PDA

View Full Version : We've strayed from the Declaration of Independence.

FORD
02-04-2011, 01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LY7RTkQhUY

Hardrock69
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
That guy is just now figuring this out?

FORD
02-04-2011, 05:20 PM
No, Thom's been saying this on the radio for years. But now that he has a TV show, he's got a whole new audience to bring up to speed.

Hardrock69
02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Ah I see. I mean, we strayed away from the Declaration of Independence....oh in the early part of the 20th-Century at least.

Seshmeister
02-04-2011, 05:41 PM
It never existed in the first place - a bunch of slave traders saying "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Ridiculous rhetoric.

ELVIS
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Persuit of drunkeness ??

:biggrin:

Seshmeister
02-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Persuit of drunkeness ??

:biggrin:

Is that the Aramaic spelling? :)

ELVIS
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Death to alcoholam !!

kwame k
02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Death to alcoholam !!

Don't you blaspheme in here, ELVIS!

ELVIS
02-04-2011, 06:11 PM
This thread will probably last longer than that Thom Hartman show...

Nitro Express
02-05-2011, 03:27 AM
It never existed in the first place - a bunch of slave traders saying "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Ridiculous rhetoric.

I'm sure that's what King George III said.

ace diamond
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Ah I see. I mean, we strayed away from the Declaration of Independence....oh in the early part of the 20th-Century at least.

late 19th century, actually.

ace diamond
02-06-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm sure that's what King George III said.

King George III went utterly mad after losing the american colonies in the late 18th century, for the remainder of his life he was very terribly bitter over it.

Nitro Express
02-06-2011, 03:46 AM
King George III went utterly mad after losing the american colonies in the late 18th century, for the remainder of his life he was very terribly bitter over it.

I actually had to do a report on King George III for a school project. He was one of the few monarchs that was faithful to his wife. He was very religious and conservative. His sons on the other hand were hell raising buffoons.

ace diamond
02-06-2011, 04:04 AM
I actually had to do a report on King George III for a school project. He was one of the few monarchs that was faithful to his wife. He was very religious and conservative. His sons on the other hand were hell raising buffoons.

well, their father went bonkers after losing the revolutionary war to the "colonists", as some in england still to this day refer to
us and call americans as such.
not all the english have yet to accept to the defeat.
then again, me being an a half-apache, half-white american.........well, i and a good number of fellow native americans of the various many tribal nations, still have not surrendered their ancestral lands and freedoms in their hearts.
though we bitterly accepts being a conquered people, politically.
in our souls and in our hearts, we do not and never will surrender.
we are a strong and proud people.
we can survive in this land far better than anyone else.
you have only been here a few centuries.
native american lineage, of both north, central, and south american continents,
has mostly been here for thousands of years......just as long if not,as is true, historically, in many cases, mine included, longer than most of the royal houses
of europe.

Seshmeister
02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Considering you almost got completely fucking wiped out in a genocide, can't hold your booze and have to rely on gambling and subsidies as your only industry it kind of looks to me like you are not strong, proud, or good at surviving.

Quite the opposite.

In thousands of years the native Americans achieved almost nothing which is why you got wiped out by the far superior European culture.

Deal with it. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Considering you almost got completely fucking wiped out in a genocide, can't hold your booze and have to rely on gambling and subsidies as your only industry it kind of looks to me like you are not strong, proud, or good at surviving.

Quite the opposite.

In thousands of years the native Americans achieved almost nothing which is why you got wiped out by the far superior European culture.

The native Americans were a huge powerhouse. The Comanches ran the Spanish, the French, and the Mexicans out. Mexico was so terrified of a Comanche invasion that's why they allowed people from the US to settle Texas. They wanted a buffer zone. Seasoned civil war veterans got their asses kicked in battle by the Sioux. The Sioux had repeating rifles and knew how to use them. What did the indians in was not being beaten in battle but the white man hunted the buffalo to almost extinction and once you kill of the main resource for a civilization, you have done that civilization in.

I might add one of the most complicated languages in the world is Navajo. Navajo translators were used in both theaters during world war II to send and translate messages. Neither the Japanese or the Germans could break their code. So native americans played a vital part in winning World War II.

Seshmeister
02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Hardly vital more like a footnote.

As far as the buffalo it's forgotten when people romanticise them that the native americans used to hunt them by chasing herds over cliffs which was a hugely wasteful way of hunting.

They may have had repeating rifle but they couldn't make them.

And getting the French to retreat, well...

ace diamond
02-06-2011, 10:06 PM

Quite the opposite.

sesh, the apache have not been wiped out.
some of the tribes were obliterated in acts of biological terrorism by white, on authority of american and european governments.
giving people blankets laced with small pox, a lethal disease not native to north america, is so brave of you "superior" europeans...
it was one of the most cowardly acts of war ever.........genocide by small pox laced blankets, because you could not defeat us in war.
you could not break our spirit, nor our resolve.
shove your crown, your bible, religion, and your so-called "superiority" straight up your ass!

Seshmeister
02-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm playing devils advocate here just in case you didn't realise. :)

Seems though that these days a lot of historians dispute the smallpox blanket stories though.

From Wikki

Dissent to the Biological Weapon Theory
There is current scholarly dissent to the theory that the outbreaks of smallpox may have been aided by the intentional spreading of disease. The outbreaks that occurred specifically in this region may have resulted from sporadic cases already occurring amongst Indians rather than from this scenario.[6] Historians also say that though blankets containing smallpox may have been distributed to Native Americans by the Europeans, they may have been given with good will and intentions, instead of for the purpose of disseminating disease. Additionally, scholars such as Gregory Dowd, are of the opinion that disease was spread by Native Americans returning from battling infected Europeans. Therefore it may have been carried by Native Americans to their own people and spread.[8]

Seshmeister
02-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Wow this is not the graph of people who still had resolve.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Leading_Causes_AIAN.pdf

Amazing graph.

ace diamond
02-06-2011, 10:54 PM
sesh, my great-grandmother told me at my naming ceremony in 1981, when i was 4, that her grandmother, samantha smith, told her
that after the train ride to fort hood texas, where the names and tribes of the people were written down, that most of the folks were given blankets that made them deathly sick with "white bumps all over their skin", and many died. samantha was a child at the time. it was the 1880's
those that survived, were sent to "indian territory", today known as the state of Oklahoma.
the documents of fort hood indian registrations of the late 19th century, i am told by my mom, were destroyed in a fire in the 1920's or 1930's.
so the small pox laced blankets thing really did happen.
scholars and their "theories" about how they think it didn't happen can kiss my ass.
it is a historical fact, sesh.
it did indeed happen.

ace diamond
02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Wow this is not the graph of people who still had resolve.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Leading_Causes_AIAN.pdf

Amazing graph.
1.wikipedia is a piece of shit. they are quite inaccurate on many number of things.
2.that 2nd grade pie chart was made in the 21st century, right?
if that is the case, then it really doesn't apply to what i am talking about.
also, it doen't specify which issues apply to what tribe, either.

Blaze
02-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Back on topic~
Free Pocket Constitution and Declaration of Independence
(Limited to one free per customer.)
Specifications: Paperback, 114 Pages
Expected Release date is February 28th, 2011
You can get additional copies for $1 each or less depending on how many you want

http://www.americanvision.com/products/Pocket-Constitution-and-Declaration-of-Independence.html

FORD
02-07-2011, 02:55 AM
I might add one of the most complicated languages in the world is Navajo. Navajo translators were used in both theaters during world war II to send and translate messages. Neither the Japanese or the Germans could break their code. So native americans played a vital part in winning World War II.

And let's not forget Ira Hayes, of Arizona's Pima Nation, who was part of this iconic image at Iwo Jima.......

http://www.iwojima.com/images/main_small.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKDLQWEvubc

Kristy
02-07-2011, 10:50 AM
That guy is just now figuring this out?

He reminds me of every "hip" instructor I had in college. You know, dresses like a cross between the professor on Gilligan's Island and a narc claiming he's down with the kids because he claimed to have dropped acid while protesting the Nixon-era politics.

Kristy
02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
1.wikipedia is a piece of shit. they are quite inaccurate on many number of things.

About the only thing I can agree with you on. Shitipediia is the web's #1 copy & paste website where anybody with a caliber GED education (or lower) can twist opinion and failed research into fact. Surprised Little Penis Brain isn't a full time employee for them.

Nitro Express
02-07-2011, 01:59 PM
He reminds me of every "hip" instructor I had in college. You know, dresses like a cross between the professor on Gilligan's Island and a narc claiming he's down with the kids because he claimed to have dropped acid while protesting the Nixon-era politics.

Most of the instructors I had in college were old dudes with chalk dust on their suits. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-07-2011, 02:06 PM
God. I couldn't even watch the whole video the guy was so fucking annoying. Nice beard stubble and jeans with the tie and sport coat look. He looks like he should be on Magnum PI in 1981.