PDA

View Full Version : JUDAS PRIEST's HALFORD Discusses 30th Anniversary Of 'British Steel' On 'In The Studi

Jagermeister
02-14-2011, 04:10 PM
In celebration of the 30th anniversary of "British Steel", Grammy Award-winning British metal band JUDAS PRIEST toured North America and Japan in the summer and fall of 2009, each night playing the album in its entirety.

"British Steel" was originally released in April 1980 and was the band's first platinum Top 40 album in the United States and their first Top 10 studio album in the United Kingdom. Columbia/Legacy re-released this seminal album May 11, 2010. There is a "British Steel" 30th-anniversary standard edition available, as well as a "British Steel" 30th-anniversary deluxe edition box set, available only through JudasPriest.com. The standard edition features a CD of the original nine-song album, plus two bonus tracks, as well as a DVD featuring a "Making of British Steel" interview, as well as full concert footage of the 16-song set from the 2009 "British Steel" tour, filmed live at the Seminole Hard Rock Arena, Hollywood, Florida. The deluxe edition features all this, plus a CD of the live recording from the Seminole Hard Rock Arena concert.

lesfunk
02-15-2011, 12:59 AM
I preferred "Stained Class"

Mr Badguy
02-15-2011, 07:30 AM
The DVD concert is awesome.

It's got all of "British Steel", "Diamonds and Rust" (played properly) and "Freewheel burning".

Sorry if anyone doesn't like it, but I'm just an old Metalhead.

binnie
02-15-2011, 09:01 AM
I would have liked the British Steel tour to have come to the UK....

Green Manalishi
02-15-2011, 04:18 PM
British Steel kicks maximum ass ! My first live Judas Priest show was at " GrandSlam SuperJam '80 " at the old Busch Stadium .
Righteous lineup of bands for the times : ( in order ) Shooting Star , April Wine , Judas Priest , Journey , and...ahem...
Sammy Hagar

Judas Priest played for about an hour in 100 plus degree heat and just WOW-ed 40,000 appreciative patrons with total
head removal metal . They played plenty of tracks from the newly released British Steel along with classics like " Green Manalishi " ,
" The Ripper " , and " Victim Of Changes " Yes , I still have my GrandSlam SuperJam '80 t-shirt from that show . Years later , meeting Rob Halford ,
he still remembers that show and how un-bearably hot it was .

Fast forward 29 years to 2009 and I see the British Steel tour that summer . My 7th. Judas Priest concert and they can still bring it .
Man , I love this band .