PDA

View Full Version : Why Scott Walker Must Win

BigBadBrian
03-01-2011, 08:03 AM
LINK (http://townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2011/03/01/why_scott_walker_must_win/page/full/)

The anti-democratic methods President Obama's union allies are using in Wisconsin testify to the crucial character of the battle being fought.

Teachers have walked off in wildcat strikes, taking pupils with them. Doctors have issued lying affidavits saying the teachers were sick, a good example of ethical conduct for the school kids.

Thousands of demonstrators have daily invaded the Capitol, chanting, hooting, banging drums. Hundreds have camped out there and refused to leave so the Capitol building can be cleaned.

Is this democracy in action? Is this what 9-year-old Christina-Taylor Green went out to see that Saturday morning in Tucson?

Picketers have carried placards with the face of Gov. Scott Walker in the cross hairs of a gun sight. He has been compared to Hitler, Mussolini, Mubarak. Democrats have fled the state to deny the elected Wisconsin Senate a quorum to vote.

Such tactics cannot be allowed to triumph in a republic.

Why is the left behaving with desperation? Because it senses what this battle is all about. Not just about pay, but about power.

The Republicans are not only resolved to guarantee government workers pay a fair share of the cost of their pensions and health care. They are in a purposeful drive to disarm and demobilize the tax-subsidized armies of the Democratic Party and end sweetheart deals between unions and the poodle politicians they put into office.

"Walker wants to end collective bargaining," is the wail.

Actually, what the governor wants to end is the scandalous practice of powerful unions raising millions and running phone banks and get-out-the-vote operations for politicians who thank them with wages, benefits and job security no private employer can match.

Since the 1960s, government unions have been able to sit behind closed doors with the politicians they put in office and write contracts, the cost of which is borne by taxpayers who have no one at the table.

They call this collective bargaining. A more accurate term is collusive bargaining. And Walker means put an end to the racket.

When Ford sits down with the UAW, Ford negotiators represent the executives, directors and shareholders. Should they give away the store and Ford have to raise prices, and be undercut by Honda, all Ford workers, shareholders and executives suffer.

This is a healthy adversary procedure where Ford and the UAW each represents the interests of those who sent them, and both share a stake in keeping Ford prosperous.

When government unions sit down with the politicians they put into office, the relationship is not adversarial. It is not healthy. It is incestuous. And taxpayers must pay the cost of their cohabitation.

Gov. Walker also seeks to end the practice of having the state government collect union dues from state workers.

Indeed, why should a Republican administration collect dues for the benefit of union bosses who constantly labor to see to it those Republicans are not re-elected? Let the unions collect their own dues.

Walker would also require public service employee unions to hold annual elections by secret ballot to determine if state workers want the union to represent them, or if they would prefer to have their deducted union dues put back in their paychecks.

Legislators submit to voters every two years.

Why ought not unions to do the same?

In Wisconsin, the die is cast and Walker cannot yield.

For if he yields, the state and its 3,000 cities, counties, towns and school districts will be forever at the mercy of these unions.

If he yields, it will be a triumph for the tactics of intimidation, wildcat strikes and mass demonstrations to block legislative action.

The senators who fled will come home heroes, and Walker will have broken the hearts of the people who put their faith in him.

If Walker yields, governors and legislators across America will read the tea leaves and back away from taking on government unions. That means higher and higher taxes, as in Illinois, and eventual sinking of the states into unpayable debt and default.

The correlation of forces is in Walker's favor. Time is on his side. When you are holding a winning hand, you do not offer to split the pot.

After his opponents invaded the Capitol, called him Hitler, fled the state, and tried to shout down and shut down the legislature with raucous demonstrations, what other cards do they have left to play?

Walker has recalled Ronald Reagan's firing of the air traffic controllers as an example of how a strong leader must stand up even to a popular union when it is wrong.

There is an earlier example. When the Boston police went on strike and criminals ran amuck, and Sam Gompers came to the defense of the cops, Gov. Calvin Coolidge sent a telegram to that founding father of the American labor movement, "There is no right to strike against the public safety by anybody, anywhere, any time."

Scott Walker cannot lose this fight, because his country cannot afford to have him lose it.

BigBadBrian
03-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Government employees simply should not have the right to collectively bargain and hold the taxpayers hostage.

Democrats, I'll bet you're real proud of those Democratic state senators who ran to Illinois rather than do the jobs they were elected to do. Federally, even though Obamacare won out (for now, at least), I'm glad the Republicans in the US Senate and US House didn't stoop to such similar cowardly tactics.

chefcraig
03-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Democrats, I'll bet you're real proud of those Democratic state senators who ran to Illinois rather than do the jobs they were elected to do. Federally, even though Obamacare won out (for now, at least), I'm glad the Republicans in the US Senate and US House didn't stoop to such similar cowardly tactics.

No, I'm not exactly thrilled by the action (or in truth, lack of it), yet desperate times call for desperate measures. Which in a manner of speaking, explains why so many in the Republican Party decided to "stoop to...cowardly tactics" (your words) by going against party lines and endorsing the Obama presidency in the first place.

Republicans for Obama (http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=node/3341)

FORD
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
What this is REALLY all about is destroying the only "power" base the Democratic Party has left (unions) and ensuring one party corporatist fascism. Buchanan even ADMITS this in the above article...

"They are in a purposeful drive to disarm and demobilize the tax-subsidized armies of the Democratic Party"

Nobody should delude themselves otherwise. Pat Buchanan seems to have forgotten everything he learned about the assholes running his party while Chimpy illegally occupied the White House.

Nitro Express
03-01-2011, 01:44 PM
The Japanese are the smart ones. They know it's cheaper and more efficient to just treat the workers decent and that way they don't want unions. The best companies I worked for hands down were Japanese companies. I never felt I was getting screwed over.

ELVIS
03-01-2011, 02:15 PM
"They are in a purposeful drive to disarm and demobilize the tax-subsidized armies of the Democratic Party"

Sounds like a good idea to me...

FORD
03-01-2011, 02:16 PM
A one party fascist state sounds like a GOOD idea to you? :meinsmiley:

FORD
03-01-2011, 02:21 PM
For some ungodly reason, I just got an e-mail from Prostitute ToeSucker Dick Morris.........

An Urgent Message From Dick Morris

Dear Reader:

The final battle for fiscal sanity in Wisconsin is nearing.

Gov. Scott Walker is set to lay off thousands of state employees if Senate Democrats do not allow for the democratic process to be completed and a full vote to be made on his proposals.

As I said on Fox News, this is not about Wisconsin. This is about avoiding bankruptcy in Wisconsin and bringing fiscal responsibility to states and cities across the nation.

Scott Walker’s proposals will dramatically improve education for children, allowing for merit pay, the firing of incompetent teachers and even school choice.

This is why the unions are throwing everything they can at Scott Walker.

The League of American Voters is playing a powerful role supporting Scott Walker with radio ads, telephone calls and a massive internet outreach.

Scott Walker continues to need your help. With the massive layoffs coming, there will be intense pressure on the legislature.

The big unions and groups allied with the Obama White House are pouring millions into Wisconsin.

I urge you to fight back and help the League – Go Here Now

Remember, what happens in Wisconsin will set a new standard for all 50 states and even the federal government.

That’s why it’s critical you act today. Please read Bob Adams letter below and help the League by Donating Here Now.

Thank you.

Dick Morris

Dear Member:

We are having a real impact in Wisconsin thanks to your help!

Gov. Scott Walker has been under fierce attacks from not only the big unions, but the Obama White House and even the liberal media.

As you know, the League of American Voters has been at the forefront of the battle in defending Scott Walker and fighting for the taxpayers.

We are having such an effect, the League is now the target of liberal groups out to destroy Gov. Walker.

One such group is the very liberal League of Women Voters.

After our group launched a massive phone call operation to voters in the state of Wisconsin, the liberal Women Voters group frankly went nuts.

They have sought to close down our free speech rights, even demanding we stop calling citizens in Wisconsin.

Sounds outrageous?

Well, it is. Hard to believe in a free country an organization like the League of Women Voters would do this, but they are.

In fact they issued a press release with this headline: “League of Women Voters: Calls on group to cease confusing robo-calls.”

The Women Voters group is in a tizzy because they claim our names are confusing and that they strongly OPPOSE Gov. Walker and his plan.

This is what they say: “Make no mistake, the League of Women Voters opposes this bill, based on longheld positions including support of adequately funded government, accessibility of health care to all citizens and a belief that a bill that proposes to strip public employees of bargaining rights they have held for 50 years should not be fast tracked through the legislative process.”

Well, we are not the League of WOMEN Voters.

We are the League of AMERICAN Voters – and we are fighting for every man, women and child in this country.

We are also fighting for every taxpayer.

We are not going to stop, despite the smear campaign by the Women Voters group.

The League of American Voters is not backing down.

We urgently need your help – Go Here Now

Right now, thanks to your help, we are reaching millions of citizens in Wisconsin.

Our powerful radio ad exposes how the unions pose a serious danger to the state – and will lead the state to bankruptcy if Gov. Walker can’t close the $3.6 billion budget gap he faces.

Our telephone calls are also urging citizens to call their legislators, urging them to vote and support Gov. Walker.

Your support is paying off, as these attacks against us prove.

But we urgently need to continue this battle.

As I write this, the big unions and liberal groups aligned with President Obama are pouring millions into Wisconsin.

Frankly, our side is being outspent.

But we have the facts and truth on our side. We have the taxpayers' interest.

Now, you may not live in Wisconsin.

But what happens in Wisconsin will affect you. It is setting the stage for budget battles all across America.

If Gov. Scott Walker wins in once-liberal Wisconsin, we can win in almost any state in the nation.

Gov. Scott Walker urgently needs your help – Please Go Here Now

Thank you for your support.

Yours for America,

Bob Adams
Executive Director

P.S. Dick Morris, the famous Fox News analyst and prostitute toe sucker, says the League of American Voters is the “most effective grassroots organization in America.” Dick is urging citizens to donate to support Gov. Walker and fight Obama’s union allies. Please join our cause today – Go Here Now

FORD
03-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Now who the Hell is the "League of American Voters", you ask?

Sounds like a harmless, non-partisan organization, right?

Well it isn't. Just another false front group. And guess who it's a front for?

Go on, Guess. I'll bet you can figure it out.

And if you can't...... click here (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=League_of_American_Voters).

kwame k
03-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Sure a one party system is OK with these Anti-American, spoon fed, Religious Reich idiots......because it's their party spewing this nonsense.

It exemplifies the exact problem that is wrong with our government......if one side comes up with an idea, no matter how good it is, it has to be immediately rejected because it came from the other side....doesn't matter what the idea is, it matters what side comes up with it or comes to the defense of the idea.

As long as there's an R next to someone's name they're right regardless of logic or common sense. It explains why Palin isn't some obscure has been by now. The Demos don't get a free pass in this either but the biggest problem the Demos have is they are straight up pussies. They threw a majority away and it's their own fault.

Throw common sense and the common good out the window....this is about winning and losing, no matter what the cost, unfortunately, We the People are the ones who suffer:pullinghair:

FORD
03-01-2011, 02:47 PM
It exemplifies the exact problem that is wrong with our government......if one side comes up with an idea, no matter how good it is, it has to be immediately rejected because it came from the other side....doesn't matter what the idea is, it matters what side comes up with it or comes to the defense of the idea.

Absolutely true. I'd be more than willing to consider a good idea from a Republican. Of course the last Republican to HAVE a good idea was Richard Nixon, when he created the EPA. Or maybe Ron Paul wanting to abolish the "Federal" Reserve, but he's certainly not the first guy to come up with that.

chefcraig
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM

This is what I was pointing out before, about how one party will rip the other, even if it means stretching the boundaries of logic while doing so. For instance, the Democrats that fled to Illinois in order to delay and prolong the vote on a measure are referred to as cowardly for the act. OK, if that is the standard, then when a Republican decides to filibuster in order to delay and prolong the vote on a measure, how can the act be seen as heroic, when they both produce the exact same result, even if by separate and different means? The argument (and therefore the slanderous or libelous criticism) then holds water like a cheese grater.

kwame k
03-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I have never voted straight Democrat, Republican or Independent.....I've said it before here and I'll say it again. On a local level I'm all over the place, on a State level and for President, too. I happen to believe that at the time of my vote, I am voting for the best person for the job......My dad told me never cast a vote because you think it's the winning vote or you're picking the winning team....vote for who you think will do the best job, period........that and never listen to what TV has to say about a person, the one with the most money gets their side told.

kwame k
03-01-2011, 03:07 PM
This is what I was pointing out before, about how one party will rip the other, even if it means stretching the boundaries of logic while doing so. For instance, the Democrats that fled to Illinois in order to delay and prolong the vote on a measure are referred to as cowardly for the act. OK, if that is the standard, then when a Republican decides to filibuster in order to delay and prolong the vote on a measure, how can the act be seen as heroic, when they both produce the exact same result, even if by separate and different means? The argument (and therefore the slanderous or libelous criticism) then holds water like a cheese grater.

Exactly, it defies logic and yet people don't think of it in those terms. They listen to the media and based on their favorite station they agree or disagree.

Off topic a bit but it does illustrate the point..A great documentary on the subject of war and the media's spin on it......no matter if you're Demo or Repuke it's worth watching.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/yJxzBC67J0zBbnFNXnMyqw"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/yJxzBC67J0zBbnFNXnMyqw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

chefcraig
03-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I have never voted straight Democrat, Republican or Independent.....I've said it before here and I'll say it again. On a local level I'm all over the place, on a State level and for President, too. I happen to believe that at the time of my vote, I am voting for the best person for the job...

When you give it some thought, there is no realistic way that an informed voter could vote straight down party lines if they bothered to research each individual issue. By voting straight ticket, you are pretty much putting blinders on in a blanket approach to governing, which is absurd because it requires you to take a blind faith sort of attitude about your country's destiny.

Look, voting itself requires a massive suspension of disbelief, just like a movie or tv series. You can not honestly believe that anyone (be it a politician or even members of your own family) can be counted on to act in your best interests. So why handicap things even further by handing over your trust to one party?

kwame k
03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I agree and researching a candidate nowadays is so much easier with the internet......

Guitar Shark
03-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Absolutely true. I'd be more than willing to consider a good idea from a Republican.

And the award for Emptiest Comment goes to... ;)

FORD
03-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Hey, like I said, It's not my fault that their last good idea was in the early 70s.

Nitro Express
03-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I agree and researching a candidate nowadays is so much easier with the internet......

Yes it is. A month before the election you can pick up a sample ballot and then go to work researching all the candidates. That's what I do. In local elections they have the debates going usually around then and sometimes the candidate you thought was good, looks like an idiot in the debate.

We all need to cut the party shit and just vote for the good candidates.

ELVIS
03-01-2011, 04:12 PM

As well as the bullshit award...

kwame k
03-01-2011, 05:38 PM

:lmao:

BigBadBrian
03-02-2011, 05:50 AM
A one party fascist state sounds like a GOOD idea to you? :meinsmiley:

If you think that's what it means, read it again...this time without your Marxist-tinted glasses on.

BigBadBrian
03-02-2011, 05:52 AM
No, I'm not exactly thrilled by the action (or in truth, lack of it), yet desperate times call for desperate measures. Which in a manner of speaking, explains why so many in the Republican Party decided to "stoop to...cowardly tactics" (your words) by going against party lines and endorsing the Obama presidency in the first place.

Republicans for Obama (http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=node/3341)

Everyone has the right to vote for whom they wish. Or don't you believe that? Ever heard of a Reagan Democrat?

BigBadBrian
03-02-2011, 05:54 AM

Guitar Shark...the man who comments against the posts of others but never has a political comment of his own. :gulp:

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Everyone has the right to vote for whom they wish. Or don't you believe that? Ever heard of a Reagan Democrat?

Ummm...what? You are addressing one, since I voted for the man twice. Thank you for proving my point. Sadly, I have absolutely no idea what yours might be. On one hand you are calling Democrats cowards, then stating it's fine to vote their way. Are you saying it's somehow OK to vote against party lines, then later ridicule the decisions made by those you have voted for? Now that is a nifty ideal, as you get to have your cake and eat it as well.

Dr. Love
03-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Is this what 9-year-old Christina-Taylor Green went out to see that Saturday morning in Tucson?

Stopped reading right there. What emotionally manipulative bullshit. What does that little girl possibly have with that governor's agenda?

Ridiculous and shameful.

ELVIS
03-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I missed that and I agree...

That's a tactic more widely used by bleeding heart fags...

hambon4lif
03-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Talk about trying to win an argument "by any means necessary"...

That was really fucked up.

Matt White
03-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Hysterical......

The Unions have given Walker the concession needed to fund his "budget" & Corporate welfare.....

It's about crushing the Unions....both Public & Private....

Love how Cops & firefighters have been called "slobs" by the Neo-Cons....

JUST SAY "NO" to KOCH

And I'd like SOMEBODY to come up with a pic of the sign or signs of Walker in the crosshairs......

And don't be like FAUX NEWS...who showed video of the "violent" Madison Mob....complete with Palm trees behind them...Yeah...in balmy downtown Madison

ELVIS
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
And I'd like SOMEBODY to come up with a pic of the sign or signs of Walker in the crosshairs......

I posted it yesterday...

Matt White
03-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I posted it yesterday...

I just checked it out....

Now...show me a picture of somebody carrying that sign in Madison....not some photoshopped pic without anyone connected to it

I have been in the crowds in Madison 5 times in the last 2 weeks...as well as in Milwaukee...haven't seen that type of thing yet...

And if I do I'll tell the person that there is no place for them in a civil protest

ELVIS
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
http://reformedpastor.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/walker-crosshairs1.jpg?w=320&h=212

Best I could do...

Matt White
03-02-2011, 11:19 AM
http://reformedpastor.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/walker-crosshairs1.jpg?w=320&h=212

Best I could do...

Yup...not so sure where that is from....

Hope that isn't one of the "planted trouble-makers"!

I have to say...that last saturday...with 120,000+ anti-Walker protesters marching about the Capital...

I did see 4-5 Pro-Walker people with signs...& my hat is off to them for taking a stand for what they beileve...they have every right to voice their opinion.....THAT is Democracy in action

Now? Off to UWM....another protest march at 12:30pm centeral time

Peace

ELVIS
03-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Get the guy with the olive coat and blue bag!!!

:biggrin:

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Hope that isn't one of the "planted trouble-makers"!

I like the idea of "planting" someone amongst those Westboro nitwits...

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8922/abcdrio.png (http://img101.imageshack.us/i/abcdrio.png/)

FORD
03-02-2011, 01:00 PM
If you think that's what it means, read it again...this time without your Marxist-tinted glasses on.

Unions are the only part of the Democratic party base which have a hope in Hell of competing against corporations in a post Shittyzens United corrupted political environment. Unions are also the only thing blocking predatory corporatists from paying everybody minimum wage (until they decide that even THAT is too much)

The KKKoch Brothers and their puppets like Hosni Walker and Closet Kasich know damn well this is the case. And in Wisconsin's case they also want to ENRONize the utilities, which is another obvious assault on the People.

FORD
03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYiKdJoSsb8

PETE'S BROTHER
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
MADISON, Wis. -- A bill being circulated by Sen. Mary Lazich of New Berlin and Rep. Mark Honadel of Milwaukee would prohibit anyone from trying to “defraud, cause harm, or gain anything of value” by generating a fake phone number to appear on a recipient’s caller ID.
A spokesperson for Lazich said the bill is not in response to a blogger who posed as a campaign contributor and had a conversation with Gov. Scott Walker.
The bill would exempt law enforcement and government agencies from the provision.
Congress passed a similar bill in 2010 outlawing the technique called phone spoofing.
To find out more on this, visit Channel 3000's Search page.

FORD
03-02-2011, 01:29 PM
MADISON, Wis. -- A bill being circulated by Sen. Mary Lazich of New Berlin and Rep. Mark Honadel of Milwaukee would prohibit anyone from trying to “defraud, cause harm, or gain anything of value” by generating a fake phone number to appear on a recipient’s caller ID.
A spokesperson for Lazich said the bill is not in response to a blogger who posed as a campaign contributor and had a conversation with Gov. Scott Walker.
The bill would exempt law enforcement and government agencies from the provision.
Congress passed a similar bill in 2010 outlawing the technique called phone spoofing.
To find out more on this, visit Channel 3000's Search page.

So this is how the Repukes in the Wisconsin Legislature waste time and the public's money while their idiot Stalinist funded governor tries to destroy the state?

kwame k
03-02-2011, 06:35 PM
I love how the Repukes try to boil this down for idiots like Forrest and Friends.....all the while failing to mention no one has abused their collective bargaining rights.

They conceded to pay for their medical and other concessions but to hear the mental midgets talk it's the collective bargaining that's going to ruin the government and hamstring any attempts at a balance budget......quite a circular argument and one that has zero basis in fact.

Maybe a bigger font will catch the eye of Forrest and Friends, who have an attention span of gnats........They conceded the money part, jackasses!!!!!

Matt White
03-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm AMAZED at the amount of KOCH-Funded Pro-Walker ads that have been run today on the local NBC channel........

WOW....are they worried about the nutty Wisconsin crowd actually backing their teachers & nurses & firefighters & cops.......

PETE'S BROTHER
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
The Wisconsin Senate passed a resolution Thursday ordering the arrest of the 14 Democratic senators who left the state two weeks ago to avoid a vote on Gov. Scott Walker's controversial budget repair bill.
It's unclear whether the move to force the senators back to the Capitol is constitutional. The state Constitution prohibits the arrest of legislators while in session unless they're suspected of committing felonies, treason or breach of the peace.
James Troupis, a private attorney hired by Fitzgerald, contended Thursday that the move is legal. He cited a portion of the state Constitution that provides that each house "may compel the attendance of absent members."
Republicans voted 19-0 to give the Democrats until 4 p.m. Thursday to appear before the Senate. The 14 Democrats are believed to be in Illinois. If the senators do not return by the deadline, the Senate agreed to find them "in contempt and disorderly behavior."
Declared Fitzgerald: "They have pushed us to the edge of a constitutional crisis."
The Senate also voted to institute a "call of the house," which is the mechanism used to compel senators to return to the chamber.
That means the Senate sergeant at arms can "with or without force" and with or without the help of any law enforcement officers to take them into custody and bring them to the state Capitol. Fitzgerald acknowledged the senators could only be taken into custody if they return to Wisconsin.
Check back with madison.com for more details on this story as it develops.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
yesterday i heard they were gonna make the senators pick up their checks, no direct deposit....this shit is crazy

jhale667
03-03-2011, 04:41 PM
yesterday i heard they were gonna make the senators pick up their checks, no direct deposit....this shit is crazy

...And they're taking away their parking spaces...the horror. Walker and the WI Repukes are pathetic.

BigBadBrian
03-05-2011, 04:55 AM
http://www.cagle.com/news/WisconsinProtests/images/payne.jpg

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 06:02 AM
kowtowing and politiking along party lines , taking undue credit, buck passing blame, etc........
seriously, folks,
this ain't nothing new here in the usa.
it's been going on since day 1 in this country, the USA, since the late 18th century.

ELVIS
03-06-2011, 09:30 AM
You were there ??

chefcraig
03-06-2011, 10:30 AM
You were there ??

Between that and mastering the Kodak Instamatic at an Ozzy show at age 2, the guy is a regular Forrest Gump, and more than likely as genuine as both Gump and that "tourist guy" who always seemed to crop up in photos of famous disasters a few years ago.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/vernonfl/tourist_guy.jpg

bueno bob
03-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Only a completely worthless, mostly brain dead governor who's utterly ineffectual at his job and totally ignorant of the chain of cause-effect could give mega-conglomerates millions of dollars as freebies and then turn around and blame the millions of dollars that Wisconsin is short by on it's own public employees. This isn't shades of gray, nor is it opinion vs. opinion - this is battle between what's right and what's wrong, PERIOD. Black and white, good and bad. No differential. Fuck Scott Walker and fuck anybody that supports him.

FORD
03-06-2011, 11:51 AM
And let's not forget that the OTHER purpose behind Walker's bullshit - aside from busting unions - is to ENRONize public utilities, most likely handing them over to the Kochsuckers themselves. And that worked out so well for Texas, the West Coast and everywhere else the Chimp's buddy Kenny Lay did business.

Maybe the KKKochs and Walker can fake their deaths to avoid prison too?

ELVIS
03-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Prison ??

LMAO!

And bob must have the same kind of taxpayer job that FORD has...

Nitro Express
03-06-2011, 01:17 PM
There's a move to privatize more of the public education. Every state capitol is awash in lobbyists buying off politicians. The excuse is always saving money and giving the children a better education. They are having a big spat in Idaho over this sort of thing. The teachers can't strike because it's a right to work state. Big protests and hearings. The students are even walking out of class. The plan is to cut teachers and replace them with software and computers while having larger classroom sizes.

I'm not a real fan of unions but you aways should negotiate with the unions first before you get nasty. When someone comes running in with a new plan with no negotiation and a new privatized or technological solution. Follow the money on that one. It's stinks of lobbyists.

Matt White
03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Fuck Scott Walker and fuck anybody that supports him.

:D

Reminds me of something my Grandfather used to say back in the 1980's....

"Fuck Reagan AND his friends."

Just to stop any unnecessary conversation before it started......LMAO

FORD
03-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately, the last 30 years have been more like Reagan and his friends fucking us. :(

ELVIS
03-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Whatever dude...

the atomic punk
03-07-2011, 08:01 AM
On the surface. this is about breaking unions, but it is allso about destroying the public school system. By removing teachers collective bargining rights, school boards can do things like shutting down schools and increasing class sizes without teacher input. This makes public education less atractive to those who can marginally afford other options. The eventual goal is to make education a marketable commodity.

bueno bob
03-07-2011, 11:03 AM
On the surface. this is about breaking unions, but it is allso about destroying the public school system. By removing teachers collective bargining rights, school boards can do things like shutting down schools and increasing class sizes without teacher input. This makes public education less atractive to those who can marginally afford other options. The eventual goal is to make education a marketable commodity.

I can't imagine that we can live in a country where education up to one's own personal ability has become a "marketable commodity". But you can take that back to Reagan too. America has never recovered from all the cuts he made to education, and we're showing the benefits of that right now in this country. You'd have to be blind not to see it. We've got people up in arms that high school graduates can't read, do basic math or find Russia on a map (except a few can see it from their back porch, apparently), and yet nobody wants to do anything to fix it. We're churning out a nation of dimwits and nobody wants to do anything about that because it's not really cost effective for anybody to care.

We'll see where that gets us in a few generations, I guess.

bueno bob
03-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Whatever dude...

Are you looking around your country and seeing the last 30 years as being awesome for everybody? Are you making the argument that the last 30 years have been great for the economy and nothing's wrong with the employment levels, education system, health care, national defense, and parallels between earned income and cost of living for the middle and lower classes (you know, the people who actually work for a living)?

If that's your argument, then "WHATEVER DUDE!" is an appropriate response, but in the event that you do actually see problems with the aforementioned items (among others), then you need to take a long hard look at who's been running your country for the last 30 years and come up with something a bit better, I'd think.

jhale667
03-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I can't imagine that we can live in a country where education up to one's own personal ability has become a "marketable commodity". But you can take that back to Reagan too. America has never recovered from all the cuts he made to education, and we're showing the benefits of that right now in this country. You'd have to be blind not to see it. We've got people up in arms that high school graduates can't read, do basic math or find Russia on a map (except a few can see it from their back porch, apparently), and yet nobody wants to do anything to fix it. We're churning out a nation of dimwits and nobody wants to do anything about that because it's not really cost effective for anybody to care.

We'll see where that gets us in a few generations, I guess.

A few generations? We can already see just how bad it's getting...just as ONE example, look at people's atrocious spelling and grammar these days - I CHALLENGE you to find me someone under the age of 30 that can correctly use a contraction in a sentence...you'll find evidence of Bigfoot faster - it's pathetic.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-07-2011, 04:27 PM
" the pregnant chick had a contraction"

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately, the last 30 years have been more like Reagan and his friends fucking us. :(

Reagan had friends? Even his own son says they never really knew the man and he didn't have anyone close to him besides Nancy. But then most politicians are empty hulls.

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 04:46 PM
A few generations? We can already see just how bad it's getting...just as ONE example, look at people's atrocious spelling and grammar these days - I CHALLENGE you to find me someone under the age of 30 that can correctly use a contraction in a sentence...you'll find evidence of Bigfoot faster - it's pathetic.

Why does it suck? Too many people in the system just want to make money off the system and the parents just want to park their kids in it. Schools have just become a day care center. The schools went downhill when the parenting went downhill. It's the parents who elect the school board members and all they do is appoint overpaid shills to come in and rape the school districts. The students always get the crumbs.

ELVIS
03-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Are you looking around your country and seeing the last 30 years as being awesome for everybody? Are you making the argument that the last 30 years have been great for the economy and nothing's wrong with the employment levels, education system, health care, national defense, and parallels between earned income and cost of living for the middle and lower classes (you know, the people who actually work for a living)?

If that's your argument, then "WHATEVER DUDE!" is an appropriate response, but in the event that you do actually see problems with the aforementioned items (among others), then you need to take a long hard look at who's been running your country for the last 30 years and come up with something a bit better, I'd think.

Part of the problem is idiots like you that think education is up to the federal government to fix and throwing money at the problem will magically help...

The wisconsin union school teachers make well over 100k per year if you factor in benefits, yet wisconsin school kids can't read...

Should the wisconsin taxpayers pay them more ?? Will that make the kids read ??

FORD
03-07-2011, 04:57 PM
So who should fix it? The KKKoch brothers? Or should we just close all the public schools and force every kid into right wing religious indoctrination camps, paid for with public money (like Chuck Norris wants)

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Part of the problem is idiots like you that think education is up to the federal government to fix and throwing money at the problem will magically help...

The wisconsin union school teachers make well over 100k per year if you factor in benefits, yet wisconsin school kids can't read...

We already pay several times what most industrialized nations pay for public education and have little to show for it. We could throw the defense budget at public education and it would do no good. We would just get fancier schools full of all sorts of fancy shit and more higher paid bureaucrats you don't really need to educate anyone. Shit sold by traveling salesmen who give the superintendent a nice fat kick back. The only plus is the educational system kills less people and destroys less stuff.

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 05:10 PM
So who should fix it? The KKKoch brothers? Or should we just close all the public schools and force every kid into right wing religious indoctrination camps, paid for with public money (like Chuck Norris wants)

I think you are going to see more private schools start up because of the nonsense on both sides. I hate to see it because when I was going to school in Hong Kong if your parents couldn't afford school there was no school. All schools were private there and so your lot was decided by what family you were born into. The biggest asset of the US was the public school system and affordable college. That's gone now. We fucked ourselves.

ELVIS
03-07-2011, 05:16 PM
So who should fix it?

The parents, individual communities and state government...

The smartest kids I know are the ones where the parents are directly involved. Some are in private school, some home school and some public...

The public school system in my parish (Lafourche) is good...

:elvis:

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 05:25 PM
The parents, individual communities and state government...

The smartest kids I know are the ones where the parents are directly involved. Some are in private school, some home school and some public...

The public school system in my parish (Lafourche) is good...

:elvis:

Yup. Parenting has a ton to do with education. You just don't toss your kid to the system thinking they can do it all.

FORD
03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah, home schooling..... there's the solution.

Bigoted ignorant fools can teach their kids to be bigoted ignorant fools, with not a single opportunity for them to learn anything else. I had neighbors like that, and naturally, they were members of a cultish church. I moved out of the neighborhood before those kids grew up, so I have no way of knowing how they adjusted to living in the real world, but I'm guessing it wasn't pretty. You would think when their grandfather died in his early 70's of something that would have easily been treatable with antibiotics, that could have been a geniune lesson that they didn't have all the answers (this cult doesn't believe in doctors or any sort of medication).

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
It's ironic that we are having a serious discussion about education on a David Lee Roth site.

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Yeah, home schooling..... there's the solution.

Bigoted ignorant fools can teach their kids to be bigoted ignorant fools, with not a single opportunity for them to learn anything else. I had neighbors like that, and naturally, they were members of a cultish church. I moved out of the neighborhood before those kids grew up, so I have no way of knowing how they adjusted to living in the real world, but I'm guessing it wasn't pretty. You would think when their grandfather died in his early 70's of something that would have easily been treatable with antibiotics, that could have been a geniune lesson that they didn't have all the answers (this cult doesn't believe in doctors or any sort of medication).

All the home schoolers I've seen have the money to bring private tutors in and their kids go off to ivy league schools. All of them religious families but far from being the chicken screwing type you are generalizing them to be.

Seshmeister
03-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Still not healthy.

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
The corruption is complete. All the union bosses care about is the dues from the union members and all the private sector cares about is screwing the employees out of benefits and pay. There are no good guys anymore. They all suck.

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Still not healthy.

So what's your solution? Throw all religious people into a re-education camp and if they don't change work them to death?

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Religious people are always going to be around in fact, they may outlast the non-religious people. In Europe the white race hasn't been reproducing themselves enough and are aging. Muslims on the other hand have lot's of children and they will take over there. Here in the US hispanics are religious and are taking over. Around here I don't see the Mormons going away. They have lot's of kids, work hard, and are organized. Not that I want to join up again but they will outlast anyone else around here and even merge with the hispanic population since many Mormons are fluent in Spanish. The youngest country in the world is Iran. Religion is always going to be around, the question is what religion.

It's a nice dream to think human nature will change and we will form some sort of intellectual utopia based on science but it isn't going to happen.

FORD
03-07-2011, 06:23 PM
If people want to teach their kids stupid shit at home like "the earth is flat" or "gay people are despicable sinners whom God hates" or "blacks are descended from fallen angels who were too lazy to fight Satan", then they can do that in their own homes, I suppose (though it certainly borders on child abuse to do so).

However, the kids should NOT be mandated to live in that stupidity the rest of their lives by being pulled out of school and not allowed access to reality. The only reason idiotic bullshit like racism and homophobia still exist today is because of idiots who teach it to their kids, and its usually disguised as "religion". And these are the very people who are home schooling because, "god damn it, my kids ain't gonna be taught NOT to hate!!!"

Seshmeister
03-07-2011, 06:51 PM
So what's your solution? Throw all religious people into a re-education camp and if they don't change work them to death?

There is no full solution but I would make it very awkward for home schooling people simply by demanding they reach the same academic standards as at school. Someone who is a biologist cannot properly teach chemistry and so on. There has to be specialisation and even the smartest parent cannot teach everything required.

The partial solution is that if children go to schools and are taught properly and religion is not in schools then many will reject fundamentalist religious beliefs in time as they get educated. In a generation or two things will improve.

The thing about the age of the populations is true but for the connected reason that birth rates are inversely proportional to the education levels of the females in any given society. Get the girls into schools and the birth rate goes down.

Nitro Express
03-07-2011, 07:05 PM
One of our neighbors home schools and their kids were getting accepted to some great universities. I was wondering how do they get in without a traditional transcript. It's all the ACT and SAT test scores, so as long as you can score high on those tests you can get into any university. Grades really don't mean anything anymore.

ELVIS
03-07-2011, 07:07 PM
If people want to teach their kids stupid shit at home like "the earth is flat" or "gay people are despicable sinners whom God hates" or "blacks are descended from fallen angels who were too lazy to fight Satan", then they can do that in their own homes, I suppose (though it certainly borders on child abuse to do so).

However, the kids should NOT be mandated to live in that stupidity the rest of their lives by being pulled out of school and not allowed access to reality. The only reason idiotic bullshit like racism and homophobia still exist today is because of idiots who teach it to their kids, and its usually disguised as "religion". And these are the very people who are home schooling because, "god damn it, my kids ain't gonna be taught NOT to hate!!!"

It sure sounds better than possibly turning out with your mentality...

You think big liberal government is the answer to everything and you possess and express vile hatred for anything less...

bueno bob
03-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Taking money AWAY from the problem has certainly been a big help, hasn't it?

Amazing that the kids of my generation seemed to be doing so much better and yet had more money and more resources.

Of course, I could throw up the argument that the access to online information has eased up determinate educational standards and cite you examples, but I'm just an gainfully employed, literate, highly educated idiot...

Show me evidence of that. No, seriously. I haven't seen any public school teacher making over $100,000.00 a year personally, but if there's evidence out there of it, I'll certainly read over it. As long as it's legitimate information. Feel free to share, please.

Should the wisconsin taxpayers pay them more ?? Will that make the kids read??

No, but Scott Walker shouldn't give millions upon millions to mega-conglomerates and then blame the state's shortfalls on public employees, either. One wrong doesn't negate the other. Or so my idiot mind tells me. Maybe you have a different idea?

bueno bob
03-07-2011, 09:20 PM
...just anOTHER gainfully employed, literate, highly educated idiot...

Oooops.... :D

FORD
03-07-2011, 09:42 PM

You think big liberal government is the answer to everything and you possess and express vile hatred for anything less...

No I don't.

I think there are things that should not be for profit industries. These would include:

Education
Health Care
Defense
Energy
Infrastructure - which means not just trains & freeways but also the airwaves and the internet.

Pretty much anything else should be opened up to properly regulated competition.

Matt White
03-07-2011, 09:42 PM
last I checked...the Wisconsin educational system was doing well....

Milwaukee? Not so much...just behind DETROIT (STAND UP DETROIT)....and a couple of other troubled cities....

So....lets see...well funded schools in well funded areas...or rural areas...or ANY area where a kid doesn't have to worry about getting shot in a drive-bye...or if they've got enough food to eat....or if Dad is going to prision....YEAH...thos kids typically don't do as well as kids in areas where parents HAVE JOBS...and homes...and food...and heat...

YEAH...cut those kids off...

Drop Corporate Income tax...its worked so well for OHIO.....

insane...Corporate taxes have practically vanished since the 1950's...So..WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE JOBS?!?!?!?!

Oh yeah...China...you know, those guys who we used to oppose at every turn? Yeah....before a certain portion of our population realised "Hey! Look! Cheap labor!!!"

Nitro Express
03-08-2011, 01:38 AM
Exxon/Mobile and General Electric pay no US taxes but smaller corporations pay some of the highest corporate taxes in the industrialized world in the US. It seems like the richest corporations don't pay taxes and seem to have their guys planted in Washington DC. So we have to be careful about just saying corporations are getting a free ride when some aren't.

the atomic punk
03-08-2011, 08:02 AM
The wisconsin union school teachers make well over 100k per year if you factor in benefits,

Those are Rush Limbaugh numbers. FOX buisness's Eric Bolling called it $89,000 but that's high too. The actual number is around $75,000, which ranks 23rd in the nation for public school teachers. The article contains a link to the actual WI dept. of Ed numbers.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/feb/23/eric-bolling/fox-business-news-eric-bolling-says-wisconsin-teac/

BigBadBrian
03-08-2011, 08:04 AM
$75,000 is stilll too high. The fucks don't even want to contribute to their own healthcare or pension costs.

the atomic punk
03-08-2011, 08:15 AM
yet wisconsin school kids can't read...

You are quoting Drudge now. While it's true that 2/3 of WI 8th graders can't read "proficiently" (meaning at or above grade level, not that they "can't read"), that is sadly above the national average.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102220030

the atomic punk
03-08-2011, 08:18 AM
$75,000 is stilll too high. The fucks don't even want to contribute to their own healthcare or pension costs.

Not true. They already contributed to both and agreed to contribute more. The current impasse is over collective bargining rights. You really think you can find quality school teachers at less than $75,000 a year? Where? Jiffy Lube? There is already a shortage of qualified teachers.

the atomic punk
03-08-2011, 08:22 AM

The teachers aren't asking for more money.

BigBadBrian
03-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Not true. They already contributed to both and agreed to contribute more. The current impasse is over collective bargining rights. You really think you can find quality school teachers at less than $75,000 a year? Where? Jiffy Lube? There is already a shortage of qualified teachers.

Not in my area. Maybe a shortage in the inner cities...who'd want to go there? And yes, good teachers can be had for less than $75,000. A lot of university lectures and professors make less than that.

the atomic punk
03-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Not in my area. Maybe a shortage in the inner cities...who'd want to go there? And yes, good teachers can be had for less than $75,000. A lot of university lectures and professors make less than that.

A lot of public school teachers make less than that too, $75,000 is the average.

According to the the Bureau of Labor Statistics, as quoted from the American Association of University Professors 2008-09 survey, the average salary for professors was $108,749; associate professors earned $76,147; assistant professors earned $63,827; instructors earned $45,977; and lecturers earned $52,436. That's without benifts and that is for dealing with college age students who presumably want to be there.

I always find it funny that none of the people who think teachers are getting such a great deal ever go into teaching. I wouldn't deal with a bunch of snotty nosed brats every day for twice what they are making.

bueno bob
03-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Honestly, to my mind, it's not the teachers that need more money. I find it amusing that people just go ahead and assume that a teachers individual paycheck is what I'm talking about when I talk about refinancing the education system. I think it's pretty apparent, though, that the overall education system in the U.S. is falling behind because the school systems are not funded properly (with one kid in middle school, one kid in high school and another going to college in August, I've felt the brunt of that and seen it first hand), classes are overcrowded and there is a significant shortage of qualified teachers to handle the workload.

Still, it's important to remember that it's not just teachers we're talking about in Wisconsin, we're talking overall union busting here...the people being impacted are not just teachers and it's not just an argument for what will or won't fix education...

jhale667
03-08-2011, 12:24 PM

Here's a question: Wouldn't that somehow violate separation of church and state, if those parents are using state money fund pushing that tripe on their poor kids?? I mean, my parents didn't get breaks for sending me to private schools, they busted their asses to afford it...(and while I DID end up better off in the scholastic sense than the other kids in my neighborhood, I still renounced the religious BS as soon as I was old enough to think for myself)

NEWSFLASH: Yeah...you've got no room to criticize ANYONE's "mentality" fuckwit.

Seshmeister
03-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Looks like the governor is going to lose.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/wisconsin/wisconsin_governor_walker_43_approval_rating

It’s also interesting to note that among households with children in the public school system, only 32% approve of the governor’s performance. Sixty-seven percent (67%) disapprove, including 54% who Strongly Disapprove.

This may be partly due to the fact that 77% of Wisconsin voters have a favorable opinion of the state’s public school teachers. However, only 50% have a favorable opinion of the teachers’ union.

Seshmeister
03-08-2011, 12:36 PM
You are quoting Drudge now. While it's true that 2/3 of WI 8th graders can't read "proficiently" (meaning at or above grade level, not that they "can't read"), that is sadly above the national average.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102220030

http://i.imgur.com/yYd5l.jpg

bueno bob
03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Looks like the governor is going to lose.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/wisconsin/wisconsin_governor_walker_43_approval_rating

Yep...you can ball-bust and beat your chest and spread lies, misinformation and wholesale bullshit to mental midgets all day long, but at the end of the day, SANE people know what's right and what's wrong and can, in fact, draw a clear line between the two.

Nice to see we're still the majority.

ELVIS
03-08-2011, 05:12 PM
NEWSFLASH: Yeah...you've got no room to criticize ANYONE's "mentality" fuckwit.

I've got room to criticize ANYONE's "mentality" I want, coward...

bueno bob
03-08-2011, 09:25 PM

How very Christ-like of you.

FORD
03-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Verily.....

Seshmeister
03-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Some teachers are doing a decent job...

<object width="464" height="376" id="2010668" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" alt="EMBED-Head-Banging School Band Plays Rage Against The Machine free videos"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MjAxMDY2OA=="></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MjAxMDY2OA==" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess=always width="464" height="376"></embed></object><br><font size=1><a href="http://www.break.com/index/head-banging-school-band-plays-rage-against-the-machine-2010668" target="_blank">EMBED-Head-Banging School Band Plays Rage Against The Machine</a> - Watch more <a href="http://www.break.com" target="_blank">free videos</a></font>

Dr. Love
03-09-2011, 11:34 AM

lol?

$75,000 (pay + benefits) per year is considered too much? Do you know how much teachers work? Have you ever considered how much it would cost someone to babysit 200+ children a day, much less teach them anything? Let me put it this way -- would you be willing to put up with a bunch of hormonal children, their upset parents and all the hours you have to spend writing lesson plans, grading papers, doing conferences and sponsoring extracurricular activities for only $75k a year (certainly less in actual pay)?

My wife is a teacher, and the desire to make a difference in the lives of kids drives her to keep going more than the pay or benefits, which is sad. She would make a LOT more money in the professional field when total compensation is factored.

chefcraig
03-09-2011, 12:07 PM
lol?

$75,000 (pay + benefits) per year is considered too much? Do you know how much teachers work? Have you ever considered how much it would cost someone to babysit 200+ children a day, much less teach them anything? Let me put it this way -- would you be willing to put up with a bunch of hormonal children, their upset parents and all the hours you have to spend writing lesson plans, grading papers, doing conferences and sponsoring extracurricular activities for only $75k a year (certainly less in actual pay)?

My wife is a teacher, and the desire to make a difference in the lives of kids drives her to keep going more than the pay or benefits, which is sad. She would make a LOT more money in the professional field when total compensation is factored.

Also, there is a laundry list of intangibles that are never even mentioned in the job description, which are unjustly taken for granted and glossed over by anyone outside the profession. For instance, what of individual counseling, the sympathetic ear lent not for pay but by compassion which self obsessed, asshole parents or siblings fail to provide? What of role modeling, of trying to make a difference when the pay scale and odds are against you, set by the absurd amount of children that are crammed into your classroom? For teachers dealing with "students" above kindergarten, what of threats of violence or assault brought on by simply doing your fucking job everyday? What of work taken home, as there simply are not enough hours in the workday to complete it? The fact is, these people put in around seventy hours per week at their job, and wind up being payed less than minimum wage for their efforts, without the benefit of overtime pay and with little (if any) compensation beyond that.

In an ideal world, teachers would be paid like rock stars. Yet in this one, instead we have self-important dimwits like Charlie Sheen thumbing his nose at his employers, (who idiotically pay the shithead 2 million dollars per episode for his "skills") and getting fired, all the while claiming it as a victory. In the same amount of time his apparently important show has been on the air, it's likely that hundreds of thousands of people who would have made a difference in how our kids were raised (and ultimately how this nation will eventually be) have made the decision to either leave the teaching profession or have chosen not to enter it in the first place. Compound that with slashed budgets by governments or municipalities along with ass-backward thinking and expectations by those who just happen NOT to be educators, is it any wonder why this country appears to headed towards (if not already in) the shitter?

jhale667
03-09-2011, 12:32 PM

No, you don't - you pathetic little "man". You live in a partially-submerged glass trailer. STFU.

How very Christ-like of you.

Verily.....

He went to Bible school to learn to be more judgmental, apparently... :hee:

sadaist
03-09-2011, 10:44 PM
lol?

$75,000 (pay + benefits) per year is considered too much?

ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY!

Considering that the majority of the people who are funding that $75k per year job are themselves only pulling in $40k on average. And pay much more in health & benefits coverages. Not to mention funding their own retirements. Oh, and the fact that it's nearly impossible to lose their jobs and they get a fuckload of days off (holidays, vacation, sick days, pto, flex). Oh, and their shit services they provide (been to the DMV?). At least they only have to provide those services from 9-4 (closed from 12-1 for lunch of course).

FUCK THEM ALL! Greedy bastards.

:fufu:

Dr. Love
03-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Fuck all those greedy bastards, huh. I assume by that you are referring to the ones that offered to take reduced pay to help mitigate the budget problems but were told that wasn't enough?

That sure does sound greedy!

bueno bob
03-10-2011, 01:31 AM
FUCK THEM ALL! Greedy bastards.

:fufu:

But those trillionaire CEO's, man, they WORKED for their money - why should THEY have to pay somebody elses way? That's SOCIALIST!

RIGHT?

sadaist
03-10-2011, 03:22 AM
But those trillionaire CEO's, man, they WORKED for their money - why should THEY have to pay somebody elses way? That's SOCIALIST!

RIGHT?

A trillionaire CEO of a government worker? The CEO is Obama, and last I heard he was only a millionaire.