PDA

View Full Version : Japanese water powered car

Nitro Express
02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
This is actually old technology. NASA was using it in the 1960's. Now due to international oil price gouging Japan might make it an economic reality since they have to exchange Yen for US Dollars and buy oil from OPEC.

The only problem is in cold climates your fuel freezes.

Nitro Express
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Get ready to see all sorts of new alternative energy products come out of Asia. Unlike the west, they have real motivations to get off of oil. China will be laughing at the west for wasting all those resources trying to grab middle east oil assets.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
dude built one out on the west coast years ago

Nitro Express
02-24-2011, 05:33 PM
All sorts of stuff comes out but it never comes to market unless the big boys want it to. The corporations get all the grants and if they buy your design, it gets shelved.

Nitro Express
02-24-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't think we are going to fight WWIII over oil. For some reason certain people in the west seem hell bent to start shit in the middle east for some crazy reason. What's going to happen is new oil alternatives are going to start sprouting and with the internet, the news will spread and then public demand will change things. When one group of people are paying out the ass for gas and another group are commuting on water, then you have a changing dynamic.

Nitro Express
02-24-2011, 05:44 PM
What can't you do with hemp?

ace diamond
02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
What can't you do with hemp?

why is it that i'm thinking of a certain cheech and chong scene..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY_a3IiaVwo

Nitro Express
02-24-2011, 06:35 PM
See. None of this is new. We had that hemp technology in the 70's.

FORD
02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Actually, Henry Ford (no relation) wanted to build a car out of, and run it on hemp nearly a century ago.

ace diamond
02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
See. None of this is new. We had that hemp technology in the 70's.

yeah, the 1870's.

hambon4lif
02-24-2011, 07:36 PM

BigBadBrian
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NHmGTuCTevI/S-6dzmDkK_I/AAAAAAAAArw/l9tYw40AC_M/s320/Liberals_are_like_slinkys.jpg

hambon4lif
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NHmGTuCTevI/S-6dzmDkK_I/AAAAAAAAArw/l9tYw40AC_M/s320/Liberals_are_like_slinkys.jpgSo the Japanese powered car was invented by a liberal?

I can't quite make the connection here......

FORD
02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
So the Japanese powered car was invented by a liberal?

Well that's obvious.

What right winger would invent any technology where a corporation can't own the fuel source?

water falls from the sky. It can't be controlled by the Enrons and Exxons of the world. (though there is a corporate push to attempt control of the drinkable kind.)

Nitro Express
02-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Actually, Henry Ford (no relation) wanted to build a car out of, and run it on hemp nearly a century ago.

I knew he designed his early cars to run on ethanol. He figured farmers could distill their own fuel. Gasoline just turned out to be cheaper and had more BTU's. I didn't know about the hemp. I guess you could make bio diesel out of it.

Nitro Express
02-25-2011, 12:29 AM
What's funny is in the old days, people used to buy gasoline at the pharmacy for their cars. I guess they used it as a body rub. Talk about smelly.

ELVIS
02-25-2011, 07:55 AM
What right winger would invent any technology where a corporation can't own the fuel source?

That's just stupid...

Seshmeister
02-25-2011, 08:23 AM
This is actually old technology. NASA was using it in the 1960's. Now due to international oil price gouging Japan might make it an economic reality since they have to exchange Yen for US Dollars and buy oil from OPEC.

The only problem is in cold climates your fuel freezes.

I really hope you didn't invest in this, you really shouldn't have got drunk before those science classes back in the day.

Water isn't the fuel, you add the water to the actual fuel cell to get the hydrogen.

One thing that helps fuel the conspiracy rumors surrounding water cars is that the media run these segments where they show "water cars" actually driving around, and it all seems to work, and then we never hear about them again. People figure that Big Oil (or the Illuminati, whatever) is suppressing the technology. The reality is more mundane: It is actually possible to make a car look like it runs on water without breaking the first law of thermodynamics. The way it's usually done is with metal hydrides. These react with water to produce hydrogen, which is then used to power the car. But since these hydrides will deplete with time, they need to be replaced and so they are actually the fuel, not the water. And you can be sure that more energy will go into producing them than will be taken out, making them an energy carrier, just like a battery.

ELVIS
02-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Sesh, your moments of clarity seem to be on the upswing...

What are you doing differently ??

:biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-25-2011, 11:19 AM
I really hope you didn't invest in this, you really shouldn't have got drunk before those science classes back in the day.

Water isn't the fuel, you add the water to the actual fuel cell to get the hydrogen.

One thing that helps fuel the conspiracy rumors surrounding water cars is that the media run these segments where they show "water cars" actually driving around, and it all seems to work, and then we never hear about them again. People figure that Big Oil (or the Illuminati, whatever) is suppressing the technology. The reality is more mundane: It is actually possible to make a car look like it runs on water without breaking the first law of thermodynamics. The way it's usually done is with metal hydrides. These react with water to produce hydrogen, which is then used to power the car. But since these hydrides will deplete with time, they need to be replaced and so they are actually the fuel, not the water. And you can be sure that more energy will go into producing them than will be taken out, making them an energy carrier, just like a battery.

yeah Sesh, I've split water into hydrogen and oxygen with an electrical current before. It takes electricity or a chemical reaction to split the water. I know Google is using Bloom boxes to power their corporate headquarters. The problem with fuel cells is the cost of the device and they require another fuel source to run.

ELVIS
02-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Gasoline powered cars will be on the showroom floors at dealerships around the world for the rest of our lives and beyond...

The alternative, so-called "green" toys (and nice toys BTW) will be here and there, but I like gasoline engines, and so do quite a few other sane folks...

:elvis:

Nitro Express
02-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Gasoline powered cars will be on the showroom floors at dealerships around the world for the rest of our lives and beyond...

The alternative, so-called "green" toys (and nice toys BTW) will be here and there, but I like gasoline engines, and so do quite a few other sane folks...

:elvis:

The internal combustion engine has been around over 100 years because it's cheap. It's horrendously inefficient but there is a lot of power in petroleum. Battery technology is always getting better and the driving force for this was lap top computers and portable electronic devices. I rode an electric motorcycle and it was great. A ton of torque off the line and great acceleration. The problem is the cost. You can buy the equivalent gasoline powered motorcycle for less money and a tank of gasoline has a greater range.

I see diesel engines becoming more popular. I thin bio diesel is going to be the realistic oil alternative.

Nitro Express
02-25-2011, 11:43 AM
The last time I was in Bejing for the Olympics I went "Oh shit the Chinese copied all our mistakes." They built Los Angeles over there and now you can't walk or ride a bike without fear of getting killed and you are stuck in traffic jams. The pollution is the worst I have ever seen. I mean they built a new city from the ground up and they could have had state of the art public transportation but they copied the California model and now it's LA and working just about as well. The first thing everyone wants as soon as they have enough money is a car. Deep down they want a powerful car that can smoke the tires. I guess we all want to hear the engine roar, shoot a gun up into the air, and get pushed into the seat as the big beast takes off.

Nitro Express
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Chang wants to be king of the hill!:biggrin:

ELVIS
02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
It's horrendously inefficient but there is a lot of power in petroleum.

The Internal combustion engine is very efficient in real-world applications compaired to any technology on the market today and it will continue to stay competitive...

Kristy
02-25-2011, 12:00 PM

Neither can I. Seems the Brain here has been stretching on his copy & paste skills.