PDA

View Full Version : Holy krap! Big 4 us tour dates announced tomorrow morning!

Hardrock69
01-24-2011, 11:18 PM
http://www.facebook.com/TheBig4

FUCKING HELL!
http://i56.tinypic.com/znoi12.jpg

sadaist
01-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Holy fuck dude!

Closest I ever came was the Clash Of The Titans tour

Megadeth
Slayer
Anthrax
Testament

But replacing Testament with Metallica? That's what I've always dreamt about. Especially after seeing them all jam on Am I Evil? OMG I can't wait to see this.

FUCK YOU LARS! Can't embed the officially pro-shot version anymore. I know that little twinkle toes tennis player had something to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlH-5aAHSYs&feature=related

sadaist
01-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Why is Metallicas name the largest, the background a Metallica background, and "The Big 4" written in Metallica lettering?

They wouldn't be thinking they are bigger than the other 3 now would they? It's the big 4...not the kinda big 3 and Metallica.

Again, I blame Lars for this. If I ever meet him I'm gonna try real hard not to punch his giant forehead.

Hardrock69
01-25-2011, 12:15 AM
Dammit. Hope I have enough cash. Thing is, between this tour and possibly VH, there are going to be some tours seriously competing for the average ticket-buyer's dollar this year, due to the economy.

sadaist
01-25-2011, 05:08 AM
This is really great & will sell out everywhere it goes. I am so glad Dave Ellefson & Joey Belladonna are back with their bands. It wouldn't feel like the Big 4 without them. Now if Mustaine could get back Nick Menza & Marty Friedman, I'd be happier than a pig in shit.

I hope they do something like the YouTube clip where they all jammed 1 song at the same time. EPIC!

May have to dust off my old steel toed Doc Martens for the show.

binnie
01-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Got tickets for Sonisphere in the UK to see this. Can't fucking wait.

The performances from all four bands on the DVD that came out last year were all incredible. Having seen all four bands over the last few years, it's going to be close. Anthrax are the one's to watch here: chronically underated live and on record. Possible show stealers?

binnie
01-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Why is Metallicas name the largest, the background a Metallica background, and "The Big 4" written in Metallica lettering?

They wouldn't be thinking they are bigger than the other 3 now would they? It's the big 4...not the kinda big 3 and Metallica.

Again, I blame Lars for this. If I ever meet him I'm gonna try real hard not to punch his giant forehead.

The other bands will have agreed to this. I was surprised to read Mustaine speaking last year about how he happily let Slayer get billed above Megadeth - it seems everyone is just happy to be doing it.

Given that Metallica sell WAY more tickets than the other three combined, it makes business sense to lay it out like that.

Seshmeister
01-25-2011, 07:58 AM
The byline should be "FOUR BANDS - 1 KEY"

ELVIS
01-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Slayer will mop the floor with the other three...especially Metallica...

VanHalenFan5150
01-25-2011, 08:22 AM
I will definitely get tickets.... :D

kissfan1976
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
It's just going to be one show in California.

ace diamond
01-25-2011, 02:30 PM
i'm fucking going!

sadaist
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
It's just going to be one show in California.

Weird. Over in Indio at the same place they have the Burning Man festival I think. Kinda lame. I'd much rather a stadium where I can get an actual elevated seat in lodge section. Can actually see great that way. These open field shows are kinda lame cause you can hardly see the show and are constantly being pushed & shoved all over the place. And general admission on an open field is a young mans game. If I were still 19 I'd be all over it and pushing for as close to the stage as possible. At 39 I just want to watch the show & enjoy the tunes. Plenty of empty stadiums in Southern CA. Rose Bowl would have been great. Dodger Stadium even better. Qualcomm stadium the best.

Even San Bernardino where the US Fest was would have been better than Indio. Ozzfest is held there. Cool spot for a show.

sadaist
01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Should have been at least 4 shows...So CA, East coast, Texas, Midwest. Too many fans are going to miss out on this.

And the So CA should have been closer to LA for people from around the country to fly in and see the show. Now they have to fly to LAX and then drive 2+ hours.

Hardrock69
01-25-2011, 04:35 PM
WHAT A LOAD OF FUCKING SHIT! :mad:

Just now checked this out.

Motherfuckers. Like everyone who wants to see this can fly out to the fucking desert in Cali.

:mad:

sadaist
01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
For everyone who rags on Kirk Hammett (me included), watch this.

HOLY SHIT!

THIS is what dude is capable of. (Especially at the end...damn, motherfucker is just shredding so good)

Is it just me, or does James kinda sing like a castrato in this song? Either way, fucking great performance.

sadaist
01-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Slayer will mop the floor with the other three...especially Metallica...

Ah, it's just who you love the most that will win. For me it would be Megadeth. A bad set from them is better than a great set from Slayer imo. Metallica will PWN on anything they play from the first 3 albums. Anything else is time to run to the concession stands for more beers or a Megadeth t-shirt.

I wonder if Ace will bring his homemade party liquor...........

Mr. Vengeance
01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah..some fucking TOUR!!! Hahaha

lesfunk
01-25-2011, 09:45 PM
I've seen 3 of those bands and wouldn't pay a fucking nickel to see any or all of them again

ace diamond
01-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Ah, it's just who you love the most that will win. For me it would be Megadeth. A bad set from them is better than a great set from Slayer imo. Metallica will PWN on anything they play from the first 3 albums. Anything else is time to run to the concession stands for more beers or a Megadeth t-shirt.

I wonder if Ace will bring his homemade party liquor...........

no. jim and i haven't had the chance to procure the necessary supplies for another batch of mead. it would never be ready in time.
not enough time to age it properly.

btw, everybody........MOTORHEAD KICKED FUCKING ASS TONIGHT!!!
MY FUCKING EARS ARE RINGING PRETTY LOUD SOMETHING FIERCE.

lemmy ruined my fucking hearing!

binnie
01-26-2011, 08:11 AM
There must be scheduling issues here - this is such a coulld dollar spinner I can't imagine why they wouldn't tour it in America unless they couldn't.

Shame.

sadaist
01-26-2011, 02:57 PM
There must be scheduling issues here - this is such a coulld dollar spinner I can't imagine why they wouldn't tour it in America unless they couldn't.

Shame.

Could it be a combination test show / teaser?

If everything works great and it sells out, no riots, bands get along, HUGE interest, rake in oodles of cash, etc... Then they decide to do a 10 show stint in the spring or even take it out in the summer?

It might be that the bands make more money when they do their own headline tours rather than merging together. Does Megadeth make more touring as a headliner or as a part of this? It might be a huge paycut, but they should just swallow it and take the hit because this type of exposure is incredible.

The whole point of touring is to get more people in to your band right? Sell more albums, shirts, and get a legion of fans to catch your next solo tour. What better way to get exposure than huge shows with Metallica?

Or maybe it's Metallica that doesn't want to do the shows because they don't like to share their thunder. Metallica doesn't need anyone to help sell tickets. I don't know. Could be a lot of reasons. Would love to see this extended for a dozen shows throughout the states. Almost as the big payback to all the US fans that got these bands where they are today. Everyone should at least have the opportunity to see this. One show in So CA desert is actually worse than no show here at all. So close....yet so far.

binnie
01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
There was an interview on Blabbermouth earlier today in which Lars basically said it was a teaser as they were all unsure how the tour would do in the US (which surprised me.) That seems to be the most likely.

I doubt its about thunder stealing on Metallica's part - they seemed really keen to do this in Europe, when only the year before they were playing the same venues without any of the Big Four. As for paycuts, I'd doubt it. Slayer and Anthrax can only really play big clubs on their own over here, never arenas. Maybe Gigantitour in the US wasn't a big spinner for Megadeth.

sadaist
01-26-2011, 04:49 PM
There was an interview on Blabbermouth earlier today in which Lars basically said it was a teaser as they were all unsure how the tour would do in the US (which surprised me.) That seems to be the most likely.

Well, for the sake of my heavy metal brethren that would die to see this show, I hope they get a tour together. I'd love to see postings of reviews from around the country.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-16-2011, 02:26 PM
a buddy can't go and wants $150 for the pair, if anybody is interested.......

sadaist
04-24-2011, 03:46 PM
1 1/2 hour drive from me but I just couldn't go. I'm fine with it. Seen all 4 of these bands multiple times since the 80's. The draw here was just for the historic aspect of it. Still kinda bummed I missed it, but glad the moment finally went down for all the fans. Would love to hear any stories if any of you guys got to go. Anyways, here's a clip from last nights USA show. I wish Daves microphone was turned up louder. Otherwise, looks like everyone was having a great metal time.

binnie
04-24-2011, 06:26 PM
I will be seeing the Big Four at Sonisphere is July. I cannot fucking wait.

sadaist
04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I will be seeing the Big Four at Sonisphere is July. I cannot fucking wait.

NiCE Binn. Hey, would you (or anyone else) happen to know why at the end when they do Am I Evil....why doesn't Tom Araya be up there? It's pretty fucking epic Hetfield & Mustaine standing side by side. But maybe adding Araya would just make it way too epic & the world would explode? That's only reason I can think of.

VAiN
04-24-2011, 09:11 PM
For everyone who rags on Kirk Hammett (me included), watch this.

HOLY SHIT!

THIS is what dude is capable of. (Especially at the end...damn, motherfucker is just shredding so good)

Yeah he's on-point for sure... but it's more of the same, really. Great performance overall though...

So what's the deal with this? Are all 4 bands touring together or is it a limited thing?

sadaist
04-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah he's on-point for sure... but it's more of the same, really. Great performance overall though...

So what's the deal with this? Are all 4 bands touring together or is it a limited thing?

Was a 1-off show in the US. But they are touring together for several shows this summer again in Europe I think. They recorded a DVD from it last year with all 4 bands. TONS that you can find on YouTube to watch.
Lots of backstage moments too which is fun to see them all interact.

sadaist
04-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Shows the DVD & setlists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_4_Live_from_Sofia,_Bulgaria

Steve Savicki
04-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Guess Mustaine and Hetfield made up.

sadaist
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Guess Mustaine and Hetfield made up.

Yeah. They're both successful millionaires with families/children now and both sober. Pretty fucking epic to see them onstage together.

VAiN
04-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Shows the DVD & setlists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_4_Live_from_Sofia,_Bulgaria

Very cool... interesting tour, hitting lots of countries.. Romania, Turkey, Greece... I wouldn't think there's a market for it there...

Yeah. They're both successful millionaires with families/children now and both sober. Pretty fucking epic to see them onstage together.

Amazing what a difference a million in the bank and not being boozed/drugged up makes, huh?

sadaist
04-27-2011, 02:43 AM
Hey guys, if anyone is interested in the US show of the Big 4, here is the local paper out here. They have picture galleries from each bands performance. Some really cool pics.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_big424.280db2f.html

Mr. Vengeance
04-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Rumour is the Big 4 is coming to the east coast. Stay tuned.

hideyoursheep
04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Throw in Rammstein, and I'm in...other than that...I don't see myself attending. Needs more fire.

Hardrock69
04-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Big Four playing Yankee Stadium September 14:

http://theywillrockyou.com/2011/04/big-4-announce-september-14th-yankee-stadium-date/

The Big 4 (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth & Anthrax) have announced an East Coast date! They’ll take over Yankee Stadium in New York on September 14th. ALL seats are reserved for this show and tickets go on sale Friday, May 6 at 10:00 AM via www.ticketmaster.com

Head over to the official Big 4 Facebook page for details.

Metallica on this show:
A huge thanks to everyone who came out to the desert this past weekend . . . we felt the enormous love and support, so we just had to find a way to make one more Big 4 show in the States happen. Enter New York . . . that’s right, the Big 4 of Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, and ‘Tallica will be in the new version of the famed Yankee Stadium on September 14, 2011! We can’t wait for a night in the Bronx as our second American show and for those of you who love fun facts, this will also be the second live music event hosted at the new ballpark.

http://theywillrockyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/thebig4.jpg

Official Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBig4

sadaist
04-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Big Four playing Yankee Stadium September 14:

Good for you guys out there! Hope someone here gets to go. Looks like So CA represented hard core. Crappy horrible audio from our show here....but check out the crowd!

binnie
04-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Apparently the new Anthrax record is going to drop soon. I'm intrigued to see if it'll be up to much.

sadaist
04-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Apparently the new Anthrax record is going to drop soon. I'm intrigued to see if it'll be up to much.

One would hope that with being reunited, and touring with the the Big 4 all last summer that some amount of that old fire has been lit. Somehow that part of their past has been brought back to the surface just being involved in it at such a massive scale and seeing the fans reaction. Would be really cool to have a NEW Anthrax cd that was actually kick ass & fun. Been a long time since I had that feeling.

binnie
04-30-2011, 03:50 PM
I liked 'We Have Come For You All' a lot. It was a fucking killer CD.

But then they spent 8 years doing next to nothing. Anthrax's career from 1993 is a series of sputters, false starts and bad luck. With decent management they could have had a decent career playing 3-5000 seaters.