PDA

View Full Version : In knew the 80's were a special time when I was a teen and knew I had to enjoy it.

Nitro Express
02-07-2011, 12:46 AM
The 80's for me really started when I saw Van Halen for the first time on their 1980 Invasion Tour. The whole apathetic 70's thing, disco, the Vietnam stigma and all that was dissipating. Great new music was flooding in hard and real rock and roll was returning. There seemed to be new confidence. I knew good times don't last and knew the times were special so I inhaled it all. Now after experiencing the lame 90's, 00's, and now paying for all that lameness in the 10's, my only regret is I didn't inhale the 80's in harder. I wished I would have fucked it harder and rolled in it more.

ace diamond
02-07-2011, 01:44 AM
yeah, man......i hear ya!

Blaze
02-07-2011, 02:04 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JpRBJhwsgxs/TOrnh-LJYeI/AAAAAAAAAHE/IWnepHDcZA8/s1600/matrix-red-blue-pills.png

Nitro Express
02-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't know what kind of drugs you are on Blaze but I want some!:biggrin:

Blaze
02-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Grande' Luvs you too, BayBay. ;)

Government Accountability - :biggrin:happy hunting (link) (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?61572-Government-Accountability-happy...)

Terry
02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Far as pop culture goes, compared to what has transpired in the last twenty years the 80s were pretty sweet...even the late 1980s had a certain eye-rolling charm to them.

Am honestly pretty thankful I was around when CVH were active and got to see them bring it live (even if it was through a haze of third generation homegrown and Peppermint Schnapps).

Prothro
02-07-2011, 11:37 PM
I remember in the 80's I never thought things would change, and then the 90's came and the music sucked.
The 80's really were a different time , things were just more fun.

ZahZoo
02-12-2011, 09:39 AM
The early 70's was a much better time to be a teen, especially from a music perspective. Cut your pre-teen teeth on the greats of the late 60's and then dive right into the post-hippie 70's with the birth of metal and hard rock's hey-day... Then add being old enough to truely enjoy the early 80's as a young adult.

Now git off my damn lawn you punks!!

Blaze
02-12-2011, 12:06 PM
I donkno, zoo. I was thinking this morning how "sucking in the seventies" music was similar to a significant section of todays music. I noticed that a lot of the 70's music was song with the subject I, me, or you.

I think art loses a quality when an artist solely focuses on self portraits.
An artist should capture the quality of the world around them. The quality that cannot be captured by news reports, historical reports, and the like.

Terry
02-13-2011, 08:56 PM
I donkno, zoo. I was thinking this morning how "sucking in the seventies" music was similar to a significant section of todays music. I noticed that a lot of the 70's music was song with the subject I, me, or you.

I think art loses a quality when an artist solely focuses on self portraits.
An artist should capture the quality of the world around them. The quality that cannot be captured by news reports, historical reports, and the like.

Perhaps, but even the schmaltziest of 1970s pop cheese still beats the shite riding high in the charts these days.

Candy Girl
02-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Perhaps, but even the schmaltziest of 1970s pop cheese still beats the shite riding high in the charts these days.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :baaa:

ELVIS
02-14-2011, 04:40 AM
But that bullshit isn't true...:biggrin: