PDA

View Full Version : Man stabbed to death by cockfighting bird...

Diamondjimi
02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51146000/jpg/_51146942_011074117-1.jpg

A man attending an illegal cockfight in California died after being stabbed in the leg by one of the birds, officials have said.

The cock had a knife attached to its limb to take part in the gambling fight in Tulare County, central California.

Jose Luis Ochoa, 35, was declared dead in hospital where he arrived some two hours after being injured.

The coroner's report said he had suffered an accidental "sharp force injury" to his right calf.

It was not immediately clear if a delay in seeking medical attention was a factor in the death.

"I have never seen this type of incident," Sgt Martin King, who had worked in the sheriff's department for more than two decades, told the Bakersfield Californian on Sunday, when the incident happened.

Other dead roosters and materials suggesting cockfighting were found at the location, reports said, but no arrests were made.

Mr Ochoa, reportedly a regular participant in organised cockfights, had already been fined for owning or training an animal for fighting, according to court records cited by the newspaper.

Though cockfighting is illegal in the US, California is a popular destination state for people involved in the sport as raising the gamecocks, organising matches and attending fights as a spectator are all classified as misdemeanours on the first offence, rather than more serious criminal offences in the state.

LINK (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12393125)

FORD
02-08-2011, 02:19 PM
That's what happens when you give weapons to pissed off chickens. And I doubt it was an accident. They're just calling it that because they can't put a rooster on trial.

However, he probably WILL get the death penalty......

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/images/20100218-peruvian-chicken.jpg

Kristy
02-08-2011, 02:40 PM
No reason for posting this. Seems a bit appropriate for those shitheads who engage in this type of sick shit.*

*Sorry, did that sound anger-issue related? I do so humbly apologize, Chef.

hambon4lif
02-08-2011, 02:44 PM
....ya' gotta wonder how that's gonna look on his tombstone.

Jose Ochoa
1976-2011
Killed By Cock

kwame k
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I've never understood the allure of dog fighting and cock fighting......

How is it sporting and even remotely entertaining?

Jagermeister
02-08-2011, 02:47 PM

It's for gambling on. Kinda stupid huh?

chefcraig
02-08-2011, 02:48 PM

Christ, get over yourself already, will you? The act was old a while ago. :indifferent0020:

Jagermeister
02-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Christ, get over yourself already, will you? The act was old a while ago. :indifferent0020:

lol. Yeah post another random profile picture of yourself errr urmm or something. :biggrin:

kwame k
02-08-2011, 02:51 PM
It's for gambling on. Kinda stupid huh?

Yeah......now if they brought back the Roman....man vs animal thing.......

Even then....I just couldn't get into it.

Amazing when you consider I hunt and fish!

Jagermeister
02-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah......now if they brought back the Roman....man vs animal thing.......

Even then....I just couldn't get into it.

Amazing when you consider I hunt and fish!

No reason to waste a perfectly good cock when Blaze could make a good life for it. :biggrin:

Kristy
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM

:fiddle: Right back at ya, asshole.

kwame k
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
No reason to waste a perfectly good cock when Blaze could make a good life for it. :biggrin:

Jesus dude, now we'll get pages of huffed out Haiku.........

Jagermeister
02-08-2011, 03:12 PM

:biggrin:

chefcraig
02-08-2011, 03:15 PM

Thanks. Now it's easier to lump you in with the other unbalanced yet fairly predictable women around here, prone to posting poorly (if at all) thought-out nonsense or utter gibberish. Really, it isn't my fault that you rarely seem to know what you are talking about. Don't forget to close the medicine cabinet as you leave the bathroom, sweetheart.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 03:20 PM
:popc1: where is go-spurs with the fuckin' beer?:smoke2:

Kristy
02-08-2011, 03:22 PM
And you with your sexist avatar, useless trivial information on lame 70's acts, dead musicians, and pseudo-intellectual diatribes. Don't forget to re-fill the propane on your (mobile) home before logging out.

chefcraig
02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Nicely done, further supporting my point.

Kristy
02-08-2011, 03:26 PM

You mean the one on your head where most low-flying planes constantly run into?

chefcraig
02-08-2011, 03:38 PM
That's the spirit! Keep on digging.

Kristy
02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
And you keep on salvaging what's left of your male ego by engaging it in defense mode.

Jagermeister
02-08-2011, 03:43 PM

To be honest Kristy's avatar kinda gives me the creeps. What does that chick have planned for that big glove?:(

chefcraig
02-08-2011, 03:53 PM
And you keep on salvaging what's left of your male ego by engaging it in defense mode.

Yeah, I'm like that. My poor, fragile ego is always on the defensive. :lmao:

So what's your excuse for always lashing out at things?

VanHalener
02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA
WAY TO GO ROOSTER!!!
I bet the Rooster felt like Clint in this scene and the animal abuser felt like the sherriff.

GO-SPURS-GO
02-08-2011, 04:52 PM
:popc1: where is go-spurs with the fuckin' beer?:smoke2:

I hope you like Lone Star? Cool! Cheers! :beers8:

I hope you saved some popcorn for me?

FORD
02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Why are you still drinking that Lone Star shit when you have better choices available locally?

http://www.drinkrangercreek.com/san-antonio-brewery/

Never tried any of it, since I haven't been in Texas since 1978, but it looks like some solid choices. Well, actually liquid choices, but you know what I mean..... :gulp:

SunisinuS
02-08-2011, 05:25 PM
....ya' gotta wonder how that's gonna look on his tombstone.

Jose Ochoa
1976-2011
Killed By Cock

Jose Ochoa
1976-2011
"This Rooster Booster
Now lies Here Placid
When Faced with Cock-Rage
He was caught Flaccid."

lesfunk
02-08-2011, 05:30 PM

Think of Saviki and Ace D in a pit with razor blades attached to their flaps of skin

kwame k
02-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Now there's a cock fight for the ages!

chefcraig
02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Think of Saviki and Ace D in a pit with razor blades attached to their flaps of skin

Even worse, think of the poor son of a bitch whose job is to dig a pit large enough to accommodate the both of 'em.

lesfunk
02-08-2011, 05:38 PM
gee, I hadn't thought of that....

GO-SPURS-GO
02-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Why are you still drinking that Lone Star shit when you have better choices available locally?

But FORD, it’s the “Official” beer of Texas?

“Lone Star beer uses the finest hops from the Pacific Northwest.” Did you hear that, The Pacific Northwest? They get their hops from your hood, so it can’t be bad. Plus, look at all the awards they have won? ;)
http://www.lonestarbeer.com/our_story/lonestar.aspx

I haven't been in Texas since 1978

Since 1978? Well it’s time for a visit don’t you think? Once you get here all accommodations are on me! I know the BCE has its headquarters down here, but don’t worry, I won’t let them get you. :biggrin:

lesfunk
02-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Last time I was in Texas I had a grand time. I had a one nighter gig in the greater Autin area with a 70-s disco band.I was only is Austin for 2 days but those strippers still got most all my money

GO-SPURS-GO
02-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Last time I was in Texas I had a grand time. I had a one nighter gig in the greater Autin area with a 70-s disco band.I was only is Austin for 2 days but those strippers still got most all my money

San Antonio is like night and day compared to Austin. Austin has a motto that says “Keep Austin Weird” and we countered with “Keep San Antonio Lame.” Since I’m a social conservative I’m just fine with that. Fiscally, I side with those weirdo’s most of the time. :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
02-08-2011, 06:18 PM
No reason for posting this. Seems a bit appropriate for those shitheads who engage in this type of sick shit.*

Thanks. Now it's easier to lump you in with the other unbalanced yet fairly predictable women around here, prone to posting poorly (if at all) thought-out nonsense or utter gibberish. Really, it isn't my fault that you rarely seem to know what you are talking about. Don't forget to close the medicine cabinet as you leave the bathroom, sweetheart.

And you with your sexist avatar, useless trivial information on lame 70's acts, dead musicians, and pseudo-intellectual diatribes. Don't forget to re-fill the propane on your (mobile) home before logging out.

You mean the one on your head where most low-flying planes constantly run into?

Yeah, I'm like that. My poor, fragile ego is always on the defensive. :lmao:

So what's your excuse for always lashing out at things?

Take it to PM kids. This is a family thread....

That is all !

Diamondjimi
02-08-2011, 06:20 PM

Now, that's funny right there!:biggrin:

lesfunk
02-08-2011, 06:21 PM
San Antonio is like night and day compared to Austin. Austin has a motto that says “Keep Austin Weird” and we countered with “Keep San Antonio Lame.” Since I’m a social conservative I’m just fine with that. Fiscally, I side with those weirdo’s most of the time. :biggrin:

Is there a music scene in SA? I'm sick of the lame Northeast. Any work for an experienced Bass player/ vocalist?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Take it to PM kids. This is a family thread....

That is all !

family cockfighting....:barf:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I hope you like Lone Star? Cool! Cheers! :beers8:

I hope you saved some popcorn for me?

yes, bring lonestar or anything, i'm still finishin' pabst blue ribbon from the superbowl cooler :( (somebody brought it over) fuck popcorn we're gonna have porterhousesseseseessess if you show up

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 06:28 PM

with some here, that would be a bannable post. maybe not bannable but, god, think first next time. i already have no faith in mental health professionals thanks to kristy, but that image is gonna burn for some time. (asshole)

lesfunk
02-08-2011, 06:31 PM
asshole? dickweed!

chefcraig
02-08-2011, 06:35 PM
asshole? dickweed!

Wood eye? Harelip! Harelip!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 06:35 PM
asshole? dickweed!

x's and o's, sweetcheeks:biggrin:

lesfunk
02-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks thilly! I'm thorny like a thailor at thee

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Wood eye? Harelip! Harelip!

that punchline and "why do you ask, twodogsfucking?" are my faves without the jokes:biggrin:

chefcraig
02-08-2011, 06:44 PM
that punchline and "why do you ask, twodogsfucking?" are my faves without the jokes:biggrin:

Jesus, everyone in the room just looked over at me, wondering why I was holding my sides and cracking up. I couldn't exactly tell them the reason.

Thanks for that, man. :baaa:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Jesus, everyone in the room just looked over at me, wondering why I was holding my sides and cracking up. I couldn't exactly tell them the reason.

Thanks for that, man. :baaa:

no charge :biggrin:

GO-SPURS-GO
02-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Is there a music scene in SA? I'm sick of the lame Northeast. Any work for an experienced Bass player/ vocalist?

Since I play classic metal I would say yes. Classic metal is alive and well here in San Antonio. I’ve heard your playing (kicks ass, by the way :killer:) and if you wanted to do that here you might not make a whole lot of money. There’s no market here for Funk, Jazz or Blues, unfortunately. :( It’s either classic metal or playing in a cover band that plays a lot of Tool, and I think you’re over qualified for both! ;)

GO-SPURS-GO
02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
yes, bring lonestar or anything, i'm still finishin' pabst blue ribbon from the superbowl cooler :( (somebody brought it over) fuck popcorn we're gonna have porterhousesseseseessess if you show up

Pabst Blue Ribbon? :umm: Man, I’m surprised FORD hasn’t given you some shit for drinking that. :biggrin: If he does pop in here, here’s what I would tell him, “Well it won a Blue Ribbon, didn’t it?” :baaa:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 09:25 PM
it's gone

FORD
02-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Pabst Blue Ribbon sucks ass too. Didn't like Pabst even when it was "local" (They made it at the old Olympia brewery for a while. Never liked Olympia beer either, though I can't say the smell coming out of the place was bad. As opposed to say, the Coors brewery in Golden Colorado which literally smells like something died in there.)

All the same though, I prefer the local brewery that's still operational.

http://www.fishbrewing.com/

http://www.fishbrewing.com/images/logos/lg/trout_stout.gif http://www.fishbrewing.com/images/logos/lg/organic_india_pale_ale.gif http://www.fishbrewing.com/images/logos/lg/winterfish.gif

http://www.fishbrewing.com/images/fish_organic/cascadia.png

GO-SPURS-GO
02-08-2011, 09:31 PM
it's gone

No it’s not! Wait, it should come out the other way in a few hours. ;)

Well it always did when I used to drink that stuff. :squirts:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
finishin' some coors light now, tomorrow is gonna suck:(

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 09:42 PM
sam adams winter lager left, very tastier...

GO-SPURS-GO
02-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Pabst Blue Ribbon sucks ass too!

Well it won a Blue Ribbon, didn’t it? :confused: :hee:

All the same though, I prefer the local brewery that's still operational.

http://www.fishbrewing.com/

Damn, FORD… You know a little something about every beer known to man, don’t you?! :notworthy:

FORD
02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Tragically, no. There are many beers I have yet to try. Such as actual Guinness in an Irish pub. Or a real German beer in the land of (most of) my ancestors.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 09:53 PM
heinie in amsterdam and finnish bber in finland is the best i've done. mexico don't count

PETE'S BROTHER
02-08-2011, 09:53 PM
bber?:biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-08-2011, 10:07 PM
I made beer out of a box of Grape Nuts cereal. It wasn't bad.

ashstralia
02-08-2011, 10:34 PM
there are many great aussie boutique ales, but they're too bloody expensive! so i'll stick to our mass produced swill, which is of course far superior to your mass produced swill. it's the water, dudes. :)

FORD
02-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Would that be Fosters mass produced swill, or Victoria Bitters mass produced swill?

Used to drink the US version of Fosters back in the 80's when you could only get it here in the big "oil drum" cans. They changed distribution and started selling it in 6 packs of bottles. Normally beer tastes better in glass, but they just ruined it.

Used to drink this on occasion too.....

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/400416909_11f95590c0.jpg

Sheaf Stout. Resembles Guinness in many ways, though it's a little sweeter. Sadly I haven't seen it in the stores around here lately.

But that's the extent of my knowledge on Aussie beer :gulp:

ashstralia
02-08-2011, 11:38 PM
i haven't seen fosters here for 20+ years ford. sheaf either. the vb is our best selling beer domestically, so at least it's always fresh. icy cold it has a nice bite, and not too heavy. so i think it suits the climate well. toohey's new is popular too, but i find it a bit watery and lacking a certain depth.

fifth element
02-08-2011, 11:52 PM

if you had a CLUE how old that line was...or how many times most of us have heard it.....you'd never stoop to using it....
trust me, you wouldn't

ace diamond
02-09-2011, 10:52 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51146000/jpg/_51146942_011074117-1.jpg

A man attending an illegal cockfight in California died after being stabbed in the leg by one of the birds, officials have said.

The cock had a knife attached to its limb to take part in the gambling fight in Tulare County, central California.

Jose Luis Ochoa, 35, was declared dead in hospital where he arrived some two hours after being injured.

The coroner's report said he had suffered an accidental "sharp force injury" to his right calf.

It was not immediately clear if a delay in seeking medical attention was a factor in the death.

"I have never seen this type of incident," Sgt Martin King, who had worked in the sheriff's department for more than two decades, told the Bakersfield Californian on Sunday, when the incident happened.

Other dead roosters and materials suggesting cockfighting were found at the location, reports said, but no arrests were made.

Mr Ochoa, reportedly a regular participant in organised cockfights, had already been fined for owning or training an animal for fighting, according to court records cited by the newspaper.

Though cockfighting is illegal in the US, California is a popular destination state for people involved in the sport as raising the gamecocks, organising matches and attending fights as a spectator are all classified as misdemeanours on the first offence, rather than more serious criminal offences in the state.

LINK (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12393125)

well, here is a nominee for the 2011 darwin awards.........
:gulp:

ace diamond
02-09-2011, 11:25 PM

hey les, no offense, dude, but you really don't have any room to talk.
you're not exactly a bean pole either, buddy.

lesfunk
02-09-2011, 11:28 PM
True My Friend! But I am loved and respected around here. You have yet to attain the level of respect and admiration I enjoy around these parts. Besides, I don't cockfight.

ace diamond
02-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Tragically, no. There are many beers I have yet to try. Such as actual Guinness in an Irish pub. Or a real German beer in the land of (most of) my ancestors.
i've got you beat on that one, ford.
i was in munich for 15 days march 3-march 18 in 2004.
real bavarian beer, in the capital of bavaria, is the greatest beer i've ever had.
you really must go there and drink the real deal.
you will be fucking ruined for life on the beer here.......by comparison, it's fucking pisswater for babies.

ace diamond
02-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Since I play classic metal I would say yes. Classic metal is alive and well here in San Antonio. I’ve heard your playing (kicks ass, by the way :killer:) and if you wanted to do that here you might not make a whole lot of money. There’s no market here for Funk, Jazz or Blues, unfortunately. :( It’s either classic metal or playing in a cover band that plays a lot of Tool, and I think you’re over qualified for both! ;)

well then......sounds like i'd have plenty of fun then.......classic metal is right up my alley!

ace diamond
02-09-2011, 11:40 PM
True My Friend! But I am loved and respected around here. You have yet to attain the level of respect and admiration I enjoy around these parts. Besides, I don't cockfight.

and i am loathed and despised..ja, ja, ja..big fucking fat-assed hairy fucking deal.........having the respect of a few cyber-bullies and
their assorted internet cronies isn't really on my list of priorities in life, so it doesn't really mean shit to me........
as for the cockfights, no thanks.
i don't live in that part of california.
i think it's just plain wrong.
it's cruely to animals.
that is all.

FORD
02-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I made beer out of a box of Grape Nuts cereal. It wasn't bad.

Just checked Google and it seems like a lot of people have tried that. Since the cereal is wheat, barley,and yeast it makes sense.

So what did you use for hops?

lesfunk
02-09-2011, 11:48 PM
and i am loathed and despised..ja, ja, ja..big fucking fat-assed hairy fucking deal.........having the respect of a few cyber-bullies and
their assorted internet cronies isn't really on my list of priorities in life, so it doesn't really mean shit to me........
as for the cockfights, no thanks.
i don't live in that part of california.
i think it's just plain wrong.

it's cruely to animals.
that is all.

It was a joke, Capt. Literal.

ace diamond
02-09-2011, 11:51 PM
It was a joke, Capt. Literal.

no shit....really?
perhaps you did not pick up on the sarcasm of that post.
easy turbo....

ashstralia
02-10-2011, 05:36 AM
can we still talk about beer? the coopers green label is the best cloudy beer i've ever had the great fortune to come across. :)

Grant
02-10-2011, 08:14 AM
i haven't seen fosters here for 20+ years ford. sheaf either. the vb is our best selling beer domestically, so at least it's always fresh. icy cold it has a nice bite, and not too heavy. so i think it suits the climate well. toohey's new is popular too, but i find it a bit watery and lacking a certain depth.

Sheaf is still very much around here, mate. I always substitute for it, if by chance, I can't manage to get my hands on any Guinness.

FORD's already got my thirsty for it... :yum: