PDA

View Full Version : What Would Jesus Cut?

FORD
03-01-2011, 05:25 PM
http://www.sojo.net/Images/Special/110228_politico_ad.png

jhale667
03-01-2011, 06:09 PM
The more pertinent question is "What would REPUBLICAN Jesus cut?"... :hee:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/?page_id=458

http://addictinginfo.org/new/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/09.png

hambon4lif
03-01-2011, 06:18 PM
"What would REPUBLICAN Jesus cut?"Sarah Palins vocal chords.

lesfunk
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Who cares what Jesus would do since there's no real evidence that he ever did anything. I get the idea though.
It's funny that most of the so called "moral and religious folks" that do all the drum beating in favor of the fundamentalist faction would probably be the first ones to stone Jesus should he ever actually show up and start running his mouth again.

kwame k
03-01-2011, 06:28 PM
More importantly.....What Would Dude Do????????

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/Thedude.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
doobie, doobie doo

kwame k
03-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Scooby Doo?????

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/what-would-scooby-do3.jpg

ELVIS
03-01-2011, 07:37 PM
This is stupid...

kwame k
03-01-2011, 08:05 PM
You're right, E.....

Back on topic...........I find this to be an outrage, nay, a travesty not allowing The Lord's bud to be sold in His Holy Temple, during this most Holy Time of Year.

Please join me in protesting this injustice, thank you and may Shiva's bud be always killer, amen.

Nepal sadhus banned from selling cannabis at temple

Thousands of sadhus - or holy men - have been banned from selling cannabis to festival-goers at an ancient temple in Nepal.

They are gathering at Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu to celebrate the Hindu festival of Shivaratri.

Sadhus - Hindus who renounce the world around them - traditionally celebrate Shivaratri by smoking cannabis.

But those found selling drugs at the temple this year will face eviction by armed police, temple officials say.

Since last week police have been mingling with the sadhus in plain clothes to identify anyone selling drugs.

About 20 sadhus have already been arrested and have been moved to an area outside the city, officials say.

'Spoilt'

The Hindu god Shiva is said to have enjoyed smoking cannabis.

Because of that sadhus - who mostly live in forests, caves and temples - see their use of the drug as receiving a blessing from him.

Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12610597)

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
This is stupid...

How so, Gregory?

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 09:33 PM
March 1, 2011

Jim Wallis
Christian leader for social change
Posted: February 10, 2011 03:45 PM

What Would Jesus Cut?

House Republicans announced a plan yesterday to cut $43 billion in domestic spending and international aid, while increasing spending for military and defense by another $8 billion. This proposal comes just months after billions of dollars were added to the deficit with an extension of tax cuts to the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans. House Republicans focused in on only 12 percent of federal spending, and targeted things like education, the environment, food safety, law enforcement, infrastructure, and transportation -- programs that benefit or protect most Americans. They also proposed cutting funding for programs that benefit the most vulnerable members of our society, such as nutrition programs for our poorest women and children. We don't yet know all the cuts Republicans are targeting in their proposals, but it's good to finally know what their priorities are.

Under the proposed budget cuts, deficit reduction will not come from the super-rich; it will come from the rest of us. And the poorer you are, the more vulnerable you become, and the more you will pay for the burdens of deficit reduction. For example, Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), a program that helps provide food to hungry mothers and their children faces a $758 million cut. Also, the proposed budget cuts $544 million in international food aid grants for organizations such as World Vision. AmeriCorps, a program that provides public service opportunities for our young adults, would be eliminated entirely. But our military and defense budget, which sends our young adults off to kill and be killed, would receive an $8 billion increase.

It used to be very popular for Christians to ask, "What Would Jesus Do?" They even wore bracelets with the initials "WWJD." The bracelets acted as reminders that as Christians, our actions should always reflect the values and example we see in the life of Jesus. Already, in a first wave of response to the proposed cuts, thousands of Christians told their members of Congress that they need to ask themselves, "What Would Jesus Cut?" They believe, and so do I, that the moral test of any society is how it treats its poorest and most vulnerable citizens. And that is exactly what the Bible says, over and over again.

I believe that vaccines that save children's lives; bed nets that protect them from malaria; and food that keeps their families from starving are more important to Jesus than tax cuts for the rich; bigger subsidies for corporations; and more weapons in a world already filled with conflict. I also believe that tested and effective domestic programs that clearly help to lift people out of poverty are more reflective of the compassion of Christ than tax and spending policies that make the super-rich even richer. And I don't believe, as the Republicans keep saying, that the best way to help everybody is to keep helping the super-rich. That's not smart economics and, as we say in the evangelical community, it's not biblical. So many of us in the faith community are ready to make a moral argument against the proposed budget cuts to our members of Congress, especially to those who claim to be people of faith.

Organizations like Bread for the World and Catholic Charities advocate for critical nutrition programs that keep hunger at bay for millions of American families. Groups such as Habitat for Humanity, the Salvation Army, and the Christian Community Development Association deliver crucial health and human services around the country that hold neighborhoods and cities together. Government aid to programs like these is money very well spent, and many would have to shut their doors without it. Government funding is critical to the work that faith-based organizations like World Vision and Catholic Relief Services do around the world to bring millions of children and families out of poverty, and public-private partnerships pioneered by foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that are saving millions of lives.

In Great Britain, Prime Minister Cameron made the choice to delay a costly nuclear submarine program while also increasing funding for international aid. We can do the same. Look to leaders in the faith community to say that the choice to protect the rich instead of the poor in deficit reduction is an immoral one. Taking the cutting knife to programs that benefit low-income people, while refusing to scrutinize the much larger blank checks we keep giving to defense contractors and corporate executives, is hypocritical and cruel. I'll go even further and say that such a twisted moral calculus for the nation's fiscal policy is simply not fair, and not right. It is not only bad economics, but also bad religion. The priorities we are now seeing are not consistent with Christian, Jewish, or Muslim values. And if the super-rich and their representatives in Congress persist in this fight against the poor, they will be picking a fight with all of us.

Jim Wallis is the author of Rediscovering Values: A Guide for Economic and Moral Recovery and CEO of Sojourners. He blogs at www.godspolitics.com. Follow Jim on Twitter @JimWallis.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-wallis/what-would-jesus-cut_b_821555.html

Well said, James. My little brother would be honored that ye are named after him

ELVIS
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
The real Jesus wouldn't let the liberals get out of control with ridiculous spending and funding of ridiculous social programs that coerce people out of their money!!!

:mad2:

jhale667
03-01-2011, 09:40 PM
The real Jesus wouldn't let the liberals get out of control with ridiculous spending and funding of ridiculous social programs that coerce people out of their money!!!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThBss5oTaS8Rtkhf_ma20luXdVO_3GB dICUulC5RSCX4NK1BhCj75hSGl6ZA

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Gregory, who hath been in charge of thy country for the majority of the last 30 years?

Verily I say unto you that it was not the ones ye call "Liberals" but rather the right wing Pharisees who preacheth My name in the streets while blasphemously spitting all over My teachings.

Seshmeister
03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
This thread just illustrates what a pointless superstition it is.

Good people who are Christians stay good, greedy selfish people stay greedy and selfish and hateful people even use it to justify their hate.

What would Jesus do?

It seems likely he would do what he has done for 2000 years.

Zip zero zilch nada and nothing.

ELVIS
03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Oh bullshit, FORD!!!

ashstralia
03-01-2011, 09:47 PM
hey jesus, is the past tense of 'smite' 'smited' or 'smote'? :biggrin:

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 09:55 PM
This thread just illustrates what a pointless superstition it is.

Good people who are Christians stay good, greedy selfish people stay greedy and selfish and hateful people even use it to justify their hate.

What would Jesus do?

It seems likely he would do what he has done for 2000 years.

Zip zero zilch nada and nothing.

Ouch!

Now Sesh, ye know that Dad & I have to let you mortals have free will, which means we have to take the "prime directive" approach (as defined on thy Star Trek TV series) and not do a lot of direct Divine Interventions.

Sadly, We had hoped that more of you would take the initiative yourselves. :(

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 09:58 PM
hey jesus, is the past tense of 'smite' 'smited' or 'smote'? :biggrin:

Hey, don't look at Me, I'm responsible for the Gospels, not the dictionaries! :jesuslol:

Nitro Express
03-01-2011, 10:08 PM
What would Jesus cut? The war budget would be the first to go.

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 10:12 PM
What would Jesus cut? The war budget would be the first to go.

Verily. Followed by the tax "cuts" for those who should be searching for some very talented camels, if ye get My meaning. :jesuslol:

ELVIS
03-01-2011, 10:23 PM
You're neither Jesus or a comedian...

Blaze
03-01-2011, 10:23 PM
some very talented camels :puzzled: What do you mean, JC? Talented how? Like the Tijuana donkeys? Or S&R dogs? Or The Lipizzaner Stallions?

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 10:28 PM
I was referring to the camels who will have to walk through the eye of a needle before a rich man can enter the Kingdom of Heaven. :jesuslol:

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 10:29 PM
You're neither Jesus or a comedian...

Dad and I created you mortals with a sense of humour. What happened to yours, Gregory?

Blaze
03-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I was referring to the camels who will have to walk through the eye of a needle before a rich man can enter the Kingdom of Heaven. :jesuslol:

Ohhhh! I am glad you explianed, my mind has not been too austere ( or pious for that matter ) lately. ;)

Only thing I could imagine was a camel doing a blow job and that was not computing so well (ouch!)

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
The Son of Man would never endorse sexual relations with animals of any kind! :headlights:

knuckleboner
03-01-2011, 10:51 PM

seriously? you take the old testament lines about homosexuality as gospel, but you ignore Jesus' talking about giving up your possessions to help the poor?

ashstralia
03-01-2011, 10:51 PM
:popc1: this is getting entertaining..

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 10:55 PM
You're right, E.....

Back on topic...........I find this to be an outrage, nay, a travesty not allowing The Lord's bud to be sold in His Holy Temple, during this most Holy Time of Year.

Please join me in protesting this injustice, thank you and may Shiva's bud be always killer, amen.

Nepal sadhus banned from selling cannabis at temple

Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12610597)

Well, I cannot speak for Shiva, but I do speak for Me and Dad, and We created the stuff, so there ye go. :jesuslol:

Blaze
03-01-2011, 10:56 PM
:umm:
Wouldn't God becoming a man.... oh never mind...
Like I said, it was not computing. :biggrin:

kwame k
03-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Well, I cannot speak for Shiva, but I do speak for Me and Dad, and We created the stuff, so there ye go. :jesuslol:

Thanks be to God!

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 11:12 PM
http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/files/2007/05/jesus.jpg

Thou art welcome.

ashstralia
03-01-2011, 11:32 PM
just curious, lots of wine references in the good book, any ganja refs?

ELVIS
03-01-2011, 11:32 PM
seriously? you take the old testament lines about homosexuality as gospel, but you ignore Jesus' talking about giving up your possessions to help the poor?

Charity has to start in the heart, not some bloated social program...

I give my time to people...

I have been directly involved cooking and handing out food to the homeless in New Orleans...

I have been directly involved in renovating housing for low income people...

I have cut and cleaned many yards and done repair and maintenance on senior citizens homes who need help or can't perform the work themselves...

I have given money to causes that I myself see fit to donate to...

I don't need or want the government to make my decisions for me...

You people who think government knows better or actually gives a shit about the people it is "helping" need to wake up and start to take some personal responsibility when it comes to "helping" people, especially the poor...

AND DON'T TELL ME WHAT I'M NOT DOING!

:elvis: