PDA

View Full Version : HS wrestler forfeits Championship match against a girl....

fifth element
02-17-2011, 03:29 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/For-first-time-Iowa-girl-wins-a-state-wrestling?urn=highschool-322846

discuss....

fifth element
02-17-2011, 06:01 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/For-first-time-Iowa-girl-wins-a-state-wrestling?urn=highschool-322846

discuss....

I have boys who wrestle, 1 at a collegiate level, another in HS.
They both think that deferring due to gender is not only an insult to the female wrestler, but just plain crazy on the part of the young boy.

she is aware by the time she reaches the Championships that wrestling is a combative sport....

Of course, it is not the first time that I have seen it happen.
In Kids Club (wrestling), there are many parents who refuse to allow their young boys face off against a female, even though it costs him the match.

Unchainme
02-17-2011, 07:28 PM
It's a shitty predicament to be in.

You can't lose to the girl at that age, as you'll get laughed at from then on out.

and you can't beat up on them because that's not really considered good manners according to society.

Having wrestled myself, a good friend of mine was involved in a similiar scenario, it's not really fun to do.

fifth element
02-17-2011, 07:53 PM

You can't lose to the girl at that age, as you'll get laughed at from then on out.

and you can't beat up on them because that's not really considered good manners according to society.

Having wrestled myself, a good friend of mine was involved in a similiar scenario, it's not really fun to do.

i can understand that, i suppose. when put in that perspective, it is a "no win" situation

VAiN
02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd drop the atomic elbow on her ass.. maybe hit her with a chair. That would show her what's up.

Hardrock69
02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Well, it would be quite embarrassing for him to be wrestling a girl in a championship match only to get a hardon! :hee:

But I think he dishonored himself, his entire family, and the girl, not to mention his coach and his high school. If the girl was a good wrestler and willing to go for it, he should have been a good sport and at least tried to win. Forfeiting just makes him a pussy. Being defeated by her, he could at least say he tried. By not even trying, he is demonstrating he is afraid of women.

sonrisa salvaje
02-18-2011, 10:30 AM
I'd drop the atomic elbow on her ass.. maybe hit her with a chair. That would show her what's up.

:biggrin:

How about the use of a foreign object while the ref isn't looking?

VAiN
02-18-2011, 11:19 AM
:biggrin:

How about the use of a foreign object while the ref isn't looking?

Like a Mexican? Sure, that's cool too....

BITEYOASS
02-18-2011, 07:41 PM
I think Sean Connery in "The Rock" said it best:

chefcraig
02-18-2011, 07:52 PM
The problem at work here is one of funding. If the schools had a system that allowed a separate competition for girls, they would not be forced to compete against boys in the first place. That way, rather than creating awkward scenarios such as the one mentioned in the article, everyone choosing to compete would allowed to do so in a dignified manner. The other shoe will probably drop in the next few months, when some lawyer decides that this is a Title IX issue and sues the school on the girl's behalf.

fifth element
02-18-2011, 07:57 PM
The problem at work here is one of funding. If the schools had a system that allowed a separate competition for girls, they would not be forced to compete against boys in the first place. That way, rather than creating awkward scenarios such as the one mentioned in the article, everyone choosing to compete would allowed to do so in a dignified manner. The other shoe will probably drop in the next few months, when some lawyer decides that this is a Title IX issue and sues the school on the girl's behalf.

agree on funding, etc... which is why it kind of is a Title IX issue....

but, why on the girls behalf? After all, she won the match...even if it was by default

BITEYOASS
02-18-2011, 07:59 PM

I think their needs to be Athletic clubs that are totally seperate from the school system. So that way if someone wants to get into professional sports, they can do it either on their own dime or get a beneficiary.

chefcraig
02-18-2011, 08:01 PM
agree on funding, etc... which is why it kind of is a Title IX issue....

but, why on the girls behalf? After all, she won the match...even if it was by default

It could be part of a class action case for the "benefit of the public", using the girl's name as she was refused the right to compete.

fifth element
02-18-2011, 08:06 PM
I think their needs to be Athletic clubs that are totally seperate from the school system. So that way if someone wants to get into professional sports, they can do it either on their own dime or get a beneficiary.

there are. and, wrestling Kids clubs are open (in a major part of the US) to both boys and girls.

fifth element
02-18-2011, 08:14 PM
It could be part of a class action case for the "benefit of the public", using the girl's name as she was refused the right to compete.

i see.

how complicated things have gotten since everything has to be equal in all ways.

I mean, by and large, I am of the opinion that if a woman can DO a job that is "male oriented" then...why not?

but, the outright fact is that men are men and women are women....and we are different.

I don't think that it is possible to achieve a "Perfect equalness" when we are flat out different...

and sports activities seem to be one of those areas.
if this were not the case, why do we keep having issue after issue concerning the gender issues?

chefcraig
02-18-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't think that it is possible to achieve a "Perfect equalness" when we are flat out different...

and sports activities seem to be one of those areas.
if this were not the case, why do we keep having issue after issue concerning the gender issues?

It won't happen in our lifetime, that's for sure. Look around you, you have people killing each other over land disputes, religious differences and race, all of which have gone on since man first picked up a rock or a tree limb and whacked his neighbor over the skull with it. By comparison, the battle for equality between the sexes began only a relatively short time ago.

fifth element
02-19-2011, 12:28 AM
It won't happen in our lifetime, that's for sure. Look around you, you have people killing each other over land disputes, religious differences and race, all of which have gone on since man first picked up a rock or a tree limb and whacked his neighbor over the skull with it. By comparison, the battle for equality between the sexes began only a relatively short time ago.

i believe in equal pay for equal work

i also believe that, as i said....
true equality will be a battle, as men and women are different

anyway...you are right also in that, relatively speaking, it is a new battle, and others have yet to be won

sadaist
02-19-2011, 01:23 AM
I fucking HATE when women demand they get included into mens things. There are womens teams & mens teams. All boy schools, all men clubs, etc... And these bitches on perma-rag have to go and force their way in to all of it. If someone wants to have a "mens only" club let them. You don't see guys forcing their way & demanding they be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, or a SI Swimsuit model. It's fucking ridiculous. If you really want a coed team, start your own damn league. Another example of 1 person being offended and forcing the rest of the people to accommodate them.

1 person gets offended at an elementary school reciting the Pledge Of Allegiance - now no one gets to do it.

1 person gets offended that a courthouse has the Ten Commandments posted - and now they are gone for everyone.

1 person gets offended at a state flag, or team logo, lyrics in a song, a word, a Happy Meal toy, or state bird and everyone has to suffer.

You know what? It's okay to be offended. Then you learn to deal with it, ignore the offending thing, get over it and move the fuck on! Don't drag everyone down with you! This whole country has become a bunch of thin skinned pussy crying liberal douche bags.

Liberals are angry & miserable and feel the need to drag everyone down with them.

This chick is smoking hot.
http://rashmanly.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/tolerant-liberals.jpg?w=450&h=349&h=349

ace diamond
02-19-2011, 01:53 AM

i wrestled in middle school in the 80's.
i did have 1 match against a girl.
coach tried to talk me into this double standard bullshit of forfiture. i told the coach i was gonna wrestle the match, and afterwards,
although i won the match, i got called into the office.
coach ripped me a new one, i told him to he was a fucking piece of chickenshit cocksucking asshole, and he could fucking kiss my ass,
eat a dick, and then go fuck himself. i said, hey, fair is fair, if a girl want to wrestle, that's great. i'll gladly wrestle her anytime, anyplace.
i felt it was wrong to refuse the match. see, i have always been a fan of gender equality.
i'm proud i took the match. the girl gave me a really tough match. i was in the 125 pound division back then, so i was very thin in those days.
i'm also very proud that i stood up to that coach.
i quit the team on the spot, and i never wrestled again.
i have no regrets about it, and i would do it all over again without hesitation.
i got a lot of shit from a lot of people for many years for that match.
come to think of it,k once in a great while, even though all these years have passed,
some folks still remember me for it, and i still catch shit over it.
someone gave me grief over it just last week, and for fuck sakes it happened way back in 1989!

Va Beach VH Fan
02-19-2011, 09:38 AM
My sister was going to make the high school wresting team in the mid-70's, but they told her she would have to cut her hair so she quit.....

Equality issues aside, this is just yet another example of fairy tales (aka religion) sticking it's nose into places where it should never be....

fifth element
02-19-2011, 09:29 PM
i wrestled in middle school in the 80's.
i did have 1 match against a girl.
coach tried to talk me into this double standard bullshit of forfiture. i told the coach i was gonna wrestle the match, and afterwards,
although i won the match, i got called into the office.
coach ripped me a new one, i told him to he was a fucking piece of chickenshit cocksucking asshole, and he could fucking kiss my ass,
eat a dick, and then go fuck himself. i said, hey, fair is fair, if a girl want to wrestle, that's great. i'll gladly wrestle her anytime, anyplace.
i felt it was wrong to refuse the match. see, i have always been a fan of gender equality.
i'm proud i took the match. the girl gave me a really tough match. i was in the 125 pound division back then, so i was very thin in those days.
i'm also very proud that i stood up to that coach.
i quit the team on the spot, and i never wrestled again.
i have no regrets about it, and i would do it all over again without hesitation.
i got a lot of shit from a lot of people for many years for that match.
come to think of it,k once in a great while, even though all these years have passed,
some folks still remember me for it, and i still catch shit over it.
someone gave me grief over it just last week, and for fuck sakes it happened way back in 1989!

doesn't it amaze you at times? the memories that people have when you do something that they feel you should not have?

fifth element
02-19-2011, 09:37 PM
I fucking HATE when women demand they get included into mens things. There are womens teams & mens teams. All boy schools, all men clubs, etc... And these bitches on perma-rag have to go and force their way in to all of it. If someone wants to have a "mens only" club let them. You don't see guys forcing their way & demanding they be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader, or a SI Swimsuit model. It's fucking ridiculous. If you really want a coed team, start your own damn league. Another example of 1 person being offended and forcing the rest of the people to accommodate them.

1 person gets offended at an elementary school reciting the Pledge Of Allegiance - now no one gets to do it.

1 person gets offended that a courthouse has the Ten Commandments posted - and now they are gone for everyone.

1 person gets offended at a state flag, or team logo, lyrics in a song, a word, a Happy Meal toy, or state bird and everyone has to suffer.

You know what? It's okay to be offended. Then you learn to deal with it, ignore the offending thing, get over it and move the fuck on! Don't drag everyone down with you! This whole country has become a bunch of thin skinned pussy crying liberal douche bags.

Liberals are angry & miserable and feel the need to drag everyone down with them.

in this particular case, women wrestle because wrestling is deemed by the schools to be a co-ed sport.
IF they were to make it mens only, according to Title IX, they would then have to add a different WOMENS ONLY sport.....so it is not likely to be changing any time real soon.
Love it or hate it, some women are good at sports....
now perhaps they should stick to tennis or volleyball or womens basketball....but, untill things change, it is not the WOMEN but the SCHOOLS who are making the decision that they are allowed to play.

ace diamond
02-20-2011, 03:51 AM
doesn't it amaze you at times? the memories that people have when you do something that they feel you should not have?

"the good that men do is oft interred with their bones, but the evil that men do lives on and on."-William Shakespear

ace diamond
02-20-2011, 03:55 AM
http://rashmanly.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/tolerant-liberals.jpg?w=450&h=349&h=349

Ain't that the fucking truth!