PDA

View Full Version : Would Ron Paul and Ralph Nader make a good team for the presidency?

Nitro Express
02-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Both of these guys are going to run but if they want to beat the corporate sponsored Republicans and Democrats they will need each other. They seem to get along on most things. Nader wants single payer healthcare and Paul wants free market. Most importantly they both want that Obamacare fraud nixed. Politics is compromise but these guys seem to get along on the most important issues like ending the Federal Reserve, ending the wars, stopping the bailouts and balancing the budget.

What's interesting is this segment had very high ratings and Ron Paul and Ralph Nader are popular with the younger voters and older voters alike.

ELVIS
02-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Way way better than what we have now!

I'd give them my vote as a team for sure...

Paul/Nader 2012

:elvis:

FORD
02-28-2011, 02:34 PM
As long as Ron Paul was only in charge of foreign policy and ending the Federal Reserve, I could vote for that ticket. Don't want him anywhere near most domestic policy though. Nader might be too old though. Maybe we should put Dennis Kucinich on the ticket instead?

Nitro Express
02-28-2011, 02:40 PM
I would be willing to try single payer if it nixed Obamacare. For what we are wasting on the wars, single payer healthcare is cheap in comparison. I'm a free market guy but the insurance companies are so rigged you would have to strong arm them with the government to stop their nonsense. So the more I think about it, single payer might be the best realistic option. I think we will have problems in the future going that route because the politicians will just use their control over the money to buy votes and the system will start to get corrupt and expensive at that point. But then that happens when the free market gets colluded as well.

Seshmeister
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I think the insurance companies own too many of your politicians to get it through anyway.

Nitro Express
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
As long as Ron Paul was only in charge of foreign policy and ending the Federal Reserve, I could vote for that ticket. Don't want him anywhere near most domestic policy though. Nader might be too old though. Maybe we should put Dennis Kucinich on the ticket instead?

Ron Paul seems like a reasonable man that's willing to compromise for the greater good. I mean we are at the cusp of living in a corporate ran Nazi Germany and everyone knows it. We have a huge currency crises and to be honest, if a trade war starts that's the end of the world economy and the begining of wars with real super powers involved. We can have WWIII or we can avoid it politically. I think a lot of people get that and it's not going to change voting politics as usual.

We need to get reasonable people elected and they need to sit down with other leaders around the world and work the shitty situation these central banks and corporations put us in. Then arrest the fuckers.

Nitro Express
02-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I think the insurance companies own too many of your politicians to get it through anyway.

Well they hijacked it with Obamacare and now the liberals are seeing him and his cabinet for the liars they are. No we can't take another bad hit. Bush did enormous damage and Obama just dumped gasoline all over that mess.

I think everything hangs on this next election and people are going to get the big wakeup call with high food prices and more government clamp down. People will be plenty angry by the time the election season gets going and will be fed up by then. It's easy to take advantage of people when they are addicted to cheap loans, but when they are losing their jobs, paying high interest, and the government is gouging them on everything, they wake up. I think the Democrats and Republicans both are seeing the same enemy, the multinational corporations and banks. Those guys enjoyed having us fight each other while they got their paid off guy elected in each party. I think we see through that game now. So it will be interesting.

When the smoke clears we are going to have to sit down, break open these banks and see what really went on. Maybe we can get some of our money back if it's still worth something. Then we need serious debt forgiveness. We can forgive the debt or have World War III. One nation alone can't fix all of it. China obviously doesn't want war. They are smart enough to know they won't gain anything. The thing we need to be careful not to get duped by is that international basket of currencies the International Monitary Fund is starting to peddle. It's just a ploy for the bankers to hold onto their power. Basically they were going broke so they used their political ties to rob everyone else. Now they are sitting on all these derivatives they want multiple generations of people to pay off. We need to erase those derivatives from the books.

FORD
02-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Ron Paul runs as a Republican because it's the only way he can get elected in Texas, but the reality is he's a right wing Libertarian. Which is why he's against foreign imperialism and the "Federal" Reserve. However on the domestic side, he would be a disaster, because Libertarians live in a complete fantasy land when it comes to things like taxes and regulation. The Republican track record on those things over the last 30 years (including the Republican moles in the Democratic party known as the DLC) is exactly what is destroying this country, and Paul (especially with a teabagger congress) would escalate that insanity to Warp 10. (Or more accurately Warp 1880)

Nitro Express
02-28-2011, 04:59 PM
It's the only way Ron Paul can get on all the ballots. If he runs as an independent he has to go to all the counties in the US and meet their requirements. By running as a Republican that's taken care of and he can put the money towards campaigning.