PDA

View Full Version : Last night of Countdown w/Keith Obermann

Carloscda
01-21-2011, 08:59 PM
But yet all that crap on fox exists??!!

Dr. Love
01-21-2011, 09:03 PM
I was flipping through the channels and just caught that ending. What happened?

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2011, 09:05 PM
He announced tonight was his last show.... NBC is either terminating his contract or is not renewing it, don't know the current status of it....

Not coincidentally, the Comcast acquisition of NBC Universal just took effect a few days ago.....

FORD
01-21-2011, 09:06 PM
First casualty of the Comca$t takeover, which just got the green light from the corporate corrupted FCC yesterday.

After their blatant denials that they would do anything to change the NBC news division.

Fucking lying cocksucking sons of bitches.

Unchainme
01-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm being dead serious here...I get the feeling Fox may make a move for him...

Don't know if he'd take the cash, but everyone has their price.

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2011, 09:31 PM

Know this, Keith Olbermann is no Alan Colmes....

My money is on CNN.....

Unchainme
01-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Know this, Keith Olbermann is no Alan Colmes....

My money is on CNN.....

Why it would be great hire by them.

Think of him and O'Reilly squaring off, knowing that the two can't stand each other.

The other thing I believe Fox could offer him, is a gig w/ FOX Sports. Dude loves baseball, and would love to cover the World Series.

...which could add that he could anchor at MLB network.

Dr. Love
01-21-2011, 09:35 PM
MSNBC announced Friday night that its marquee "Countdown" anchor and talk show host Keith Olbermann was out. The network did not provide a reason for his abrupt departure.

"MSNBC and Keith Olbermann have ended their contract. The last broadcast of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" will be this evening. MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors," NBC Universal said in a statement.

Olbermann and his bosses have clashed in recent months. He was suspended in November for two days after revelations that he gave donations to a Democratic political candidate, which was a violation of the company's ethics policies for news employees.

um ok

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/01/keith-olbermann-abruptly-departs-msnbc-.html

Dr. Love
01-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Liberal TV talkmeister Keith Olbermann quit his job at MSNBC last night, a few weeks after he was suspended by the cable network for making political donations.

MSNBC confirmed Olbermann was leaving in a terse statement issued minutes after he announced his departure on the air during his "Countdown" show.

"MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors," the network said.

Olbermann was yanked off the air in November after reporters uncovered his donations to the campaigns of two Democratic Congressional candidates in Arizona and one in Kentucky.

Management said the donations violated company policy, especially since Olbermann didn't disclose them.

Olbermann returned to the air weeks later in his prime time 8 to 9 p.m. slot.

He is known for tormenting conservatives, especially former-President Bush.

For months, Olbermann signed off his show by reminding viewers of the number of days since Bush declared "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/01/21/2011-01-21_keith_olbermann_leaves_msnbc_friday_is_final_co untdown_with_keith_olbermann_for_.html#ixzz1BjBYsv y0

So... did he quit?

Dr. Love
01-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Keith Olbermann is leaving MSNBC, the "Countdown" host announced on his show Friday night.

The liberal commentator said he had been told "this was going to be the last edition" of his show but offered no further details.

The cable news network confirmed the news in a statement Friday night.

"MSNBC and Keith Olbermann have ended their contract. The last broadcast
of "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" will be this evening. MSNBC thanks
Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in
his future endeavors."

Olbermann announced his departure at the end of his show Friday night in his typical deadpan style, evoking scenes from the film "Network" and thanking viewers for keeping him on the air for six years.

"In the mundane world television goodbyes, reality is laughably uncooperative," Olbermann said, launching into a story about his exit from ESPN 13 years ago.

"As God as my witness, in the commercial break just before the emotional moment, the producer got into my earpiece and he said, 'um, can you cut it down to 15 seconds so we get in this tennis result from Stuttgart,'" he said, half-smiling, pausing for composure.

"So I'm grateful I have a little more time to sign off here. Regardless this is the last edition of Countdown."

wut??

Va Beach VH Fan
01-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Why it would be great hire by them.

Think of him and O'Reilly squaring off, knowing that the two can't stand each other.

The other thing I believe Fox could offer him, is a gig w/ FOX Sports. Dude loves baseball, and would love to cover the World Series.

...which could add that he could anchor at MLB network.

It's fairly simple, because FOX doesn't want anyone chipping away at their machine, which is basically what it has become, to their credit....

Their last liberal, Colmes, was a puppet for Hannity.... Olbermann won't get close to FOX....

sadaist
01-21-2011, 10:11 PM

I doubt it. I don't think Keith would be able to cash a FOX paycheck and look any of his fans in the eye ever again.

Carloscda
01-21-2011, 10:12 PM
<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc78ada9" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=41201922&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc78ada9" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=41201922&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

ELVIS
01-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I was flipping through the channels and just caught that ending. What happened?

Can't hang with the big boys...

chefcraig
01-21-2011, 10:28 PM

Right, according to AP (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5imlpgDcvVf_NPbQpmfJfqepDwB3Q?docId=9814a2984 bd64ff890d1fc63ff9ca66b), he only had the network's highest rated show.

ELVIS
01-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, he pussied out for some reason...

ELVIS
01-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Right, according to AP (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5imlpgDcvVf_NPbQpmfJfqepDwB3Q?docId=9814a2984 bd64ff890d1fc63ff9ca66b), he only had the network's highest rated show.

That's not saying much anyway...

Dr. Love
01-21-2011, 10:33 PM

He seemed pretty big to me when he moved out from behind the desk...

ELVIS
01-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Gaydar!!!

FORD
01-21-2011, 11:01 PM

Wouldn't be the first time MSNBC pulled that. Back in 2002, the network overall was considerably much farther to the right than their recent evening lineup would suggest. Phil Donahue was the token Liberal at the time, and his program - which blatantly called out the BCE/PNAC push for war in Iraq as the bullshit it was - was the highest rated on the network. They replaced him with hatemonger Michael Savage Weiner, whose own show was cancelled within a month after he called a gay caller a "Sodomite" and told him to "eat a sausage and die of AIDS".

sadaist
01-22-2011, 12:21 AM

I am the highest rated Roth Army poster currently residing in my house as well.

So yeah...I'm kinda a big deal around here.

SunisinuS
01-22-2011, 12:24 AM
I am the highest rated Roth Army poster currently residing in my house as well.

So yeah...I'm kinda a big deal around here.

Ditto.

IMHO Keith was long overdue for a change. You can only Jack Kerouac for so long just because it feels good. We will see his heart or we won't. Conan or ala not.....he just got fired. Deal with it.

Little Texan
01-22-2011, 12:32 AM

SunisinuS
01-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Lol Sweet!

Nitro Express
01-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Wouldn't be the first time MSNBC pulled that. Back in 2002, the network overall was considerably much farther to the right than their recent evening lineup would suggest. Phil Donahue was the token Liberal at the time, and his program - which blatantly called out the BCE/PNAC push for war in Iraq as the bullshit it was - was the highest rated on the network. They replaced him with hatemonger Michael Savage Weiner, whose own show was cancelled within a month after he called a gay caller a "Sodomite" and told him to "eat a sausage and die of AIDS".

Yeah but what we need to realize is these cable channels seek money period. The Discovery Channel started off to be a science channel but now it shows biker trash families yelling at each other and fishing boat captains dying. MTV once showed music videos. In the quest for higher ratings they change and fuck with things.

It's all what the focus groups and ratings indicate and how the marketing department interprets things. If they don't pull in the ratings, something else is tried. Currently polarization seems to pull ratings instead of being neutral so you have Olberman and O'Riley going at it like a bunch of pro wrestlers. That's about the IQ level and the mindset on these shows. They toss higher educated people like Rachel Maddow and Gretta Van Susteren on to hopefully buy some credability which in my opinion are the only two worth watching at all.

Nitro Express
01-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Olberman's ratings tanked after Obama took office. What Olberman had going for him is he was a funny as hell Bush basher. Once those guys were out of the office he had no funny targets to go after and he just started to sound like a biter, liberal blowhard.

Every time a new president comes in, that's going to fuck with the television dynamic. Bush was fair game to wipe your ass with. He was the dumb, spoiled rich kid. If you wipe your ass with Obama you will possibly be called a racist and plus, Obama is on the same team and Bush was not. Plus, Obama is boring. Bush fucked up in so many funny ways he was better material source.

Carloscda
01-22-2011, 03:48 AM
I'll take a boring, intellectual President & First Lady that actually cares about getting this country out of this mess vs some self-centered only care about you if you're lining their pockets, blatantly lieing assholes any day!!

And it wouldn't matter what color nationality they were!!

bueno bob
01-22-2011, 01:50 PM
First casualty of the Comca$t takeover, which just got the green light from the corporate corrupted FCC yesterday.

After their blatant denials that they would do anything to change the NBC news division.

Fucking lying cocksucking sons of bitches.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, they're laying me off in April. :)

Little Texan
01-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Link (http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/22/keith-olbermann-msnbc-countdown-comcast-cable-news-network-nbc-universal-secret-deal/)

Keith Olbermann's Exit -- Secret Deal

1/22/2011 10:00 AM PST by TMZ Staff

Keith Olbermann saw the handwriting on the wall with the new owner of NBC and cut a deal for his exit that will give him money and options -- sources tell TMZ.

0122_keith_olbermann_getty_ex3
Here's how it went down. Sources familiar with the situation tell us that Olbermann's agent recently went to NBC complaining that Keith -- who has the most popular show on MSNBC -- was underpaid at $7 million per year. NBC execs told Olbermann's agent they would not cough up anymore money.

Network execs were well aware that Comcast wanted Keith gone because he was "a loose cannon that could not be controlled." It became clear to both sides that Olbermann's days were numbered and they began negotiating an exit.

We're told the exit deal wasn't completed until just before airtime Friday night.

Under the deal, sources say Olbermann will get money but cannot appear on television for a certain period time -- we don't know how long.

Our sources say Olbermann will, however, reappear soon with a presence on the Internet.

FORD
01-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, they're laying me off in April. :)

Why the Hell would Comca$t lay off the Dark Lord of the Sith. Seems to me you would be a perfect fit for the evil empire of media?

bueno bob
01-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Why the Hell would Comca$t lay off the Dark Lord of the Sith. Seems to me you would be a perfect fit for the evil empire of media?

So you'd think, right? Basically they're streamlining the location in order to get it more in line with the rest of the locations across the U.S. (or so we're told - I secretly suspect Mr. Roberts is pushing for $75 million this year in bonuses as opposed to his $45 million last year, but what do I know?). I have til April 5th to find another position within the company (which, believe it or not, I actually have to apply for and then interview for), but...well, the open prospects aren't anything that sounds exactly supa-cool, per se. The best shot I've got so far is for inbound sales, and that's a tough market...either you maintain a sales quota or out the door you go, no questions asked...I'm going to apply for it, but I'm not going to shed any tears if I don't get it.

I do have a pretty decent goodbye present waiting for me if all else fails...and I guess it's never really TOO late to pursue a career as a rock star, right?

chefcraig
01-22-2011, 07:50 PM
The best shot I've got so far is for inbound sales, and that's a tough market...either you maintain a sales quota or out the door you go, no questions asked...I'm going to apply for it, but I'm not going to shed any tears if I don't get it.

Sweet Jesus, do some research on the details of this "opportunity" first, bob. About the last thing you'll want to find yourself doing in this economy is working off of a draw. YIKES!

Nitro Express
01-23-2011, 03:27 AM
Keith wasn't pulling it in the ratings.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

Maddow has stolen Kieth's fire and O'Donnell has him beat as well. Guess who gets Kieth's spot? O'Donnell. The network saw him as an old asset and dumped him. Not uncommon.

Dr. Love
01-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I can't stand Maddow anymore. She sounds like she is whining constantly, and when she's not whining, she sounds like she's bitching.

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Cough.

I hate to break it to you but your dumb ass hero will not be allowed back on TV for some time. So sad.

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Sources tell us ... Olbermann was due for two salary hikes during the last two years of his contract, which would have netted him just over $17 million. The exit deal, we're told, gives Keith much more than $7 million, though our sources would not be more specific.
From TMZ.

And we're told ... Olbermann agreed as part of his exit deal not to do television, but our sources say he'll be benched for less than 4 1/2 months. Conan O'Brien had to sit out twice that amount of time.

And speaking of Conan, we're told attorney Patty Glaser, who negotiated Conan's exit from the same network, did the heavy lifting for Keith, along with his agent and manager. We're told negotiations for the exit went on for seven weeks

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Cough.

I hate to break it to you but your dumb ass hero will not be allowed back on TV for some time. So sad.

It all depends upon the length and specified nature of the non-compete clause in his contract, which prevents employees from going directly to a competitor. This can be anywhere from a week to a year, according to whatever he agreed to. For instance, Paul Junior of OCC (American Chopper on Discovery) could not start a motorcycle business for the length of one full business year when he left the company. In some cases, the contract can also specify that a former employee can not even discuss employment with another company, as part of the clause. As a result, you won't be seeing Olbermann appearing on (for instance) Letterman, because CBS has a news division and Olbermann would be opening himself up to a law suit for breach of contract.

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Who cares about Olbermann ??

kwame k
01-24-2011, 02:57 PM
I guess people who liked his show, who else?

FORD
01-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Who cares about Olbermann ??

Anyone who appreciated someone actually speaking the truth on a TV News show. Such a rare thing in recent years. Even more so now :(

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Anyone who appreciated someone actually speaking the truth on a TV News show. Such a rare thing in recent years. Even more so now :(

http://olbermannwatch.com/

Some including me do not agree. :biggrin:

fifth element
01-24-2011, 03:13 PM
So... did he quit?

I believe that Olbermann and hiss "bosses" at MSNBC have had increacing difficulties since the death of his father...
perhaps there were issues about the time he took off then,
as they have continued to "cut back" in the role he plays,
including eliminating his NBC Sunday Night Football Anchor role that he had previously done, working 6 days a week to do so, I might add...

I don't know that there were issues between him and the admin at MSNBC, but it would certainly seem so

I will miss his show

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I dont't think he could "quit" and still get paid. They fired him. He got the boot. Thrown out on the street. Had the hammer dropped on him. Let the door hit him in the ass.

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
I dont't think he could "quit" and still get paid. They fired him. He got the boot. Thrown out on the street. Had the hammer dropped on him. Let the door hit him in the ass.

Not exactly. His agent went to NBC, asking for more money. NBC said no, so a compromise was reached: Olbermann would quit, and the network agreed it was time for him to leave. Was he forced out? Depends upon how you look at it, and if your name happens to be Keith Olbermann. But by all reports, the decision was mutual.

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/302352

Guy was a spin doctor. He fabricated shit just to make his ratings go up. Pure crap most of the time. Just one case and point listed at the link above. How can someone watch that and not think the guy is a complete dumb ass?

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
I never watched the show more than maybe twice...

Been watching some youtube clips...

He's ok I suppose...

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 03:29 PM

Guy was a spin doctor. He fabricated shit just to make his ratings go up. Pure crap most of the time. Just one case and point listed at the link above. How can someone watch that and not think the guy eas a complete dumb ass?

LMAO!

Maybe I spoke to soon...:biggrin:

Gun metaphors...:mad2:

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
LMAO!

Maybe I spoke to soon...:biggrin:

Gun metaphors...:mad2:

He is a dork! He let that show go to his head so far that he thought just becasue he said it it was true.

Wait a minute. .......... Never mind he is a Democrat. They all do that.

FORD
01-24-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxmPjB0WSs

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Let me do some more bashing.

Olbermann sees conspiracies
In a broadcast after the FBI made an arrest of four terror suspects for plot to attack JFK International Airport and plant explosives to blow up major jet-fuel supply tanks and pipelines,[7] Olbermann charged the Bush adminstration with conspiracy. JFK handles, on average, over 1,000 flights daily. The plotters were assisted by an international network of Muslim extremists from the United States, Guyana, and Caribbean, including senior leadership of Jamaat Al Muslimeen ("JAM"), which was responsible for a deadly coup attempt in Trinidad in 1990. In Olbermann's mind:

“ the so-called plot happens to be revealed the day before the second Democratic presidential debate and, as the scandal continues to unfold over the firings of U.S. attorneys and their replacements by political hacks. The so-called plot is announced by the Bush-appointed U.S. attorney for Brooklyn, New York, and by the police chief of New York City, the father of a correspondent for Fox News Channel." Olbermann further theorized that President Bush was "fomenting yet another war...a new Cold War with Russia, possibly to obscure the unending nightmare in Iraq. [8] ”

Matthew Felling of CBS News noted in the same piece, "Hammering away at things that aren’t there – or barely there – is a surefire way to dilute your message."

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Sounds like Glenn Beckkk's liberal counterpart...

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 03:39 PM

Yeah no shit. Both are insane.

FORD
01-24-2011, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbWw23XwO5o

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 03:44 PM

Guy was a spin doctor. He fabricated shit just to make his ratings go up. Pure crap most of the time. Just one case and point listed at the link above. How can someone watch that and not think the guy is a complete dumb ass?

Really? The one thing that stands out to me in that article is the Michael Krebs that wrote it didn't bother listening to the clip he included. Olbermann does not "blame Republicans for Tucson shooting" in the clip, he instead calls for a reasoned acceptance for responsible behavior of both political parties. At no point does he single out the entire Tea Party or the entire Republican Party for what took place in Arizona, yet in fact takes to task those that happen to use jargon composed of violent imagery that could be interpreted as a call to violence, including the media, and in particular, Olbermann himself. And that makes him a dumbass?

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 03:44 PM
I blame cartoons...

:biggrin:

FORD
01-24-2011, 03:45 PM

Not even remotely close. BecKKK rambles on about conspiracies that exist only in his drug addled head. Keith speaks the truth about what is actually happening to this country.

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Really? The one thing that stands out to me in that article is the Michael Krebs that wrote it didn't bother listening to the clip he included. Olbermann does not "blame Republicans for Tucson shooting" in the clip, he instead calls for a reasoned acceptance for responsible behavior of both political parties. At no point does he single out the entire Tea Party or the entire Republican Party for what took place in Arizona, yet in fact takes to task those that happen to use jargon composed of violent imagery that could be interpreted as a call to violence, including the media, and in particular, Olbermann himself. And that makes him a dumbass?

Yes it does, because none of that bullshit was even a remote factor in the shooting...

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Not even remotely close. BecKKK rambles on about conspiracies that exist only in his drug addled head. Keith speaks the truth about what is actually happening to this country.

Is that right ??

LMAO!

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Yes it does, because none of that bullshit was even a remote factor in the shooting...

Who said that it was? Asking people and politicians to put an end to this sort of thing before it does provoke another tragedy is simply common sense.

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 03:56 PM

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Who said that it was? Asking people and politicians to put an end to this sort of thing before it does provoke another tragedy is simply common sense.

What sort of thing ??

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 03:59 PM
I think ALL of these over paid talking heads need to be hit in the face with a big flaming bag of shit. Now that would be great television and I might even tune in for it. :biggrin:

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 03:59 PM
What sort of thing ??

Pay attention ELVIS, and try to keep up: Jargon composed of violent imagery.

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 04:00 PM

The guy flys off the with rants that are just that, rants ,with little or no basis in fact. That's his MO. So yes. That makes him a dumb ass. I think they guy got caught up in his line of bull shit and got lost in it. He hates Republicans so bad he would say anything even it were a complete lie in order to get HIS message across.

ELVIS
Pay attention ELVIS, and try to keep up: Jargon composed of violent imagery.

Such as ??

FORD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7s4Nd3_8E

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 04:01 PM

But chef. There is no evidence that politics had enything to do with this nut case. In fact the evidence points the other way.

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 04:04 PM
The guy flys off the with rants that are just that, rants ,with little or no basis in fact. That's his MO. So yes. That makes him a dumb ass. I think they guy got caught up in his line of bull shit and got lost in it. He hates Republicans so bad he would say anything even it were a complete lie in order to get HIS message across.

I agree, he most certainly does at times. But not in the clip the author included in the article you linked.

But chef. There is no evidence that politics had enything to do with this nut case. In fact the evidence points the other way.

Jag, No kidding, did you read what I wrote? Here it is again...

Who can predict what an unstable person listening to this nonsense could do?

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 04:05 PM
:elvis:

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 04:06 PM
I agree, he most certainly does at times. But not in the clip the author included in the article you linked.

Such as ??

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 04:07 PM

Olbermans's style has always been to make fun of people and tear them down.. He did this when he was a local sports reporter.

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 04:11 PM

You're kidding right ???

An unstable person might listen to Bon Jovi and get violent...

Your argument has no basis in reality...

Now bring my the grilled cheese sandwich appetizers you talked me out of...

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Olberman has always been a cocky, look how clever I am type of broadcaster. He hunts for train wrecks, shows them to us, and makes fun of the situation and if he doesn't like the person, he rubs some salt into the wounds.

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 04:13 PM

I guess you are saying it could provoke a tragedy. I guess so. Hell anything could provoke one. I think the Victoria Secret commercials are more likely to provoke a tragedy that a few poiliticians running there mouths. :biggrin:

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 04:14 PM
You're kidding right ???

An unstable person might listen to Bon Jovi and get violent...

Your argument has no basis in reality...

Right. And people blow up abortion clinics or Russian airports not because they have heard of and believe in some sort of rhetoric or ideology, but because its a way to kill a pleasant afternoon.

Leave me alone, ELVIS. I'm trying to get dinner out.

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Ok. Here's my solution. Let's ban all movies, music, and games that have a rating beyond the equivalent of a G rating. Rock and roll is dangerous especially stuff from Motorhead that talk about killing people. Let's ban it all and only listen to church hymms.

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Or better yet, let's remove the eyes and damage the ears of every citizen. They might see or hear something that may drive them to do something dangerous. So let's remove the problem of sight and hearing.

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
My crosshairs are on liberal nut jobs that cook for a living and just wanna make nice...:biggrin:

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Right. And people blow up abortion clinics or Russian airports not because they have heard of and believe in some sort of rhetoric or ideology, but because its a way to kill a pleasant afternoon.

Leave me alone, ELVIS. I'm trying to get dinner out.

:lmao:

sadaist
01-24-2011, 04:30 PM

Share? I'll buy the pitcher of Coke. Fuck, when was the last time you had a nice pitcher full of fizzy ice cold Coke? We used to get those at the local pizza spot. It fit right on the side of the Galaga cocktail arcade game. With room to spare for 2 cups and a row of quarters on the glass. Cool 80's music playing on the jukebox, and cars out front that had real engines and no air bags or alarms. I miss that. (Sorry...rant. Grilled cheeses take me back)

I never watched Countdown really either. Probably a total of 6 or 7 times. I forced myself to because I felt it was important to actually watch before I criticized, and also I wanted to see the extreme left point of views on the subjects. Was hard to stomach because all he does is complain, whine, and talk bad about his competitors in the news biz. The actual point of views I could deal with because you can argue & debate with someone point by point. But the hate this guy spewed, I don't like that game.

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 04:30 PM
So everyone. How does this make you feel?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FtruQK3WQFo/TOu5HU5HEVI/AAAAAAAACwM/MozbbO8tBLE/s1600/s6.jpg

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Like i'm looking at a slut ??

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Share? I'll buy the pitcher of Coke. Fuck, when was the last time you had a nice pitcher full of fizzy ice cold Coke? We used to get those at the local pizza spot. It fit right on the side of the Galaga cocktail arcade game. With room to spare for 2 cups and a row of quarters on the glass. Cool 80's music playing on the jukebox, and cars out front that had real engines and no air bags or alarms. I miss that. (Sorry...rant. Grilled cheeses take me back)

I never watched Countdown really either. Probably a total of 6 or 7 times. I forced myself to because I felt it was important to actually watch before I criticized, and also I wanted to see the extreme left point of views on the subjects. Was hard to stomach because all he does is complain, whine, and talk bad about his competitors in the news biz. The actual point of views I could deal with because you can argue & debate with someone point by point. But the hate this guy spewed, I don't like that game.

Yeah, but isn't liberal hate the good kind ??

BTW, my 2010 Challenger has a real engine and air bags...

:elvis:

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Like i'm looking at a slut ??

jargon composed of violent imagery :biggrin:

I don't think she looks like a slut. Sluts don't have wings at least none that I have ever seen. That may be my fault though. :(

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
That certainly don' peep like an angel. ya'll is mad stupid...

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM

what?

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 04:59 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FtruQK3WQFo/TOu5HU5HEVI/AAAAAAAACwM/MozbbO8tBLE/s1600/s6.jpg

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 05:05 PM

They had Galaga at the country club I worked at. I mastered that game. I can smell the burgers and fries and the suntan lotion. Short tennis dresses and cute lifeguards all us greens keepers and caddys wanted to bang. Ah the 80's!

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Kieth Olberman kind of looks like a professor who taught a production management class I had to take in college. I sat next to this tall hotter than shit redhead. When he would walk around and lecture he couldn't hide the fact he thought she was hot and wanted some of dat. He was this arrogant know it all type who wasn't particularly friendly but when he talked to her and assisted her on a project he would get all happy and giddy. P-Whipped he was but then she would P-Whip us all.

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2011, 05:09 PM
They had Galaga at the country club I worked at. I mastered that game. I can smell the burgers and fries and the suntan lotion. Short tennis dresses and cute lifeguards all us greens keepers and caddys wanted to bang. Ah the 80's!

i think we've all seen caddyshack

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I was working at a country club when caddy shack came out. We loved it. I had just advanced to adjusting the blades on the greens mower and they were going to trust me doing greens which is a big fucking deal. But yeah, the flaky doctors wives. The show off wannabe physical therapist that thinks he's an MD. The little Bernie Maddoff types pimping the latest ponzi scheme. The pharmacutical and insurance sales people. Their cute daughter we wanted to fuck and the whole disfunctional less than glamorous underworld of it all. Oh, and enjoying all the booze you could steal.

Nitro Express
01-24-2011, 05:18 PM
The horn ball tennis pro. My goal as a kid was to be a ski bum in the winter and be the horn ball tennis pro during the summer fucking MILF's. Then get away in the fall to do some surfing in Hawaii before ski season kicked in.

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 05:33 PM

Satan
01-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Depends on what you mean by "angel". There are some on my payroll who look like that. They also go by the name "succubus" http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d065.gif

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Someone really should thank me for my skillfull and tastefull derailing of this thread. :biggrin:

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 05:45 PM
What was it about anyway ??

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 05:45 PM

Jagermeister
01-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Satan
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM

Some guy who wasn't afraid to speak the truth. And speaking on behalf of all the evildoers in the world, Hell knows that's the last thing we need. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 05:55 PM
That liberal crap isn't truth...

Satan
01-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Mr. Presley you know as well as I do, that if everybody were Liberals, I'd have a hard time paying the bills here in Hell, because there would be no new residents. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Riiight...

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2011, 06:36 PM
i like bras

PETE'S BROTHER
01-24-2011, 06:37 PM
i like bras

and the things in 'em

Dr. Love
01-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Are her legs hairy?? They look hairy. Gross.

ELVIS
01-24-2011, 10:52 PM
LMAO!!!