PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Islanders 'Fight Night' (HD)

Romeo Delight
02-19-2011, 04:23 PM
I am not sure if a bottom feeder should be able to engage in this without repercussions from the league, but it was pretty entertaining nontheless:

Va Beach VH Fan
02-19-2011, 04:39 PM
It was an absolute joke....

It was a pre-meditated bounty, including calling up a good fighter from the AHL specifically for that game (Haley)....

And the ridiculous part was the reason for the Islanders "revenge", that being a 100% shoulder check on Comeau in the previous game which unfortunately resulted in a concussion....

Then, at the end of the game, DiPietro goes high on Cooke, which prompted Brent Johnson to challenge DiPietro... And of course, Johnson nailed him with one punch, which caused facial fractures....

So Martin hits Talbot from behind, a la Bertuzzi, and only gets four games....

Gillies take a run at Tangradi from the other side of the rink, elbows him to the head, causes a concussion, and gets nine games....

But Godard gets an automatic 10 game suspension for leaving the bench to protect Johnson against Haley, who didn't go to the penalty box after his last fight....

An absolute joke....

Romeo Delight
02-19-2011, 04:44 PM
In alot of ways the Martin hit was worse than Bertuzzi's.

I look at the Moore thing as part freak accident, part trying to get him involved.

The league should have given the Islanders more punishment and suspension than they did.

The refs could have doen a way better job to keep things under control.

I would have told teh Islanders after the second attack on Talbot than anyone else going after him is out of the game plus an extra 5...

Va Beach VH Fan
02-19-2011, 05:35 PM
That wouldn't have mattered, it was an absolute circus....

Romeo Delight
02-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Johnson had to challenge Dipetro. Cooke is a sh%$ disturber, but he waited outside of his crease to give him a shot in the head.

The Islanders have only themselves to blame.

As you say, calling up the thug and seeing what happened, there should be a serious repercussions for the Islanders.