PDA

View Full Version : OZZY OSBOURNE Teams Up With JUSTIN BIEBER For Best Buy Super Bowl Commercial

Jagermeister
01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
According to USA Today, Ozzy Osbourne will team up with teen heartthrob Justin Bieber for the first Super Bowl commercial for Best Buy, the nation's largest home electronics chain. The ad, to air in the game's third quarter, was filmed earlier this month at Universal Studios.

"Justin Bieber is the biggest star out there, but that's not why he's in the spot," says marketing chief Drew Panayiotou. "He symbolically represents something important to the brand message."

When Ozzy was interviewed last month on Fuse TV and was asked to talk about his contemporary music tastes and, in particular, if he was a fan of Justin Bieber, he replied, "Who the fuck is Justin Bieber?"

chefcraig
01-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Going way out on a limb here, I'd be willing to bet that Ozzy plays himself in a totally bewildered and confused state.

Kristy
01-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah that's all Ozzy needs: more money

sadaist
01-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Going way out on a limb here, I'd be willing to bet that Ozzy plays himself in a totally bewildered and confused state.

He's in good company...I guess.

Keanu Reeves as a stoner type. Whoa.
George Clooney as the extremely handsome worldly gentleman.
Pamela Anderson as a buxom blonde bimbo.
Robert DeNiro as an Italian mob boss/wiseguy.
Jennifer Aniston as the sweet girl who finally gets her prince in a romantic comedy.
Julia Roberts & anything to do with a wedding.
Valerie Bertinelli as a battered wife.

chefcraig
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM
He's in good company...I guess.

Keanu Reeves as a stoner type. Whoa.
George Clooney as the extremely handsome worldly gentleman.
Pamela Anderson as a buxom blonde bimbo.
Robert DeNiro as an Italian mob boss/wiseguy.
Jennifer Aniston as the sweet girl who finally gets her prince in a romantic comedy.
Julia Roberts & anything to do with a wedding.

Yup, nothing like a bit of typecasting. People tend to feel more comfortable with the redundantly familiar.

sadaist
01-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Yup, nothing like a bit of typecasting. People tend to feel more comfortable with the redundantly familiar.

Remember when Stallone played the overweight deaf police man in Cop Land?

Movie got panned, but I actually thought he put in a great performance. Was so different from what Sly normally does. Dude can actually act a little bit. I think it got panned because people who go to Stallone movies want to see Stallone...if that makes sense.

Similar to when we all bought a Van Halen album expecting Van Halen and "Hellloooooooo Baaaabbyyyyyyyy" screeched out of our speakers. THE HORROR!

sadaist
01-26-2011, 03:26 PM

50,000 battered women in the United States every year.

....and I've been eating them plain this whole time.

chefcraig
01-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Movie got panned, but I actually thought he put in a great performance. Was so different from what Sly normally does. Dude can actually act a little bit. I think it got panned because people who go to Stallone movies want to see Stallone...if that makes sense.

People tend to overlook the fact that not only does Stallone act, but he also wrote and directed many of the films he is famous for. I really don't think Copland was a failure commercially (for a fairly low budget of around $15 million, it made $44,862,187 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cop_Land)), but the plot left a great deal to be desired, and that more than anything else turned people off.

ELVIS
01-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah that's all Ozzy needs: more money

You jealous ??

kissfan1976
01-26-2011, 06:26 PM
I hope Ozzy Bites Justin's Head Off In The Commercial.

chefcraig
01-26-2011, 06:28 PM
I hope Ozzy Bites Justin's Head Off In The Commercial.

And in the next scene, he's in the hospital waiting room getting ready for a series of rabies shots.

78/84 guy
01-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I wish Ozzy would release the Rhoad's dvd he was telling use about !!

Satan
01-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Why, why did I ever buy John Osbourne's soul? I swear he's been the kingdom of darkness's greatest embarassment of the last decade or so. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Hardrock69
01-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Heh....I saw Bob Deniro and Dustin Hoffman on Letterman the other night. At the same time! It was a repeat from December.

Man, Deniro absolutely acted like he did not want to be there. Dave was just looking at two sheets of paper and reading off all the movies he and Hoffman had been in.

Was cool to see them there, but DeNiro was sort of a stick-in-the-mud about the whole thing.

Terry
01-29-2011, 06:39 PM

Similar to when we all bought a Van Halen album expecting Van Halen and "Hellloooooooo Baaaabbyyyyyyyy" screeched out of our speakers. THE HORROR!

Copland WAS a pretty good movie.

Terry
01-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Heh....I saw Bob Deniro and Dustin Hoffman on Letterman the other night. At the same time! It was a repeat from December.

Man, Deniro absolutely acted like he did not want to be there. Dave was just looking at two sheets of paper and reading off all the movies he and Hoffman had been in.

Was cool to see them there, but DeNiro was sort of a stick-in-the-mud about the whole thing.

DeNiro has always been very stiff and stilted in interview situations. Clearly he doesn't like to give them.

Terry
01-29-2011, 06:42 PM
Why, why did I ever buy John Osbourne's soul? I swear he's been the kingdom of darkness's greatest embarassment of the last decade or so. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

Have had little use for the guy for going on a quarter-century.

Once Daisley and Kerslake left the band and RR died, Ozzy's best material was already behind him. Beyond the music, who gives a fuck about Ozzy?