-10-2011, 08:00 AM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fooox6hbjzM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fooox6hbjzM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

chefcraig
01-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Cool, but this one is better trained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGqS5n05Q1o

Seshmeister
01-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Hah just came here to post your clip... :)

Seshmeister
01-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Had a blow out at 60 mph on Friday so looking around for a new tyre.

I'm getting very confused about how you spell it.

Seshmeister
01-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Ah just checked and the correct spelling is tyre although apparently Americans and Canadians spell it wrongly as tire.

CROWBAR
01-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Ah just checked and the correct spelling is tyre although apparently Americans and Canadians spell it wrongly as tire.

Correct spelling? According to what dictionary? You won't find it spelled that way in an American dictionary. You guys spell a lot of words differently. Whilst? What the hell does that mean?

chefcraig
01-10-2011, 08:53 AM

Just do what most morons do here in South Florida: Put the little donut spare on, then drive around as if it were a real tire. Even though they are designed to merely get you to a repair shop and will wear out after roughly seven miles, why let logic stop you? I mean seriously, what's the worst that could happen?

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3718/carburningfireonfirefla.jpg (http://img200.imageshack.us/i/carburningfireonfirefla.jpg/)

Seshmeister
01-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I've been doing that for 2 days already. :D

$170 is the cheapest quote so far though, it's painful...

Seshmeister
01-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Correct spelling? According to what dictionary? You won't find it spelled that way in an American dictionary. You guys spell a lot of words differently. Whilst? What the hell does that mean?

:biggrin:

VAiN
01-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Just do what most morons do here in South Florida: Put the little donut spare on, then drive around as if it were a real tire. Even though they are designed to merely get you to a repair shop and will wear out after roughly seven miles, why let logic stop you? I mean seriously, what's the worst that could happen?

No kidding man... It drives me nuts to see these morons whipping by me on 95 with the donut wheel on... How dumb can you be??

CROWBAR
01-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey, can I get a set of ti-REES Earl?

:hee:

Little Texan
01-10-2011, 02:35 PM

I had a blowout on my truck last night while going over to my mom's house. Good thing it was on a desolate country road way out in the sticks, because I couldn't pull over in the ditch as it was soaked by rain and snow, and luckily the tire that blew out was on the driver's (left side in the States) side. Not one car passed by while I was there 30 minutes waiting for my brother to show up with a jack and lug wrench.

Little Texan
01-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Has anyone priced a new set of tires lately? They are BEYOND ridiculous! I guess I'll be buying a used tire for a replacement until I can afford a new set.

FORD
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I had a blowout on my truck last night while going over to my mom's house. Good thing it was on a desolate country road way out in the sticks, because I couldn't pull over in the ditch as it was soaked by rain and snow, and luckily the tire that blew out was on the driver's (left side in the States) side. Not one car passed by while I was there 30 minutes waiting for my brother to show up with a jack and lug wrench.

Sounds a lot like something that happened to me a few years back. I was on my way to Canada and going about 75-80 through a semi-mountainous area just south of Bellingham. Heard a noise that at first sounded like a helicopter flying over head, then I noticed the road seemed rougher than usual. Put two and two together and realized my left front tire was blown out. No room to attempt a pulloff to the left shoulder - extremely narrow and beyond that a long drop straight down. No way to change lanes with a shit load of 18 wheelers in the right lane. Had no choice but to keep going on three good tires. Probably at least 3 miles like that before I could change lanes and safely pull off the right shoulder. And even then I didn't have enough room to get around the front and swap the dead tire out for the spare "donut" until a state patrolman happened to drive by and lean his car out into traffic behind me, forcing traffic out of the right lane.

Fortunately my sister lived in Bellingham at the time and she was able to look up the directions to the nearest tire shop for me so I didn't have to drive too far on the donut or in the mega-stressed condition I was in after that incident.

Unfortunately for me, my sister is a born again Christian, which means she didn't have any booze or weed for me when I was done getting the new tires installed. Could have used some chemical help chilling out that night. :headlights:

Seshmeister
01-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Has anyone priced a new set of tires lately? They are BEYOND ridiculous! I guess I'll be buying a used tire for a replacement until I can afford a new set.

Here at least it seems to vary hugely if you shop around enough.

twonabomber
01-11-2011, 06:30 AM

last time i bought tires, i spent $830...

on TWO tires.

19 inch rears, Pilot Sport PS2's.