PDA

View Full Version : Over The Edge (1979) - Still a Great Movie!

Mr Walker
02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I have Comcast and was looking for something to watch last Saturday Night and I came across 'Over The Edge' in hi-def in the On Demand Movies section.

Holy Shit... what a blast from the past.

It was this movie that turned me on to Van Halen back when I used to watch it on HBO when I was a kid.
That house party scene with 'You Really Got Me' blasting was just as kick-ass now as it was then.

There was also that great scene with the burnout chick dancing to 'Surrender' in an abandoned house waving a gun around that winds up going off. I was searching around for some more info on the movie and found a great article on it which states the chick totally improvised this scene.

If you get a chance... check it out, especially if you've never seen it... you won't be sorry.

Here's the article (just in case you haven't seen the movie and plan on tracking it down... be warned that the article contains spoilers) OVER THE EDGE
An Oral History of the Greatest Teen Rebellion Movie of All Time
(http://www.viceland.com/int/v16n9/htdocs/over-the-edge-134.php?page=1)

Mr Walker
02-04-2011, 01:12 PM
'Foxes' was another great 70s teen sex, drugs and rock'n'roll movie fx Jodie Foster, Cherrie Curie and Scott Baio.
Put these two films together and you'll have an amazing double-feature!

chefcraig
02-04-2011, 01:20 PM
1979 was a mind-fuckingly good year for movies. Seriously, look at this (and it's only a partial listing)...

Alien
All That Jazz
...And Justice for All
Apocalypse Now
Being There
The Black Hole
Breaking Away
The China Syndrome
The Warriors

To hell with this, see for yourself: List Of American Films 1979 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_films_of_1979)

Terry
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I have Comcast and was looking for something to watch last Saturday Night and I came across 'Over The Edge' in hi-def in the On Demand Movies section.

Holy Shit... what a blast from the past.

It was this movie that turned me on to Van Halen back when I used to watch it on HBO when I was a kid.
That house party scene with 'You Really Got Me' blasting was just as kick-ass now as it was then.

There was also that great scene with the burnout chick dancing to 'Surrender' in an abandoned house waving a gun around that winds up going off. I was searching around for some more info on the movie and found a great article on it which states the chick totally improvised this scene.

If you get a chance... check it out, especially if you've never seen it... you won't be sorry.

Here's the article (just in case you haven't seen the movie and plan on tracking it down... be warned that the article contains spoilers) OVER THE EDGE
An Oral History of the Greatest Teen Rebellion Movie of All Time
(http://www.viceland.com/int/v16n9/htdocs/over-the-edge-134.php?page=1)

Scooped that movie up on VHS for about $30 maybe six...seven years ago, brand new factory sealed wrapper, because I never figured it'd ever come out on dvd (even though it eventually did).

Terry
02-04-2011, 09:32 PM
'Foxes' was another great 70s teen sex, drugs and rock'n'roll movie fx Jodie Foster, Cherrie Curie and Scott Baio.
Put these two films together and you'll have an amazing double-feature!

Plus Angel makes a guest appearance halfway through the movie!

Mr Walker
02-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Plus Angel makes a guest appearance halfway through the movie!

So does a poster with all four KISS solo LP covers.