PDA

View Full Version : Worst albums in rock history?

Pages : [1] 2

Unchainme
03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
think I have a pretty decent list going:

Chocalate Starfish and Hot Dog flavored Water- Limp Bizkit
4- Foriegner
Kilroy Was Here-Styx
OU812- Van Halen
Too Cold-Vanilla Ice
Ten Thousand Fists-Disturbed
Mezmerize-System of a Down
Minutes to Midnight-Linkin Park
Van Halen 3-Van Halen
Everybody's Crazy-Michael Bolton

Disturbed and System of a Down are the worst hunk of shit bands to ever release an album, shit lyrics mixed in with shit guitar playing

Van Halen 3 and OU812 I thought were no brainers. "How many say I" is so amazingly awful, I would venture to say it's one of the most hilarious tracks ever made, next o "Up for Breakfast" BTW, speaking of which does anyone have the video that big fat sammy made set to that song?

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Sadly, I must admit this one was pretty bad, even though it was dedicated to Me :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSHLSDBaZMI

chefcraig
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/Chiprocks1/CD%20and%20Album%20Covers/KISS/KissTheElder.jpg :barf:

Kristy
03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Pink Floyd - Animals
The Who - It's Hard (no, it sucks)
David Bowie - Tonight
Stone Temple Pilots - Number 4
Eric Clapton - Backless
Yes - Big Generator
The Church - Gold Afternoon Fix
Heart - Bebe La Strange
Ted Nugent - Little Miss Dangerous
Sting - Nothing Like The Son

Jesus Christ
03-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Pink Floyd - Animals

Surely ye cannot be serious??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCM-dDQSM8g

ashstralia
03-01-2011, 11:28 PM
well it's all objective anyway.... it's well known that i think 'animals' is the best floyd album. and everyone hates 'the elder' but for me it was the 'leaving school and coming of age' soundtrack. so it'll always have that special vibe for me. 'under the rose' fricking rocks:baaa:

Kristy
03-01-2011, 11:41 PM
well it's all objective anyway.... it's well known that i think 'animals' is the best floyd album.

Pink Floyd is sleepy time music.

ashstralia
03-01-2011, 11:47 PM

ok, but that particular album just does it for me. still sounds amazing for 1975.

Unchainme
03-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Wasn't Rikk really high on number 4 from stp if I can recall correctly?

Unchainme
03-02-2011, 12:21 AM
...I actually like "Big Generator" and some of the more cheesey songs off the Yes albums of the late 80's

My mom was big into them and used to play them a lot, along with the "Alan Parson Project" when she was growing up, in fact, there's a vinyl I have of hers by them "I Robot". which I have yet to check out.

So, yeah, there's going to be some memories tied into that era of YES. Still better than say, "Disturbed" or any of those I just listed.

Nitro Express
03-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Van Halen III

Mr Badguy
03-02-2011, 12:48 AM
...I actually like "Big Generator" and some of the more cheesey songs off the Yes albums of the late 80's

My mom was big into them and used to play them a lot, along with the "Alan Parson Project" when she was growing up, in fact, there's a vinyl I have of hers by them "I Robot". which I have yet to check out.

So, yeah, there's going to be some memories tied into that era of YES. Still better than say, "Disturbed" or any of those I just listed.

"Big Generator" is actually a pretty good album.

It gets panned because it came after the monster smash "90125", which was phenomenally brilliant.

And Pink Floyd's "Animals" being mentioned in a thread with this title is just retarded.

Mr Badguy
03-02-2011, 12:50 AM
I understand why Kiss "(Music from) The Elder" polarizes opinion, but I like it.

binnie
03-02-2011, 03:30 AM

Don't understand that choice. 'Down', 'Atanta', 'Sour Girl'..........

If you're looking for a clunker by STP, surely 'Tiny Music' is a better choice?

ThatArtGuy
03-02-2011, 03:50 AM
STP doesn't have any clunkers.

ashstralia
03-02-2011, 04:05 AM
'Sour Girl'........

what a fucking brilliant song. and the video. awesome.

Dave's Bitch
03-02-2011, 04:09 AM
I dug the elder,I also kinda dug limp bizkit....

binnie
03-02-2011, 06:48 AM
The Scorpions - Eye II Eye is the first that comes to mind.....

Motley Crue - Motley Crue isn't far behind.

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Pink Floyd - Animals
The Who - It's Hard (no, it sucks)
David Bowie - Tonight
Eric Clapton - Backless
Yes - Big Generator
The Church - Gold Afternoon Fix
Heart - Bebe La Strange
Ted Nugent - Little Miss Dangerous
Sting - Nothing Like The Son

There should be a distinction between "sucks" and "epically sucks". Sucks would be used almost casually, as the listener is pretty much indifferent to the noise coming out of the speakers. Epically sucks would mean the listener at one time was emotionally invested in the artist, and simply can not believe the amount of dreck that is assaulting his/her ears.

Kristy is absolutely correct, these albums blow chunks all over the dashboard. And even though some folks have pointed out that Animals is a good album, I must admit that I have never heard it sober. In any event, it was a major let down after Wish You Were Here. Cool album cover, though.

Mr Walker
03-02-2011, 08:34 AM
This was so easy... 'Angel Down - Sebastian Bach'

hideyoursheep
03-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Sorry, George...

Dark Horse was bad..

VAiN
03-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Off of the top of my head, in no particular order... I don't know albums but here's my basic hate list:

1. Creed
2. Korn
3. Disturbed
4. Linkin Park
5. Limp Bizkit
6. Nickleback
7. Rob Thomas/Santana
8. Van Hagar
9. Radiohead
10. Anything Nu-Metal

hideyoursheep
03-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Just throw in everything Poison did and I'll walk away.

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Sorry, George...

Dark Horse was bad..

Jesus Christ, I'd forgotten about that album. It wasn't just bad, it was ghastly and insulting to anyone that paid hard earned cash for it. At least when I bought Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music, I felt I owned something of value.

binnie
03-02-2011, 09:37 AM
This was so easy... 'Angel Down - Sebastian Bach'

What didn't you like about it? I thought it was pretty decent....

Kristy
03-02-2011, 01:36 PM
And Pink Floyd's "Animals" being mentioned in a thread with this title is just retarded.

Whatever, dude. Pink Floyd's music is like going to a funeral. Shit solid boring prog rock. And Water's lyrics are what's retarded blah blah blah bad politicians blah bah blah my dead father blah blah blah no one knows how rough it is to be a millionaire rock star with a downtown Manhattan apartment blah blah blah.

There are millions of horrible rock albums The ones I choose were due to bad production, ego tripping, being over paid and/or over-bloated thinking you can put out anything for gullible fans, past their prime, no ideas and just plain stupid (i.e., Ted Nugent).

Throw in The Clash's Combat Rock or The Cult's Sonic Temple if any criticism of Pink Floyd upsets you so much. Geesh!

Kristy
03-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Off of the top of my head, in no particular order... I don't know albums but here's my basic hate list:

9. Radioheadl

Radiohead, talk about being bloated.

Typical Radiohead day...

Thom Yorke: "I think we should put out another album..."

Jonny Greenwood: "Brilliant idea but what to record?"

Thom Yorke: "How about a bunch of superfluous synth with a lot of unnecessary guitar overdubs low in the mix and me singing GAHHHHHHHH GAHHHHHHH GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?"

Typical Radiohead fan:

"Brilliant! These guys are absolutely brilliant!"

FORD
03-02-2011, 01:48 PM
http://www.musicnear.com/images/Gimme-Some-Neck-B0012GN2L0-L.jpg

OK, maybe calling this one of the worst albums in history is a bit of an exaggeration, but it's a huge letdown after Woody's first two solo albums, which were recorded in that mid 70's era when he still had one foot in the Faces and the other in the Stones. Both of those were great records. Gimme Some Neck has abominable sound (both the production AND Ronnie's singing) and the songs themselves just aren't as good as the earlier records, with maybe a couple exceptions, like "Buried Alive"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FWbut9rVY0

"Slide on This" was a great comeback for him though. It was a worthy companion to his first two.

Kristy
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Kristy is absolutely correct, these albums blow chunks all over the dashboard. And even though some folks have pointed out that Animals is a good album, I must admit that I have never heard it sober. In any event, it was a major let down after Wish You Were Here. Cool album cover, though.

Okay, I'll admit on record that 'Wish You Were Here' as the song alone as some character to it. Probably the best thing they ever recorded. But listening to those early Pink Floyd recordings is like being injected with a paralytic barbiturate and 'Animals' with its 11-plus minute of George Orwell Animal Farm parallels and pseudo-political rhetoric just innervates and bores. I'll also go on recorded saying how much I liked the first Gilmour solo album but really, 'The Wall'? I could never take slight interest in hearing about how rough it is to be a millionaire rock star. I'm glad that for the most part prog rock is dead and Pink Floyd is the main reason why.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Okay, I'll admit on record that 'Wish You Were Here' as the song alone as some character to it.

"a smile from a 'vail' " makes me shed a tear every time.....rip Lance Vail. :(

Kristy
03-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Don't understand that choice. 'Down', 'Atanta', 'Sour Girl'..........

If you're looking for a clunker by STP, surely 'Tiny Music' is a better choice?

By that time Scott Whathisface had destroyed his own band through stupid drug addiction. He took something good and laid it to waste and really, STP never fully recovered from it.

lesfunk
03-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Frankie Goes to Hollywood- "Welcome to the pleasure dome"

FORD
03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Throw in The Clash's Combat Rock or The Cult's Sonic Temple if any criticism of Pink Floyd upsets you so much. Geesh!

There's only one "Clash" album which truly belongs on this list.....

http://i40.tinypic.com/acub6o.jpg

...and that's because it wasn't really a Clash album at all. Even calling it a Joe Strummer solo project would be a stretch, because their idiot manager Bernie Rhodes had more input in the songwriting than Strummer did.

Without Mick Jones & Topper Headon they really should have called it a day, which even Joe himself admitted not long after this horrid turd was released. He said he would on consider two songs on the record worthy of saving at all: "This Is England" (which was the advance single) and "North and South". That was my own impression of the record, even before I heard Joe say it.

hambon4lif
03-02-2011, 03:36 PM
We haven't yet reached the point in this thread where someone brings up "Load" "Re-Load", or "St. Anger".

....give it time. Somebody will do it.

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
We haven't yet reached the point in this thread where someone brings up "Load" "Re-Load", or "St. Anger".

....give it time. Somebody will do it.

Essentially, you just did. :biggrin:

hambon4lif
03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Essentially, you just did. :biggrin:LOL! I guess I did. But I hoping someone would bring it up first.

These kinds of threads are generally a bad idea all the way around.

For instance, I could throw Motley Crues "Theatre Of Pain" into the fire, and someone will come along and defend it saying that the album re-invented Rock'N'Roll and changed their lives or whatever. It's happened to a few other bands and albums in this thread already.

Fans of Ozzys "Black Rain" cannot be reasoned with....

indeedido
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
KISS - Sonic Boom
VH III
Anything from Aerosmith in the last twenty years

Kristy
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
VHIII and the Sammy Hagar The Horrible years are too easy of a target.

I never listened to much of Metallica for reason of just wanting to punch their drummer in the face.

VAiN
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Radiohead, talk about being bloated.

Typical Radiohead day...

Thom Yorke: "I think we should put out another album..."

Jonny Greenwood: "Brilliant idea but what to record?"

Thom Yorke: "How about a bunch of superfluous synth with a lot of unnecessary guitar overdubs low in the mix and me singing GAHHHHHHHH GAHHHHHHH GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?"

Typical Radiohead fan:

"Brilliant! These guys are absolutely brilliant!"

Seriously... I just downloaded the new album to reinforce just how much I really do hate them. And their music is just how you describe it... just terrible garbage, but they get praise... I don't get it.

Kristy
03-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Radiohead has been pretentious overkill since OK Computer making what the call "ambient music" Ambient for whom? Corn growing in a field?

FORD
03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Radiohead never did a damn thing for me. Honestly, the only song of theirs I could even think of, off the top of my head, would be that blatant Nirvana ripoff "Creep" which was (I believe) their first single. And probably only US hit to date.

chefcraig
03-02-2011, 07:49 PM
The Bends was a good album, but all of the "mood music" (and the unfounded Pink Floyd comparisons) that followed was unlistenable garbage. Brian Eno has been making superior and far more accessible music in this vein for several decades, so why waste time with Radiohead?

Kristy
03-02-2011, 07:55 PM
'Creep' was a good tune with all that guitar "KRUUUUUUUUNK!" but did they fall fast asleep on the switch ever since.

hambon4lif
03-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Radiohead is a bunch of whiney crybaby bullshit.

While we're at it, could someone explain the appeal of Coldplay? I don't understand any of that either.

You could put their entire catalog on this list.

FORD
03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Even Gwynneth Paltrow won't admit to being a Coldplay fan, and she's married to the son of a bitch. :biggrin:

Simple Minds were far more entertaining, as far as U2 wannabe bands go.

Steve Savicki
03-02-2011, 09:29 PM
David Lee Roth "Crazy From The Heat".
Who needs a straight cover album?
Has as much meaning as Guns 'N Roses "Spaghetti Incident".

Unchainme
03-02-2011, 09:40 PM

HEY STEVE, YOU'RE ON A FUCKING ROTH SITE.

STFU you fucking paedo-cunt.

Unchainme
03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
In regards to CFTH, I can appreciate it.

I thought it really showed how unique Dave showed us a side of him that wasn't as a lead singer of a Hard Rock band, and did some standards from the American Songbook.

I don't consider it a rock record, more of a pop record. It's a fun, short little LP, intended for such purposes.

sadaist
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
I love that album. California Girls is the epitome of a David Lee Roth song. the video was stellar. And Gigolo is totally fun to sing along to when drunk & at a backyard BBQ. Everyone attempts and fails the hominbetanashamanahominabetanashamina-BOP!

Terry
03-02-2011, 10:05 PM
HEY STEVE, YOU'RE ON A FUCKING ROTH SITE.

STFU you fucking paedo-cunt.

Wow.

Bitch slapped back into his hidey-hole in just over ten minutes.

Nice one, Unchainme:baaa:

Unchainme
03-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I love that album. California Girls is the epitome of a David Lee Roth song. the video was stellar. And Gigolo is totally fun to sing along to when drunk & at a backyard BBQ. Everyone attempts and fails the hominbetanashamanahominabetanashamina-BOP!

Videos were classic. To quote Beavis and Butthead "I love this guy because he always puts chicks with big thingies in his videos".

You have to appreciate it for what it is, It ain't Fair Warning, but it's a fun record.

Mr Badguy
03-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Whatever, dude. Pink Floyd's music is like going to a funeral. Shit solid boring prog rock. And Water's lyrics are what's retarded blah blah blah bad politicians blah bah blah my dead father blah blah blah no one knows how rough it is to be a millionaire rock star with a downtown Manhattan apartment blah blah blah.

So you make a list of albums that you don't like and decide they're the "Worst albums in rock history"?

That doesn't work for me, especially in the case of "Animals", which has sold umpteen million copies and regularly makes it into the BEST rock albums of all time lists.

If this forum was all about people pissing on stuff they don't like, we'd be here all day.

BTW, the lyrics you seem to be talking about sound more like "Wish you were here" or "The final cut" albums.

:D

CROWBAR
03-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Never Mind The Bollocks by the Sex Pistols. Total garbage and they were hack musicians who could barely play their instruments. Pure noise....

....like two cats fucking outside your bedroom window at 4:00 a.m.

Could never see the attraction to them whatsoever

chefcraig
03-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Never Mind The Bollocks by the Sex Pistols. Total garbage and they were hack musicians who could barely play their instruments. Pure noise....

Could never see the attraction to them whatsoever

This just goes to show how subjective musical tastes truly are. I can see the merit in what you are saying, but for me, this album worked for the exact same reasons you disliked it. I felt at the time (and still do) that the rawness of the overall sound and playing translated into sheer power, and knocked all of my Kansas albums off the shelf. From there, there wasn't any turning back, as "Never Mind The Bollocks..." served as a gateway band, introducing me to a world far to the left (or right, depending upon how you see things) of the corporate rock I'd allowed myself to be force-fed by radio and print. Suddenly, everything else sounded boring or quaint by comparison, and I started seeking out independent record shops to find more of the noise. Of course, I didn't get an odd haircut or throw out my Skynyrd concert t-shirts. After all, this was Florida in the seventies, and I certainly didn't want to get my ass kicked.

sadaist
03-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Videos were classic. To quote Beavis and Butthead "I love this guy because he always puts chicks with big thingies in his videos".

You have to appreciate it for what it is, It ain't Fair Warning, but it's a fun record.

Exactly. It's a joke album. It was not meant to be serious. Dave has always been a ham. And this album is just him hamming it up on a few tunes and sharing some laughs. Anyone who thinks it sucks is taking it way too serious. I viewed it in the same light as when the band did Happy Trails or Big Bad Bill. Just some guys fucking around and having fun. They just happened to record it & share with us.

chefcraig
03-03-2011, 09:39 AM

Uh-huh. And just what sort of deep "meaning" is to be found in the WIG OUT AND JIVE! image in your sig or avatar, Steve? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

Both albums are nothing more than goofs, and were not meant to be taken all that seriously. But if you actually take some effort and listen to what is going on with Roth's EP, you'll discover that a great deal of care and thought went into the arrangements, which can not be said of the GnR release.

hambon4lif
03-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Dave has always been a ham. And this album is just him hamming it upSho' 'nuff!

hambon4lif
03-03-2011, 10:11 AM
But if you actually take some effort and listen to what is going on with Roth's EP, you'll discover that a great deal of care and thought went into the arrangements.Fuckinay! It still blows my mind when I think of all the high-caliber musicians that got together to make that EP. He wasn't just fucking around, he went for the absolute top-of-the-line.

It's got a cool vibe to it, I still play it, and I really don't feel the need to defend it....especially to someone who jacks off to Josie And The Pussycat cartoons.

sonrisa salvaje
03-03-2011, 10:23 AM
I will throw in Big Country's King Of Emotion. After the greatness of The Seer it was very dissapointing. If i was going to mention a Motley Crue record it would be Generation Swine.

kwame k
03-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Getting Wilson to come in and give a hand on California Girls says something about credibility.......

hambon4lif
03-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Getting Wilson to come in and give a hand on California Girls says something about credibility.......Not only that, but getting the chance to work with Edgar Winter has to be a musical education in itself.

FORD
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Motley Crue? Pretty much anything after their first two albums was worthless. Maybe Dr. Feelgood had a few high points, ironically enough because the band wasn't.

High, that is.

kwame k
03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Not only that, but getting the chance to work with Edgar Winter has to be a musical education in itself.

Yep and considering the level of musicians Dave has played with over the years vs the Van Halens he wins in that category, too.

sonrisa salvaje
03-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Motley Crue? Pretty much anything after their first two albums was worthless. Maybe Dr. Feelgood had a few high points, ironically enough because the band wasn't.

High, that is.

Well, comparatively there wasn't much chance anything after the first 2 records was ever going to measure up. I take those 2 out of the equation and try and look at the work after. Theater of Pain and Girls, Girls, Girls were hit and miss and i understand that. However, there are moments from those records that i can look at and really enjoy - enough so that i still listen to them today. Feelgood had a couple of moments for me -the title track and Kickstart, but songs like Without You and Same Old Situation make me cringe to the point that i look more fondly on Theater and Girls. I actually thought the New Tattoo record was a very solid effort despite Tommy Lee's absence.

Unchainme
03-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Uh-huh. And just what sort of deep "meaning" is to be found in the WIG OUT AND JIVE! image in your sig or avatar, Steve? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

Both albums are nothing more than goofs, and were not meant to be taken all that seriously. But if you actually take some effort and listen to what is going on with Roth's EP, you'll discover that a great deal of care and thought went into the arrangements, which can not be said of the GnR release.

This times a million.

Everything Roth has put off, he's tried to go top-notch with. Even with some of the missteps such as "Diamond Dave". "Your Filthy little mouth". You always got the feeling Dave was going all out in trying to get the best musicians possible to help with his group.

It's even forgotten to be brought up, that..of all people, Christopher Cross was singing backup for that record on "California Girls". How freaking weird is that?

Unchainme
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM

High, that is.

I liked "Save our souls" off of Theatre.

Also, for sheer cheese factor, "Home Sweet Home" is fun to sing along too.

Kristy
03-03-2011, 01:22 PM
So you make a list of albums that you don't like and decide they're the "Worst albums in rock history"?

My list is opinion not fact and two, if such a list were to exist it would most likely take up this entire forum. So relax the knot in your panties and give some leeway that not everybody likes the same mediocre shit that YOU listen to.

ThrillsNSpills
03-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh Man I got one that blows away every album in the worst albums in rock history.
And trust me if you heard it you would agree.
It's impossible to listen to this mess and not gravitate toward holding your nose, vomiting uncontrollably , turning over furniture , and then jumping out of the window.

And no it's not Disasterpiece Theater with Weeble Diamond.
No.
this album is so fucking horrendous that I am apologizing in advance to those brave souls that are going to listen to it.
And the album is:

SONNY BONO - INNER VIEWS

Yes, with such titles as Pammie's on a Bummer, and I Just Sit There you know you're in trouble.
My guess is that Sonny listened to Sargent Pepper and decided to shift his efforts to creating the worst sound you could ever imagine.
Rhino was re-releasing it at some point. I can't fathom why unless they hate human beings.

all the albums in this thread are brilliant in comparison.

"To this day it is still hard to believe that such a popster like Sonny Bono would come out with an LP like *Inner Views*, but that's how weird things got in 1967. Or did they...for alongside the 12-minute-plus psychedelic freakout *I Just Sit There* was the seven-minute anti-drug rant *Pammie's a Bummer*, giving a clue to Mr. Bono's future political leanings. The whole album is just a glorious mess, Phil Spector on a bad trip, with Sonny's off-key, nasal vocals rhyming "sturgeon" with "virgin" among other untoward couplets, while sitars drone and guitars groan...and as such it is a certified cult classic, another proud, exclusive addition to our *Collectors' Choice Music* gallery of pop's weirder moments." (Amazon) LMAO - thought I was kidding, did ya?

Kristy
03-03-2011, 01:42 PM

You miss the point of that record but it also like it didn't have much of one anyway. 'Bollocks' was a reaction to all the prog and stadium rock gloat that was so prevalent in the mid-70's (see: Pink Floyd) and like I was saying tunes clocking in at over 11 minutes can be just as annoying as 3 minute bubblegum epics. The Pistols were definitely a joke but that is exactly what they set out to do by mocking the music industry and taking advantage of others frustration due to the economic situation of Briton at the time. The entire record sounds as if it has been recorded in an entire week whereas Pink Floyd might take an entire month to hash out one song. Personally, 'Bollocks' does nothing for me other than serve as a reminder that there are too many musician out there so full of themselves (kind of ironic since Rotten himself became exactly what he claimed to have hated all along) and that a lot of rock and roll can be dull and uninspiring (see: Pink Floyd). To simply shout "FUCK YOU" at someone because there is no employment, or opportunities to be found makes more sense to me than a bunch of millionaires (see: Pink Floyd) writing pretentious epics about farm animals.

Kristy
03-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Rhino was re-releasing it at some point.

I'm kind of ambivalent about Rhino Records. In some ways they are the only ones out there trying to preserve music by (somehow) finding a lot of rarities and putting them on compilations. And a lot of them are worth the price of admission, too with not much in the way of filler, unnecessary remixes or extended versions. One that comes to mind is 'Rockin' Bones' which has some mind-blowing stuff like Link Wray, Lorrie and Larry Collins, and even the original version of 'Shaking All Over' by Billy Kid & The Pirates that The Who did a wonderful remake of on 'Live At Leeds'

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hYAo9yLmL._SL380_.jpg

On the other hand Rhino is like the Devil you don't know by buying up all the rights to these tunes (and some popular commercial acts like Fleetwood Mac) and keeping a hold of them. So if you want to seek out something by somebody you like Rhino will be the only ones you going have to deal with. I'm keeping my paranoid and conspiracy eye on them.

ppg960
03-03-2011, 01:53 PM
VH III was junk
The second album from Europe ( the 1st wasn't great either)
Stryper - yikes
Kingdom Come-Zepplin rip off
GWAR-WTF is this?

ThrillsNSpills
03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm kind of ambivalent about Rhino Records. [/img]

They've structured a lot of great discs and the one you posted looks interesting.
Rhino is awesome with regard to bonus tracks.
However Inner views is the most unlistenable mess you could ever imagine.
I'm guessing Rhino made it so people can get rid of guests that stay too long at your house.

FORD
03-03-2011, 02:16 PM

Isn't that more accurately a description of Brian Johnson's singing voice. Not that I don't love Ac/Dc, but it's true. And he didn't sing like that on the Geordie records.

saint
03-03-2011, 02:20 PM
VH III was junk
The second album from Europe ( the 1st wasn't great either)

I actually like there first, nostalgia I guess..

CROWBAR
03-03-2011, 02:21 PM
You miss the point of that record but it also like it didn't have much of one anyway. 'Bollocks' was a reaction to all the prog and stadium rock gloat that was so prevalent in the mid-70's (see: Pink Floyd) and like I was saying tunes clocking in at over 11 minutes can be just as annoying as 3 minute bubblegum epics. The Pistols were definitely a joke but that is exactly what they set out to do by mocking the music industry and taking advantage of others frustration due to the economic situation of Briton at the time. The entire record sounds as if it has been recorded in an entire week whereas Pink Floyd might take an entire month to hash out one song. Personally, 'Bollocks' does nothing for me other than serve as a reminder that there are too many musician out there so full of themselves (kind of ironic since Rotten himself became exactly what he claimed to have hated all along) and that a lot of rock and roll can be dull and uninspiring (see: Pink Floyd). To simply shout "FUCK YOU" at someone because there is no employment, or opportunities to be found makes more sense to me than a bunch of millionaires (see: Pink Floyd) writing pretentious epics about farm animals.

Nah, I got their point well enough as I grew up through that time. It was pretty evident what they were trying to do with their big "fuck you" to the industry because music had become so bland around then. It must have worked because they had a following. However, the music played so poorly didn't really coincide with their anger. Not to me anyway. That was released in 1977 if not mistaken, and the very next year Van Halen would debut their first. Now THAT was like a breath of fresh air compared to what else was being offered then.

I'd have throw that god awful offering from Iron Butterfly with In A Gadda Da Vida on there too. Chuck that one in the fireplace and light that fucker!

Kristy
03-03-2011, 02:24 PM
They've structured a lot of great discs and the one you posted looks interesting.

I'll give them credit in that the people at Rhino seem to be knowing what they are doing by simply loving all genres of music and bringing out tunes that have not been heard in decades. They did this 70's "funk anthem" 4-disc set that I almost bought. Bonus tracks material can be all right if it's not too superfluous or embarrassing to listen to. I'm still waiting on The Smith's remasters that Rhino claimed that had a right to but I think there are some unresolved internal legal issues with that band to see it as a possibility any time soon.

CROWBAR
03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Isn't that more accurately a description of Brian Johnson's singing voice. Not that I don't love Ac/Dc, but it's true. And he didn't sing like that on the Geordie records.

Well, his voice is an acquired taste I'd say. I think he was merely singing in a style he thought fit the Angus Bros music. I can certainly think of other singers who I like less than his voice though.

sadaist
03-03-2011, 02:32 PM

High, that is.

I mostly agree with you except I kinda like Theatre Of Pain. Definitely not their best by a long shot, but it came out at the perfect age for me when I was just getting into music and Motley Crue. That tour was my first concert ever. I musta played that tape 1,000 times in my Walkman. Shout At The Devil 5,000 times. So I have a soft sentimental spot for Theatre Of Pain mainly due to the timing.

chefcraig
03-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm still waiting on The Smith's remasters that Rhino claimed that had a right to but I think there are some unresolved internal legal issues with that band to see it as a possibility any time soon.

Yeah, what happened with that? There was supposed to be a British series of reissues with at least a couple of the studio albums on vinyl, and then the rest of the catalogue would follow on CD. This was something like two or three years ago, and nothing ever showed up in the U.S. Hell, at least they should reissue the Hatful of Hollow and Louder Than Bombs compilations, which for many Americans was their first taste of the band on imports.

Kristy
03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
It must have worked because they had a following. However, the music played so poorly didn't really coincide with their anger.

If you're talking production value then yeah, you won't get much of an argument from me on that recording. It was for the most part piss-poor and yet Chris Thomas was hailed a genius because of it going on to produce The Pretenders and INXS. The first VH was a marvel in that is came out of nowhere and not only that, it was something ORIGINAL in that Eddie completely re-wrote how rock guitar was to be played (unfortunately, he did spawn a lot of copy cats who didn't measure up). There is a lot of fire power on the first VH record and really, they didn't put out a bad album at all within the Roth-era six pack (although I did think Diver Down was the weakest link). And unlike the Pistols, the production on the first VH record is superb and the Warner remasters did an excellent job without it sounding too compressed.

So I can agree with you that a record may be good in theory so to say but if the production is bad or over the top (see: Steely Dan) then all the effort thrown into it becomes meaningless.

FORD
03-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah, what happened with that? There was supposed to be a British series of reissues with at least a couple of the studio albums on vinyl, and then the rest of the catalogue would follow on CD. This was something like two or three years ago, and nothing ever showed up in the U.S. Hell, at least they should reissue the Hatful of Hollow and Louder Than Bombs compilations, which for many Americans was their first taste of the band on imports.

Rhino can do remasters right when they want to. I think it falls more to the artists and what they want included than it does the label, really. For example, you can have Black Sabbath's "Black Box", which sounds great, but has absolutely NO "new" material on any of the albums & just one short DVD of unreleased video. Or you can have The Grateful Dead box "The Golden Road" which extends most of their albums to twice the original length with outtakes, alt mixes, and live material, plus a 2 disc set of demos and live stuff from the band's early days. Their Ramones reissues are stellar too, with a decent amount of bonus material on each disc. My favorite out of that one has to be the version of "Howling At The Moon" on the Too Tough To Die remaster, which actually sounds like a Ramones song, instead of just Joey singing over a bunch of video game noises like the "original" version. And the pre-Spectorized songs on End of the Century are great too.

Nitro Express
03-03-2011, 02:58 PM
The first Van Halen album was great because it brought rock and roll back and it was fresh and new at the same time. Everything and I mean everything was disco then. You had to live through that to appreciate the painful experience it was and how relieving it was to hear that Van Halen for the first time. We were stuck in disco and K-Tel grade pop music. It was a horrible time.

Kristy
03-03-2011, 02:59 PM

In a Uncut Magazine 2006 interview with Johnny Marr on the 20th Anniversary of 'The Queen Is Dead' he said he was approached by Sire Records to oversee the "remastering process" of The Smith's catalog since Sire scored big on the Ramones remasters. Marr said he personally wanted have a hand in the process with people like Brain May, The Edge, Lindsay Buckingham having control over the remastering process of their group's efforts and then it was halted. My best guess is that prick Morrisey either filing an injunction or doing something to halt the process. Morrisey is one bitter asshole claiming it was the drummer Mike Joyce's heroin addiction the split The Smiths up (pay no mind that Morrisey was already working on a solo effort before 'Strangeways' was released in 87) and that bass player Andy Rourke was far more of a junkie at this time. And apart from Morrisey and his pre-emo utterings I still say The Smiths were probably one of the best casted bands to ever come along. Marr was a riff-writing genius in those days - even Keith Richards praised him.

Marr said there are no bonus tracks and pretty much what they recorded it what's out there. Some remastering process can be great or it can suck (like those Ozzy scab albums and Billy Idol's catalog) but I would personally like to hear a cleaner version of 'The Queen Is Dead' and so would Marr saying he doesn't remember much of the recording process of that album because he was stoned out of his mind most of the way through it where he would go into a tiny room in the house where it was recorded, toke for hours, write a guitar riff, 4-track it, bring it to the band, play it and write another. Almost like a Bob Dylan way of doing things.

chefcraig
03-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Or you can have The Grateful Dead box "The Golden Road" which extends most of their albums to twice the original length with outtakes, alt mixes, and live material, plus a 2 disc set of demos and live stuff from the band's early days.

Get ready for the 60+ disc set covering the 1972 European tour. No, I'm not kidding, it will come out later this year.

Europe '72: The Complete Recordings (http://www.dead.net/features/release-info/holy-s-it-s-complete-europe-72-box-over-60-discs)

FORD
03-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Get ready for the 60+ disc set covering the 1972 European tour. No, I'm not kidding, it will come out later this year.

Europe '72: The Complete Recordings (http://www.dead.net/features/release-info/holy-s-it-s-complete-europe-72-box-over-60-discs)

Holy shit! :headlights:

The shows from that tour are fantastic, but that may be a bit much even for me!

Kristy
03-03-2011, 03:12 PM
The first Van Halen album was great because it brought rock and roll back and it was fresh and new at the same time. Everything and I mean everything was disco then. You had to live through that to appreciate the painful experience it was and how relieving it was to hear that Van Halen for the first time. We were stuck in disco and K-Tel grade pop music. It was a horrible time.

I also think the first VH record slapped a lot of pretentious punk in the face as well. Though I don't think they purposefully set out to do that.

ThrillsNSpills
03-03-2011, 03:26 PM

By K-Tel grade I'm assuming you mean the compilations sold on TV that didn't feel it necessary to have the original artists on the songs.

Diamondjimi

More like fuck time music. I have personally shagged the arse off many a hottie with Dark Side of the Moon as the soundtrack. Pink Floyd is amazing!

Nitro Express
Van Halen was like getting punched in the face hard by a left hook you didn't see coming. All those awful late 80 bands like Poison that were just bad copies of Van Halen didn't exist. It was disco or The Captain & Tennille singing Muskrat Love. It was just awful. Even KISS degraded to the disco thing. All the bands like Led Zeppelin had broken up or were so high they sucked. The Ramones weren't given the time of day and nobody knew who they were.

I think 1978 was when what exploded in the 80's was starting to hatch. The punk, the new wave, the return of rock. It all was percolating then and then it exploded and we all went holy shit and lapped it all up like thirsty dogs. The 70's wee gone. That whole hippie/Vietnam/Watergate/Nixon/Jimmy Carter shit was gone and AIDS hadn't reared it's ugly head yet.

Nitro Express
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
By K-Tel grade I'm assuming you mean the compilations sold on TV that didn't feel it necessary to have the original artists on the songs.

It was just all those shitty songs you heard on the K-Tel commercials. Honestly, who bought those records or 8 track tapes anyways but they were selling the shit hard. Those commercial were always on.

chefcraig
03-03-2011, 03:31 PM

There were a couple of weird types of compilations when I was a kid. The K-Tel ones offered you something like 200 top hits on a single LP, which meant you got about a minute or less of each song. Then there were "sounds-like" albums, that had some bozos playing the hits of the day in a manner that did everything but sound like the original. For some reason, they were always sold at drug stores.

A few years later, people you never heard of were selling similar albums on late night tv. These guys made a fortune under the names Slim Whitman and Boxcar Willie, and it was pretty much the same scam, only updated to include mail order.

Kristy
03-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I guess it is a legal battle after re-reading the interview:

"In December 1996 [drummer] Mike Joyce contested his 10% share of Smiths performance royalties in the High Court and won; Morrisey and Marr were ordered to pay in the region of @$750,000 between them with bass player Rouke also on a 10% royalty who had already settled out of court in 1990 for a less than a tenth of that sum. Marr compiled the verdict but, a decade on, Morrisey continues to fight it. Ever since, the singer has regularly expressed a pathological contempt for Joyce, publicly accusing the drummer of having "destroyed The Smiths."

So...there ya go.

Kristy
03-03-2011, 03:32 PM
More like fuck time music. I have personally shagged the arse off many a hottie with Dark Side of the Moon as the soundtrack. Pink Floyd is amazing!

Uh-huh. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrre you did.

hambon4lif
03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
I also think the first VH record slapped a lot of pretentious punk in the face as well. Though I don't think they purposefully set out to do that.I think that too. Then again, when you hear "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", it sounds as if they're intentionally making fun of it all.

Kristy
03-03-2011, 03:34 PM
All the bands like Led Zeppelin had broken up or were so high they sucked.

News flash: Zeppelin always sucked.

kwame k
03-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I also think the first VH record slapped a lot of pretentious punk in the face as well. Though I don't think they purposefully set out to do that.

Atomic Punk was written in reaction to the punk scene, IIRC.

lesfunk
03-03-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm so disappointed to hear you say that

Kristy
03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Why? They were horrible. Okay, after Zep IV they really sucked. Talk about poor production and burnt offerings.

ThrillsNSpills
03-03-2011, 03:44 PM
There were a couple of weird types of compilations when I was a kid. The K-Tel ones offered you something like 200 top hits on a single LP, which meant you got about a minute or less of each song. Then there were "sounds-like" albums, that had some bozos playing the hits of the day in a manner that did everything but sound like the original. For some reason, they were always sold at drug stores.

The only album that comes with a prescription.

Nobody asks for a cover band to do the Night Chicago Died , especially on the turntable.
I saw one years later where it was the original artists, but a different version of the song that the band did 20 years later. So strange.

chefcraig
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Nobody asks for a cover band to do the Night Chicago Died , especially on the turntable.
I saw one years later where it was the original artists, but a different version of the song that the band did 20 years later. So strange.

Shit, around that time there were competing versions of songs on both the charts and the radio. Paper Lace (who did The Night Chicago Died) were fighting it out with a group called Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods (whom all the guys in middle school predictably called Bo Donaldson and the Gaywoods) because both bands had released versions of the ghastly tune "Billy Don't Be a Hero". You'd also have two completely different songs with the same title in the charts as well, generally confusing the living fuck out of everybody. Bad Company probably had it happen most often, as they shared song titles with Barry White ("Can't Get Enough Of Your Love") and Roberta Flack ("Feel Like Makin' Love"), and probably wound up boosting the band's sales by accident.

lesfunk
03-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Why?
Obviously we don't share the same opinion regarding Led Zeppelin but your dislike of them seems so strong that I am taken aback. Zeppelin is usually a unanimous positive vote in all circles I run in. To praise The Smiths while denouncing Zeppelin mystifies me.

Mr Badguy
03-04-2011, 01:38 AM
My list is opinion not fact and two, if such a list were to exist it would most likely take up this entire forum. So relax the knot in your panties and give some leeway that not everybody likes the same mediocre shit that YOU listen to.

Ha ha!

Now you're getting it.

...finally!

Mr Badguy
03-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Why? They were horrible. Okay, after Zep IV they really sucked. Talk about poor production and burnt offerings.

To use your words; "relax the knot in your panties and give some leeway that not everybody likes the same mediocre shit that YOU listen to.".

That line will come in so handy for replying to the rest of your posts in this thread.

:tongue0011:

binnie
03-04-2011, 04:46 AM

Sometimes I think you sit at home laughing at our irate reactions to comments like that - there's a cheeky sense of humour there :D

Seshmeister
03-04-2011, 05:22 AM
My list is opinion not fact

Of course. We can't both be right about everything... :)

ODShowtime
03-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Pink Floyd - Animals

Oh my god, you're just the dumbest bitch on the planet. Your opinion are complete garbage! Why are you here? Jimmy Page is a bad producer and now this? Animals?

Fuck you and your ignorant thoughts, cunt.

sadaist
03-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Oh my god, you're just the dumbest bitch on the planet. Your opinion are complete garbage! Why are you here? Jimmy Page is a bad producer and now this? Animals?

Well, I know what album to get you for Christmas now.

;)

Kristy
03-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Obviously we don't share the same opinion regarding Led Zeppelin but your dislike of them seems so strong that I am taken aback. Zeppelin is usually a unanimous positive vote in all circles I run in. To praise The Smiths while denouncing Zeppelin mystifies me.

At least The Smiths had originality. But hey, if you like plagiarist rock shit with ear-numbing production, moronic lyrics from Hobbitville then you do. I realize that Zeppelin is somewhat of a sacred cow but they don't mean anything to me and never will.

Kristy
03-04-2011, 10:20 AM

And you can go fuck yourself with a chainsaw while blowing Mr Badguy, little boy.

hambon4lif
03-04-2011, 10:47 AM

Fuck you and your ignorant thoughts, cunt.......jesus fucking christ.

I wish I had an album worth getting hostile over.

After reading this post, I'm seriously considering investing in pharmaceuticals.

sonrisa salvaje
03-04-2011, 11:03 AM
"Yo Mick...i see three of em."
"Hit the one in the middle Rock."

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 03:34 PM

ok, you should be publically flogged with a cat of 9 tails for that post.

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 03:38 PM
ok, worst albums in rock history-
mine.
all of them.

i'd love to actually win the industry award for being the worst band ever, and for making the worst albums of all time.

i'd also love to be officially declared "the anti-christ" by the pope.

everybody else is busy with the great pissing contest to be the best.
i don't want anything to do with that shit.

hey, i was really hoping to win a "razzie" for carnies.
i wonder if there is a music equivalent of the razzie?
what ever it is.........i want the "lifetime achievement award"
for being the worst of all-time!

chefcraig
03-04-2011, 03:45 PM
ok, you should be publically flogged with a cat of 9 tails for that post.

Unlike yourself, who should be flogged with several chunks of reinforced concrete after every post. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sick-smileys-564.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Unlike yourself, who should be flogged with several chunks of reinforced concrete after every post. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sick-smileys-564.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

oh, c'mon chef.......not everypost........after all, i do have my rare and occasional
moments of lucid clarity and post something useful.
now, that being said, chef........she was blasting the mighty led zeppelin......
something had to be said........
:gun:

kwame k
03-04-2011, 05:28 PM
ok, worst albums in rock history-
mine.
all of them.

i'd love to actually win the industry award for being the worst band ever, and for making the worst albums of all time.

i'd also love to be officially declared "the anti-christ" by the pope.

everybody else is busy with the great pissing contest to be the best.
i don't want anything to do with that shit.

hey, i was really hoping to win a "razzie" for carnies.
i wonder if there is a music equivalent of the razzie?
what ever it is.........i want the "lifetime achievement award"
for being the worst of all-time!

Wow, what a surprise Ace attention whoring on himself............I bet ya the guy has never made two posts without drawing attention to his lame ass music or his pathetic life, ever.

It used to be fun mocking you but now it's a chore.

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Wow, what a surprise Ace attention whoring on himself............
hey shitheel, you dumbfuck........read back a page or 2, you will see that i am not the one who brought up
the subject of my stuff.
here, i'll spare you the effort:

Oh Man I got one that blows away every album in the worst albums in rock history.
And trust me if you heard it you would agree.
It's impossible to listen to this mess and not gravitate toward holding your nose, vomiting uncontrollably , turning over furniture , and then jumping out of the window.

And no it's not Disasterpiece Theater with Weeble Diamond.
No.
this album is so fucking horrendous that I am apologizing in advance to those brave souls that are going to listen to it.
And the album is:
SONNY BONO - INNER VIEWS
Yes, with such titles as Pammie's on a Bummer, and I Just Sit There you know you're in trouble.
My guess is that Sonny listened to Sargent Pepper and decided to shift his efforts to creating the worst sound you could ever imagine.
Rhino was re-releasing it at some point. I can't fathom why unless they hate human beings.

all the albums in this thread are brilliant in comparison.

SEE, SHITHEEL, I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T BRING IT UP FIRST.</ITHE p sevkidur nCthey...fo20g3F]<>

I bet ya the guy has never made two posts without drawing attention to his lame ass music or his pathetic life, ever.
OH, THAT'S NOT TRUE IN THE LEAST BIT.

It used to be fun mocking you but now it's a chore.
oh, you don't say?
well then, maybe you'll get tired of it and stop.
MY MISSION IS TO MAKE EVERYONE SO FUCKING SICK OF IT,
YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT EVER AGAIN, LET ALONE
CONTINUE TO MESS WITH ME.
IS IT STARTING TO WORK YET?

Unchainme
03-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Kristy, feel free to review Ace's album, much like what you've said about Samuel Roy Hagar in another thread.

All opposition to your comments about Pink Floyd and Zeppelin will be forgiven ;).

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Kristy, feel free to review Ace's album
WHICH ONE?
i've got 4 of them.

Nitro Express
03-04-2011, 05:59 PM

They were incredible assholes with criminal drug/organized crime connected management with a very violent dysfunctional drummer who did the world a favor by killing himself with his stupidity before he killed someone with his anger.

Nitro Express
03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Even Keef thought Led Zeppelin sucked. :biggrin:

Nitro Express
03-04-2011, 06:08 PM
At least The Smiths had originality. But hey, if you like plagiarist rock shit with ear-numbing production, moronic lyrics from Hobbitville then you do. I realize that Zeppelin is somewhat of a sacred cow but they don't mean anything to me and never will.

The Smith's remind me of an old fling. She was into them. She was a decorator and had a cool apartment and her bedroom had a huge bed with a canopy with curtains and a zillion pillows. I can remember being in that bed with "I'm miserable now" or whatever playing and thinking I was everything but miserable.

hambon4lif
03-04-2011, 06:22 PM
YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT EVER AGAIN Mission accomplished, Eeyore.

I hit that point the first time I heard it, and haven't thought about it since.

Nitro Express
03-04-2011, 06:42 PM
The Smiths were probably one of the best casted bands to ever come along. Marr was a riff-writing genius in those days - even Keith Richards praised him.

Keef knows music. He really does at a pretty sophisticated level. He seems to have a good knowledge of why things are and how things go together. He's far from being shallow.

Hardrock69
03-04-2011, 07:01 PM

You have and will continue to FAIL on your mission.
You cannot equal or even come close to the trollisms posted here by other idiots like Garfuckle, Jizzystool, or Joseph P. Thudner.
So why even try?

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 07:29 PM
You have and will continue to FAIL on your mission.
You cannot equal or even come close to the trollisms posted here by other idiots like Garfuckle, Jizzystool, or Joseph P. Thudner.
So why even try?

i once asked my mother in the early 1980's,
"mom, what would you do if you caught me smoking?"
"son, i would buy you carton after carton of cigarettes and make you chain smoke them until you get so sick of it you puke your guts up and never want to ever smoke again."
see, there is a method to my madness.
i plan to make kwame and everyone else so fucking sick of messing with me,
that they give up and leave me alone.
especially since i'm never going to change my ways.
the more you fuck with me, the more i will make you all miserable by ruining every fucking thread on
this site by making it somehow about me.......
until everyone stops fucking with me.
i strongly advise you not to press your luck........
i have made it pretty clear by now that i am fully capable of making it happen.
you've all had a taste of it lately.
do you still wish to continue fucking with me?
now, if everyone backed off and quit messing with me,
i would post a lot less, and i would actually behave and stop driving everyone crazy.
the ball is in your court.
:confused11:

sadaist
03-04-2011, 08:17 PM
......jesus fucking christ.

I wish I had an album worth getting hostile over.

After reading this post, I'm seriously considering investing in pharmaceuticals.

Nah. Go easy on him. There are just some albums that hold a special meaning to a person for 1 reason or another. That we truly love with everything in us and we will defend it as if it were our child. I get it. Dude loves that particular album and took great offense when someone else slammed it. No biggie. Everyones ear is different which is why music is so terrific.

But if you get in to pharmaceuticals can I has samples?

kwame k
03-04-2011, 08:44 PM
hey shitheel, you dumbfuck........read back a page or 2, you will see that i am not the one who brought up
the subject of my stuff.
here, i'll spare you the effort:

SEE, SHITHEEL, I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T BRING IT UP FIRST.</ITHE p sevkidur nCthey...fo20g3F]<>

OH, THAT'S NOT TRUE IN THE LEAST BIT.

oh, you don't say?
well then, maybe you'll get tired of it and stop.

Pussy bitch...it's nice to know I intimidate you so much:lmao:

Mess with you? All I've ever done is corrected you.....caught you in a million lies and can make fun of you at will.....why so bitter, Ace:headlights:

Kristy
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
i
the more you fuck with me, the more i will make you all miserable by ruining every fucking thread on
until everyone stops fucking with me.
i strongly advise you not to press your luck........

Ace, just a quick question: when was your last session with your therapist? He or she is obviously failing you if not society as a whole.

kwame k
03-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Ace, just a quick question: when was your last session with your therapist? He or she is obviously failing you if not society as a whole.

:lmao:

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 10:18 PM

i hate shrinks.
if i had my way i'd have them all rounded up and executed to rid the earth of them and their bullshit.

Blaze
03-04-2011, 10:26 PM
eye nose. Mr Diamond. eye nose. :)

Unchainme
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
i hate shrinks.
if i had my way i'd have them all rounded up and executed to rid the earth of them and their bullshit.

nice.

what a fucking idiot you are.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-04-2011, 10:50 PM

I strongly recommend you don't even try it, and just leave it at that....

Unchainme
03-04-2011, 11:02 PM

Va. shhhhh, don't give him a warning.

We can finally drive him off of here.

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 11:35 PM
eye nose. Mr Diamond. eye nose. :)

whatever, dude.
:gulp:

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Va. shhhhh, don't give him a warning.

We can finally drive him off of here.

fark orf, prig.
i'll do it.
just you watch.
and i won't get suspended or banned for it either.

there is indeed more than 1 way to skin a fucking cat, folks!

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 11:39 PM
nice.

what a fucking idiot you are.

that is no way to speak to your elders, you sniveling and utterly miserable, miscreant piece of rocking fucking horseshit.

Candy Girl
03-04-2011, 11:45 PM
fark orf, prig.
i'll do it.
just you watch.

http://localgeographic.com/pictures/W-05.gif

Double dog dare you.

Unchainme
03-04-2011, 11:49 PM
fark orf, prig.
i'll do it.
just you watch.

Please refrain from trying to impersonate the DM's, they are amazingly funny and are actually cool guys.

ashstralia
03-04-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

i like to use this to determine who is likely to be drunk and stoned.:biggrin:

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 11:52 PM

fuck you and shove your threats and warnings straight up your hidiously ugly and terribly putrid arse, you lousy cunt.
i'll do as i please.
it called free speech.
i have everybit as much right to it as anybody else to say as i please
whether or not you or anyone else likes or agrees with it.
kinda like i think those westboro bastist folks should tarred and feathered,
doused in petrol, and summarily set alight and while still alive and burning,
decapitated, drawn and quartered, and with what if anything is left of you be fed to a filthy
sloppy, slovenly swine for al the protests at military funerals, and for protesting the dio funeral.

the westboro baptists think they are god's true believers and messengers.
now, those westboro folks have a majprly unpopular opinion,
that i and i'm sure most folks strongly disagree with and particularly don't fucking like one bit.
but they still have the right to believe what they please and to have their opinion,
however unpopular it very hated and disgraceful it might be.

well, this is one case where the majority and i do agree.
but on this site, my opinions are just as much very unpopular.
now granted i may be totally crazy and oft incorrect about many things,
and i may start tons of shit with people out of sheer boredom,
just because i like pissing people off,
and pushing those buttons is something i am actually good at,
hell, i know clear and well how much i am hated here.
but i still have a right to my say, same as everyone else.
like it or not.

ace diamond
03-04-2011, 11:57 PM

i like to use this to determine who is likely to be drunk and stoned.:biggrin:

that would be me here in southern california right now!
9pm pacific time.

ashstralia
03-04-2011, 11:58 PM
'it's the final meltdown do do do doooo... do do doot doot doooo...'

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 12:01 AM
fuck you and shove your threats and warnings straight up your hidiously ugly and terribly putrid arse, you lousy cunt.
i'll do as i please.
it called free speech.
decapitated, drawn and quartered, and with what if anything is left of you be fed to a filthy
sloppy, slovenly swine for al the protests at military funerals, and for protesting the dio funeral.

that i and i'm sure most folks strongly disagree with and particularly don't fucking like one bit.
but they still have the right to believe what they please and to have their opinion,

like it or not.

What the fuck do assholes protesting soldiers funeral have to do with spamming threads on this board?

seriously ace, you need to grow the fuck up. get a real life.

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 12:05 AM
i recorded my 3rd album on this very same set-up.........
i'm still gonna record on march 4th those 2 new songs, because anyway i look at it, it'll take me 6 months to save up the money for this stuff,
and by the time i get it, i'll have some more new material to record.
but yes, i do see how that in the long run, this would save me a ton of time, money, and hassle.........

wasn't this supposed to happen today? i mean your today. cause for me, it's already tomorrow.

Nitro Express
03-05-2011, 12:06 AM
'it's the final meltdown do do do doooo... do do doot doot doooo...'

:biggrin:

FORD
03-05-2011, 12:07 AM
What the fuck do assholes protesting soldiers funeral have to do with spamming threads on this board?

You don't understand, Grasshopper....

See, Ace understands the Constitution better than any of us, because he's a direct descendant of every single goddamn one of the original "founding fathers" who signed it, as well as the Indians they stole the land from.

He's related to ALL of them. Just wait, he'll tell you.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 12:07 AM
wasn't this supposed to happen today? i mean your today. cause for me, it's already tomorrow.

finances intervened.
i've had to reschedule it for next month.

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 12:08 AM
aaahh, thanks nitro:) always the man on the ball heheh...

Nitro Express
03-05-2011, 12:10 AM
i hate shrinks.

Careful Ace. You are starting to sound like Kristy with your opinion on the professional psychiatry profession.

Nitro Express
03-05-2011, 12:13 AM

See, Ace understands the Constitution better than any of us, because he's a direct descendant of every single goddamn one of the original "founding fathers" who signed it, as well as the Indians they stole the land from.

So the founding fathers fucked native american women and all those fertilized eggs somehow turned into Ace? Dude. I'm still trying to figure out immaculate conception. This sort of thing would make the bible explode.

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 12:16 AM
oh the hu-manatee

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 12:21 AM
no sea cows here.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Attth diamond.

Candy Girl
03-05-2011, 12:30 AM

Touché :lol:

Kristy
03-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Careful Ace. You are starting to sound like Kristy with your opinion on the professional psychiatry profession.

And it getting ugly, too. I may find myself in a legal battle with my sister's (former) social worker. One little victory is she on a temporary license censure which means she is getting paid but not seeing any clients until the State Department of Regulatories has a board meeting on her which is great except for the fact I have to be at this board meeting this upcoming Friday myself. I hope at least, her social worker license is pulled for a minimum of a year.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 12:35 AM
And it getting ugly, too. I may find myself in a legal battle with my sister's (former) social worker. One little victory is she on a temporary license censure which means she is getting paid but not seeing any clients until the State Department of Regulatories has a board meeting on her which is great except for the fact I have to be at this board meeting this upcoming Friday myself. I hope at least, her social worker license is pulled for a minimum of a year.

Kristy, join in with us and bash ace.

Kristy
03-05-2011, 12:39 AM

Except what pleases you is a constant barrage of abuse towards others in which they have a right not to any part of. Really Ace, and I can't believe I am saying this but if you are on any medication (and it's more than evident that you have been at some point in your miserable life) to PLEASE go back on them.

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Really Ace, and I can't believe I am saying this but if you are on any medication (and it's more than evident that you have been at some point in your miserable life) to PLEASE go back on them.

he seems to get a bit cranky on the booze and weed.

Candy Girl
03-05-2011, 12:44 AM
No, unfortunately he likes to drag innocent people (who shall remain nameless) through the mud just to get attention for himself. Fucking pathetic.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Except what pleases you is a constant barrage of abuse towards others in which they have a right not to any part of. Really Ace, and I can't believe I am saying this but if you are on any medication (and it's more than evident that you have been at some point in your miserable life) to PLEASE go back on them.
but it's ok for others to verbally abuse me, right, you smelly cunt?
i've a right to abuse verbally those that have in the past and presently still are verbally abusing me.
as for medication, the answer is:
never.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Hey ace, you shacking up with GAR out in LA in his '92 windstar van?

Kristy
03-05-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm done with you, Ace. Have fun spending what's left of your pathetic life in a room full of mirrors.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 01:13 AM

dude, you are 21.
i'll be 34 this year.
i am more than a decade your elder.
you insolent child.

FORD
03-05-2011, 01:16 AM

'92 would be an Aerostar. They didn't make the Windstar until 1995.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 01:18 AM
dude, you are 21.
i'll be 34 this year.
i am more than a decade your elder.
you insolent child.

...the fuck does that have to do with anything?

ain't tossing in real life shit, but I'm working on a degree at a decent 4 year college and have a pretty decent summer job.

meanwhile you sponge off the gov't, and use your free time to create your shit music and spam the boards here with mindless drivel, and calling women the "C-word".

seems to me I'm the one who's more grown up.

ain't really a contest dude, I'm just digging watching you melt down.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 01:20 AM
No, unfortunately he likes to drag innocent people (who shall remain nameless) through the mud just to get attention for himself. Fucking pathetic.

may the bird of paradise fly up your nose.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 01:22 AM
Seriously your smack is

"HURR, I'M OLDER THAN YOU! SHUT UP!".

pretty fucking fail-tastic right there.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 01:25 AM

ain't tossing in real life shit, but I'm working on a degree at a decent 4 year college and have a pretty decent summer job.

meanwhile you sponge off the gov't, and use your free time to create your shit music and spam the boards here with mindless drivel, and calling women the "C-word".

ain't really a contest dude, I'm just digging watching you melt down.

well, sonny, let me tell you something, kiddo.
do you think i would still be alive with a mouth like mine
at my age if i didn't learn a thing or two about surviving and of human nature?

you need to seriously consider that.
most anyone else would have gotten killed long before reaching my present age.
oh sure, a few people have actually tried to kill me.
i've even had contracts out on my head before.
yet i'm still here, and very much alive and a free man.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Seriously your smack is

wait until you are my age.
you will eat and apologize for every word you just posted.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 01:28 AM

The fuck does that have to do with anything?

seriously dude...You need some serious help.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 01:28 AM

for what? You're a fucking moron and a loonie.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 01:31 AM
for what?
it's called life experience.
i've got an aweful lot more of it than you do.
may you find out exactly what i know and how i feel in the worst possible and inhumane way.

Nitro Express
03-05-2011, 01:37 AM

I have yet to meet a social worker that can screw in a lightbulb. I used to rent commercial office space to an outfit full of social workers and they had to be the dumbest people I have ever met. They literally can't put in a light bulb themselves and would call our office for us to do it for them. Sorry, it's not in the lease contract.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 01:51 AM
I have yet to meet a social worker that can screw in a lightbulb. I used to rent commercial office space to an outfit full of social workers and they had to be the dumbest people I have ever met. They literally can't put in a light bulb themselves and would call our office for us to do it for them. Sorry, it's not in the lease contract.

thank you very much for this kickass and very useful post.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 02:42 AM

are you really sure about that?

'92 would be an Aerostar. They didn't make the Windstar until 1995.

Seriously your smack is
quite the oppisite, it would appear.......

ain't tossing in real life shit, but I'm working on a degree at a decent 4 year college and
have a pretty decent summer job.
seems to me, you are the one who is fail-tastic this evening.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 02:43 AM

I have yet to meet a social worker that can screw in a lightbulb.
I used to rent commercial office space to an outfit full of social workers and they had to be
the dumbest people I have ever met. They literally can't put in a light bulb themselves and
would call our office for us to do it for them. Sorry, it's not in the lease contract.

thank you very much for this kickass and very useful post.

for what? You're a fucking moron and a loonie.
you are not qualified to make that judgement, unchainme.

it's called life experience.
i've got an aweful lot more of it than you do.
may you find out exactly what i know and how i feel in the worst possible and inhumane way.
unchainme, quit while your behind.if you keep going, i'm going to verbally abuse and publically humiliate you.
your lack of life experience and the stinking stupidity and arrogance of your youth is made clear
by the glaring inaccuracies of your posts.
next time, do your bloody homework, and actually think before you speak.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 02:44 AM
I'm done with you, Ace.
SUIT YOURSELF.

Have fun spending what's left of your pathetic life
in a room full of mirrors.
i dig that song.
i love listening to jimi hendrix records.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm laughing my ass off at this shit.

keep failing away ace.

Hardrock69
03-05-2011, 02:53 AM
I thought this was a thread about Worst Albums In Rock History.

Instead it is another thread derailed by the resident Attention Whore.

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 02:54 AM
berry heaveh bird-tation. but let's check the clock on the ol' clubhouse wall there...

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 02:59 AM

sorry hr. i'll go with everything pearl jam has ever infli.. i mean released.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 03:17 AM
I'm laughing my ass off at this shit.
REALLY?
you should be laughing at yourself in the mirror.

k
eep failing away ace.

pot, meet kettle.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 03:22 AM

Instead it is another thread derailed by the resident Attention Whore.

well, after all,
all of my albums are on the ballot here for consideration as the worst rock albums of all time.
i want the award nore than anybody ever has.
i'd consider a great honour to win such an award.
i've been working at trying to win that award for quite some time now.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 03:22 AM

Pearl jam is very "meh" to me. Sort of bland versus it's seattle counterparts in my opinion. Ten's not bad, not a fan of anything other than that is not anything that's really made me all that excited.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 03:23 AM

other than "ten" i'd pretty much say that they really suck.
however, they don't suck worse than me.

Diamondjimi
03-05-2011, 03:45 AM
http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/hijack31.gif

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 03:48 AM
http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/hijack31.gif
don't ruin the surprise for everyone.............

Hardrock69
03-05-2011, 03:51 AM
well, after all,
all of my albums are on the ballot here for consideration as the worst rock albums of all time.
i want the award nore than anybody ever has.
i'd consider a great honour to win such an award.
i've been working at trying to win that award for quite some time now.

Good. So focus your posts in this thread on the albums. Continuing to post insulting faggotry towards others is driving the thread off the cliff into an abyss of irrelevancy.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 04:01 AM
Good. So focus your posts in this thread on the albums. Continuing to post insulting faggotry towards others is driving the thread off the cliff into an abyss of irrelevancy.

of all my albums, i'd have to say by far, "555-the neighbour of the beast" is the worst rock album ever made.
and i am the one that wrote and recorded every lyric and every note of every vocal and every instrument on it.
in 2004 at 27 years old when i made that one,
i had no clue what the fuck i was doing.
the end product is proof of that.
even i can't listen to that album because it is so bad.

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 04:02 AM

insulting faggotry heheheh

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 04:14 AM
insulting faggotry heheheh

nobody gives a toss about any buggering.

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 04:43 AM
geeeez ya blaaahdy big buffoon. settle down or you'll be tossed out of the bar, ignominiously. you don't insult moderators. or webmasters and such.

Dave's Bitch
03-05-2011, 04:46 AM
One for All by Peter Criss, wow that album is a mediocre effort.Lack of hook's,off key singing,cheesy key boards and over dubbed crowd noise.A really poor showing from the cat man

ashstralia
03-05-2011, 05:14 AM
i've always thought tattoo you was a pungent pile of shite.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 05:24 AM
geeeez ya blaaahdy big buffoon. settle down or you'll be tossed out of the bar, ignominiously. you don't insult moderators. or webmasters and such.

NONSENSE.
i've been doing insulting them for years.
just as well, they have been insulting me for years all the same.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 05:30 AM
One for All by Peter Criss, wow that album is a mediocre effort.Lack of hook's,off key singing,cheesy key boards and over dubbed crowd noise.A really poor showing from the cat man

the only thing of peter criss solo stuff worth a shit is the CRISS-"CAT#1" EP and the full legnth "CRISS"
album from the early 90's.
i've got them both on cassette tapes.
oh hell, i've got all peter's solo stuff, but the "criss" stuff from the early 90's is the only
part of it i ever listen to...........the rest of it really sucks.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 05:31 AM
i've always thought tattoo you was a pungent pile of shite.

other than "start me up", i tend to agree.
ever since "goat head soup" it really been pretty much mostly downhill for the stones.
the 60's material is still their best stuff.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2011, 07:40 AM
i'll do as i please.
it called free speech.

like it or not.

Spew all you want with your insults, I'm not phased at all...

You can have all the free speech you want, but it had better pertain to the threads on this board.

Spam the board any more than you already are with your personal bullshit that no one wants to read anyway, and you can go spam the Links.

It's not a threat, it's a promise.

ace diamond
03-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Spew all you want with your insults, I'm not phased at all...

You can have all the free speech you want, but it had better pertain to the threads on this board.

Spam the board any more than you already are with your personal bullshit that no one wants to read anyway, and you can go spam the Links.

It's not a threat, it's a promise.

you act like i actually fucking give a flying fucking shit what you say.
your threats and promises don't mean jack fucking shit to me.
your useless and senseless posturing doesn't scare me.
what, like banishment is supposed to scare the shit outta me and scare me straight into good behaviour?
i don't fucking think so.
geez, it's always the same old, tired, useless bullshit.
threats and promises of things you may or may not do doesn't mean
a damn thing to me.

when will some people ever learn that it useless to say anything to someone
who is hellbent and determined to do things as they see fit, all else be bloody damned?
you wave about the possibility of banishment from the rotharmy is the end of the fucking world.
well then, if you really think that, your the big idiot.
not i.
so go ahead and ban me permenantly, for life.
i don't fucking care.
you'd be doing me a huge favor anyways.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Well alrighty then, see ya.....

ThrillsNSpills
03-05-2011, 09:40 AM
what, like banishment is supposed to scare the shit outta me and scare me straight into good behaviour?
a damn thing to me.

who is hellbent and determined to do things as they see fit, all else be bloody damned?
you wave about the possibility of banishment from the rotharmy is the end of the fucking world.
No worse than my classmates laughing at me in gym class.
not i.
so go ahead and ban me permenantly, from tastycakes.
i don't fucking care. wahhh

keep your chins up.
here's your consolation prize.

78/84 guy
03-05-2011, 10:25 AM
STP doesn't have any clunkers.

Yah, No.4 is a great STP album. I don't get some people. VH3. Filty Mouth by Dave (I did like a couple blues tunes on it) & F.U.C.K. have it beat by a mile.

ThrillsNSpills
03-05-2011, 10:39 AM
STP volume 4 and Shangri La are classics.

the bass playing alone is brilliant.

kwame k
03-05-2011, 11:01 AM
a damn thing to me.

not i.
so go ahead and ban me permenantly, for life.
i don't fucking care.

Ah, suicide by mod, classic!

:lmao:Well Ace, it's been fun busting your ball, calling you out on all your lies and basically watching you implode............

You fought a good fight and were passionate [about what we have no idea].......

ThrillsNSpills
03-05-2011, 11:59 AM
One day Ace will turn it all around and end up on a Dr. Demento compilation album.

Which will of course be redone with non-original artists and sold by K-Tel.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-05-2011, 12:13 PM
jimmie's chicken shack "bring your own stereo" was very disappointing.

Unchainme
03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
So he's finally banned eh?

good fucking riddance.

His spamming and hijacks of various threads really got old fast. Not to mention, involving every. single. aspect. of his personal life. Dude treated it like his own personal version of myspace

I really hold by that him and Savicki are high functioning autistics.

FORD
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm sure that somewhere in the great beyond this morning, Howard Hughes and Laura Ingalls Wilder are mourning the passing of their "cousin" Ace...... :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
All for the better of keeping the Roth Army a TROLL FREE ZONE™ !!!

Nitro Express
03-06-2011, 02:19 AM
This must be before Cabo mania.

binnie
03-06-2011, 06:00 AM
I thought this was a thread about Worst Albums In Rock History..

It is. That's why Ace is in here.

FORD
03-06-2011, 12:27 PM
This must be before Cabo mania.

You'll notice Elvis Costello makes the wise decision and does NOT stay on stage with Hagar. In fact that's EC's Jazzmaster guitar that Jerry is playing. Garcia must have been so high he didn't realize who was on stage with him. Probably wouldn't be the first time. It's hard to imagine he and the Ched Rocker would have much in common though.

ELVIS
03-06-2011, 12:55 PM
That wasn't bad for Hagar...

Mr. Vengeance
03-06-2011, 05:04 PM

She thinks Maiden's X-Factor is a good album. All you need to know about her music tastes.

Mr. Vengeance
03-06-2011, 05:15 PM
There was no steaming pile of dogshit worse than Krokus' Change of Address. I loved the band, and the day it came out I go get it, throw it on and get song after song of gay, syntho-sludge, weak metal. I never expected Krokus albums to change the world- they were just fun R&R, but this was SHIT!!!!

sonrisa salvaje
03-06-2011, 10:49 PM
There was no steaming pile of dogshit worse than Krokus' Change of Address. I loved the band, and the day it came out I go get it, throw it on and get song after song of gay, syntho-sludge, weak metal. I never expected Krokus albums to change the world- they were just fun R&R, but this was SHIT!!!!

I don't know. I'll see your Krokus and raise you one Def Leppard Adrenalize. :barf:

Steve Savicki
03-20-2011, 12:27 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Van_Halen_-_Fair_Warning.jpg

Unchainme
03-20-2011, 12:44 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d7/Van_Halen_-_Fair_Warning.jpg

Wrong thread pedo-boy.

STFU.

Van Halen's BEST album right there, obviously you can't tell because you've been watching jem episodes up in your ass.

FORD
03-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Go fuck Branigan's corpse, Steve. You should be fucking banned for saying that about Fair Warning. :gun:

Hell, I wouldn't even nominate SkyCrapper for this list, let alone any Van HALEN albums.

Nitro Express
03-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Go fuck Branigan's corpse, Steve. You should be fucking banned for saying that about Fair Warning. :gun:

Hell, I wouldn't even nominate SkyCrapper for this list, let alone any Van HALEN albums.

He should be locked in a steam bath naked with Sammy Hagar and Boy George for his blasphemy.

SunisinuS
03-20-2011, 04:47 AM
"Van Halen's BEST album right there"

Although I do cunfusticate it......as VH II and Fair Warning fight it out in my head.....but to admit....I suppose around Females I think of VH II first but alone and ready to find a female......Fair Warning.

Yup that about sums it up.

Wow a thread on the internets that made me think. Sweet.
:(

Looks at the title of the thread.
:umm:

Doh!

Unchainme
03-20-2011, 11:22 AM

Just some great tracks on there "Mean Street" is an underrated classic, along with "So this is love?" and "Hear about it later", also how can you not dig "Push comes to shove" and it's pseudo reggae style?

Not to mention that Van Halen's greatest song "Unchained" came off that album. It may have not done the best commercially, but I feel it was Van Halen at their peak.

Savicki's an idiot, I once saw him pimping some stupid ass cassette he found in a dumpster outside the dollar general as being "better" than I believe 1984. He's also said that he prefers Laura Branigan over David Lee Roth and well..just look at my sig for his feelings on Hagar. He's quite the oxygen thief and a cunt.

Hellraiser!!
03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
There's a lot of shitty stuff!!! Lately, I'm blocking bad music from my life!

Steve Savicki
04-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Unchainme
04-23-2011, 10:13 PM
alright..it's settled..

You're a fucking paedo...

no trying to argue it now.

Kristy
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Um...

Led Zeppelin I
Led Zeppelin II
Led Zeppelin III
Led Zeppelin IV

Houses Of The Holy
Coda
Presence
In Through The Whatever
Physical Braffiti

The Firm
Coverdale/Page
Death Wish IV Soundtrack
Walking Into Clarksdale
Unledded

...and anything else that rat limey bastard ever recorded and/or had the balls to put his plagiarizing name on.

lesfunk
04-24-2011, 02:23 PM
LOL! You are really one of those underage models he molested back in 1973 aren't you? You're holding a grudge!

Kristy
04-24-2011, 02:25 PM
He's just so...so..edgy!
http://worldclassshitty.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/jimmy-page-preston-400-0730071.jpg

lesfunk
04-24-2011, 02:26 PM
like a butter knife

lesfunk
04-24-2011, 02:33 PM
I know you really hate Zeppelin Kristy, and I don't want to come off as some kind of "expert" just because I'm a musician with some experience, but there really is quite a bit of Music in those shitty, plagiarized records. The worst in rock history tag just don't fit.

SunisinuS
04-24-2011, 02:55 PM
He should be locked in a steam bath naked with Sammy Hagar and Boy George for his blasphemy.

When I was living in England we went downtown on a weekend and these people had signs out "Wet T-Shirt Contest"....so of course....being young we moved in their direction. We sat down at the table that had the best view. And lo and behold....we found ourselves sitting at a table with Boy George. That cat must have been confused.

Kristy
04-24-2011, 03:14 PM
but there really is quite a bit of Music in those shitty, plagiarized records...

Really? Where? You're funny, though. Music on a Zep recording.

lesfunk
04-24-2011, 03:21 PM
At least I amuse you, thats a good thing, Oroka na Tori

Kristy
04-24-2011, 04:26 PM
No, it's just that Zeppelin depresses me.

Kristy
04-24-2011, 04:50 PM
So let's make this the most depressing groups/singer-songwriters of all time:

1. Moody Blues
2. Dan Fogelberg
3. Snow PAtrol
4. Led Zeppelin
5. E from Eels
6. Arcade Fire
7. Cowboy Junkies
8. Pink Floyd
9. Bauhaus
10. Anything that is Paul Westerberg solo

Kristy
04-24-2011, 04:56 PM
And most annoying:

1. Coldplay
2. Norah Jones
3. Sammy Hagar (given)
4. Bono/U2
5. Lady GaGa
6. Post 1986 Elvis Costello
7. Modest Mouse
8. Ocean Colour Scene
9. Morrissey
10. Tori Amos

Mr. Vengeance
04-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah......too bad Zep couldn't pen a genius tune like" 2am".....

Matt White
04-25-2011, 11:19 AM
You have to be retarded to NOT like Led Zeppelin.....

Worst? St. Anus..........still

chefcraig
04-25-2011, 11:36 AM
You have to be retarded to NOT like Led Zeppelin.....

I wouldn't go as far as saying retarded, because you have to realize that some people (like me) thought their first album was little more than a rip-off of the Jeff Beck Group. Of course, they got much better over the years, but there are folks that will still hold that (along with the group's smugness and general lack of concern for their audience, two traits that Van Halen has unfortunately inherited) against them.

It's inevitable that blues purists would bristle at the band's heavy-handed takes on the medium, which certainly lacked a great deal of subtlety at times. The thing is, Zep knew when to hold back. Look at Beck, Bogert & Appice. The clods in that rhythm section had zero clue as to when to lay off, and their version of "Superstition" (along with their various blues numbers live) proves it. Rather than attempting a cool funk groove, they positively flattened the damned song. Yeah, there is a place for bombast, but not on every song in your catalogue.

So people might tend to think of Zep as an overblown group, as all they hear is the heaviness. And Plant and company could be a bit acrobatic and overwrought occasionally. That coupled with the highly questionable personal habits of most of it's members, and it's relatively easy to see why some people tend to dismiss the band, if not outright loathe them.

Kristy
04-25-2011, 01:35 PM
You have to be retarded to NOT like Led Zeppelin.

Really? I don't know how some can be so um non-retarded and listen to that plagiarized swill. Or, maybe, it's a guy thing in that males seem to have this weird homoerotic fixation on Jimmy Page. Either way, I could care less. Zeppelin was for most part unlistenable (no, not unleded, unlistenable) and I've stated reasons before as to why. Zeppelin was more of a formula than a band. But hey, if you like them. Great.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-25-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd go for the incredibly ironically titled "Never Mind The Bollocks" and also anything Axl has put his name to 1990 onwards.

Though, most of the time if I can at least see what the album is trying to do, I'll just let it lie if I don't like it. Cos, like, who died and made me king of music? So, as long as it comes from the right place, I can at least respect it (with a few notable exceptions, obviously)

Matt White
04-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Really? I don't know how some can be so um non-retarded and listen to that plagiarized swill. Or, maybe, it's a guy thing in that males seem to have this weird homoerotic fixation on Jimmy Page. Either way, I could care less. Zeppelin was for most part unlistenable (no, not unleded, unlistenable) and I've stated reasons before as to why. Zeppelin was more of a formula than a band. But hey, if you like them. Great.

I can see the occasional illegitimate female child of either Page or Plant having such a deep-seated hatered for the band...understandable

Legions of female listeners have enjoyed ZEPPELIN's use of "light & shade" over their career

As stated before, JIMMY PAGE is widely recognized as the "Wagner" of rock...he has no equal in writing epic riffs and compositions...

I can understand the occasional "I don't like them"....because there will always be the "tone" deaf & those who just "don't get it".....

but the "worst" and "swill"? Really...

Matt White
04-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd go for the incredibly ironically titled "Never Mind The Bollocks" and also anything Axl has put his name to 1990 onwards.

Though, most of the time if I can at least see what the album is trying to do, I'll just let it lie if I don't like it. Cos, like, who died and made me king of music? So, as long as it comes from the right place, I can at least respect it (with a few notable exceptions, obviously)

Yup.....Chinese Democracy? TERRIBLE

Matt White
04-25-2011, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying retarded...son thought

If a person thought they were "the worst"....I'm thinking mouth-breather....

Steve Savicki
04-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Yup.....Chinese Democracy? TERRIBLE
Bet Axl is thankful SOMEONE took the time to listen to it LOL!

Hardrock69
04-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Shut up, loser....

Matt White
04-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Bet Axl is thankful SOMEONE took the time to listen to it LOL!

HA!!!

I remember hearing one song...once...on the radio, on a long road trip....the chorus sounded like Titany Spears........AWFULL!!!

jacksmar
04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, Howe
Echo & the Bunnymen Crocodiles
John Travolta Travolta Fever