PDA

View Full Version : Well I Never Been to Tampa...

hideyoursheep
01-24-2011, 09:16 AM
....But I been to Chillicothe:biggrin:

Anything to do down there? Anyone recommend any good restaurants? Strip clubs? :biggrin:

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Try a Google search for Mons Venus, on North Dale Mabry. It's been a few years, but the joint was legendary. While you are at it, check out Bern's Steak House. Outstanding beef, and surprisingly reasonably priced for the quality.

hideyoursheep
01-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Sounds good...thanks chef C.:baaa:

Now about those strip clubs...

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Mons is a strip club, friend. :baaa:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3672/monsr.jpg (http://img703.imageshack.us/i/monsr.jpg/)

hideyoursheep
01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice!

Ill be down around the third week of March..all this snow..I need a break.

hideyoursheep
01-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I should roll down to Miami a couple days in between just to fuck off.

chefcraig
01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I should roll down to Miami a couple days in between just to fuck off.

Just remember, the seasonal rates will still be in effect, even though the winter season should be ending about that time in March.

kwame k
01-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Nice!

Ill be down around the third week of March..all this snow..I need a break.

I hear that.......16 out and snowing, add the wind chill and your snot freezes in your nose as soon as you step outside.

Oh, and we still have another month or so of this weather!

VAiN
01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Try a Google search for Mons Venus, on North Dale Mabry. It's been a few years, but the joint was legendary.

You beat me to it, Chef! Yes, DO check out Mons... I was there shortly before it got raided a few years back, but I assume it's still fan-fucking-tastic... Be warned - they don't serve booze, so you need to pre-load at the titty bar next door...

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time with Miami... it's a shithole and the parts that aren't are extremely over-rated and over-priced. With only about an extra hour or 2 of seat-time you can be in the upper keys. Hit this place ---> http://www.holidayisle.com/ The legendary Tiki Bar... you won't regret it. You dont have to stay on the grounds, there are a ton of small hotels within walking/cab distance for half the price!

sadaist
01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Is Jai Alai played much still down in FL? That is some serious game-play. Wouldn't mind catching a match sometime.

VAiN
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Is Jai Alai played much still down in FL? That is some serious game-play. Wouldn't mind catching a match sometime.

Believe it or not, there's still one spot left down here.. Dania Jai-Alai... it's about 1000 years old, but they're still whipping that ball around...

VanHalenFan5150
01-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Sure it is!

hideyoursheep
01-25-2011, 08:06 AM
If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time with Miami... it's a shithole and the parts that aren't are extremely over-rated and over-priced. With only about an extra hour or 2 of seat-time you can be in the upper keys. Hit this place ---> http://www.holidayisle.com/ The legendary Tiki Bar... you won't regret it. You dont have to stay on the grounds, there are a ton of small hotels within walking/cab distance for half the price!

But I heard there were beautiful Cuban girls with big round butts walking around on the beach down there! True or not?

Will there be anyone on the beach in late March?

The keys..I've never been there either. I guess it will depend on the drive time from Tampa AND rather or not I get distracted if I make it down that far.
Any more suggestions I'm all ears..just don't try and lead me into some ghetto...please.

VanHalenFan5150
01-25-2011, 08:17 AM
The Keys aren't worth your time. It's just a bunch of fags and animals on their own preserves, respectively.

hideyoursheep
01-25-2011, 08:19 AM
It wiil be nice to get some seafood from someplace that isn't called Joe's Crab Shack or Red Lobster. you know?:hee:

hideyoursheep
01-25-2011, 08:21 AM
The Keys aren't worth your time. It's just a bunch of fags and animals on their own preserves, respectively.

Ha! Sounds like the internet! lol!

chefcraig
01-25-2011, 08:51 AM

Umm...no. There are dozens of great restaurants, parks, bars and fishing opportunities in the Keys. The "fags" referred by to VanHalenFan5150 show up for Fantasy Fest, which takes place once a year in October. This is also a fun event, similar to New Orleans Mardis Gras. Don't let the opinions of a world traveler who isn't old enough to drive yet turn you off from a terrific place to visit, hys.

VAiN
01-25-2011, 09:51 AM
But I heard there were beautiful Cuban girls with big round butts walking around on the beach down there! True or not?

Will there be anyone on the beach in late March?

The keys..I've never been there either. I guess it will depend on the drive time from Tampa AND rather or not I get distracted if I make it down that far.
Any more suggestions I'm all ears..just don't try and lead me into some ghetto...please.

No doubt the women on South Beach are fucking hot... lots of hot latin ass... but it's really not worth having to put up with the area, it's a small pocket of expensive yuppie plastic-fake niceness surround by mega-ghetto... Oh, and just about nobody speaks English.

As much as I dislike living here, I will say that S.Florida has no shortage of hot ass. It's everywhere. And yes, the beaches will be slammed in late March...

Tampa to the upper Keys is probably about 6 hour drive, but IMO, if you've never been it's worth the effort. I feel it's the best of S.Florida... If you're a seafood lover you'll be in heaven.

Fort Lauderdale is a decent option if you want to check out the East coast... it's about 4 hours from Tampa, has a great beach and lots of good eatin & drinkin... it even comes with a guide - Me.

hideyoursheep
01-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Umm...no. There are dozens of great restaurants, parks, bars and fishing opportunities in the Keys. The "fags" referred by to VanHalenFan5150 show up for Fantasy Fest, which takes place once a year in October. This is also a fun event, similar to New Orleans Mardis Gras. Don't let the opinions of a world traveler who isn't old enough to drive yet turn you off from a terrific place to visit, hys.

You have always seemed reasonable and I trust your opinions, chefc.

hideyoursheep
01-25-2011, 10:18 AM
No doubt the women on South Beach are fucking hot... lots of hot latin ass... but it's really not worth having to put up with the area, it's a small pocket of expensive yuppie plastic-fake niceness surround by mega-ghetto... Oh, and just about nobody speaks English.

As much as I dislike living here, I will say that S.Florida has no shortage of hot ass. It's everywhere. And yes, the beaches will be slammed in late March...

Tampa to the upper Keys is probably about 6 hour drive, but IMO, if you've never been it's worth the effort. I feel it's the best of S.Florida... If you're a seafood lover you'll be in heaven.

Fort Lauderdale is a decent option if you want to check out the East coast... it's about 4 hours from Tampa, has a great beach and lots of good eatin & drinkin... it even comes with a guide - Me.

I'll take you up on that one, VAiN.

Funny how we up here consider where you are down there a vacation spot, while you who live there dislike it. You'd rather be there right now, trust me.

Well, back to freezing my ass off..

Jagermeister
01-25-2011, 10:27 AM

They keys rock. One of my favorite places on earth. If you cant have a good time down there something is worng with you. Go when its damn hot like July or August. Thats the end of the "tourist season". Much less crowded. I have never been to fag fest but I have heard it's a blast also.

ELVIS
01-25-2011, 10:30 AM

That's somewhat true but you sound like you're slamming the place...it's not that bad at all...

What's wrong, your Miami cop bf break up with you ??

:biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2011, 10:42 AM
It wiil be nice to get some seafood from someplace that isn't called Joe's Crab Shack or Red Lobster. you know?:hee:

my pops always talks about the seafood at, islamarada?

chefcraig
01-25-2011, 11:02 AM
my pops always talks about the seafood at, islamarada?

Islamorada is a handful of islands incorporated into a township. There is a load of great places to eat there, but it is also home to the absurdly overpriced Islamorada Fish Company chain of restaurants. Put it this way, if you travel to the Keys to eat at IFC, it's pretty much like traveling to Epcot to get a glimpse of the real Norway.

ELVIS
01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
How 'bout KFC ??

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2011, 11:06 AM
gonna sound naive here, do they have the long pier way out in the water to eat at and catch the sunset. (probably described 60 % of the spots down there)

Jagermeister
01-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Islamorada is a handful of islands incorporated into a township. There is a load of great places to eat there, but it is also home to the absurdly overpriced Islamorada Fish Company chain of restaurants. Put it this way, if you travel to the Keys to eat at IFC, it's pretty much like traveling to Epcot to get a glimpse of the real Norway.

No shit. That place fucking sucks.

VAiN
01-25-2011, 11:34 AM
What's wrong, your Miami cop bf break up with you ??

No, he got shot..

VAiN
01-25-2011, 11:40 AM
gonna sound naive here, do they have the long pier way out in the water to eat at and catch the sunset. (probably described 60 % of the spots down there)

Yep, that's the place... but like Chef mentioned, there are MANY better places... it's very much geared for the tourist... while you're there you can pick up a nice 'FLORIDA KEYS' T-shirt :biggrin:

One of the best places in that area, IMO, is the Fish House, right about at mile marker 101.... The stuffed Snapper is the shit!! I always stop there on my way home... One the way down, I always swing through Alabama Jack's on Cardsound Road, just after Florida City... it's kind of tucked away, but a fantastic old Florida style place, complete with live country country music from the 'Miami Cardsound Machine' and line dancing! A must see!

ELVIS
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
No, he got shot..

Miami Vice!

PETE'S BROTHER
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
How 'bout KFC ??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110125/ts_yblog_thelookout/attorneys-question-whether-what-taco-bell-calls-beef-is-actually-beef

VanHalenFan5150
01-25-2011, 07:52 PM
I've been through the whole state before plenty of times on road trips, and it seems to me that Tampa/St. Pete greater area is really beautiful. The beaches are really nice, the women are attractive, the food is really good, and the vibe is really neat. Plus there are a lot of great acts that come through Tampa, at the Ray Jay Stadium, 1800 Ask Gary (formerly Ford) Amphitheater, Van Wezel, Asolo Performing Arts Center, etc. Plus the local music scene around here is really active and flourishing, you can hear a lot of great music at clubs and everything. There's a little bit of everything for everybody. Can't forget the guitar stores... :hee:

EDIT: There's this family owned restaurant chain in Manatee County and parts of Hillsborough I think, it's called Popi's Place. There's about 6-7 of them around the county. It's this Italian themed family diner that has more than just excellent food. Their service is really superior. As far as restaurants in the Tampa/St. Pete area go, i'm not too familiar, but there is a Brazillian steakhouse that I went to with family friends. They have all kinds of red meat there. :)

ELVIS
01-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Emu ??

hideyoursheep
02-02-2011, 07:03 AM
I hear that.......16 out and snowing, add the wind chill and your snot freezes in your nose as soon as you step outside.

Oh, and we still have another month or so of this weather!

Rain. Freezing rain. Ice storms. Thunderstorms. More snow. Temperatures in the teens.

And that's just the past 24 hours!! You risk your life just driving around in this mess. It's been brutal.
:pullinghair:

kwame k
02-02-2011, 11:37 AM
....and sadly, I'm out of booze! RED ALERT! Shields up!

Seshmeister
02-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Prepare the saucer for separation!

hambon4lif
02-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Rain. Freezing rain. Ice storms. Thunderstorms. More snow. Temperatures in the teens.

And that's just the past 24 hours!! You risk your life just driving around in this mess. It's been brutal.
:pullinghair:Out here in Cheap Trick country we got almost 2 feet of snow with 8 foot drifts. I decided to fire up the snowmobile and go balls out terrorizing the neighborhood, which really pissed off the old guy that lives across the street. He came out screaming "HEY BON JOVI!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY YARD!!!!".
I should've ran the old bastard over.

Tonight it's going to be minus 10 degrees, which means my girlfriend will want to snuggle, which always results in insertion, so I'm cool with that.

Mother Nature may be acting like a real cunt right now, but I think I'm making the best of the situation.

Terry
02-02-2011, 08:11 PM
....But I been to Chillicothe:biggrin:

Anything to do down there? Anyone recommend any good restaurants? Strip clubs? :biggrin:

After Mon's Venus, take a cab down to the corner of Hillsborough Ave and Nebraska Ave. More crack whores there than you could shake a fist full of twenties at.

Pick one of 'em up and take her to Berns. Now THAT would be an evening to remember...or forget...

btw/ agreed 100% with VAin; fuck Miami.

High Life Man
02-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I agree, though Miami was kinda lame. But not this place. Fair prices, a bunch of hotass bartendresses. I stumbled out of there about 4am. Good times.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/teds-hideaway-miami-beach

And I'm with hambone. A shitload of snow today. 4 hours worth of shoveling/snowblowing. Miami don't sound so bad right about now.

ODShowtime
02-07-2011, 07:03 PM
After Mon's Venus, take a cab down to the corner of Hillsborough Ave and Nebraska Ave. More crack whores there than you could shake a fist full of twenties at.

Nah they're all up on Fletcher now...

hideyoursheep
02-21-2011, 08:08 AM
take a cab down to the corner of Hillsborough Ave and Nebraska Ave. More crack whores there than you could shake a fist full of twenties at.

Pick one of 'em up .... Now THAT would be an evening to remember...or forget...

btw/ agreed 100% with VAin; fuck Miami.

Now if it were crack whores I were after, I could stay home....and I'd only need to shake a five....but who needs an STD from some 70lb. uber-skank with lip blisters and only 7 teeth?

I'll put Mons and a few Mom and Pop joints on my itenerary for right now.

But Miami beach sounds awful tempting...at least for a day.

hideyoursheep
02-21-2011, 08:24 AM
HEY!

I can catch a Reds spring game!!:)

VanHalenFan5150
02-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Yep! The Pittsburgh Pirates train in downtown Bradenton, not a far drive from where I live. I've got tickets to two games, Pirates vs. Blue Jays on March 6th, and Pirates vs. Rays on March 27th. Should be fun, we go to games with family and friends and it's a birthday treat of mine every year. :D

hideyoursheep
02-21-2011, 08:58 AM
The timing will be great...Just before Opening Day.

Hopefully they can get past the Phillies this time.:pullinghair:

hideyoursheep
03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
HEY!

I can catch a Reds spring game!!:)

NOT!!

They moved it to AZ.:(

PETE'S BROTHER
03-02-2011, 06:40 PM
c'mon over :baaa:

hideyoursheep
03-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Holy fuck....:happy0065::smoke::trafficlight::drive::ha ppy0068::smiley-sniffer::rolleye0018::stoned-smiley::rockit::rockon::bigboobs::boobs::sex::erec tion::beers8::lookie:

:snore:

I got sidetracked...almost didn't wanna leave. You ppl down there...got it made. :baaa: