PDA

View Full Version : Switching over from VHND.

51504VH
02-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Whats up??? I am a long time Van Halen fan. My first time seeing them was at the '83 US Festival which was by far the craziest music festival I've ever been to. I wasn't a Sammy Hagar fan before he joined Van Halen (his music just never kicked me in the face) but because Eddie Van Halen was my guitar god, I wen't and saw them at the '86 Mosters of Rock and ended up leaving before the show was over. I am a firm believer that Sammy ruined my favorite hard rock band with all his love ballads. I turned from not being a "Sammy Fan" to just flat out having no respect for him after he acted like he "saved Van Halen and put them on the map". I also was never a huge fan of MA, I always felt like he was "Replaceable" if need be... so, the new line-up with Van Halen is just fine for me.

I have been on the Van Halen News Desk for the last few months but they really need to change their name to the (Michael Anthony/Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot/Van Hagar/Van Halen News Desk).

They blow up that site with a bunch of Hagar info that I could care less about and I find "Redheads" more annoying than a red headed step child. They demand that everyone respects Sammy Hagar and want's everyone to believe that he was Van Halen's best frontman and I find it draining.

I am well aware that we all have our own opinions and I usually have respect for others and their opinions but if I wan't to constantly hear about Sammy Haggar, I would go to his web site.

I am hoping that I can hear about the "Current Van Halen" there is no sense living in the past and arguing who Van Halen's best frontman was. There is only one Van Halen and thats when Dave is holding the mic.

I can't wait for the new album and tour!!!!!!!!!

SunisinuS
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Welcome.....hope I beat Sarge's Little Helper for once. 1rst!

Yea I was at a house party at my friend's Matt's house that just so happened to overlook the Festival. Heard all the bands the whole time (little far away to see well though) but great weekend none the less.

Enjoy your stay!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-02-2011, 04:29 PM
3rd :baaa:

chefcraig
02-02-2011, 05:01 PM
To be fair, the VHND does what it can with the information available. There is no getting around the fact that the bunker-mentality of the Van Halen brain trust simply insures that little, if any news is available to report, other than merchandise to plunk upon it's fan base. By contrast, Sammy Hagar seems to believe that even his latest bowel movement is worthy of a press release.

fifth element
02-02-2011, 07:03 PM
welcome! :theband:

VanHalenFan5150
02-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Amen brother! Down with Hagar! Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay. Don't forget to hit me up with any bootlegs requests...

Terry
02-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Whats up??? I am a long time Van Halen fan. My first time seeing them was at the '83 US Festival which was by far the craziest music festival I've ever been to. I wasn't a Sammy Hagar fan before he joined Van Halen (his music just never kicked me in the face) but because Eddie Van Halen was my guitar god, I wen't and saw them at the '86 Mosters of Rock and ended up leaving before the show was over. I am a firm believer that Sammy ruined my favorite hard rock band with all his love ballads. I turned from not being a "Sammy Fan" to just flat out having no respect for him after he acted like he "saved Van Halen and put them on the map". I also was never a huge fan of MA, I always felt like he was "Replaceable" if need be... so, the new line-up with Van Halen is just fine for me.

I have been on the Van Halen News Desk for the last few months but they really need to change their name to the (Michael Anthony/Sammy Hagar/Chickenfoot/Van Hagar/Van Halen News Desk).

They blow up that site with a bunch of Hagar info that I could care less about and I find "Redheads" more annoying than a red headed step child. They demand that everyone respects Sammy Hagar and want's everyone to believe that he was Van Halen's best frontman and I find it draining.

I am well aware that we all have our own opinions and I usually have respect for others and their opinions but if I wan't to constantly hear about Sammy Haggar, I would go to his web site.

I am hoping that I can hear about the "Current Van Halen" there is no sense living in the past and arguing who Van Halen's best frontman was. There is only one Van Halen and thats when Dave is holding the mic.

I can't wait for the new album and tour!!!!!!!!!

So if you're 37 now, that means in 1983 you were 10 years old when you saw Van Halen at the US Festival...

fifth element
02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
So if you're 37 now, that means in 1983 you were 10 years old when you saw Van Halen at the US Festival...

or that he chooses not to give out his true date of birth.....

Terry
02-02-2011, 08:14 PM
or that he chooses not to give out his true date of birth.....

fair enough...I just thought it was pretty hip...

51504VH
02-03-2011, 04:04 AM
There wasn't an age limit at the '83 US Festival or the '82 US Festival which I was at also. I was born and raised in San Bernardino, CA and lived less than a mile from Glen Helen where both US Festivals were held.

I was 9 in 1982 when I was at the '82 US Festival with my folks because they were big Fleetwood Mac fans.

I was 10 in 1983 when I was at the '83 US Festival with my sister because she was a huge Van Halen fan and I actually hated them because she liked them so much but I became a fan after seeing them that night.

There was major construction going on months prior to the '83 US Fest just for parking (alone) because there was 300,000 people there. all of the home owners in the surrounding area were givin free tickets due to all the hassles, people, and noise that the festival created.

So, to answer your question asshole...yes, I was only 10 years old with my 14 year old sister and all her 14 year old friends at the '83 US Fest.

ashstralia
02-03-2011, 04:17 AM
hey man, welcome and all that, but don't be pickin on terry. the dude's a legend.

chefcraig
02-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Yep, two posts so far and already calling someone an asshole. Go back to the VHND.

VAiN
02-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Yep, two posts so far and already calling someone an asshole. Go back to the VHND.

Wow, slap and a hug... just when I'm about to compliment this guy on this pro-Roth stance, he goes and pulls some shit like this. I was actually about to post the same question as Terry - wow, 10 and seeing the Mighty VH?? - COOL! I'm torn. :umm:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Wow, slap and a hug... just when I'm about to compliment this guy on this pro-Roth stance, he goes and pulls some shit like this. I was actually about to post the same question as Terry - wow, 10 and seeing the Mighty VH?? - COOL! I'm torn. :umm:

hambon4lif
02-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Yep, two posts so far and already calling someone an asshole.Two posts in does seem a bit premature to arrive at such a conclusion....

...it took me at least 5.

Mr Walker
02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Gotta respect a guy that walks into a new bar ready to throw a punch.
Terry's a big boy... I'm sure his feelings aren't going to be hurt.

kwame k
02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Yeah......really don't need to defend Terry......and considering how many trolls come on this site, it was a valid question!

chefcraig
02-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah......really don't need to defend Terry......and considering how many trolls come on this site, it was a valid question!

Not only that, but whenever someone joins a site complaining about another one, it more or less should set off some alarm bells. You have to then question if they left of their own accord, or more likely were "asked" to leave.

Terry doesn't need anyone to defend him, yet if you read what he posted, he even went as far as to admit he thought it was sort of a hip thing that the new person saw the band at such an early age. Reading comprehension skills be damned, the reply was uncalled for.

kwame k
02-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Yep......like figuring out or putting the clues together in a murder mystery....Spot the Alias!

BTW, why do people think that changing their username will change anything or improve anything here. Change yourself, first.

Dan
02-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Group Hug Time.:D

PETE'S BROTHER
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Group Hug Time.:D

pants on this time, dan

kwame k
02-03-2011, 01:29 PM
How Rude:hitch:

Diamondjimi
02-03-2011, 01:41 PM
So, to answer your question asshole...yes, I was only 10 years old with my 14 year old sister and all her 14 year old friends at the '83 US Fest.

Welcome.

Word of advice. Don't be so quick to call someone an asshole for questioning you. (Being a noob ,and all)
Give it a few days, you'll figure out who's an asshole or not. And btw, Terry is far from an asshole...

Yep......like figuring out or putting the clues together in a murder mystery....Spot the Alias!

BTW, why do people think that changing their username will change anything or improve anything here. Change yourself, first.

Exactly!

Diamondjimi
02-03-2011, 01:43 PM
pants on this time, dan

Dan's kiwi, he doesn't wear pants. He wears Daisy Dukes! :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
a wet kiwi too:biggrin:

51504VH
02-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Don't be so thin skinned fellas, I would have just preferred being asked straight out " You were 10 when you saw Van Halen for the first time?" but instead I felt like it was a roundabout way of calling me a bullshitter. I'm not one for bullshitting, life's too short. If I read or took it the wrong way than I apologize for being rude which I'm usually not. It's not my fault that my sister made me go with her, the only reason that we were able to go was because it was walking distance. Like I said before, I hated Van Halen at that time because she liked them soo much. My favorite band at that time was Journey...lol. I still thank her to this day for making me go with her because they have been my all time favorite band since then. I didn't see the '84 show so, that was the only time that I saw the Original Van Halen. I saw Van Hagar at Monsters of Rock but it just wasn't Van Halen and I couldn't get into it. I have seen David Lee Roth several times tho.

I wasn't asked to leave VHND. I just got burned out on having to hear about Sammy, Michael, and Chickenfoot, I don't constantly feel like reading which singer was better, I know which one was because (Hero's, they come and go but legends, their forever). :-)

I'm not here to be negative or to stir up drama. I can't wait for the new album and tour....it's coming soon and it's gonna be big.

Peace out fellas,

Diamondjimi
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
There ya go, your first "Thanks"......

PETE'S BROTHER
02-03-2011, 02:05 PM
There ya go, your first "Thanks"......

there is your 1,227th :hee:

lesfunk
02-03-2011, 02:08 PM
I see no problem with calling Terry an asshole. or anyone for that matter

hambon4lif
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I see no problem with calling Terry an asshole. or anyone for that matterFuckinay!
It would be more alarming if someone were to say that I wasn't one...

chefcraig
02-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I see no problem with calling Terry an asshole. or anyone for that matter

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2224/howtowinfriendsandinflu.jpg (http://img713.imageshack.us/i/howtowinfriendsandinflu.jpg/)

fifth element
02-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Yep......l....Spot the Alias!

I seem to remember being tagged as an alias the minute I entered the site....lolol

ah well....it gave everyone something to talk about for a day or two.

Dan
02-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Dan's kiwi, he doesn't wear pants. He wears Daisy Dukes! :biggrin:

How dare You,I will let LEFTY Know About This.:D

Diamondjimi
02-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I seem to remember being tagged as an alias the minute I entered the site....lolol

The jury is still out on this, fyi.... :biggrin:

chefcraig
02-03-2011, 03:42 PM

Where is Imapus Sylicker, anyway? The guy hasn't been around since the sixth of January. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

Diamondjimi
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Sarge's Little Helper has yet to make an appearance yet... :bigburp:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Where is Imapus Sylicker, anyway? The guy hasn't been around since the sixth of January. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

greased up and dancin' in a cabaret?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Sarge's Little Helper has yet to make an appearance yet... :bigburp:

unemployment just keeps climbin'

PETE'S BROTHER
02-03-2011, 04:36 PM

i still believe there are some people here that think my brother or myself are remnants of some gay troll situation from years ago...

fifth element
02-03-2011, 04:56 PM
The jury is still out on this, fyi.... :biggrin:

kewl....another day or 2 of discussion...lol :biggrin:

fifth element
02-03-2011, 05:10 PM

cute....very......:rolleyes:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-03-2011, 05:12 PM
:lmao:

Terry
02-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Don't be so thin skinned fellas, I would have just preferred being asked straight out " You were 10 when you saw Van Halen for the first time?" but instead I felt like it was a roundabout way of calling me a bullshitter. I'm not one for bullshitting, life's too short. If I read or took it the wrong way than I apologize for being rude which I'm usually not. It's not my fault that my sister made me go with her, the only reason that we were able to go was because it was walking distance. Like I said before, I hated Van Halen at that time because she liked them soo much. My favorite band at that time was Journey...lol. I still thank her to this day for making me go with her because they have been my all time favorite band since then. I didn't see the '84 show so, that was the only time that I saw the Original Van Halen. I saw Van Hagar at Monsters of Rock but it just wasn't Van Halen and I couldn't get into it. I have seen David Lee Roth several times tho.

I wasn't asked to leave VHND. I just got burned out on having to hear about Sammy, Michael, and Chickenfoot, I don't constantly feel like reading which singer was better, I know which one was because (Hero's, they come and go but legends, their forever). :-)

I'm not here to be negative or to stir up drama. I can't wait for the new album and tour....it's coming soon and it's gonna be big.

Peace out fellas,

So, if you're 37 now, that makes you...what...ten when you saw Van Halen at the US Fest in 1983?

ashstralia
02-04-2011, 06:35 AM
heavy metal.

Cato
02-04-2011, 07:45 AM
WARF was 8 when he saw VH in 1984 btw...

PETE'S BROTHER
02-04-2011, 09:23 AM
12 or 13 i saw stryper :hee:

Blaze
02-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Barry Manilow - age 15 :headbangez:

:lmao:

Guitar Shark
02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Shows how out of touch I am - I wasn't even aware VHND allowed comments. How long has that been going on?

sadaist
02-04-2011, 01:57 PM
12 or 13 i saw stryper :hee:

HAHA! I was around 14 myself when I saw them. Being a Christian rock band was the only way Mom would let me go. Dudes threw mini bibles in to the crowd. Funny.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
HAHA! I was around 14 myself when I saw them. Being a Christian rock band was the only way Mom would let me go. Funny.

me too. still thought i was cool in parachute pants smokin' cigs in the top row...

chefcraig
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Shows how out of touch I am - I wasn't even aware VHND allowed comments. How long has that been going on?

Since sometime in 2004. :biggrin:

Guitar Shark
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Ha! :o

Terry
02-04-2011, 09:26 PM
WARF was 8 when he saw VH in 1984 btw...

Actually, I shouldn't bust the new guys balls, as I was only 14 when I saw Van Halen in 1984.

chefcraig
02-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Actually, I shouldn't bust the new guys balls, as I was only 14 when I saw Van Halen in 1984.

Let it go, Terry. For one reason or another, this only gives weight to the rather remarkable fact that with less than a handful of exceptions, people with "5150" included in their usernames generally tend to be insufferable morons.

ashstralia
02-05-2011, 08:22 AM
^^^ouch! burns unit notified.

Terry
02-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Let it go, Terry. For one reason or another, this only gives weight to the rather remarkable fact that with less than a handful of exceptions, people with "5150" included in their usernames generally tend to be insufferable morons.

I mean, the thing of it is...see...it's 2011, So, if he is 37 in 2011, right? And you subtract 1983 (the year Van Halen played the US festival) from 2011...

PETE'S BROTHER
02-05-2011, 09:19 AM
..........yeah

ashstralia
02-05-2011, 09:38 AM
and you said it was hip for a kid to be at the us fest. please read people.

Terry
02-07-2011, 08:29 PM
..........yeah

um...yeah...

PETE'S BROTHER
02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
oh..yeah