PDA

View Full Version : Rick Rolled Nirvana

Little Texan
02-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Here's an interesting mashup that works surprisingly well...Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit and Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up.

sadaist
02-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Funny how no matter what genre of music you perform, there are basic ways to write the melodies. As shown perfectly here how they fit together when tempos are evened out. Just shows Nirvana didn't do anything all that groundbreaking. They still followed basic music writing frameworks.

FORD
02-27-2011, 12:56 AM
I can picture Kurt laughing his ass off watching this. Very well done, and I say that as someone who couldn't stand Rick Asshole when he made that damnable record 25 years ago, or whenever it was.

twonabomber
02-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Funny how no matter what genre of music you perform, there are basic ways to write the melodies. As shown perfectly here how they fit together when tempos are evened out. Just shows Nirvana didn't do anything all that groundbreaking. They still followed basic music writing frameworks.

that was always my argument. what made it "alternative?" they (not just Nirvana) were still going verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus or some variation of everything that had been done. maybe being mopes made them alternative.

FORD
02-27-2011, 01:06 AM
"Alternative" (and "grunge" for that matter) was just a meaningless label some corporate label shit for brains made up. Nirvana and the other bands of the era were an "alternative" to transvestite pussy hair bands singing cheese ballads, but it's not as though they set out to be defined as that.

Fuck the labels. Music is either good or it's not. Why try to put it in a "box"?

sadaist
02-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Fuck the labels. Music is either good or it's not. Why try to put it in a "box"?

Cause they can charge 3x normal for box sets.