PDA

View Full Version : Hagar Predictably Runs His Boorish Yap In Revisionist History Memoir, 'Red'

Pages : [1] 2 3

Va Beach VH Fan
02-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Now normally I wouldn't dare put a Hagarita thread into Main, but this must be an exception....

http://www.marinij.com/diningandfood/ci_17353018

Sammy Hagar's memoir, "Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock," doesn't comes out until March, but I've just finished reading an advance copy and I can tell you that there's one poor guy who's going to wish it had never seen the light of day: Eddie Van Halen.

Sammy's one of the nicest guys I've met in rock 'n' roll, but Marin's Red Rocker shows his former Van Halen bandmate no mercy, portraying Eddie as more street person than guitar god.

This is Sammy describing him just before their Van Halen reunion tour in 2003: "I hadn't seen him in 10 years. He looked like he hadn't bathed in a week. He certainly hadn't changed his clothes in at least that long. He wasn't wearing a shirt. He had on a giant overcoat and army pants, tattered and ripped at the cuffs, held up with a piece of rope. I'd never seen him so skinny in my life. He was missing a number of teeth and the ones he had left were black. His boots were so worn out he had gaffer's tape wrapped around them and his big toe still stuck out."

In passages like that, "Red" reads like one of those angry e-mails we write when we're really ticked off at someone and need to vent by trashing him or her. But once we chill out, most of us don't hit the send button. With this book, Sammy hits the send button.

And he hits it over and over. After describing the squalor that he claims Eddie lived in, Sammy lays into him again, writing: "This was Eddie Van Halen, one of the sweetest guys I'd ever met. He had turned into the weirdest (expletive) I'd ever seen, crude, rude and unkempt."

So how do you really feel, Sammy?

After his "I Can't Drive 55" made him an arena-level headliner, Sammy joined Van Halen in the mid-'80s, replacing David Lee Roth, another guy he has no use for.

"I hated Dave," he writes. "The guy rubbed me wrong. I'm sure I rub all kinds of people wrong, so it's not like I'm putting him down. The guy was a great front man, great attitude in rock, and had an image from hell, but I just couldn't stand the guy. He was the opposite of what I believed in and what I am. First of all, the guy's not a great singer and he acts like he's the coolest, hottest guy in the world when, to me, he looks gay."

I don't know who's going to be more upset by that, Roth or gay people?

Settled down now at 63, Sammy writes ecstatically about his second and current wife and their contented family life. But when he was younger and his first marriage was on the skids, he took full advantage of his rock star status during his decade as lead singer of Van Halen.

"I was eating in the greatest restaurants, drinking the finest wine, flying on private jets, walking on stage to sold-out audiences going crazy. The only thing missing was ... I don't think anything was missing."

Groupies certainly weren't missing. Like the other members of what Sammy calls "the biggest rock band in the world," he had his own sex tent underneath the stage. Roadies would stock it with "five or six girls" every night, and Sammy writes about getting it on with them during Van Halen's nightly guitar solo. On this particular subject, he reveals a little more than I'd prefer to know, but it will probably sell a lot of books.

It seems like everything Sammy does makes money. At the beginning of his career, he was smart enough to buy the "architectural wonder" of a house on Mount Tam where he still lives for only $60,000 down, a pittance now. He was on the road a lot, so he started a successful travel agency in Mill Valley. He has a profitable fire sprinkler company in Fontana, the blue collar Southern California town where he grew up. And his Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, has spun off into franchises in Lake Tahoe and other places.

More recently, he made headlines when he sold his Cabo Wabo tequila company to the Campari Group for $80 million in a deal that lets him keep 20 percent of the business.

"If I wanted to be a billionaire, I probably could," he writes. "It's probably not that hard. But I'm not interested."

From that, it's clear that Sammy, with Joel Selvin, didn't write "Red" for the money. So he must have had other motives, like getting even with the Van Halen brothers, Eddie and Al, for not showing up at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in 2007, leaving him and bassist Mike Anthony to go it alone.

The question of whether Sammy quit Van Halen or was fired doesn't really get answered in "Red," as far as I can tell. One thing it does do, though — "Red" is hot enough to burn bridges.

SunisinuS
02-11-2011, 11:05 AM
See, here's the thing: Eddie Van Halen is an alcoholic. Dave imho left the band because Eddie was an alcoholic. In all the time he was gone, Dave basically had statements about Eddie's attitude, like, "it is really dark up there on howdy doody mountain". He never said he hated Eddie as a person, or made fun of his humanity. He genuinely likes Eddie and has admiration for him as far as I can tell. He wrote a song about it "Damn Good". He constantly pushed the BAND Van Halen, even when not in the line up.

Ched Head on the other hand, does not say "I saw Eddie looking terrible, I asked if he would like to see my Doctor who I trust", instead he makes fun of him. He uses Van Halen for all the money girls and fame he can get, then goes back to being a solo artist. Eddie was right to tell him to go to hell, he only used Eddie for a ride; Dave always wanted to be in the Band. Spammy, as opposed to Dave, writes a song where he portrays Eddie as a monkey playing a guitar.

Between the two attitude types, I certainly know which one I would want to be in a band with:

Dave, somewhat patient and Zen, or The Well Fed Rocker, who doesn't even say thanks for the Cheetos.

The truth is in the telling: Spam brags about his ability to be a billionaire, Dave gets his EMT certificate and works as one. Dave gets his Helicopter License, Spam drinks Tequila.

Good riddence to bad rubbish.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm keeping my eye on you Va, Cheddar in The Main:confused11:

You can't really judge by an excerpt but this is all stuff we knew about......Ed's downward spiral into Meth, he doesn't like Dave, and he thinks he's a rock star.

Hopefully, we'll find out what his favorite color is.

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 11:09 AM
"First of all, the guy's not a great singer and he acts like he's the coolest, hottest guy in the world when, to me, he looks gay."

It's always fascinating to me when certain "straight" guys seem to know just what to seek in order to recognize gay folks.

Hopefully, we'll find out what his favorite color is.

I believe that is answered in the title of the book.

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 11:13 AM
It's always fascinating to me when certain "straight" guys seem to know just what to seek in order to recognize gay folks.

I believe that is answered in the title of the book.

Can anyone spot Dave in this picture? :biggrin:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/culture/2010-06/24/13366667_11n.jpg

hambon4lif
02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
It's always fascinating to me when certain "straight" guys seem to know just what to seek in order to recognize gay folks.Exactly! I always thought it was strictly up to the females to make that decision. When a guy makes that call, it's from the closet.

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Now normally I wouldn't dare put a Hagarita thread into Main, but this must be an exception....

Groupies certainly weren't missing. Like the other members of what Sammy calls "the biggest rock band in the world," he had his own sex tent underneath the stage. Roadies would stock it with "five or six girls" every night, and Sammy writes about getting it on with them during Van Halen's nightly guitar solo.

Eleven minutes minus the time it took his fat ass to get from the stage to his tent and back. Those lucky girls...

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 11:19 AM
In other words Sammy is like Gene Simmons but with less talent and drive.

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I wonder who Sammy was fucking in the sex tent. Mike? :biggrin:

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM

You gave some thought to that, did you?

hambon4lif
02-11-2011, 11:33 AM
"I hated Dave," he writes. "The guy rubbed me wrong. I'm sure I rub all kinds of people wrong, so it's not like I'm putting him down. The guy was a great front man, great attitude in rock, and had an image from hell, but I just couldn't stand the guy. He was the opposite of what I believed in and what I am. First of all, the guy's not a great singer and he acts like he's the coolest, hottest guy in the world when, to me, he looks gay."

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 11:40 AM
The annoying thing, and the reason he is writing doing the book, is whatever fucking bullshit he tells the ghost writer people will accept and will become part of the intro to everything ever written about him by the 99% of music journalists who are lazy bastards these days. I've lost count of the number of lies that have come out of his dribbling fat mouth over the years.

This is Sammy describing him just before their Van Halen reunion tour in 2003: "I hadn't seen him in 10 years.

BOOM! Line 1.

How did he get sacked in 1996 and then not see Ed for 10 years before their 2003 tour?

We should have a competition here when this shit comes out. Hagar Lies Bingo, the person who finds the most documented lies and falsehoods wins a prize. I guarantee the winning score will be at least 3 figures...

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 11:42 AM
It's not like I'm putting him down but he can't sing and looks gay.

You have to laugh... :)

Blaze
02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
:biggrin:

twonabomber
02-11-2011, 11:46 AM
hopefully Sam will be the voice of the audiobook, then we can chop it up into things like "i am a big fat fuck." there's a fucking contest to have!

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 11:50 AM
You gave some thought to that, did you?

Sammy Hagar is the catalist for horrifying gay thoughts. Once you start to think about Sammy, all the other gay shit just sort of follows. I mean you know Sam didn't really have any women down there so who is in there? Mike? Alex? the towel boy? the venue janitor?

kwame k
02-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Is it just me but....the older I get the more annoyed I am by this guy.

Seems he has a compulsive need to get his side of the story out every time he speaks.......has he done an interview [since joining Van Hagar] where he doesn't mention VH or Dave in a negative light.

The guy would be a B-list rock star at best had he not joined VH......he should be kissing their asses at every opportunity, like bassplayer usually does.

Would the guy ever have gotten in the Hall of Lame as a solo "artist"?

kwame k
02-11-2011, 11:54 AM
hopefully Sam will be the voice of the audiobook, then we can chop it up into things like "i am a big fat fuck." there's a fucking contest to have!

Brilliant I say, brilliant!

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Sammy Hagar is the catalist for horrifying gay thoughts. Once you start to think about Sammy, all the other gay shit just sort of follows. I mean you know Sam didn't really have any women down there so who is in there? Mike? Alex? the towel boy? the venue janitor?

Why are you having gay thoughts, and more to the point, why do they horrify you? I mean, I'm not judging you, and if that is how you choose to get through your day, all the more power to you.

ELVIS
02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
He's spot on about Dedwad and he deserves it...

sadaist
02-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Can anyone spot Dave in this picture? :biggrin:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/culture/2010-06/24/13366667_11n.jpg

I think I see his shoulder way off in the background. He's the guy selling t-shirts and bags of weed out of the back of a pickup? :)

Sam is right here though about Ed. Eddie was a fucking bum. I was crushed when I saw my idol disintegrate to whatever that toothless, crypt-keeper thing was. he was a goblin. I thought he was going to die any day. It made me so sad to see the cute, smiling, happy guitar player from the Jump & Panama videos now look worse off than a guy sleeping behind the trash cans at the local 7-11. And yeah, he looked like he smelled, he had horrible meth mouth, the boots he wore were disgusting, and everything else Sammy is quoted as saying. We all saw the pics.

As far as Sammy on Dave...again spot on. Dave is not a great singer, but a great frontman...the greatest. We've all agreed on that. Dave was never about being Andrea Bocelli. And yeah, Dave does think he is the coolest mother fucker on the planet...and most the time he is right. It's Daves swagger that makes him a rock star and not just a musician.

I think this book will be a good read when it discusses Van Halen related subjects. It's somewhat redeeming to see someone on the inside share his thoughts and realize that was the same fucking thing we all were thinking at the time. I loves the juicy dirt.

twonabomber
02-11-2011, 12:28 PM
The annoying thing, and the reason he is writing doing the book, is whatever fucking bullshit he tells the ghost writer people will accept and will become part of the intro to everything ever written about him by the 99% of music journalists who are lazy bastards these days. I've lost count of the number of lies that have come out of his dribbling fat mouth over the years.

BOOM! Line 1.

How did he get sacked in 1996 and then not see Ed for 10 years before their 2003 tour?

We should have a competition here when this shit comes out. Hagar Lies Bingo, the person who finds the most documented lies and falsehoods wins a prize. I guarantee the winning score will be at least 3 figures...

they should have named it Sammy Hagar's Revisionist History, Volume One. 'cause you know the stories are gonna change before the paperback comes out.

and i find it funny that a guy pushing 65 who wears capri pants is calling someone else gay.

here's another challenge: keep the RIAA numbers handy, so if Hagar the Horrible does a tour of radio stations promo-ing' the book, you'll have the true numbers when he says "Van Hagar sold more records than Van Halen." even better if they take listener calls and someone can get on the air and bust his chops.

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 12:32 PM
they should have named it Sammy Hagar's Revisionist History, Volume One. 'cause you know the stories are gonna change before the paperback comes out.

and i find it funny that a guy pushing 65 who wears capri pants is calling someone else gay.here's another challenge: keep the RIAA numbers handy, so if Hagar the Horrible does a tour of radio stations promo-ing' the book, you'll have the true numbers when he says "Van Hagar sold more records than Van Halen." even better if they take listener calls and someone can get on the air and bust his chops.

:lmao:

Jesus Christ
02-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I see Samuel, the descendant of Abraham's maidservant Hagar is still bearing false witness. :jesuslol:

kwame k
02-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Haven't looked at current sale stats.....this was from a few years ago but it illustrates the point.

The real Van Halen
Van Halen......10 million-Diamond Status, bitches!
Van Halen II......5 million
Women and Children First......3 million
Fair Warning......2 million
Diver Down......4 million
1984....10 million-Diamond Status, bitches!

34 million and counting!

Van Hagar
5150......6 million
Live: Without a Net.....2 million
OU812......4 million
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge......3 million
Live: Right Here, Right Now......2 million
Balance......3 million

20 million.......just by using VH I and 1984 you beat the Van Hagar years.

The Gay years....
Van Halen III......500,000

Best of.....
The Best of Van Halen, Vol. 1.......3 million
The Best of Both Worlds......1 million

Even if you give Hagar credit for full sales of the Best of, he misses the mark by millions.

The only thing the sheep can say is that Van Hagar sold more Live albums than Van Halen......of course, Van Halen never released a Live album but don't confuse the sheep with facts.

Guitar Shark
02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
It's amazing that Fair Warning, perhaps the best CVH record, sold only 2 million copies. I know there weren't any "hits" on the record but come on...

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Why are you having gay thoughts, and more to the point, why do they horrify you? I mean, I'm not judging you, and if that is how you choose to get through your day, all the more power to you.

Because I'm conflicted and confused on the whole gay thing. When I think of two lesbians, I want to join in on their fun. When i think of a man fucking another man up the asshole, I find it gross and wrong. In other words, women can be gay as long as they let us men join in with the fun and men can't be gay at all. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Maybe we all are gay.:biggrin:

DavidLeeNatra
02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
his first bio that has never seen the official light was an interesting read about the split in 1996...no need to read how fatty got some worn out hookers to give him a blow job in a tent...yawn...

do I want to read about his family life? do I want to read about what a great salesman he is? thanks but no thanks...show me something that I never read a zillion times before? have you been to the himalaya, fatty? the jungle? the amazon? do you know something about the beginning of the mighty =VH= in the backyards?

too good that I ALWAYS have "crazy from the heat" near my bed...will go through some chapters tonight....

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
It's amazing that Fair Warning, perhaps the best CVH record, sold only 2 million copies. I know there weren't any "hits" on the record but come on...

Yeah no shit. That can't be right.

DavidLeeNatra
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Because I'm conflicted and confused on the whole gay thing. When I think of two lesbians, I want to join in on their fun. When i think of a man fucking another man up the asshole, I find it gross and wrong. In other words, women can be gay as long as they let us men join in with the fun and men can't be gay at all. :biggrin:

as a wise man said...dip me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians...

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Ah it's all a freak show. Maybe the smart and enlightened souls don't buy into the whole money/acquisition game at all and find a nice safe place on the side lines and watch the rest of us fuck, screw, cheat, and manipulate each other for entertainment purposes.

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Yeah no shit. That can't be right.

No kidding. I mean think about it for a moment: How many of us bought it when it first was released, then had to buy (or make) a cassette for the car, then bought it on CD once, or even twice? Amongst the guitar players alone that claim to have been influenced by the damned album, that has to account for 2 million copies by itself.

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I can remember being told I needed an IRA to keep the government out of my retirement money. In the back of my mind I was thinking,"yeah right, I will put my money there and as soon as the government spends itself into oblivion and needs money, they will raid everyone's IRAs and give us worthless IOU's. Just like they did with Social Security. I mean everyone is selling a safe place but everyone is talking shit. It's all bullshit. If you live long enough to play by the rules you will see most if not all the rules are shit.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM

I hear ya but......

Artist VAN HALEN
Title FAIR WARNING
Certification Date 08/04/1994
Label WARNER BROS.
Award Description 2.00x MULTI PLATINUM
Format ALBUM
Category GROUP
Type ST

Link doesn't work but go to www.riaa.com and it's there.

Matt White
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
So....Spam thinks DAVE looks "gay"....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah...look at the PJ look Spam was sportin' during the 5150 tour....all the way up to the 50+ beach bum look of the 2004 Fleece the Sheep tour.....

Wow....I really think Spam is still pissed at DAVE for the crack on Spam's 1st wife back in the day....how Dave understood Spam's love of cars....having seen Spam's old lady...

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
here is an analogy for all of you:
listening to sammy hagar sing is like listening to one of my records.
that really ain't saying much.........i'm just sayin'......

Guitar Shark
02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I hear ya but......

Artist VAN HALEN
Title FAIR WARNING
Certification Date 08/04/1994
Label WARNER BROS.
Award Description 2.00x MULTI PLATINUM
Format ALBUM
Category GROUP
Type ST

Link doesn't work but go to www.riaa.com and it's there.

I wasn't questioning you, just think it's a travesty that FW is one of the least-selling VH albums.

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Ah it's all a freak show. Maybe the smart and enlightened souls don't buy into the whole money/acquisition game at all and find a nice safe place on the side lines and watch the rest of us fuck, screw, cheat, and manipulate each other for entertainment purposes.

I can remember being told I needed an IRA to keep the government out of my retirement money. In the back of my mind I was thinking,"yeah right, I will put my money there and as soon as the government spends itself into oblivion and needs money, they will raid everyone's IRAs and give us worthless IOU's. Just like they did with Social Security. I mean everyone is selling a safe place but everyone is talking shit. It's all bullshit. If you live long enough to play by the rules you will see most if not all the rules are shit.

Do you even attempt to look at what thread you are posting in anymore?

kwame k
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
No kidding. I mean think about it for a moment: How many of us bought it when it first was released, then had to buy (or make) a cassette for the car, then bought it on CD once, or even twice? Amongst the guitar players alone that claim to have been influenced by the damned album, that has to account for 2 million copies by itself.

The RIAA database sucks and it says 2x's Platinum was awarded in 1994......so they haven't sold any more records since then?

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM

thank you very much for the recognition.

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 02:24 PM
The RIAA database sucks and it says 2x's Platinum was awarded in 1994......so they haven't sold any more records since then?

Or more importantly in the scheme of things, did the RIAA stop counting at that same point?

kwame k
02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I wasn't questioning you, just think it's a travesty that FW is one of the least-selling VH albums.

Didn't take it that way, bro:beers8:

I'm amazed, too.....and like I replied to Craig, they haven't sold at least 500,000 albums since 1994?

kwame k
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Or more importantly in the scheme of things, did the RIAA stop counting at that same point?

No idea but it seems that way.....

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM
The big worry is that if Sammy keeps burning bridges eventually he won't be able to find one to live under.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Nielsen SoundScan is a subscription based site and they only started tracking sales since 1991.......so they're useless, too.

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 02:33 PM
here is an analogy for all of you:
listening to sammy hagar sing is like listening to one of my records.
that really ain't saying much.........i'm just sayin'......

That isn't necessarily true, and doesn't work as an analogy. For one thing, you didn't single-handedly take a once fierce band and make it as threatening as a box of Cheerios. For another, although the subject matter of your own tunes may be somewhat limited (like Hagar's), you've never quite come up with a head-scratching worthy line like "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time."

So by virtue of those two examples ace, there is still hope for you yet, even if it is marginal.

VAiN
02-11-2011, 02:34 PM
I have to assume that by his statements that Spambo feels he IS a great singer and NOT gay? Holy shit does this guy come off as a jealous cunt who just needs to shut the fuck up. He digs his own hole... Anyone with a lick of common sense can pick up on the bullshit flowing in this piece of fiction. His comments on Ed are pretty spot-on, I'll give him that, but that's not shocking by any means. We've been saying the same thing for years. The late 90's - mid 2000's were a fucking waste for Ed. Like Dave has always said, EVH is guilty of wasting time.
But yeah, FUCK YOU SAMMY HAGAR.

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
That isn't necessarily true, and doesn't work as an analogy. For one thing, you didn't single-handedly take a once fierce band and make it as threatening as a box of Cheerios. For another, although the subject matter of your own tunes may be somewhat limited (like Hagar's), you've never quite come up with a head-scratching worthy line like "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time."

So by virtue of those two examples ace, there is still hope for you yet, even if it is marginal.
gee, chef..did ya have to spoil my self-effacing bit of fun?

sadaist
02-11-2011, 02:48 PM
This should actually put to rest all the "Dave is gay" shit the sheep try to post. If he truly were gay, Sambo woulda let that fly. Why not? He doesn't seem to be holding back on anything else.

But really what I take from this is I am so thankful Eddie cleaned up himself. I thought he was going to die back then. The best guitarist ever who wrote my all time favorite songs. The guy who I wanted to be when I was a kid. The guy that got me to buy a red & white guitar, grow my hair long just like his. the guy that showed the world you could rock hard & smile at the same time. I would have been crushed if he died in such a shitty way undeserving of the greatest to ever pick up a 6-string.

But it brings me to an odd point. When he was in that horrible condition is when he hooked up with wife/publicist/porn chick no? Dude couldn't even attract hobo fleas and he gets her? Nah...couldn't have had anything to do with money.

Either way...extremely happy that Eddie is alive & relatively well. And that he is back with Dave in the studio.

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 02:51 PM
FUCK YOU SAMMY HAGAR.

:shagsheep::sheepshagger::fuhagar::fuhagar3::fuhag ar5:

...and the cradle will rock!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-11-2011, 02:56 PM

Well, that they haven't made it 3 million yet with FW.....

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
gee, chef..did ya have to spoil my self-effacing bit of fun?

Watching you affect humility is like watching old people pitch, ace.

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Watching you affect humility is like watching old people pitch, ace.

it's quite entertaining, isn't it?
besides, if you can't laugh at or bag on yourself,
something ain't right.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Not really, Ace but...... it does seem every thread you post in, at some point turns into something about you.

VanHalener
02-11-2011, 03:37 PM

A Mexican donkey that he takes everywhere.

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Good thing Ed plays loud. The guitar solo covered up the donkey squeals and Sammy moaning he was going to cum hard.

sadaist
02-11-2011, 03:42 PM

Funny.

But honestly, you shouldn't be allowed to post until you change your avatar back to that little cutie wearing the ballcap. Hell man, at least put the pic in your sig.

VAiN
02-11-2011, 03:43 PM
:umm:

Nitro, please don't ever say that again.

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 03:43 PM
I have to assume that by his statements that Spambo feels he IS a great singer and NOT gay? Holy shit does this guy come off as a jealous cunt who just needs to shut the fuck up. He digs his own hole... Anyone with a lick of common sense can pick up on the bullshit flowing in this piece of fiction. His comments on Ed are pretty spot-on, I'll give him that, but that's not shocking by any means. We've been saying the same thing for years. The late 90's - mid 2000's were a fucking waste for Ed. Like Dave has always said, EVH is guilty of wasting time.
But yeah, FUCK YOU SAMMY HAGAR.

What should be noted is Ed cleans up as soon as another woman comes into his life. Vallerie really fucked Ed up. I mean when Val leaves the picture and another woman changes him for the better, that should say something right there. Val let Ed go to seed or drove him there.

Nitro Express
02-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Or Ed just realized he was dumb enough to let Sammy in the band and got on cheap wine and meth to try and hammer the memory of that mistake out of his brain.

VanHalener
02-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Funny.

But honestly, you shouldn't be allowed to post until you change your avatar back to that little cutie wearing the ballcap. Hell man, at least put the pic in your sig.

I'll dig out the picture. She's a piece of arse for sure.

ashstralia
02-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Not really, Ace but...... it does seem every thread you post in, at some point turns into something about you.

just pat him on the head and say 'good boy'... like a labrador. oh yeah... sammy hagar sucks

Hardrock69
02-11-2011, 03:54 PM

The winner should get the grand prize: Never having to hear that flatulating poofter again.

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 03:59 PM

actually, it was a "golden girls" kind of joke.......a bunch of droopy piss flapped old hags sitting around bitching....

Hardrock69
02-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Hey Russell, You still playing guitar once in awhile?

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 04:02 PM
just pat him on the head and say 'good boy'... like a labrador. oh yeah... sammy hagar sucks

i am not a quadra-ped......i'm a bi-ped.......also, i'ma homosapian, not a caninus domesticus........understood?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-11-2011, 04:04 PM
i am not a quadra-ped......i'm a bi-ped.......also, i'ma homosapian, not a caninus domesticus........understood?

but he plays one in "carnies"

kwame k
02-11-2011, 04:17 PM

ashstralia
02-11-2011, 04:19 PM

good boy. good, good boy.

Heater
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
So much of this crap is WWE mentality. None of us were there for any of this, so not authorities on any of it. I'll probably get this book just As I did Dave's, and I'm sure the creative license each took will be equal. To me, the tone of Daves book was "let me back in", peppered with tales that no one could verify. Sams will probably try to make it sound like he doesn't want back in, and be peppered with anecdotes no one can verify. Both of these guys are huge egotists, took swipes attach other all along, and toured together when they realized they weren't much without VH. Daves audience dwindled through his solo years, tours were canceled and he was playing clubs while trying too hard by the end of it. Sam will never enjoy the success he had with the boys and will try to make it seem like he was the first one off the Titanic. Dave and Sam both know they have to believe things first before we will. I admit, Dave seemed a bit tentative at times on the reunion-ish tour, and some still scratch their heads I guess, but so what if
he is gay? What if he likes broccoli too? Who cares? Sam wants to tell us how rich he is? Whatever. An Ed? His ticket was punched before he ever picked up a guitar, but his success gave him the means to nearly kill himself in front of all of us. I don't think this upcoming album is gonna be anything much. ALL these dudes re past their creative peaks, that's why nobody can let go of the past.

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 04:42 PM
but he plays one in "carnies"

i did not play a dog in carnies, you twit.

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 04:43 PM
good boy. good, good boy.

oh, bloody well piss off!
fancy a pint of bitter?
:gulp:
oops, too damned bad, i drank it.
now run along and play with the rest of the little ones in the sandbox, and don't
forget your bucket and spade..........

PETE'S BROTHER
02-11-2011, 04:45 PM
oh, i may as well bloody well piss on a hydrant!

ashstralia
02-11-2011, 04:47 PM
git off my leg:biggrin:

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 04:48 PM
what leg?

ashstralia
02-11-2011, 04:56 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2302952/

ashstralia
02-11-2011, 05:02 PM
back on topic.. it's a bit rich for the fat fuck to say dave can't sing.....

Va Beach VH Fan
02-11-2011, 05:07 PM
back on topic..

Thank you....

sadaist
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
back on topic.. it's a bit rich for the fat fuck to say dave can't sing.....

Just be happy he said it and didn't sing it.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Just be happy he said it and didn't sing it.

...or write a song about it!

Seshmeister
02-11-2011, 05:29 PM

I've bought it twice since then.

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2302952/

i told you, i didn't play a dog, i played "the geek".
the whole "wildman from borneo" bit.
now back on topic, sammy is an idiot.
everytime he opens his mouth the stench that comes out is fucking unbearable.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I've bought it twice since then.

OK.....I've bought it 3x's so.....

+ 2
+3
_________
2,000,005...........and counting!

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 05:40 PM

+ 2
+3
_________
2,000,005...........and counting!
add another 6 for me......
2,000,011 and counting

hambon4lif
02-11-2011, 05:43 PM

+ 2
+3
_________
2,000,005...........and counting!Let's see...

2 LP's (the first one got played so much you could hold it up to the sun and light would shine though it)
1 Cassette for the car
1 CD
Another CD in 2000 when they came out with the re-masters

.....that brings us to a total of 2,000,009.....and counting!

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Let's see...

2 LP's (the first one got played so much you could hold it up to the sun and light would shine though it)
1 Cassette for the car
1 CD
Another CD in 2000 when they came out with the re-masters

.....that brings us to a total of 2,000,009.....and counting!

well, that 2,000,015 so far.......

kwame k
02-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Guys this needs to be accurate so remember this is after 1994!

Jagermeister
02-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Fuck. I only bought it one time and I still have it. I guess I didn't do my part.

kwame k
02-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Still time to edit that post....pretty sure you get banned here if you haven't bought it twice.......

Dan
02-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Page 3.:D

Dan
02-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Maybe They Stopped Counting After 1994?

kwame k
02-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Interesting, Dan....I'll take that under advisement!

Dan
02-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Put Dave And Spammy In A Ring And Let Them Go For It.:D

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 06:17 PM

Don't say leg!

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3127/heathermillsdivo1211182.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/heathermillsdivo1211182.jpg/)

kwame k
02-11-2011, 06:20 PM

Nah.....put Sammy in a pit and throw gasoline on top of him...then light a match.

Far more entertaining..

hambon4lif
02-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Nah.....put Sammy in a pit and throw gasoline on top of him...then light a match.

Far more entertaining..That alone would probably be enough to kick the global warming argument in high gear.

I say we give his fatass to those aliens he keeps talking about in exchange for some kickass space coke!

win/win

sadaist
02-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Did MTV ever have the claymation Celebrity Death Match of those 2? I can't remember one. Those were funny. Right when MTV was turning to shit though.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

Cato
02-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1/GAYELVIS/hagar.jpg

kwame k
02-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Who is Sammy Hagar?

God, I miss that bot!

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 06:46 PM
leave it to cato to show us all up.......

ELVIS
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
as a wise man said...dip me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians...

Lesbians make me cringe...

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
the axl vs. slash one is pretty good one.......

kwame k
02-11-2011, 06:54 PM

So you've finally came out of the closet?

Has the Church and it's followers abandoned you?

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Did MTV ever have the claymation Celebrity Death Match of those 2? I can't remember one. Those were funny. Right when MTV was turning to shit though.

That's the first thing I thought of when reading Dan's post. If ever there was a perfect setting, that would have been it. What surprised the crap out of me just now was learning that the show was being produced up until 2007, as a revival started in 2005, years after the original been canceled. I'd never seen a single episode of these "new" shows.

fifth element
02-11-2011, 07:28 PM

not even a fight.....
Seriously...I can see Hagar running...

chefcraig
02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
not even a fight.....
Seriously...I can see Hagar running...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzibZBRDy7c

ace diamond
02-11-2011, 08:11 PM
sammy hagar gets his ass kicked by dlr once again.......
i've actually seen this before.

FORD
02-11-2011, 08:17 PM

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10959/lesbians.jpg

ashstralia
02-11-2011, 08:23 PM
what was it dave said.... got no probs with lesbians as long as they're both hot. mmmmm

vanhalen1r2
02-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Shammy Fagar has cemented his status as the world biggest smelly cunt of alltime, I'm so sick of this douche bag excuse of a singer had it not been for EVH Fagar would have been long forgotten.

This sour grapes shit with this clown has no end.

fifth element
02-11-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzibZBRDy7c

lol...i see....too stupid to run...stands there and gets his ass kicked.

ashstralia
02-11-2011, 08:40 PM
and let's not forget what a shithouse lyricist he is... comparing the genius of dlr to that is like.. like... well, you just can't.

fifth element
02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
as far as lesbians....
have known several....some good people, ...
one....selfish as hell

but overall, people are people are people.....

Terry
02-11-2011, 08:55 PM

Seems he has a compulsive need to get his side of the story out every time he speaks.......has he done an interview [since joining Van Hagar] where he doesn't mention VH or Dave in a negative light.

The guy would be a B-list rock star at best had he not joined VH......he should be kissing their asses at every opportunity, like bassplayer usually does.

I dunno...seems like the more time passes, the less anything Hagar has to say about Van Halen even matters.

I mean, the 2004 tour was a shoddy affair and Ed wasn't in great condition from the get-go. Yet Hagar didn't have the integrity to pass on the opportunity to burnish his mediocre credentials by playing with Van Halen once again, even though the performances were subpar. He did the entire tour, collected his money THEN decided to trash the Van Halens and the tour in the press.

Yes, quite interesting how spring of 1996 to fall of 2003, the period in which Hagar was out of contact with EVH, becomes "ten years". Although in no way inconsistent with Hagar's long history of exaggerating sales figures, tour grosses and the like. Why lie when you don't need to? I mean, the guy is financially successful, and even the most ardent anti-Van Hagar fan can't honestly claim that Van Halen didn't sell quite a few records when Sam was in the band. So why bullshit?

Hagar just can't come to grips with the fact that Van Halen made better music when Roth was in the band, and that the CVH era is really the only one that matters to the public at large. I mean, no matter how much money he made off selling his tequila business or whatever else, Hagar is still firmly in Roth's shadow (as well he should be, because Roth plain has more talent) and always will be; no amount of booze sales or lies in interviews are ever gonna erase that. But hey, there's no shame in being a rock star with mediocre-to-average talent who has, despite his limitations, managed to make quite a bit of money by (in part) riding someone else's coattails (EVH and DLR). It's more than most people who wanna become rock stars ever achieve. Just because he coasted for a decade on what another group of people built from nothing is no reason for him to still be bitter...I mean, the guy IS the lead singer of Chickenfoot after all...

PETE'S BROTHER
02-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I dunno...seems like the more time passes, the less anything Hagar has to say about Van Halen even matters.

I mean, the 2004 tour was a shoddy affair and Ed wasn't in great condition from the get-go. Yet Hagar didn't have the integrity to pass on the opportunity to burnish his mediocre credentials by playing with Van Halen once again, even though the performances were subpar. He did the entire tour, collected his money THEN decided to trash the Van Halens and the tour in the press.

Yes, quite interesting how spring of 1996 to fall of 2003, the period in which Hagar was out of contact with EVH, becomes "ten years". Although in no way inconsistent with Hagar's long history of exaggerating sales figures, tour grosses and the like. Why lie when you don't need to? I mean, the guy is financially successful, and even the most ardent anti-Van Hagar fan can't honestly claim that Van Halen didn't sell quite a few records when Sam was in the band. So why bullshit?

Hagar just can't come to grips with the fact that Van Halen made better music when Roth was in the band, and that the CVH era is really the only one that matters to the public at large. I mean, no matter how much money he made off selling his tequila business or whatever else, Hagar is still firmly in Roth's shadow (as well he should be, because Roth plain has more talent) and always will be; no amount of booze sales or lies in interviews are ever gonna erase that. But hey, there's no shame in being a rock star with mediocre-to-average talent who has, despite his limitations, managed to make quite a bit of money by (in part) riding someone else's coattails (EVH and DLR). It's more than most people who wanna become rock stars ever achieve. Just because he coasted for a decade on what another group of people built from nothing is no reason for him to still be bitter...I mean, the guy IS the lead singer of Chickenfoot after all...

terry, it would be my doobiest honor to purchase you an adult beverage of your choice someday :baaa:

vh rides again
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
sammy can talk all he wants about eddie vanhalen and dave.

The truth is that sammy got lucky as hell to be where he is at today and he got there holding onto eddie vanhalens beltloop.
Eddie is a national treasure, Dave is a self made rock and roll God.

sammy is just an fat,ugly piece of shit. those are my old ladies words, not mine. she said he looks like a retard.

ashstralia
02-11-2011, 10:03 PM
terry, it would be my doobiest honor to purchase you an adult beverage of your choice someday :baaa:

+1 on that.

jtw5150
02-11-2011, 10:33 PM

I'm glad to be part of the only 2 million who "get it".....

FORD
02-11-2011, 11:02 PM
"Hits" are overrated anyway. I mean, are there any REAL Van Halen fans out there who actually think "Jump" was a better song than "Unchained"?

ELVIS
02-12-2011, 01:28 AM
So you've finally came out of the closet?

Has the Church and it's followers abandoned you?

No, I'm one of the minority straight guys...

Nitro Express
02-12-2011, 01:51 AM
"Hits" are overrated anyway. I mean, are there any REAL Van Halen fans out there who actually think "Jump" was a better song than "Unchained"?

I never liked Jump. I love Unchained. I actually think Jump is one of Van Halen's worst song but that was their big Top 40 hit.

Nitro Express
02-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Do you even attempt to look at what thread you are posting in anymore?

Nope. I just go on drunken rants.

Nitro Express
02-12-2011, 01:59 AM
sammy can talk all he wants about eddie vanhalen and dave.

The truth is that sammy got lucky as hell to be where he is at today and he got there holding onto eddie vanhalens beltloop.
Eddie is a national treasure, Dave is a self made rock and roll God.

sammy is just an fat,ugly piece of shit. those are my old ladies words, not mine. she said he looks like a retard.

Ed is now considered an American icon by The Smithsonian. 30 years from now Ed will be on the list of guitar icons. Sammy will be long forgotten and the Cabo Wabo will be closed and gone.

Terry
02-12-2011, 07:25 AM

All I can say is should the lot of us here meet down the line for a few drinks...bring plenty of bail money.

Halen High
02-12-2011, 07:56 AM
See, here's the thing: Eddie Van Halen is an alcoholic. Dave imho left the band because Eddie was an alcoholic. In all the time he was gone, Dave basically had statements about Eddie's attitude, like, "it is really dark up there on howdy doody mountain". He never said he hated Eddie as a person, or made fun of his humanity. He genuinely likes Eddie and has admiration for him as far as I can tell. He wrote a song about it "Damn Good". He constantly pushed the BAND Van Halen, even when not in the line up.

Ched Head on the other hand, does not say "I saw Eddie looking terrible, I asked if he would like to see my Doctor who I trust", instead he makes fun of him. He uses Van Halen for all the money girls and fame he can get, then goes back to being a solo artist. Eddie was right to tell him to go to hell, he only used Eddie for a ride; Dave always wanted to be in the Band. Spammy, as opposed to Dave, writes a song where he portrays Eddie as a monkey playing a guitar.

Between the two attitude types, I certainly know which one I would want to be in a band with:

Dave, somewhat patient and Zen, or The Well Fed Rocker, who doesn't even say thanks for the Cheetos.

The truth is in the telling: Spam brags about his ability to be a billionaire, Dave gets his EMT certificate and works as one. Dave gets his Helicopter License, Spam drinks Tequila.

Good riddence to bad rubbish.

Great post. Nailed it right on the head.

Halen High
02-12-2011, 08:00 AM

Sammy has always felt insecure about his place in VH's history. No more so than now as his worst nightmare has come true. His final tour with VH was a disaster, Dave returns for a critically acclaimed tour played to packed houses and now a rehabilitated EVH is recording a new VH album with Dave.

Halen High
02-12-2011, 08:10 AM
I never liked Jump. I love Unchained. I actually think Jump is one of Van Halen's worst song but that was their big Top 40 hit.

Nothing wrong with Jump. Pop/hard rock at its best. A timeless melody, cool lyrics and a great video. Aspects which EVH, AVH and MA tried to replicate with Sammy to the point where they forgot what they were really about - and failed. The trick for CVH was to write great pop but not over do it.

Cato
02-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Sammy Hagar is just an American local singer. He has no worldwide popularity.

period.

ashstralia
02-12-2011, 08:36 AM
is it true you have undie vending machines?

VanHalener
02-12-2011, 09:23 AM

I failed to mention that not only does he travel with his own Mexican donkey, but Spammy is what we call around these parts a Gerbil Pusher who never leaves home without one.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/dyj48/perkyboys.jpg

There is a sign at the door to remind him about cuts and scratches
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/Lightning_29/gerbil.jpg

ZahZoo
02-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Read the thread... Don't seem like Main material.

No big revalation that Ed was a fuckin mess during the porn/House of Petals era. Remeber the 2 Dorks radio guys that were callin him at 4am and the drunken bullshit Ed was spewing. Hagar comes along 6-8 years later and spews what most already knew... yawn. Ain't worth the anger to give a flyin fuck what that insecure bastard has to say...

Just thankful the Van Halen's got no use for the jackass...

kwame k
02-12-2011, 12:22 PM
It dawned on me today when reading the Thread title.....

Sammy Hagar burns bridges in his uncensored memoir, "Red".

With the way Ed holds a grudge.......this book just guarantees that The Red Cocker will be dead by the time Ed comes around and makes him a brother again.

So I guess Spammy was useful after all.

FORD
02-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I failed to mention that not only does he travel with his own Mexican donkey, but Spammy is what we call around these parts a Gerbil Pusher who never leaves home without one.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/dyj48/perkyboys.jpg

There is a sign at the door to remind him about cuts and scratches
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/Lightning_29/gerbil.jpg

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:153736" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s06e14-death-camp-of-tolerance">Death Camp of Tolerance</a></b><br/>Tags: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s06e14-death-camp-of-tolerance">more...</a></p></div></div>

Cato
02-12-2011, 05:07 PM
He has no worldwide popularity.

just like handegg

is it true you have undie vending machines?
if you mean soiled panties vending machines...we had some in Tokyo and Osaka. they were removed years ago.

Antman
02-12-2011, 06:37 PM
BOOM! Line 1.

We could make itinto a drinking game. The first person not dead from alcohol poisoning by page 10 wins.

VAiN
02-12-2011, 06:43 PM
We could make itinto a drinking game. The first person not dead from alcohol poisoning by page 10 wins.

:lmao: Thanks! I needed that today...

Diamondjimi
02-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Not this guy. When I first heard Jump on the radio (before the albums release) I thought they'd sold out...

chefcraig
02-12-2011, 07:25 PM

No comparison, but at the time, I thought it was very cool to hear a Van Halen tune (let alone a Van Halen tune introduced by Dave Roth himself) the first time it was played on our local top 40 station. I was at work, and it was the only station the boss would allow to be broadcast. So after hearing the same bland Phil Collins tunes over and over all day, even if it was equally bland, "Jump" tended to stick out.

Diamondjimi
02-12-2011, 11:14 PM
. So after hearing the same bland Phil Collins tunes over and over all day, even if it was equally bland, "Jump" tended to stick out.

Jump SCREAMS put next to any Phil Collins song.... :biggrin:

VanHalener
02-12-2011, 11:40 PM

It screams, regardless.

That motherfucker is tearing up my garage in

VanHalener
02-12-2011, 11:49 PM
In any other neighborhood...

The cops would be on their way.

You think Jump was played loud...

Let me yell ya

Jamie is about to cry over here.

~Volume~

VanHalener
02-13-2011, 01:16 AM
The last time I was at the hospital I heard a lady say Spamspectrometer.

I was in the cancer wing.

Beware of Bette Midler

Hardrock69
02-13-2011, 01:17 AM
LMAO!

Terry, you hit the nail on the head about Spamulus Flatulus.

Simple because he is not considered an icon by anyone, much less a 'legend', he has to try to blow himself up to something more than he is, just by opening his fat mouth, which amazingly enough is not stuffed with cheezeburgers, and talking smack.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Spamulus at least has made a career out of being a mediocre talent, who happened to be at the right Maserati repair shop at the right time.
He was at Monterey, and at least has got to earn a good living at playing music. Something I have not been able to do.

But that does not make him worth anything to me or anyone else with half a brain, and a minimal amount of musical taste.

ELVIS
02-13-2011, 02:25 AM

That's bullshit...

Hardrock69
02-13-2011, 02:28 AM
Well, let's put that in perspective. Perhaps the song is a piece of pop mung. But look at who was playing Jump?

Pretty much anything is heavier than Phill Collins.

Diamondjimi
02-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Well, let's put that in perspective. Perhaps the song is a piece of pop mung. But look at who was playing Jump?

Pretty much anything is heavier than Phill Collins.

Apparently Su su sudio rocks harder than Jump, according to Elvis...

Diamondjimi
02-13-2011, 02:37 AM

That's bullshit...

Feel free to elaborate Mr.Blurt'nbail...

ELVIS
02-13-2011, 02:45 AM
Land Of Confusion puts Jump to shame...

chefcraig
02-13-2011, 08:11 AM

But that tune wasn't being played on the top 40 station I was referring to, the dreary "Against All Odds" was (for some reason, I thought "Separate Lives" was from that time as well, but it was a while later), along with other cringe-worthy dreck like "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder and those simultaneously wimpy/creepy ballads by Chicago or Lionel Richie.

Dave's Bitch
02-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Even though it is from sammy,I love it when people slam Ed,He deserves it.What i would really love to see is someone going off about alex,that guy is the most arrogant prick

Diamondjimi
02-13-2011, 11:58 AM

That's a Genesis song there, guy.

Ed's solo in Jump trumps any pop tune from the era...

ThrillsNSpills
02-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Fair Warning's HAD to sell more than 2 mill. That's an old figure.
It's one of the top 5 guitar albums of all time.

hambon4lif
02-13-2011, 02:24 PM
What i would really love to see is someone going off about alex,that guy is the most arrogant prickI could go off on a full-fledged rant about what a shitbag of a human being I think Alex is, but it's a bandwidth issue.

It starts with the speculation of why the band broke up in the first place.....

then it goes on to Ray Daniels, and the part Alex played in that......

.....then it goes on to a point that fans of the band should really stop to think about.
What kind of a human being would let their little brother get himself in such a fucked-up condition?
Nevermind the fact that he's your meal ticket, but he's your goddamned brother!!!

As much as people burn on Ed for his horrendous people skills, Al should be ashamed of himself for allowing his own sibling hit the skids so fucking hard.

No wonder Ed puts his arm around a different singer every other week and call him his "burrrrtherr". The fact that his own "burrrtherr" is a nutless neckbrace motherfucker could possibly have something to do with that.

[RANT]

chefcraig
02-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I could go off on a full-fledged rant about what a shitbag of a human being I think Alex is, but it's a bandwidth issue...

The fact that the dork now goes around as an ordained minister only proves that the last thing a scoundrel clings to isn't patriotism, it's religion.

kwame k
02-13-2011, 02:57 PM

That's just it......where are the current sale figures?

If the RIAA doesn't have current sales figures, who does?

Kristy
02-13-2011, 03:08 PM

It's also one of the most underrated in terms of production. Why Dave & Co. never made a record that sounded close to Fair Warning is beyond me. 1984 has its moments but never measured up.

hambon4lif
02-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Bottom line is this....

One singer is out there making money by selling a book that exploits how fucked up Ed was.

Another singer cared enough about Ed to pick him up off the ground and got his shit back together.

....so I don't think anyone needs to wonder who THE REAL LEAD SINGER OF VAN HALEN is!
Not anymore!

ROTH'N'ROLL MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

End of story.

hideyoursheep
02-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I could care less about how many top 40's the second generation of VH had over the original. It was never about hit songs-it was, for those of us lucky enough, about literally witnessing rock history as it happend every time VH released an album. The same can NOT be said of anything Hagar was ever associated with in his lifetime.

What's funny is that Sam said he hadn't seen Ed in 10 years, Ed looked like hell and was in a bad place during that time period, and his fat ass went on tour with VH anyway.
Verrrry shady.

hideyoursheep
02-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Every time Dave gave an interview there was a sound byte.

When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.

SunisinuS
02-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Bottom line is this....

One singer is out there making money by selling a book that exploits how fucked up Ed was.

Another singer cared enough about Ed to pick him up off the ground and got his shit back together.

....so I don't think anyone needs to wonder who THE REAL LEAD SINGER OF VAN HALEN is!
Not anymore!

End of story.

And not one complaint about having to interupt the tour so Ed could have another moment.

Kristy
02-13-2011, 03:24 PM
I'll admit I saw VH in 2004. This is something I am not proud of.

hideyoursheep
02-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Did you get your money back? Because that wasn't VH.

Kristy
02-13-2011, 03:30 PM
No. It was a ... mistake. Eddie did have his flashes of brilliance if memory serves. But to hear the "Red Rocker" butcher (and I mean butcher) 'Jump' is emotionally traumatizing. I cannot ever listen to that song again..EVER! I'm serious.

hambon4lif
02-13-2011, 03:35 PM
No. It was a ... mistake. Eddie did have his flashes of brilliance if memory serves. But to hear the "Red Rocker" butcher (and I mean butcher) 'Jump' is emotionally traumatizing. I cannot ever listen to that song again..EVER! I'm serious.If I went to a show where a guy is singing about having his "ass against the record machine", I would find that more than just a little disturbing.

Kristy
02-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Well, to me the "Red Rocker" was too concerned having his own head up his ass. Christ, he's just one annoying singer - next to that 80's relic Sebastian Bach. Gimme Dylan's current voice over that nonsense any day.

ThrillsNSpills
02-13-2011, 03:50 PM
a bit of comedy

SunisinuS
02-13-2011, 03:50 PM
If I went to a show where a guy is singing about having his "ass against the record machine", I would find that more than just a little disturbing.

Just being a Truther....is was "Back against the record machine"...

Signs off...

hambon4lif
02-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Well, to me the "Red Rocker" was too concerned having his own head up his ass. Christ, he's just one annoying singer - next to that 80's relic Sebastian Bach. Gimme Dylan's current voice over that nonsense any day.I can't stand Sams voice. Never could. It was always nails on a chalkboard. Just another little guy screaming to be heard.
Instead of having his voice be part of the song, he's always yelling at the song. It's like "what the fuck did music ever do to you, pal?"

I don't celebrate mediocrity, so I really don't know much about his songs, but whenever they played them on the radio, my first instinct was to change the damn station.

To me, he's never been anything more than a self-obsessed over-rated opportunist hack.

hambon4lif
02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Just being a Truther....is was "Back against the record machine"...

Signs off...Tell him that, not me!

I know what the damn words are!

Kristy
02-13-2011, 04:09 PM
I can't stand Sams voice.

Yeah, it's so one dimensional. As if he can only sing in one tone and key. His vocals are beyond nerve-grating to me.

ace diamond
02-13-2011, 05:00 PM
When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.

hello siggy!

Cato
02-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I'll admit I saw VH in 2004. This is something I am not proud of.
eh, did you see Sammy wearing sandals live?

who's in avatar btw?

Hardrock69
02-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Ok guys, I took a hit for the Roth Army.

Was channel surfing just now, and (I have DirecTV - called by hackers DaveTV by the way) I found out that this month on their channel 101 (which has preview editions of new music DVDs that are out now) was Spamulus Flatulus.

I stopped surfing for a moment, knowing I would hate it. I found it to be pure comedy. Still has Vic on lead guitar and Mona on bass. Dunno who the drummer is.

Anyway, his voice is now shot. You think it was shot before, you ought to hear it now. Age catching on, but anyway they went through "There's Only One Way To Rock" followed by "I Can't Drive 55".

Ugh..

The crap that came out of the fat one's mouth.

I mean, when I flipped the channel and suddenly was confronted with the fat one's idiot face on the screen, my first instinct was to reach for the power button on my remote.

But I stopped myself out of morbid curiosity. Less than 2 songs in, and I was satisfied that a) he still sucks, and b) he is worse than he was before. Some of his guitar solos were really lame pieces of shit.

I mean, REALLY lame.

Ok so on a scale of 1 to 5 I give him a negative 5. Woulda given him a negative 10, but I did laugh at the TV when the thing opened it's mouth and this raggely screech came out. So I have to give the unwitting slob some credit for providing me with some comedy that made me laugh, though I don't think they meant their public farting performance to be 'comedy'.

That fucking sorry bastard.

It was obviously a headlining show, but not ChickenAss. His solo band, playing the greatest of the lamest hits he ever crapped unto pop culture.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....................

And to think spEd ever let that fucking bastard in his band.

Kristy
02-13-2011, 06:32 PM
eh, did you see Sammy wearing sandals live?

who's in avatar btw?

That's David Eugene Edwards, of course. The former front man of 16 Horsepower. Why do you ask?

ThrillsNSpills
02-13-2011, 06:40 PM
ha ha rubbin it to a dude.

you know what that means

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/your-a-fag.jpg

ThrillsNSpills
02-13-2011, 06:42 PM
don't sweat it.

it's her.

lesfunk
02-13-2011, 06:44 PM

Was channel surfing just now, and (I have DirecTV - called by hackers DaveTV by the way) I found out that this month on their channel 101 (which has preview editions of new music DVDs that are out now) was Spamulus Flatulus.

I stopped surfing for a moment, knowing I would hate it. I found it to be pure comedy. Still has Vic on lead guitar and Mona on bass. Dunno who the drummer is.

Anyway, his voice is now shot. You think it was shot before, you ought to hear it now. Age catching on, but anyway they went through "There's Only One Way To Rock" followed by "I Can't Drive 55".

Ugh..

I mean, when I flipped the channel and suddenly was confronted with the fat one's idiot face on the screen, my first instinct was to reach for the power button on my remote.

But I stopped myself out of morbid curiosity. Less than 2 songs in, and I was satisfied that a) he still sucks, and b) he is worse than he was before. Some of his guitar solos were really lame pieces of shit.

I mean, REALLY lame.

Ok so on a scale of 1 to 5 I give him a negative 5. Woulda given him a negative 10, but I did laugh at the TV when the thing opened it's mouth and this raggely screech came out. So I have to give the unwitting slob some credit for providing me with some comedy that made me laugh, though I don't think they meant their public farting performance to be 'comedy'.

It was obviously a headlining show, but not ChickenAss. His solo band, playing the greatest of the lamest hits he ever crapped unto pop culture.

I was just channel surfing too.... one shot HEY! TWO Shots... HEY! THREE Shots... MAS Tequila ! LOL!

ThrillsNSpills
02-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Sammy's got nothin to say and all day to say it.

Kristy
02-13-2011, 07:04 PM
And the jacket is Dior. :tongue0011:

How superficial of him.

twonabomber
02-13-2011, 07:23 PM

i saw it a couple weeks ago. i think he was headlining a bike festival or something. you know, an event where you just happen to see a show, not a show that is an event. he wouldn't have drawn that crowd on his own.

but yes, it was weak.

i think David Lauser is still playing drums.

Terry
02-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Sammy's got nothin to say and all day to say it.

Classic

Terry
02-13-2011, 08:53 PM

Ugh..

I mean, REALLY lame.

Someone posted an audio clip in a thread here containing a recording of Right Now from the 2004 tour, and Hagar's voice sounded pretty shot.

Honestly, were I at that show and a fan of Sam Halen music, I'd still have to admit it was a pretty shitty performance. None of the other clips I've heard of that tour sounded much better.

ace diamond
02-13-2011, 10:04 PM

Ugh..

I mean, REALLY lame.

that is a good bit of high comedy right there, i say....yes....

lesfunk
02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Sammy's Lyrics grate on me probably more than his music

POJO_Risin
02-13-2011, 10:51 PM

The same way that he outsold Van Halen with Roth...

Diamondjimi
02-13-2011, 11:12 PM
Bottom line is this....

Not anymore!

End of story.

So fucking true. Great post.

Halen High
02-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Yeah, it's so one dimensional. As if he can only sing in one tone and key. His vocals are beyond nerve-grating to me.

I agree. So much is made of Sammy's power vocals yet he is indeed a one dimensional singer. He could never be described as having an interesting or unique vocal style. And after a while his screaming voice becomes annoying. Really hard to listen to. And his lyrics......

hambon4lif
02-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Looks like Chickenshit will have to find a new lead singer.
Poor Mikey! The guy must be in tears....

DavidLeeNatra
02-14-2011, 08:22 AM
The same way that he outsold Van Halen with Roth...

chefcraig
02-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Poor Mikey! The guy must be in tears...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3994/burgerkingshootsmcdonal.gif (http://img228.imageshack.us/i/burgerkingshootsmcdonal.gif/)

Hardrock69
02-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Poor Mikey! The guy must be in tears....

Hardrock69
02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Man, I watched the Chicago 07 DVD last night.

Sorry, but Wolfie is so fucking lame. Regardless of whether or not he plays bass, he acts like the is just standing around most of the time, coasting on the other three guys' energy.

Mikey used to go fucking apeshit. Wolfy just stands around.

I fail to see how anyone could not be excited enough to actually GET DOWN when playing bass with Van Halen. I would be jumping out of my skin, running around the stage, etc.

I mean, does this kid smoke a buncha pot before he goes onstage or something?

After watching a few tunes I had to switch. Went to Largo '83. Now THAT was Van Halen.

VAiN
02-15-2011, 04:05 PM
After watching a few tunes I had to switch. Went to Largo '83. Now THAT was Van Halen.

Largo is 82... I believe it's Oct 12, 1982.... The only 83 shows are from Jan/Feb in South America, and of course, the US Fest in May 83. Just sayin...

ace diamond
02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Largo is 82... I believe it's Oct 12, 1982.... The only 83 shows are from Jan/Feb in South America, and of course, the US Fest in May 83. Just sayin...

you, sir, are correct.
oct. 12, 1982 is the correct date.
my dad turned 27 that day.
he'll be turning 56 this year.

ELVIS
02-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Enough of this crap...

chefcraig
02-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Enough of this crap...

Oh, thanks a bunch ELVIS. :duh:

Since this thread is more about Hagar's mouth than his so-called music, it'll stay here a while longer before going into the shitter.

FORD
02-16-2011, 12:36 PM

What? No Sobolewski? This has to be the first time since 2002 that Hagar did anything without him. Is the honeymoon over?

And if it is....... can someone get Mike and Eddie into a therapists office, and maybe we can get a complete Van HALEN in time for the next tour?

Hardrock69
02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Uh yeah, 82/83 whatever the fuck.

LARGO DAMMIT! :mad:

WELCOME TO LARGO YOU SON OF A BITCH!

http://i54.tinypic.com/w8mdyu.jpg

ThrillsNSpills
02-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Largo 82 IS the thunderbolt in your Cheerios. :hitch:

FORD
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Largo 82? Oh HELL yeah.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CHbFI2Ovc0

ace diamond
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Largo 82? Oh HELL yeah.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CHbFI2Ovc0

now that's what i'm talkin' 'bout!

ThrillsNSpills
02-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Good call on the thread name change.
Seems Hagar burned that bridge years ago.

And you know it's just a matter of time before the term Sammymath becomes a real term in Webster's. ;)

ace diamond
02-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Good call on the thread name change.
Seems Hagar burned that bridge years ago................you know it's just a matter of time
before the term Sammymath becomes a real term in Websters' Dictionary. ;)
"SAMMY and "MATH" do not even belong in the same sentence, let along the same post or even breath as
"THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN" or "DIAMOND DAVID LEE ROTH".
anything other than "THE MIGHTY CLASSIC VAN HALEN+DIAMOND DAVID LEE ROTH"="THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC EVER RECORDED"
is not my fucking problem.

Hardrock69
02-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Should be more like "Sammy-path", for when Spamulus Flatulus finally melts down from decades of LSD, tequila and blow.

sonrisa salvaje
02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Sammy talking about you in the media = being "Sambushed."

I still liken Sammy to the guy that you didn't want to invite to the party but you did because you felt sorry for him. Once he got to the party he wouldn't shut the f#$% up and got a sense of entitlement about being at the party. Then he had to go tell everyone how he was at the party. Then he was the life of the party.

Sam....no one should have invited you. It was a mistake! Now that you have reached retirement age go down to Florida and and play bingo. There are thousands of elderly people down there who would gladly listen to your drivel and they may actually believe it.

FORD
02-17-2011, 07:23 PM
Should be more like "Sammy-path", for when Spamulus Flatulus finally melts down from decades of LSD, tequila and blow.

Or possibly "Sammy-METH" which would explain his alien hallucinations and schizophrenic counting of record sales.

VAiN
02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Sammy talking about you in the media = being "Sambushed."

I still liken Sammy to the guy that you didn't want to invite to the party but you did because you felt sorry for him. Once he got to the party he wouldn't shut the f#$% up and got a sense of entitlement about being at the party. Then he had to go tell everyone how he was at the party. Then he was the life of the party.

^
This.

Fucking spot on! :baaa:

ace diamond
02-18-2011, 12:10 AM
sadly.....

78/84 guy
02-19-2011, 10:39 PM
I guess Sam selling his booze company means he can rip whoever he want's !! I'll read it. I didn't completly hate him until 04.

Hardrock69
02-20-2011, 12:08 AM
I watched Largo '82 last night again. Seriously, we are very fortunate to have that boot. It is pretty good quality for a boot!

Mr Walker
03-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Looks like douche bag is getting an article in Rolling Stone... 'Surviving Van Halen - My Years in the Most Depraved Band Ever' by Sammy Hagar
What an asshole.

hambon4lif
03-02-2011, 10:02 AM
He must already know that his stupid book won't sell for shit, so he's selling it to Rolling Stone.

"Somebody listen to me........Plea$e!!!"

Desperate fatass attention-whore loser.

Mr Walker
03-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Stern is going to have him on to talk about his book... wish there was a way to get on the phone and rip apart all his bullshit and delusions.

sadaist
03-02-2011, 10:10 AM
My Years in the Most Depraved Band Ever

Depraved?

Or deprived? Like their fans?

Unchainme
03-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Without Eddie getting his ferrarai fixed, no one would be talking about Sammy right now.

No Tequilla, No shit love songs, He'd have been irrelevant, and opening for the likes of Styx and Loverboy

And he really did lose big time in regards to the battle between him and roth.

Hagar fronted Van Halen?
-OPENED FOR BON JOVI IN EUROPE
-Struggled to sell out anything in 04 tour
-Recent songs sucked
-Chickenfoot plays to smaller venues and has gotten little attention
-5150/OU812/Balance/FUCK are largely forgotten right about now.

Roth?
-When he reunited with VH in 1996, crowd went ape-shit, even dudes like Chris Rock were giving him a standing O. and seemed overjoyed with the possibility
-Both Roth tracks on BOV 1. went to Number 1. on the rock charts
-The 07 tour was sold out every freaking night, this even despite Roth not doing any sort of promo for it

Face it, Sammy you lost, quit trying to revise history.

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Looks like douche bag is getting an article in Rolling Stone... 'Surviving Van Halen - My Years in the Most Depraved Band Ever' by Sammy Hagar
What an asshole.

The thing is, Hagar's own story is so astronomically banal that he has to resort to talking about other people in order to fill the pages. Otherwise, left to record his own devices, the guy's tale is so accomplishment-free that the book would be as thick as other volumes on the shelf such as Famous Black NASCAR drivers, Boy Bands That Lasted Longer Than Three Years or Major Triumphs In British Dentistry.

Mr Walker
03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Without Eddie getting his ferrarai fixed, no one would be talking about Sammy right now.

I never believed that story for a second... they went after Sam because they knew Dave didn't like him.
It was a bitch move.

SNIPER
03-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Can't wait for the book! Sam is the man! A true legend and he sings better then Roth.

Nitro Express
03-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Mr. Claudio Zampolli started out as a Lamborghini test and development engineer who worked on the Miura and Countach. Wanting to work on his own he moved to Los Angeles to form an exotic car dealership in the 1970s. It was during this time that he began to develop the Moroder V16T.

It wasn't a Ferrari is was a Lamborghini. Claudio Zampolii was the man EVERYONE in LA went to when they needed work done on their Lamborghini. Jay Leno told a funny story about Sammy. Leno was having his carburators tuned and synched and he heard some asshole reviing a car beyond red line. Jay was wondering who the idiot was because doing that to a cold Lamborghini engine makes the sleeve liners go loose and it turned out the Asshole was Sammy Hagar. LOL!

Nitro Express
03-02-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a 1979 Countach with the six side draft Webers. Syncronizing those things is pain in the ass. My car runs fine but when I let up on the gas it starts to miss. The ignition is working fine and is right on the money. I was having overheating problems climbing hills so I put in an electric water pump but those carburetors need some tuning. Nobody around here knows how to do it. So I can see why everyone went to Claudio for a carburetor job. At least in Wyoming you can drive to the airport and put aviation gas in your car. You can't in California. It hauls ass on 105 octane! :biggrin:

vanhalen1r2
03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
No shit ! Spam Tard at it again in Rolling Stone making the claim they sold 50-60 million records with HIM in the band :barf:

Rolling Stone
What do you think the percent odds are that you'll ever play in Van Halen again?
Spammy Fagar :I'd say it's up there around 90 percent. I would love to make another record with Van Halen. If Eddie was totally cool

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/sammy-hagar-i-would-love-to-make-another-record-with-van-halen-20110302?page=2

FORD
03-02-2011, 03:06 PM
I guess this proves that too much cheese clogs the arteries in the brain, as well as the heart.

hambon4lif
03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
What do you think the percent odds are that you'll ever play in Van Halen again?
I'd say it's up there around 90 percent. I would love to make another record with Van Halen. If Eddie was totally cool and was back to the guy I used to know, or a new guy, not the guy I knew the last time [laughs]. He can’t be that guy. I wouldn’t do it if he was like that. It’s below zero, minus zero. But if Eddie really got his life together, which it seems he has judging by the pictures I've seen, then definitely.

Are we really sure this cocksucker doesn't do hard drugs?
He has to be sucking in something more than just oxygen and cheeseburgers to make such an idiotic statement.
Spermy's fucking high!!

vanhalen1r2
03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I guess this proves that too much cheese clogs the arteries in the brain, as well as the heart.

SpamBo's arteries must be ready to burst :biggrin:

indeedido
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
90%, fuck him

jero
03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
fuck him 100%

BITEYOASS
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Spammy can't make another album with =VH= because he is NOT A WINNER!

Prothro
03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I guess that Chickenfoot thing just isn't working out.

fifth element
03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
just not gonna happen.

period.

ThrillsNSpills
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
He pushes this crap after badmouthing EVH constantly.

He's upset because they're back with their "first wife" and you know what ever they do will dwarf Chickenfoot.
Nobody cares about him without VH apparently or why else would he keep talking about them in the press?

Unchainme
03-02-2011, 05:46 PM

He's upset because they're back with their "first wife" and you know what ever they do will dwarf Chickenfoot.
Nobody cares about him without VH apparently or why else would he keep talking about them in the press?

All that has to be done is put up the tour numbers for 04 and 07.

If Dave and Ed even just release one last album and tour one more time, his time with Van Halen will be an afterthought.

fifth element
03-02-2011, 05:51 PM

the best way to ANNOY Sammy is to IGNORE Sammy
VH has it down pat....

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 05:56 PM
The magazine cover really says it all. Rather than going with a picture of Hagar, RS went with Snooki, the Doritos munching hose-hound from the Jersey Shore. I'm not kidding, see for yourself. :lmao:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3140/maindz.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/i/maindz.jpg/)

hambon4lif
03-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Rolling Snore has devolved into a total comic book.

Nice!

ELVIS
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Snookie and Sammy...

I think this is clogging up main...

Later!

:elvis:

VAiN
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
I'll read this article just like I'll listen to music that I don't love... out of pure morbid curiosity and only to thoroughly trash it later. What an arrogant prick - "up there around 90 percent" - Not a chance in hell.

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll read this article just like I'll listen to music that I don't love... out of pure morbid curiosity and only to thoroughly trash it later. What an arrogant prick - "up there around 90 percent" - Not a chance in hell.

Allow me to save you some time and potential brain damage, brother. All you need to read is this, the very first question and answer in the article, as excerpted at RS ONLINE (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/sammy-hagar-i-would-love-to-make-another-record-with-van-halen-20110302?page=1). It pretty much tells you exactly how "truthful" this garbage really is, and also points to the bonehead's inflated sense of himself.

What made you want to write a book?

I’ve been maybe one of the most misunderstood rockers of all time because I’ve always been kinda quiet on my personal life. I’ve never really been a press-hound. There’s never been a lot of stuff written about me, quite honestly. Flying under the radar’s always been my philosophy. If you’re never in, you’re never out.

At some stage in your life, though, you go "I want my story to be told," and here it is. I think that’s why people are gonna be surprised when they read. You know we know all about Tommy Lee. We know all about Keith Richards. But, we don’t know that much about Sammy.

Kristy
03-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I live for this. Your passion of hatred for Sammy makes life worth living sometimes.

In Sammy's defense of course he would love to make another album with Eddie since his "supergroup" Chicken-whatever they were called turned out to be a major commercial failure. I can remember seeing that deplorable album on sale at BestBuy last year for $4.99 - new! And still couldn't sale a copy to save its life. They couldn't give it away to break even on it. You know there is a warehouse somewhere full of that CD waiting to be shipped to an Indonesian landfill (to top of the VHIII CD's).

Kristy
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
At some stage in your life, though, you go "I want my story to be told," and here it is. I think that’s why people are gonna be surprised when they read. You know we know all about Tommy Lee. We know all about Keith Richards. But, we don’t know that much about Sammy.

I can't speak for the rest of you but I'm fine with not knowing a god damn thing about Sammy. I mean, I can live out the rest of my years without knowing. I am more than at peace with that.

hambon4lif
03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I bet it pisses him off that they put that monosyllabic 80-proof nuclear Cheetoh on the cover instead of him.

No Dr. Hook song for fatso!

Kristy
03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
I bet it pisses him off that they put that monosyllabic 80-proof nuclear Cheetoh on the cover instead of him.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3140/maindz.jpg

That is beyond the pale of disgusting. Eeeew. Gigantor thighs riding a phallic rocket with an ass the size of Montana to match. And where did those boots come from? Texas State Fair flag girl team? Circa 1985?

There is only so much whale meat they can put on the cover, hambon.

kwame k
03-02-2011, 07:57 PM

No Dr. Hook song for fatso!

...that and Van Halen has a huge font with Spammy's name in tiny letters......notice in the article that all the links/photos are to the current Van Halen lineup.

Considering the guy only did 10 years in Van Halen you'd think he'd get upset that in any interview, anywhere that's all that's mentioned.

BITEYOASS
03-02-2011, 08:02 PM
http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/picture/David_Lee_Roth/DavidLeeRoth_Cohen_15739639.jpg

HELLO? WINNING!

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 08:04 PM
That is beyond the pale of disgusting. Eeeew. Gigantor thighs riding a phallic rocket with an ass the size of Montana to match.

Imagine the amount of thrust needed just to get that rocket off the launch pad with her straddling it.

BITEYOASS
03-02-2011, 08:08 PM
DAVE'S SHIT EATTIN' GRINNING....

http://www.topnews.in/files/images/David-Lee-Roth5.jpg

....RHYMES WITH WINNING!

BITEYOASS
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Imagine the amount of thrust needed just to get that rocket off the launch pad with her straddling it.

I don't even think a Saturn V can pull that off.

Terry
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Fuckin' Hagar.

Just has to try and keep his hand in the game with VH.

Probably figures it's been nearly three years since VH's last tour ended and the boys are having problems with Dave...that they can't get a record together with Roth, and since Mike's no longer in the band and therefore unable to personally carry Sammy's water to the Van Halens that he needs to send these messages via the media.

What a creative way for him to let the Van Halens know he's still available. It's very helpful of Sammy to let everyone know he's up for the gig. I wonder if he'd tour with the Van Halens if Ed said to him "um, okay, but Wolfie's still the bassplayer. Biff Malibu is not invited, and I don't want him showing up backstage, either."

vanhalen1r2
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
fuck him 100%

+1, Spambo is such a fucking cunt when talking about his jilted relationship with all things VH.