PDA

View Full Version : Fuck You, Windows 7!

Kristy
02-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Fuck you and fuck your Micro$oft obfuscated on-line help bullshit. Malevolent spites and your "Windows 7 was my idea" your day of reckoning is coming!

Nitro Express
02-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Ah. It sounds like Microsoft is the same old Microsoft. What do you expect from a company that stole most of it's product technology, would be nowhere if it didn't get the big break with IBM, and makes most it's money off of a boring product like MS Office? Microsoft has been coasting on it's market share and not much else for years.

Kristy
02-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Who cares? Windows 7 is another Micro$oft turd.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2011, 11:37 AM
the sun is shining here....

Kristy
02-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Mirco$oft needs a bitch slap.

kwame k
02-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Seriously, how do you really feel about it;)

I thought 7 was more stable and less of a memory hog than Vi$ta. I'm still using XP but thought the alloted time has passed from when Micro$oft unleashes a shitty product, with tons of bugs, on the unsuspecting public.....fixes bugs and flaws but only one at a time and never admits shit is their fault......

Did Window$ tech support try and blame your ISP for the fault?

We used to get tons of calls where those fuckers would try and blame us......Sorry sir, but your internet connection has nothing to do with your computer rebooting all by itself....but they said it was your fault!!!!!!!

Seshmeister
02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Don't get the 64 bit version or you end up with all sorts of compatibility problems but the 32 bit seems good enough.

Kristy
02-10-2011, 11:47 AM
No. 7 kicks the snot out of XCrap until you get a "unknown system error" that prevents it from running correctly. If I have to do a complete re-install...sorry, another "anger issue" huh?

Kristy
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
And on a completely unrelated side note, when did cheesy Italian hooker/fetish wear become all of the sudden fashionable?

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/1969italiaboutique/1969%20ART%2001%20Camoscio%20Azzurro/1969%20Boots/1969%20DS%20041%20Nappa%20Nero/1969%20ART%20DS041%20Cocco%20Rosso/2.jpg

Good Gawd! Stop this madness now! I mean, you could lose your kidneys walking in those monstrosities.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2011, 12:00 PM
nice upskirt pic, i guess

SunisinuS
02-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm confused...."Waiter....More coffee please". And did you say she is wearing kidneys as shoes?

kwame k
02-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I took and stripped off all the bullshit and am running a bare bones XP OS........

This is a great site for tips and tricks....I can only attest to the XP part http://www.tweakxp.com/performance_tweaks.aspx

Here it is for 7 http://www.tweakwin7.com/

The obvious caveat.....save a back up if you start fucking with the registery.

Does 7 have the System Restore feature like XP and Vi$ta?

Oh, and if you weren't angry.....I wouldn't know it's you:) I keed!!!!!

Kristy
02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Give me Prada, A Windows 7 that works or give me death!

http://img19.imageshack.us/i/pradarunwayboot.jpg/

Just give me Prada. I can skip the other two.

SunisinuS
02-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I took and stripped off all the bullshit and am running a bare bones XP OS........

This is a great site for tips and tricks....I can only attest to the XP part http://www.tweakxp.com/performance_tweaks.aspx

Here it is for 7 http://www.tweakwin7.com/

The obvious caveat.....save a back up if you start fucking with the registery.

Oh, and if you weren't angry.....I wouldn't know it's you:) I keed!!!!!

Here is a little cheat that I use when going into a new office situation where the person who had the conn before me loaded up on Hello Kittie Messenger service and online Poker:

http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html

No mess no fuss way to clear out processes that are Gordian Knotted, without making permanent changes.

Kristy
02-10-2011, 12:08 PM

Yes, but for SOME REASON it won't allow for a system restore or a recovery from disc.

Bob_R
02-10-2011, 12:17 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR18dYtaP-g5MyanZHJLISxq4QSDyDpRyPFlpJzPo72nuSeQxc0

kwame k
02-10-2011, 12:19 PM
...an unknown sys error is usually in the start up and means part of you OS is missing or corrupt...

Is that the exact error you're getting?

kwame k
02-10-2011, 12:19 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR18dYtaP-g5MyanZHJLISxq4QSDyDpRyPFlpJzPo72nuSeQxc0

:lmao: smart ass!

Kristy
02-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Won't let me download a "critical update" and informs me a file (or two) is corrupt.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931712

Tried the solutions, none worked.

Kristy
02-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Sorry, paying over $1800 for a notebook that all the kewl kids like for a symbol doesn't appeal to me. And when a Mac dies off warranty? Second mortgage to get it fixed.

Bob_R
02-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Sorry, paying over $1800 for a notebook that all the kewl kids like for a symbol doesn't appeal to me. And when a Mac dies off warranty? Second mortgage to get it fixed.

Um... millions of adults use MACS. What warranty? Why would you need a warranty with a MAC?

Kristy
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Why wouldn't you? My roommate has one of those iMac's pieces of shit. Paid over $2,000 for it - something went wrong in it last year. Cost to fix? Astro-fucking-nomical and only from a Mac dealer of course. Besides, if I want that kind of pretentiousness I'll just read a Chefcraig post.

VAiN
02-10-2011, 12:43 PM

This is retarded. When comparing feature to feature, a Mac is the same or may cost slightly more than a Pee Cee... but it comes with no headaches, none of this virus spyware bullshit and everything works.... To write it off as for 'the kewl kids' is just fucking dumb. A BMW costs more than a Toyota. I'll never understand why people bitch about misco$oft but continue to buy their products.
I have one of those 'piece of shit' over $2,000 iMacs... it's a beautiful machine and stomps all over your fucking PC. Oh, and you can get an extended warranty on a Mac just like anything else... What's the fail rate on a windoze box? I bet it's no different than Apple if not worse due to all of the 3rd party parts. You get what you pay for.

Kristy
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
You know, you may have an anger issue there, VAiN.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2011, 12:49 PM
he probly won't get hung up on it, tho....

VAiN
02-10-2011, 12:54 PM
You know, you may have an anger issue there, VAiN.

It's true... hearing that kind of bullshit makes me angry. Hate windoze all day long, and keep going back to it, that's fine... but don't start knocking a superior product.
We're all adults with jobs, spend the extra $200 for peace of mind. It won't break the bank and you'll never have to deal with windoze again.

Bob_R
02-10-2011, 12:55 PM
This is retarded. When comparing feature to feature, a Mac is the same or may cost slightly more than a Pee Cee... but it comes with no headaches, none of this virus spyware bullshit and everything works.... To write it off as for 'the kewl kids' is just fucking dumb. A BMW costs more than a Toyota. I'll never understand why people bitch about misco$oft but continue to buy their products.
I have one of those 'piece of shit' over $2,000 iMacs... it's a beautiful machine and stomps all over your fucking PC. Oh, and you can get an extended warranty on a Mac just like anything else... What's the fail rate on a windoze box? I bet it's no different than Apple.

:baaa:

I've had exactly ZERO issues with my machine (15 months and running :biggrin:)

Bob_R
02-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Why wouldn't you? My roommate has one of those iMac's pieces of shit. Paid over $2,000 for it - something went wrong in it last year. Cost to fix? Astro-fucking-nomical and only from a Mac dealer of course. Besides, if I want that kind of pretentiousness I'll just read a Chefcraig post.

Yeah, whatever. Go fix your computer.

Dan
02-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Damn,We Need A PC Hug In Here.:D

kwame k
02-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Shut the fuck up, Dan;)

kwame k
02-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Did you try this?

This error may occur if the Component-Based Servicing (CBS) manifest is corrupted. To resolve this issue, try the steps listed below.

Run the System Update Readiness tool (Checksur.exe) ()

1. Download and run the System Update Readiness tool. This tool runs a one-time scan for inconsistencies that may prevent future servicing operations.
For more information about how to download and run the Checksur.exe tool, see Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821/ )
2. Try to install updates again. If this did not resolve the problem, proceed to the next section.

Perform a repair installation of Windows

When you perform a repair installation, this restores the current Windows installation to the version on the installation DVD. This requires you to reinstall all updates that are not included in that version of Windows.

To perform a repair installation of Windows, follow these steps:

1. Close all programs, and then restart the computer.
2. Insert the Windows DVD in the computer's DVD drive.
3. In the Setup window, click Install Now.
Note If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click the StartCollapse this imageExpand this image button, and then type Drive:\setup.exe in the search box.
Note The Drive placeholder is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. In the Programs list, click Setup.exe.

c. In the Setup window, click Install Now.

d. Click Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation (recommended).

e. Click Yes to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.

f. On the Which kind of installation do you want? screen, click Upgrade.

When the installation is complete, restart your computer, and then try to install the updates.

FORD
02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
First thing to do with ANY version of Windows is to shut off the useless crap that you will never use. A great guide for this process can be found at www.blackviper.com

He's got different levels for stripping down each version of Windows. But even with the minimal "safe" level, there's still a good deal of useless crap you can shut down.

Or alternatively, just say "fuck it" altogether and install Linux Mint (http://www.linuxmint.com).

kwame k
02-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah....Window$ runs much better without all the useless crap!

Kristy
02-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Nitro Express
02-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Seriously, how do you really feel about it;)

I thought 7 was more stable and less of a memory hog than Vi$ta. I'm still using XP but thought the alloted time has passed from when Micro$oft unleashes a shitty product, with tons of bugs, on the unsuspecting public.....fixes bugs and flaws but only one at a time and never admits shit is their fault......

Did Window$ tech support try and blame your ISP for the fault?

We used to get tons of calls where those fuckers would try and blame us......Sorry sir, but your internet connection has nothing to do with your computer rebooting all by itself....but they said it was your fault!!!!!!!

Sounds like the run around hasn't changed. When I worked for HP, Microsoft would always blame us for their peripheral interface problems. We often had to remind Microsnob our shit was IEEE certified and our drivers were written to the specifications Microsoft submitted us. What I learned is Microsoft would just release buggy software that had not been properly beta tested to get the bugs out.

fifth element
02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Here is a little cheat that I use when going into a new office situation where the person who had the conn before me loaded up on Hello Kittie Messenger service and online Poker:

http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html

No mess no fuss way to clear out processes that are Gordian Knotted, without making permanent changes.
still need to check that out.....

kwame k
02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Window$ updates were the worse........

Micro$oft, in a written statement to our company, said we were no longer able to transfer customers over to Micro$oft and suggested we tell our customers to go to Micro$soft's website for any problems they had.

The geniuses at Micro$oft forgot to factor in one tiny fact......90% of the people calling us were calling because they couldn't get ON THE INTERNET:pullinghair:

chefcraig
02-10-2011, 02:24 PM
The geniuses at Micro$oft forgot to factor in one tiny fact......90% of the people calling us were calling because they couldn't get ON THE INTERNET:pullinghair:

This happened here after the hurricanes of 2004. The state was broadcasting (on the radio and tv) a website to contact for assistance, to people had no electricity.

fifth element
02-10-2011, 03:06 PM
This happened here after the hurricanes of 2004. The state was broadcasting (on the radio and tv) a website to contact for assistance, to people had no electricity.

Typical of State assistance...

FORD
02-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Maybe Jeb's not all that smarter than his brother after all? :biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-10-2011, 03:16 PM

Oh if it hits the fan the government is always a joke. I volunteered to sandbag during a flood on the Snake River and we show up and the fucking National Guard got their Hummer stuck in the flood waters. We had to tell the idiots to leave the engine running so water wouldn't get into it and find a farmer with a tractor to pull them out. We wasted time doing that shit when we could have been building a flood wall.

If anything, disasters just give the government an excuse to start another agency and waste more money buying useless shit the previous person who ran the agency is now selling to the agency. Kind of like Chertoff and his Malaysian made airport scanners.

Nitro Express
02-10-2011, 03:24 PM
And on a completely unrelated side note, when did cheesy Italian hooker/fetish wear become all of the sudden fashionable?

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab194/1969italiaboutique/1969%20ART%2001%20Camoscio%20Azzurro/1969%20Boots/1969%20DS%20041%20Nappa%20Nero/1969%20ART%20DS041%20Cocco%20Rosso/2.jpg

Good Gawd! Stop this madness now! I mean, you could lose your kidneys walking in those monstrosities.

An aligator gave up their life to make that shit?:biggrin: Those look like something the green bitch Captain Kirk fucked on Star Trek would wear.

kwame k
02-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I never understood the fascination men have with women's shoes or clothing for that matter........sexiest thing a woman can wear, IMHO....... is nothing!

hambon4lif
02-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I never understood the fascination men have with women's shoes or clothing for that matter........sexiest thing a woman can wear, IMHO....... is nothing!I hear ya'. I've never understood that either, and the more I think about it, maybe I don't want to understand it. When you question why a man is so obsessed with what a woman is wearing, you always get an answer you didn't really want to know in the first place.

But women need compliments like a plant needs water, so we just play the game.

"Damn babe, you look smokin' HOT in that dress!!!"
.......and in the back of your mind you're thinking how much hotter it's gonna be when it's off and laying on the floor.

kwame k
02-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Yep..........nothing wrong with a woman in a tight sexy dress but it's what's underneath it that matters. Kinda like seeing a woman without makeup on.....I like to see what I'm getting myself into and not be shocked the next morning........if you're not pretty without it, you're not pretty, if you know what I mean.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Yep..........nothing wrong with a woman in a tight sexy dress but it's what's underneath it that matters. Kinda like seeing a woman without makeup on.....I like to see what I'm getting myself into and not be shocked the next morning........if you're not pretty without it, you're not pretty, if you know what I mean.

YUP, http://poponthepop.com/2011/02/sophia-vergara-without-makeup-is-coyote-ugly/

Nitro Express
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
I just go with the horny flow. I really don't know what turns me on and never analyze it. I call it going on the journey. LOL! I actually loved the whole dating scene because you just didn't know where you were going to go on the weekend or what you would see.

kwame k
02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
YUP, http://poponthepop.com/2011/02/sophia-vergara-without-makeup-is-coyote-ugly/

I think she looks just fine without makeup.......

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I just go with the horny flow. I really don't know what turns me on and never analyze it. I call it going on the journey. LOL! I actually loved the whole dating scene because you just didn't know where you were going to go on the weekend or what you would see.

chick: so, nitro, where we goin'?

nitro: dunno. let's drive around on a "jouney"

chick: that's kinda scary, will we see cool stuff?

nitro: i hope so

chick: k

Jagermeister
02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Damn it!

I thought Kristy had posted a picture of herself.

kwame k
02-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Was dating a lot lately........first dates suck and I'm starting to believe what a friend of mine said "There's a reason certain women are still single in their 30's and 40's".

kwame k
02-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Damn it!

I thought Kristy had posted a picture of herself. :(

Cue creepy stalker music:headlights:

I keed, I keed!

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Damn it!

I thought Kristy had posted a picture of herself.

that's not her in your avatar? :hee:

i'm reeeeely keeeding!!! sorry Kristy, i'll stop.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
i think her avs are intriguing photos of an attractive woman.(talk about cueing stalker music) just the last one is kinda scary.

kwame k
02-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Don't piss her off, dude........

She'll start a diatribe insulting you.......where you'll need a Thesaurus and a Dictionary to even understand what she's saying.....

"Mr McLintock what do prepossessing mean?"

"I got called that once...looked it up and you don't want to know what it means"

"Thank-you Mr McLintock."

VAiN
02-10-2011, 04:59 PM

Yeah, I'd totally hit that. Lights on and everything. I'm a nice guy.

Hardrock69
02-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Man, Kristy is fucking hot. Ok? :-)

jhale667
02-10-2011, 05:07 PM
I never understood the fascination men have with women's shoes or clothing for that matter........sexiest thing a woman can wear, IMHO....... is nothing!

Sometimes "Lose the dress, keep the shoes" is a good thing... :baaa:

Seshmeister
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM
What about Goldie Hawn?

http://www.womenrepublic.co.uk/usw/4nogoldie33.jpg

Jagermeister
02-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Cue creepy stalker music:headlights:

I keed, I keed!

lol the last person I want to stalk is Kristy. She has wayy to many anger issues. :biggrin:

Dan
02-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Shut the fuck up, Dan;)

Damn,You Get the First Hug With Pants On.:D

kwame k
02-10-2011, 06:06 PM
How Rude:)

kwame k
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
What about Goldie Hawn?

http://www.womenrepublic.co.uk/usw/4nogoldie33.jpg

Binnie would???

Dan
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I Feel Sick Looking At That.:barf:

ace diamond
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Sometimes "Lose the dress, keep the shoes" is a good thing... :baaa:

agreed!

Nitro Express
02-10-2011, 11:49 PM
I have an iMac at home. It had the hard drive go bad, the fan broke, the DVD player broke, the ribbon cable inside shorted out. I took it to an Apple certified technician and he fixed it all and it runs fine now. I have an iMac at the office. The screen has little purple lines on it that won't go away. I have had a MacBook for several years and no problems.

A friend of mine who does IT at a state university said he has never seen any viruses infect OSX but viruses are a constant problem with all versions of Windows.

Nitro Express
02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Was dating a lot lately........first dates suck and I'm starting to believe what a friend of mine said "There's a reason certain women are still single in their 30's and 40's".

Dude, you are supposed to go after the 20 somethings. :biggrin:

I'm glad I enjoyed my youth and ran with the flow. One Saturday night ended up with two cougars, apple pie, and whipped creme was involved.:biggrin:

Seshmeister
02-10-2011, 11:58 PM

A lot of the reason why women take so much time over their appearance and clothes isn't men, it's other women.

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 12:01 AM

Almost always.

It makes sense to try and find out the reason asap and then work out if you can live with it.

Watching the adventures of my pals I'm thinking you are probably better with the baggage of a kid rather than her being fucking mental. :)

Ideally though as Nitro says half plus 7 rule says you can go for late 20s... :)

kwame k
02-11-2011, 12:02 AM
A lot of the reason why women take so much time over their appearance and clothes isn't men, it's other women.

Ah...lesbians.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Almost always.

It makes sense to try and find out the reason asap and then work out if you can live with it.

Watching the adventures of my pals I'm thinking you are probably better with the baggage of a kid rather than her being fucking mental. :)

Believe me I do try and figure out what her issues are on the first date....that let's me know if there'll be a second date.

Been down that road with kids and it's all well and good until you break up.....

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 12:06 AM
Ah...lesbians.

Nah just competitive bitchiness... :)

kwame k
02-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Dude, you are supposed to go after the 20 somethings. :biggrin:

I'm glad I enjoyed my youth and ran with the flow. One Saturday night ended up with two cougars, apple pie, and whipped creme was involved.:biggrin:

I went out with a 24 year old and the realization that, while I would of been only 18 at the time when she was born, I was still old enough to be her dad.......

Plus...other than a quick fuck...I really have nothing in common with someone that young.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Nah just competitive bitchiness... :)

Thanks for ruining it for me, Sesh!

Kristy
02-11-2011, 12:13 AM

Not entirely true. Then again, what's wrong with walking into the room looking better than everyone else? Women love to to ego trip about themselves more than anything else. The only male exception to that might possible be Gene Simmons.

Kristy
02-11-2011, 12:16 AM
And yes, it's what 7 hours later and this comp is still whacked. Geek-on-the-phone from Swindle Buy who sold me this crap computer thinks the OS was never properly installed..but wait! they can re-install it for a minimum of $85. Oh happy day.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Bullshit......you are supposed to be given a copy of the OS, end of story.

They use multiple activation codes from Micro$oft and keep the software for themselves.......fuck that! Tell that geek unless he wants a lawsuit give you what you have already paid for.

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 12:29 AM
I went out with a 24 year old and the realization that, while I would of been only 18 at the time when she was born, I was still old enough to be her dad.......

Plus...other than a quick fuck...I really have nothing in common with someone that young.

You have to find a smart one but then they would be too smart to go out with old fucks like us.:biggrin:

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 12:30 AM
And yes, it's what 7 hours later and this comp is still whacked. Geek-on-the-phone from Swindle Buy who sold me this crap computer thinks the OS was never properly installed..but wait! they can re-install it for a minimum of $85. Oh happy day.

Back in the 1990s I used to be the friend/relative who would at this point get landed with this kind of shit. Took me quite a while to manoeuvre my way out of that role.

Do you not have someone like that?

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 12:32 AM

They use multiple activation codes from Micro$oft and keep the software for themselves.......fuck that! Tell that geek unless he wants a lawsuit give you what you have already paid for.

You can bittorrent a cracked XP no problem not so sure about Windows 7.

ELVIS
02-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Was dating a lot lately........

You dated a lot ??

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 12:35 AM
My brother in law had trouble with his iPad and he didn't even buy it from the Apple Store but he took it there and they swapped him a new one. I hear good things about The Apple Store. To be honest, I've never dealt with Apple technical support other than them telling me where the closest Apple technician was and luck be had, there was one right here in Jackson Hole.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 12:38 AM
You dated a lot ??

Yeah....with real women, too.

Who would of figured!

ELVIS
02-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Our MacBook has never had an issue besides a battery failure...

Baby's On Fire
02-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Fuck you and fuck your Micro$oft obfuscated on-line help bullshit. Malevolent spites and your "Windows 7 was my idea" your day of reckoning is coming!

I'd love to cum all over your face. It's a date.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Betcha that pickup line works:umm:

VanHalener
02-11-2011, 02:05 AM
That's right...

Kiss my ass Windows 7

Nobody bothers me...

I use a Mac

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 02:22 AM

I got three years out of my battery before it wouldn't hold a charge. The only issue with my MacBook is the plastic edge on the case is breaking off.

hambon4lif
02-11-2011, 08:15 AM
I'd love to cum all over your face. It's a date.Well, aren't you just the lord of the thighs.

I bet you save quite a bit of money using your personality as a contraceptive and stuff......

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 09:00 AM

So it's our MacBook now.

This is getting serious... :D

Kristy
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM

No, I did not. You have to order it.

VAiN
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Right now kewl kids are laughing to themselves... Good thing you have principals and don't conform. Bravo. :baaa:

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Microsofts new venture is above the clouds computing. Basically you buy server space on their server which holds all your data and your computer at home is basically just a work station. This allows them to keep the software constantly updated. The problem I see in this is you have to trust Microsoft with your personal and financial data. Personally, I like my data kept by me on my own hard drive. I can see firing up the computer and finding all the ledgers gone and calling up India trying to find where they went and being told it was all my fault. Fuck that.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
No, I did not. You have to order it.

Nope....they tried to pull the same bullshit with my friend when I went with him to pick out a laptop. They tried to charge extra for the OS.....doesn't work that way. If you push them hard enough, you'll get it.

Remember, you've already paid, in full, for your OS and have every right to get the system discs at the point of purchase. Look at any advertising......does it say anywhere OS extra. Do they advertise the latest OS being on the computer for sale, does it have a sticker of authenticity on it saying what OS is on it, yes!

It's a shell game they're playing and most people have no clue........

Now go in there and use your anger issues to your advantage:)

PETE'S BROTHER
02-11-2011, 11:22 AM
:lmao:

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I think someone at Best Buy is going to have their spleen turned to mush by a set of high heels.

ELVIS
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM
So it's our MacBook now.

This is getting serious... :D

Getting hitched on eleven eleven eleven...

:elvis:

twonabomber
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Microsofts new venture is above the clouds computing. Basically you buy server space on their server which holds all your data and your computer at home is basically just a work station. This allows them to keep the software constantly updated. The problem I see in this is you have to trust Microsoft with your personal and financial data. Personally, I like my data kept by me on my own hard drive. I can see firing up the computer and finding all the ledgers gone and calling up India trying to find where they went and being told it was all my fault. Fuck that.

i'm not buying into this cloud shit, either. storage is cheap, i'll keep all my data here, thank you.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 12:19 PM

Congratulations......wish you many years of happiness:beers8:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-11-2011, 12:25 PM

congrats...

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 01:07 PM
i'm not buying into this cloud shit, either. storage is cheap, i'll keep all my data here, thank you.

Gotta love the cloud. :biggrin:

http://twistynoodle.com/media/img/r/cloud/the-cloud-is-white/coloring_book_page.jpg

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Hmmm.

I'm bored. Anybody want to stalk the chick with anger issues with me?

Might be good for a laugh or 2.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Ah....no:umm:

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Well shit. You're no fun :(

PETE'S BROTHER
02-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Hmmm.

I'm bored. Anybody want to stalk the chick with anger issues with me?

Might be good for a laugh or 2.

here, try to track down some pics of this...

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia – Too much snow and not enough beaus — so says a squad of mini-skirted, high-heeled young women wielding snow shovels in Russia's second city.
Seven women dressed for maximum hotness came to the frigid square in front of St. Petersburg's Kazan Cathedral on Thursday to chip away at snow and ice and demand better city snow removal.
They're affiliated with XZ, a local group that uses beautiful women to draw attention to social problems.
Spokeswoman Eva Tornado claimed that tourism experts say foreign visitors avoid St. Petersburg in the winter because of the city's problems in dealing with its snow. She also proclaimed "we'd like more foreign men to come to the city!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20110211/ap_tr_ge/eu_travel_brief_russia_snow_maidens;_ylt=As8jhWwpJ IUEZ4ETGqKYVYWs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFkajhiN2lyBHBvcwMxN zYEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl90cmF2ZWwEc2xrA21pbmktc2tpcnR lZA--

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 01:59 PM
here, try to track down some pics of this...

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia – Too much snow and not enough beaus — so says a squad of mini-skirted, high-heeled young women wielding snow shovels in Russia's second city.
Seven women dressed for maximum hotness came to the frigid square in front of St. Petersburg's Kazan Cathedral on Thursday to chip away at snow and ice and demand better city snow removal.
They're affiliated with XZ, a local group that uses beautiful women to draw attention to social problems.
Spokeswoman Eva Tornado claimed that tourism experts say foreign visitors avoid St. Petersburg in the winter because of the city's problems in dealing with its snow. She also proclaimed "we'd like more foreign men to come to the city!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20110211/ap_tr_ge/eu_travel_brief_russia_snow_maidens;_ylt=As8jhWwpJ IUEZ4ETGqKYVYWs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFkajhiN2lyBHBvcwMxN zYEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl90cmF2ZWwEc2xrA21pbmktc2tpcnR lZA--

:(

That's just not the same.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
:(

That's just not the same.

yet, more useful.....

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 02:09 PM
yet, more useful.....

true :biggrin:

Hardrock69
02-11-2011, 03:36 PM
You can bittorrent a cracked XP no problem not so sure about Windows 7.

Heh....are you kidding? You could have got Windows 7 Ultimate before it was even officially released!
Same with XP!

kwame k
02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Yep...... activation codes are readily available, too!

Not that I know anything about that.....read it somewhere, yeah that's it!

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I really wish there was a downgrade available from 64 to 32...

kwame k
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Didn't Window$ release a beta version of 7 that was 32-bit?

kwame k
02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
OK, just read up on Window$ 32-bit vs 64-bit....so you can't downgrade without a complete reinstall.....it's always been that way so nothing new there.

Have you tried that Virtual PC?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/features/default.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Hardrock69
02-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah once you pick 32-bit or 64-bit, you are stuck with it. Windows 7 is not only a 64-bit OS. You can get it in 32-bit.

64-bit is still not the way to go unless you absolutely have great 64-bit drivers for your hardware. Even to this day there are compatibility issues, and 64-bit operating systems have been around for well over a decade now.

FORD
02-12-2011, 04:11 PM

Congrats. This wouldn't be the "hottie black nurse" you were writing about for a while, by any chance?

Hardrock69
02-12-2011, 04:16 PM
:lmao:

FORD
02-12-2011, 04:18 PM

No shit. When you can get 2TB drives for under $100 now, who the fuck would want to upload everything to cyberspace?

jhale667
02-12-2011, 04:43 PM

On Nigel Tufnel day? Wow!

That makes it easy to pick a wedding gift...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbg3PumMvSEH-mHL6LiH5kXBaZftI5KdNoUiE-zKJbaQl-yaYy

kwame k
02-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Yeah once you pick 32-bit or 64-bit, you are stuck with it. Windows 7 is not only a 64-bit OS. You can get it in 32-bit.

64-bit is still not the way to go unless you absolutely have great 64-bit drivers for your hardware. Even to this day there are compatibility issues, and 64-bit operating systems have been around for well over a decade now.

Supposedly Micro$oft's Virtual PC allows you to run in XP mode so you can use that for drivers that aren't compatible or are quirky in a 64-bit environment...

Blaze
02-12-2011, 04:58 PM

Congratulations, does your girlfriend know?

chefcraig
02-12-2011, 04:59 PM
On Nigel Tufnel day? Wow!

That makes it easy to pick a wedding gift...

A set of Tufnel's folding wine glasses would be the perfect gift for this or any other occasion.

Hardrock69
02-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Supposedly Micro$oft's Virtual PC allows you to run in XP mode so you can use that for drivers that aren't compatible or are quirky in a 64-bit environment...

True, but naturally I want to rant that they should create drivers that work first, lol.

Nitro Express
02-13-2011, 12:30 AM
I was working at Hewlett-Packard when Windows 95 came out. It was a huge deal and HP was especially concerned about driver compatibility. I was a beta tester of Windows 95 and we were finding all sorts of problems. We had a direct line to Microsoft and we got the impression they weren't going to do anything and follow their tried and true vapor ware policy. When you know you will sell a ton of whatever you put out because you have the major market share, quality just isn't that much of a concern.

In those days Apple was nothing and there were rumors Sun Microsystems would acquire them an become Snapple. :biggrin: Netscape broke a year later and then this whole internet thing started. Windows 3.11 was the standard of the day and amazingly people still use 3.11 because it's more stable than Vista or Windows 7. That's pretty damn sad.

kwame k
02-13-2011, 12:38 AM
True, but naturally I want to rant that they should create drivers that work first, lol.

Considering they've had a decade to get it right!

Nitro Express
02-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Considering they've had a decade to get it right!

What's their incentive to get it right? They still sell more operating systems than Apple plus they have their big above the clouds computing facility built in eastern Washington state now. Microsoft is trying to leap frog and be the first to offer above the clouds service and put Google and Apple in their place. It's not going to work because nobody trusts Microsoft. Without that, nobody is going to trust you with their personal data so they won't buy the service. It's a cash cow company that makes most it's money off of MS Office and before that it was MS DOS. I might mention Microsoft stole Word and Excel from Word Perfect and Lotus and MS DOS wasn't written by Microsoft. They just bought it from somebody else and sold it to IBM and retained the rights to sell it to anybody. IBM thought the PC was a fad and didn't care.

ELVIS
02-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Congratulations, does your girlfriend know?

What kind of retarded question is that ??

ELVIS
02-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Congrats. This wouldn't be the "hottie black nurse" you were writing about for a while, by any chance?

No, my baby is a hotttie white nurse...:biggrin:

Hardrock69
02-13-2011, 02:02 AM
And what is bad for MS is that as more people use OpenOffice, which does everything MS Office does but is FREE, Microshaft is going to have to push the sales departments even harder to keep sales of MS Office at levels they are used to seeing.

Kristy
02-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Fixed.
About time.

Hardrock69
02-13-2011, 02:29 AM
REALLY?

Woohoo! Congrats!

:D

Hardrock69
02-13-2011, 02:30 AM
The machine needs to understand, it is not wise to upset The Mistress.
:D

Blaze
02-13-2011, 02:48 AM
What kind of retarded question is that ??

Answering a question with a question, evasiveness. I take it your girlfriend does not know. :biggrin:

ELVIS
02-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Poor Blaze...

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/South-Park-Facebook.jpg

Seshmeister
02-13-2011, 06:27 AM

The 11th of November is Remembrance Day here.

I'll think of you during the minute's silence... ;)

Seshmeister
02-13-2011, 06:32 AM

Totally. Also a bunch of software packages don't work on it. I forgot to specify 32 bit and some companies give you 64 by default. I have VMWare but its a hassle and resource heavy.

Blaze
02-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Poor Blaze...

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/South-Park-Facebook.jpg

Sorry E, you'll have to explain the funny. I have not regularly partaken of television for quite some years and have been restrictive with video consumption for just over a half a year.

FORD
02-13-2011, 01:03 PM
You have never seen South Park??

Go here (http://www.southparkstudios.com)and watch any episode.

Blaze
02-13-2011, 01:54 PM
You have never seen South Park??

Go here (http://www.southparkstudios.com)and watch any episode.

Yes, I am familiar with South Park. I like South Park very much.

Gosh, you should recall my participation in the thread about the 2010 episode 200. I was, if I recall correctly, the first to post Muhammad, as portrayed in Super Best Friends, described as "the Muslim prophet with the powers of flame".
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fa/South_park_muhammad.jpg/220px-South_park_muhammad.jpg

I also created a South Park depiction of myself around March 8, 2010.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/4416530650_8e907aeab8_t.jpg

Elvis did not source the reference, therefore I am not able to easily find the episode.
Had he done so, I most likely would have watched it with in the next few weeks, for no other reason than Elvis sourced it for use and found it relevant enough to document.
It is not, however, worth sifting through episodes.

I am partaking (to an extent) in an utilitarian view of technology at this time. I have not planned an ending date.

So, if you do not mind, I am arranging to view RSA Animate - Drive: The surprising truth about what motivates us as posted by Nitro

Thread: What Motivates People (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?61614-What-Motivates-People)

If E's post is so compelling and you have the bibliography of the drawing handy., I might watch it within the coming weeks.

Was there a particular reason you felt the episode E highlighted was compelling?

:wow:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3118/2579242117_f3ee570a59_m.jpg

kwame k
02-13-2011, 01:59 PM
:headlights:

VAiN
02-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Was there a particular reason you felt the episode E highlighted was compelling?

Yeah, start around the 1:10 mark...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e04-you-have-0-friends

Blaze
02-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah, start around the 1:10 mark...

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e04-you-have-0-friends

Thanks Vain. I'll put it the list for extracurricular Mondays.
Got a script? :biggrin: