PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys, I got some software for ya

Ken McLaren
01-30-2011, 06:24 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new here and was introduced by one of your long time members who thought that you may find use for some of our free software. So as we release freeware, I'll be sharing it with you. If at any time the community here finds this disrupting, or disrespectful in any way, we won't post. We are not here to be spammers, just sharing some of our work with you.

For the most part we have been concentrating our software development on guitar. So, we have been making things like stomp boxes, rack delays, verbs, virtual guitar amps and cabs. We have not started to develop for MAC yet, but thats coming in future. So its primarily PC VST effects for use in recording software like Cubase, Nuendo, and Reaper. Most stuff will be outright freeware, some postings may be trials. However, any trial version we make is non-limited, and is good for 30 days. But, here's the cool thing, our trials never stop running. We only ask that you register, its really up to you if you do. They don't contain any of the annoying HISS or audio dropouts, they are the same as the registered version, except a nag screen at the beginning.

So here is the first offering for you. Its a guitar cabinet simulator that runs on the HUGE Redwirez Guitar cabinet library.(209,000 Cabinet files)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/iFace/Commercial/iFacePostingTitle.png

For those of you who have the AWESOME Redwirez cabinet library, you know how much of a PITA it is to navigate and load cabinets. After all, there’s 180,000 + individual Impulse response files. It’s a vast array of options to be sure.

The task of selecting the browse button, finding the library, deciding on a cabinet, deciding on a mic… Wait! It doesn’t stop there, now you have to decide on a distance. One inch, two inches, three inches? Do I want the mic on or off axis? Should it be on the cone, cap, cap edge, or the cone edge? If you get that selection wrong, you’re back to square one. Click the browse button again, and keep repeating the above steps…

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/iFace/Commercial/iFace%201.05%20Screen1%20small.png

iFace takes care of that for you. Select a cabinet, and or a mic, and then iFace does the rest. Simply moving the controls locates and loads the correct cabinet file. Its simple and a more natural way to select a cabinet.

All you need to do is have a Redwirez cabinet installed to its default “factory” path, Then tell iFace where it is. After that just select what cab and mic you want, then go about moving the controls..
Want the mic at three inches away from the cabinet? Then slide the mic three inches away from the cabinet…Want it off axis? Then select off axis… Pretty simple...

iFace also supports the matched ambient mics of the Redwirez library. Most cabinets in the Redwirez library also contain Impulse response files of mics placed at ambient locations throughout the studio. These are also available through the Ambient mics selection menu. Once again, these are "matched" and what WE mean by matched is, the ambient mics are recordings of the cabinet you have selected, Not a recording of a balloon pop or starter pistol...

There are plenty more features, but we'll let you explore and find them yourself. If you have any trouble, or questions, feel free to post here as we'll be regularly monitoring this thread to provide support to you. If you like you can also obtain support directly from the iFace discussion at the AcmeBarGig forums here.
http://www.acmebargig.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1259

Thanks for reading and checking it out...

For those of you that already have the Redwirez Cabinet library, iFace can be downloaded at the following link now. We don't make you register or any of that other PITA stuff that is usually associated with free downloads.
http://www.acmebargig.com/product/iface-trial/
Don't forget to read the manual! Its 65 pages, but most of it is the Redwirez IR matrix which tells you what cabinet IR's are included.

For those of you that do not have the Redwirez cabinet library, Redwirez have been gracious enough to provide you with a freeware cabinet. Its a recording of a Marshall 1960A with 4 Celestion G12M speakers.
You can get it here..
http://www.redwirez.com/free1960g12m25s.jsp?ref=home

Known issues
I want to post about known issues here as we did not have time to address these before release. They are being worked on right now though.

SONAR all versions 64 bit
Description:
There is an issue with the plugin automatically loading presets on saved projects.

In depth:
If you add iFace to a track, when you open the project at a later time, iFace will have "forgotten" your selections.

Temporary work around:
Save the iFace preset and load it on the recorded track. Please do test this work around though as any information you can give us on this issue will be helpful.

DISCLAIMER:
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The names of the manufacturers and their model designations are used only to identify the speakers, cabinets and microphones measured in the development of our software, and the corresponding impulse response library. They do not in any way imply any association with or endorsement by any of the named manufacturers. We do not guarantee this product will create, and may not create, the same sound you may get from using any of the cabinets, microphones or speakers referred to in the iFace software, or the impulse response library.

jhale667
01-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Hey Ken, thanks for the info and welcome. I've actually been wanting to try Acme BarGig and Rewire more in-depth, have played around with it a bit, and I'm told the amp emulations are superior to PODfarm. iFace looks interesting!

:guitar:

Diamondjimi
01-31-2011, 12:28 AM
Jay, ya gotta take this out for a ride bro. It kicks some serious ass. Very natural response and killer IR's. I'm contemplating retracking all my rhythm tracks on the new album. It sounds thick and massive.

I highly recommend checking this out to any of you guys that are into recording. The add ons are fairly priced too if you decide you want to expand to the full version...

Hardrock69
01-31-2011, 12:43 AM
I will check into it one of these days. Thanks for posting.

Being a poor sumbitch, I am into any quality plugins or software that are free. The guys who developed Reaper are using this business model, and Reaper is an incredibly powerful multi-track program that is dirt cheap. Why spend thousands on Nuendo, ProTools, Cubase, etc. when you don't have to?

So sometime in the near future I will check out what you guys are offering. Sounds sweet.

ashstralia
01-31-2011, 02:39 AM
ash not happy. make mac now. :)

Ken McLaren
01-31-2011, 05:22 AM
@Hardrock
We based this business model on Justin's (Reaper owner) business model. Reaper is the First DAW we test everything we write on because it is the most popular widely used DAW in the world right now. That is no doubt due in part to their business model. I don't know if its the best, as thats down to someone's personal taste and work flow, but one thing I'll say is it is BY FAR the lowest CPU consumption daw. In some cases CPU consumption is cut down by up to 60% when compared to other daws.

Here's some numbers to illustrate
This was a single core pentium 4, 3 Ghz computer with 1 GB of ram.
We took our guitar suite called Head Case and ran it on a single track.
It ran at...
43% in SONAR X1 (with dropouts)
38% in Cubase 5 (with minor dropouts)
37% in Nuendo 3(no dropouts)
13.5% in Reaper (no Dropouts)

There was not another daw that went below 26%. Anyways, we got loads of freeware available from the website, and we don't make you register or any of that other nonsense. So, help yourself man, and at least you know where to get support for it. haha I am one of the developers.

@Diamondjim, told ya I'd get over here sooner or later, Glad you told me man..:) Seems like a very cool place.

@jhale667
Yeah I'll be sharing a bunch of them here with you all. I am going to post a new upgrade to our Preampus Classic Hybrid line. This is the upgrade for Knuckle head, and its 100% freeware.

Here's a bit of a description for you..
Almost all the knuckle head tone comes directly from its poweramp, actually I shouldn't say tone, its more like distortion characteristics. This is because the EQ before the power amp works to drive it. So, each tone control acts sorta like a gain knob. Then, after the poweramp we run it through the identical tonestack again. This is where you get the tone from, the tonestack before the power amp does not do too much in terms of tone shaping, it functions more to shape the distortion than to filter frequencies. What I mean is that the tonestack before the poweramp, you really don't notice the tone shaping that much because it is going into a distortion phase. So, even if you turn your treble off it would not have that much effect because of higher order harmonics..

Knuckle head can get pretty unruly though, and it takes a bit to get used to because a slight turn in the bass knob and its a whole different distortion. It also does not lend itself to cleans very well at all, but it wasn't designed for them anyway. The second and third generation of that power amp is in the Enthalpos median head from Shred 1.06 and Shred 1.5x respectively.

It was designed for classic hard to get guitar tones. So, things like the James gang funk 49, Neil young rust never sleeps, Cocaine by Clapton, etc. If you are looking for a straight heavy distortion amp, then knuckle head can do that, but you'd need something external like a tube screamer placed before it.
Knuckle head comes with our version of a Dallas Rangemaster built in, but our version is not just a treble booster, instead its variable frequency and also allows you to adjust the drive. So you can use it to drive Knuckle head at selected frequencies.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/knuckleheadscreen.jpg

We have other freeware amps that were designed for straight out metal tones that would do a better job than Knucle Head. Like the Series 60, or the C-15 heads that are available at the website for free.

The Preampus C-15
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/PA%20METAL%20C15.jpg

The Preampus Series 60
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/PA%20METAL%20Series60.jpg

Here's the knuckle head download..
Enjoy, and if you have any problems let me know...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ABG%20KnuckleHead%201.5.rar

Just to clarify for those that don't know, you place the knuckle head on a track, then place iFace after it.
-Ken
edit:
@ash, sorry man, we're only supporting PCVST right now, but, there is a guy who has used the freeware MAC/VST wrapper for our plugs with 100% success. Here's the thread where he explains how to do it..
http://diaphone.blogspot.com/
Hope that helps..At least it doesn't cost you to try..:)

Ken McLaren
01-31-2011, 06:01 AM
I forgot to mention in the last post, here are some examples of our virtual amps.
This is series 60 with iFace
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/Mix%20with%20Acme-Shred.mp3
Done by Unsal Ozata from Turkey...

This is Shred with our modelled cabs. Fast forward to the solo on this one, The modelled cabs really shine there.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/BodyTalk.mp3
Thats Danny Danzi

This is the Skull Job head customized to try and get close to the EVH live sound. Note I said to get close...haha
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/Unchained%20ABG%20Demo.mp3
This is also Danny Danzi playing a cover of unchained by Van Halen. There was no external processing done other than the effects that were available in Head case(our suite).

ashstralia
01-31-2011, 07:19 AM
spammer; banned. wanker.

chefcraig
01-31-2011, 08:05 AM
spammer; banned. wanker.

That is unfair, and certainly uncalled for. For one thing, the software is FREE. For another, Ken is only responding to questions put forth to him in kind.

Seshmeister
01-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Time difference means he probably just got in from the pub in the early hours of Tuesday morning but still...

jhale667
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM
That is unfair, and certainly uncalled for. For one thing, the software is FREE. For another, Ken is only responding to questions put forth to him in kind.

Agree - and if I thought Ken was spamming, I'd have closed this thread on sight, thanks. This is a product many of us here are actually interested in (Dj's already using it), and besides, it's FREE...

Etienne
01-31-2011, 03:53 PM
I forgot to mention in the last post, here are some examples of our virtual amps.
This is series 60 with iFace
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/Mix%20with%20Acme-Shred.mp3
Done by Unsal Ozata from Turkey...

This is Shred with our modelled cabs. Fast forward to the solo on this one, The modelled cabs really shine there.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/BodyTalk.mp3
Thats Danny Danzi

This is the Skull Job head customized to try and get close to the EVH live sound. Note I said to get close...haha
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/Unchained%20ABG%20Demo.mp3
This is also Danny Danzi playing a cover of unchained by Van Halen. There was no external processing done other than the effects that were available in Head case(our suite).

Demos are careful made... sound encouraging

:)

ELVIS
01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Sounds more like Zakk Wylde on Unchained...:biggrin:

Ken McLaren
01-31-2011, 08:22 PM
ashstralia, I'm sorry my post offended you, that was not the intent. The reason that we mentioned our website with the other products is because they are already released, whereas Knuckle Head 1.5 is not. There is only a few places on the web where that can be downloaded, this forum is one of them. So, it's relatively exclusive to this community. Having said that, Knuckle Head 1.0 has been released at our website, but Knuckle Head 1.5 has not. If it was already released then we would have posted something else that could be exclusive.

In general, if we are causing disruption, a community feels we are being dis-respectful, or we are viewed as spammers, we simply stop sharing at that forum. We will stop posting if thats what the community wants, we are not trying to be disrespectful, and we certainly don't want to be called spammers.

I and all other ABG representatives are bound by our own internal rules, to which we follow to the letter. We were invited here, we did not just show up. DiamondJim felt that your community may benefit from us sharing our software, and we feel that we would benefit from this community's interaction and suggestions for our products. That is the reason we're here. We have posted in a forum where gear is the topic, we are sharing gear, freely. If you still feel we're spammers, then we will leave the community so as not to be disruptive or cause a rift, and to eliminate us being called spammers. You may not realize it, but being called that is very damaging to a company, and as a result we take statements like that very seriously.

Your call..
-Ken

Diamondjimi
01-31-2011, 08:54 PM
spammer; banned. wanker.

Whoa, easy there dude. It will be in Mac soon. Why not try the MAC/VST wrap he suggested in his link?

Exactly. I was speaking to Ken at great length about this software and mentioned this forum to him and invited him to join. He is not a spammer. He simply would like to get the word out and share this kick ass software
with some musician peeps I socialize with regularly.
You fuckers know me, if AcmeBarGig wasn't a great program that I hadn't roadtested myself I wouldn't have suggested RA to him. He's created a great program and it's cool that he makes himself available for any customer cuntcerns.
Just so ya's know, Ken is a fuckin bad ass guitarist in his own right. Not just a code writing hermit. :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
01-31-2011, 09:01 PM
In general, if we are causing disruption, a community feels we are being dis-respectful, or we are viewed as spammers, we simply stop sharing at that forum. We will stop posting if thats what the community wants, we are not trying to be disrespectful, and we certainly don't want to be called spammers.

I and all other ABG representatives are bound by our own internal rules, to which we follow to the letter. We were invited here, we did not just show up. DiamondJim felt that your community may benefit from us sharing our software, and we feel that we would benefit from this community's interaction and suggestions for our products. That is the reason we're here. We have posted in a forum where gear is the topic, we are sharing gear, freely. If you still feel we're spammers, then we will leave the community so as not to be disruptive or cause a rift, and to eliminate us being called spammers. You may not realize it, but being called that is very damaging to a company, and as a result we take statements like that very seriously.

Your call..
-Ken

No worries Ken. I can't recall the last time someone showed up and offered something as cool as this with no strings attatched. And FREE for that matter. Can't say I didn't warn ya that you'll be tested...
When ya comin out to the studio?

Matt White
01-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Agree - and if I thought Ken was spamming, I'd have closed this thread on sight, thanks. This is a product many of us here are actually interested in (Dj's already using it), and besides, it's FREE...

same here....checked it out...the guy is legit....

good enough for me

Ken McLaren
01-31-2011, 10:56 PM
@Jim Thanks...Studio?, well, if I can ever get away from this freaking keyboard(not the cool kind, the computer keyboard), I'll pop by. We are in the midst of writing way too many new plugs. Redshift II which replaces your pickups programmatically kinda like the Antares Mic modeller does for microphones. Head case guitar suite, AXON cabs, Littany cabs, and 23 one of a kind original heads that we're giving away with the first 23 T-Shirts sold. Plus the preampus metal and classic hybrid upgrades. So, needless to say, I'm insanely overrun..haha We will get together though, I would really like to see you...It been too long man..and thanks for the props...As soon as I can I want to record another CD, I really miss playing in that capacity, all I get to do now is test and play, adjust, test and play, adjust test and play, etc...hahah

Thanks Matt..:)

ace diamond
02-01-2011, 01:07 AM
hey ken, many thanks for coming here and sharing this with all of us for free.
that's really fucking cool of you.
anytime you wanna share anything else, please do so.
sadly, just like in life, there are sadly some folks who have a bad habit of looking a gift horse in the mouth.
if you encounter any of them on this site, just ignore them like most of the members here tend to also do.
once again, thank you for sharing.
ace diamond.

Hardrock69
02-01-2011, 01:58 AM
As others have posted, if I thought Ken was just a spammer, I woulda tore him a new asshole, lol.

He is more than welcome to hang out.

And of course, some of us would be willing test vehicles for any new products just to provide feedback.

ace diamond
02-01-2011, 02:04 AM
yes, hr69, some of us gladly would do so.

kwame k
02-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Let's hope Ken comes out with a killer pitch correction or auto-tune program!

ace diamond
02-01-2011, 02:23 AM
kwame, that's actually a really great idea!:baaa:

Diamondjimi
02-01-2011, 02:34 AM

For guitar?

kwame k
02-01-2011, 02:39 AM
For Ace!

ace diamond
02-01-2011, 02:44 AM
For Ace!

hey, if it helps make my life easier then i am all for it!
besides, it is a really good idea regardless.
hey ken, you should consider looking into this thing kwame suggested.

Ken McLaren
02-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys, already ahead of you on that pitch plug. I've been working on that off and on for about a year! Just gettin my ass kicked by it. But the battle is not over, Still working. I did end up with a pretty cool harmonizer out of the research I've done. I call it the Ghetto Bass. We never rleased it because it didn't pass our internal QA due to CPU usage and latency..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/SmallGB%20copy.png
CPU Is a little high for an effect but usable in a pinch, this will have to be dealt with though. There is also a small latency introduced with it, may or may not be useable, depending on your machine... your call, but thats why its a beta right?
Something to remember too, All pitch shift effects have latency issues..How drastic they are is what is in question..

Also, I am trying to figure out a good means of setting input level as well. Some of our effects make a lot of use of tube code in weird spots, and, since our tube code is dynamic and feeds from the input level, they are prone to be overdriven which results in distortion where you may not want it. A prime example of this is on the DIG DELAY. the feedback line that goes back into the delay code is fed through a single gain stage, so what can happen is the longer the delay goes for the more distorted it gets. If the distortion is not present, then it gives you a nice warm delay. However, to accomplish this, the initial input level has to be set to a certain level. These effects have a little grey square button, use that to have the effect determine its own input level based on what your system is sending into it.

Here is the Ghetto bass..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/GhettoBass%201.01%20BETA%201.rar

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/SmallDIGDelay%20copy.png

Here's the DIG DELAY
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/DIG%20Delay.rar
(DIG stands for Dual Integrated Gain). Each delay has a gain stage integrated into its feedback loop like I said earlier...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/SmallAftershock106.png

Here is the Aftershock delay
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/Aftershock%201.06.rar

Ken McLaren
02-01-2011, 11:08 AM
I had to make 2 posts, apparently I let the first one time out...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/SmallWonderGirdle%20copy.png
This is another of the effects that will make up part of the "Nice Rack Baby" effects suite. This is Called The Crotchless Wonder Girdle and its many things..It is an Auto Wah, it is "almost" like a Talk Box, It is multi-filters and it has a built in stereo delay..

Here is the download link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/TheWonderGirdle%201.01.rar

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/SmallPaizWaveCharger%20copy.png

Another effect to be included in the ABG "Nice Rack Baby!" software.

This is the Paiz Wave Charger,

WTF is a wave charger?

We don't know, it seems to be new!

This is the result of experimenting with different things. It can sound like a Chorus, or Flange, or can make some other type of effect I have never heard before. So, we call this effect a wave sharger because everything is based on the visible wave. Inside this download you'll see the DLL file and you'll see an additional rar file entitled wave tables. These are 512 point Wave tables in text file format. You can load these shapes into Paiz, or you can also draw and save your own..

Here's the download
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/PaizWaveCharger.rar

Well that ought to keep you all busy. These are all betas BTW...
Enjoy and thanks for the support guys..
-Ken

Hardrock69
02-01-2011, 11:48 AM
I once bought a Marilyn Manson album due to reading an interview with the producer.

One of the things he said they would do is to create a loop in a synthesizer and then just let it run for a week so the signal would warp and degrade it self and then they would use it. He talked about a lot of interesting things they did sound-wise, that would normally be dismissed as noise, but they were using for artistic creation.

I listened to the first half of the album and took it back to the store, lol. Sure, creating the album and experimenting with FX is all well and good, but when you are trying too much to be someone your'e not (Trent Reznor), and you can't write a good song to save your life, all the bizarro FX in the world will not save you.

See if you can come up with an emulator of a Roland Dimension D rack mount unit. May have already been done, but every major studio in the world has one, and you cannot find them for under $1,000. If I recall correctly, the effect was something like a chorus with it's rate set to zero, sort of like a 'standing wave chorus'. I have no idea if I would ever use one, but just a suggestion to throw out there.

Nitro Express
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
If you have Netflix, watch the Moog documentary. It's pretty interesting to hear his take on sound and how it's processed and how he built devices to make it a reality.

Hardrock69
02-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Friend of mine gave me a Yamaha synth from the 70s when I was living in L.A.

Sold it in the early 90s cause I needed the money.

I don't sell stuff for that reason any more.

But it was one fucking kickass synth. Could do anything.

chefcraig
02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Friend of mine gave me a Yamaha synth from the 70s when I was living in L.A...
But it was one fucking kickass synth. Could do anything.

I had a small, one-scale Casio keyboard that had a built-in sampler, sometime in the late eighties. Let me tell you, I used that stupid little thing for everything from crafting drum tracks and goofing around with samples to having a blast at parties with it. You could invert and modify the sampler in several ways, and it was way ahead of it's time in means of cost and effectiveness.

Naturally, being such a terrific device, someone stole the damned thing from me less than a year after I purchased it, and I could not (at that time) find another one.

twonabomber
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Casio SK-1. i still have mine, in the original box.

i wanted a Casio RZ-1 sampling drum machine but never got one.

still have my Roland samplers that i was collecting. S-50 'board, S-330 and S-760 racks. sold off the sequencer packages a few months ago, i figure even the netbook can run a sequence so i got rid of them.

Ken McLaren
02-02-2011, 03:38 AM
I had an SK-1 too. I created tons of stuff with it and my 4 track fostex, actually, I think I may have sold that to Jim? Jim did you buy my Fostex?

ashstralia
02-02-2011, 05:59 AM
i know, sorry guys..... my bad; ken's cool.

Hardrock69
02-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Hey, ya have to be ever vigilant against spammers.

Etienne
02-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Casio SK-1. i still have mine, in the original box.

i wanted a Casio RZ-1 sampling drum machine but never got one.

still have my Roland samplers that i was collecting. S-50 'board, S-330 and S-760 racks. sold off the sequencer packages a few months ago, i figure even the netbook can run a sequence so i got rid of them.

I still have my Casio CZ-1000 synth and a Roland S-10 sampler. My first 4-track was a Vestax MR-200...

twonabomber
02-02-2011, 12:30 PM
i was looking for an S-10 for a long time but gave up. everything was more than i wanted to pay, or broken.

Diamondjimi
02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
IJim did you buy my Fostex?

No. ;)

Ken McLaren
02-03-2011, 03:49 AM
i know, sorry guys..... my bad; ken's cool.

Well we put a something in our software that if the name ashtralia appears anywhere on the system it won't run...:)

just joking..

ashstralia
02-03-2011, 03:53 AM
Well we put a something in our software that if the name ashtralia appears anywhere on the system it won't run...:)

just joking..

you could at least spell it right....:biggrin:

ace diamond
02-03-2011, 04:50 AM

just joking..

so did you also put one in there that if the name "Ace Diamond" appears anywhere in it, it self-destructs in 5...4...3...2...1...
:lmao:

Hardrock69
02-03-2011, 08:19 PM

just joking..

:lmao:

ashstralia
02-03-2011, 08:23 PM
^^^^ smelly bumhole!

Hardrock69
02-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Let's see, so what would it be called...

A "Crash And Burn" effect? :biggrin:

Or how about "Ashstralia's Blue Screen Of Death"? :biggrin:

ashstralia
02-04-2011, 02:05 AM
stop making me laugh, poopoohead!!!!!:biggrin:

Ken McLaren
02-04-2011, 08:38 AM
We have an effect called crash and burn..Seriously..Its an overdrive pedal that we never released...
Did anyone checkout those rack effects? Just wondering if anyone had a crash or anything to report..
Thanks..:)

I want to get some opinions here too, if you guys don't mind..
We're launching a merchandising section, and these are the first 2 T-Shirt designs..Whatcha think?
The first one is named after an amp that we make called Skull job, In this shirt there is the actual amp schematic we designed for Skull job, as well as the actual assembly language code we use for our 12ax7 tubes. You can see the code in the skull, Addps, Mulps, etc. The schematic is behind the skull in gray.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/ABG%20Tag%20mockup.png

The second one here is just our logo. There was a number of people that didn't want the skull job T because it was too over the top..noisey, etc..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/923791/ShredPostings/LOGOSHIRT%20copy.png

We have another 32 designs coming...but these are the first.

Hardrock69
02-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Are ya stuck on those colors? Simply changing colors would work. But I favor plain white on black.

Like So:

http://i54.tinypic.com/izb401.png

Ken McLaren
02-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Cool, that can be done...

Hardrock69
02-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Have not downloaded anything as I just have a crummy dialup connection at home (lame excuse - I have cable at work), but am going to supposedly have broadband at home by the end of the year. Will download some of this stuff at work and check it out within a week or 2.

I almost never use any sort of modulation stuff in my recordings (chorus, flange, phase-shifting, etc.).
I pretty much just like a dry crunchy bowl of metal flakes. With maybe a little reverb sprinkled on top.

And I already have a ton of amp/cab emulation software, which I almost never use, as I have a great sounding Marshall halfstack I am happy with.
But still, will check your stuff out eventually and give you some feedback. Probably will be something stupidly simple like "This rocks!". :D

Ken McLaren
02-06-2011, 10:13 AM
haha
Sure man, no rush..