PDA

View Full Version : Beer drinkers have the right idea

Nitro Express
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I was just driving around and heard on the radio one of our local breweries has expanded all over two states due to demand. In this area we grow some of the world's best barley and there are huge malting plants that supply the big breweries. Several small micro breweries have set up shop but one is taking this whole region by storm because of demand.

Then I heard on the national news a local beer in St. Louis is all the rage and selling well. It's not Anheuser Bush which locals now view as a foreign owned brand. It's a new micro brew brand.

I read the news and see how large established corporations are selling us out and often think, why do we do business with these companies? We should boycott them and run them out of business. At least run them out of business in this country.

Seshmeister
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Anheuser Bush are a horrendous organisation.

One of the worst.

So bad even I now boycott them and I'm usually all talk. :)

FORD
01-19-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't even need to boycott. It's true that I'm opposed to the politics of Coors and Anheuser Busch, but even more so, I just hate their shitty products.

I can't say I always drink microbrews from Washington State, but 99% of them are from the west coast at least. So at least I'm supporting a regional economy, if not strictly local. :gulp:

Nitro Express
01-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I don't even need to boycott. It's true that I'm opposed to the politics of Coors and Anheuser Busch, but even more so, I just hate their shitty products.

I can't say I always drink microbrews from Washington State, but 99% of them are from the west coast at least. So at least I'm supporting a regional economy, if not strictly local. :gulp:

I'm tired of poor quality across the board. Hey, if China wants to modernize then fine, all the better but why does it have to be at my expense? If they would just pay their people better they could buy their own products and support their own economy.