PDA

View Full Version : Barbara "Tonic" Bush Jr. supports marriage equality (no comment from Jenna)

FORD
02-01-2011, 10:13 PM
First it was Ronald Reagan's daughter, then John McCain's, and now W's little girl Barbara Bush is letting the world know that she supports same-sex marriage. (No word from Barbara's twin sis, Jenna, yet on how she feels about all of this.)

Barbara Bush wants you to know that she believes in marriage equality.

The former President George W. Bush's daughter Barbara announced her support for gay marriage yesterday in a Human Rights video campaign for New Yorkers for Marriage Equality.

Barbara lives in Greenwich Village and in the video this confident and gorgeous 29-year-old shares, "I am Barbara Bush, and I am a New Yorker for marriage equality. New York is about fairness and equality. And everyone should have the right to marry the person that they love."

These words might come as a surprise to some as Barbara is the daughter of the president who pushed for a constitutional amendment specifically banning men and women from marrying the same sex. Yet, she's also the daughter of a mother who has quietly supported marriage equality.

Yes, this is only one video, yet the experts are saying it's symbolic of the changing times. The younger generation's modern moral values are beginning to overshadow those of their antiquated elders. Soon this generation will be calling the shots and that's when we might see some real change. Will Barbara Bush help lead the charge?

New York Times writer Micahel Barbaro shares "Ms. Bush is the latest child of a prominent Republican leader to embrace same-sex marriage, long considered anathema to the conservative movement. Gay rights advocates have been quick to seize on the generational split as evidence that the acceptance of same-sex marriage is blind to party affiliation and family values."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=82199#ixzz1CleEGPzr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iKqr230U9M

Nitro Express
02-02-2011, 02:52 AM
People are starting to realize that the world won't become Sodom and Gomorra if we treat gay people decently. It was just another thing to make the people scared of in the old religion program. Looking back on it, organized religions would flame the fear fire and then offer the solution. Doing everything the church leaders said to do and they would keep you safe from those evil gays.

Nitro Express
02-02-2011, 02:57 AM
I wonder who her real father is? Dubya's sperm couldn't make a girl that cute.

FORD
02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I wonder who her real father is? Dubya's sperm couldn't make a girl that cute.

Jeb? :biggrin:

sadaist
02-07-2011, 12:27 AM
She is a certified cutie.

Always thought she was a million times prettier than her sister, yet her sis gets all the attention.

Nitro Express
02-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Jeb? :biggrin:

:biggrin: